Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick to the back teeth of Soccer

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

daveirl wrote:
    Nonsense. How do you know it wasn't used? Do you know everybody in Ireland?
    And sure, how is it loosing one's dialect, it's merely adding to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I like playing soccerball, not watching it. Unless Ireland are playing, then I like to watch whilst hurling stones at my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Degsy wrote:
    So does Playboy of the western world and i dont hear people discussing THAT in pubs.I submit that maybe som epeople need to get out more or at least find something more intersting to do with t hier time than watch men with mullets gesticulating in short trousers.

Wow, i am sensing serious bitterness here, and it isn't exact;y well disguised.
    Would you care to share with us what horrible past experience you have had with regard to football? Surelay that can be the only explanation for such ridiculous statements?!:confused:

Hellm0 wrote:
    Shot at dawn.

Can't you just be shot now instead?please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

daveirl wrote:
    tbh, i thought the use of English language at all in Ireland is the perfect example of the Anglicisation of Ireland...

Perhaps it is because the rest of the country has been years behind Dublin in terms of access to more than just RTE television. Give it time and i'm sure the rest of the country will probably just bypass the "english" words and start using "american" like, you know.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

daveirl wrote:

OH NOES!
    the british are comming, the BRITISH ARE COMMING!

amazingly, languages change all the time, and seeing as english is a language that is built on not only borrowing phrases from other languages, but on occasion it has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.
    It only stands to reason that various dialects (like the bastardisation of english we are all so proud of) would do the same thing.

daveirl wrote:

Yeah because nobody outside of Dublin says mate. Unbelievable.

Advertisement