Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41st Berlin Marathon

Options
  • 30-09-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭

Pre registration open
    http://berlin-register.r.mikatiming.de/2014/?lang=EN
    Registration for the 41st BMW BERLIN MARATHON 2014

You want to run 42,195 km across Berlin? Here you go:
    Your registration:

Please fill in the following form completely!
    Registration period: September 30 to October 14, 2013 *

* here is no need to hurry and register exactly at 12 noon on Monday, September 30, since everybody has the same chances.

After sending your data by clicking "sign up", you'll receive an automatic response by mail confirming your participation in the raffle.

Award of entries:
    Among all participants, the available places will be drawn. Beginning November 1, we will send an email to everybody who has been drawn informing them of their “raffle-luck”. Included in this email will be a registration link for the 41st BMW BERLIN MARATHON 2014. The binding registration must then be completed between November 4 and November 11, 2013.

Any spot that has not been claimed during this time period will be offered to the next in succession from the initial raffle draw. These remaining spots must then be confirmed by binding registration between November 25 and December 2, 2013.

We cross our fingers and wish good luck to every participant!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Have put my name in the hat, a group of us are hoping to go next year. Any ideas what the chances will be like for 2014?

I read somewhere the huge demand in 2013 was due to the 40th anniversary, maybe the world record course will also add to the demand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

nellocono wrote: »
    I read somewhere the huge demand in 2013 was due to the 40th anniversary, maybe the world record course will also add to the demand :)
    It's been the world record course since 2003!

Not sure what the odds are, but I reckon it's safe to assume that some members of your group will not be successful in the ballot. These ballots are a curse. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

I have 5 entries in but only really need or want 2 places. The entry process is open to some trickery, I wonder how they will filter out multiple entries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Might go for this...The OH was watching it on TV w/ me and thought it would be fun to go to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

drquirky wrote: »
    Might go for this...The OH was watching it on TV w/ me and thought it would be fun to go to...

Well thats a u turn from your talk of a long sabbatical from marathons after Budapest a whole 10 days ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

ecoli wrote: »
    Well thats a u turn from your talk of a long sabbatical from marathons after Budapest a whole 10 days ago :D

The persuasive powers of womankind at work!

drquirky wrote: »
    The persuasive powers of womankind at work!

We should get her to start coaching in the club so. Reckon we could have that elusive training group in no time with her at the helm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Pre registration open

Cheers, threw my name in the hat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

ecoli wrote: »
    We should get her to start coaching in the club so. Reckon we could have that elusive training group in no time with her at the helm :p

She'd be doing well to keep you in line :)

TRR wrote: »
    She'd be doing well to keep you in line :)

These days as long as training sessions are before 1 and after 11 ill bet grand :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

F€ck, was planning on only running London next year but I couldn't resist applying for this one.

Part of me (my legs) hope I don't get in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Gavlor wrote: »
    F€ck, was planning on only running London next year but I couldn't resist applying for this one.

Part of me (my legs) hope I don't get in!!

No pressure:D:D but I'm assuming you'll be aiming to run comparable times to some of your fellow county men that ran it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

docjewel wrote: »
    No pressure:D:D but I'm assuming you'll be aiming to run comparable times to some of your fellow county men that ran it over the weekend.

2.21 and a couple of 2.37's??! Maybe if I take a shortcut along the route!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Was speaking to a mate of PH's (2:21) today,he found the last 3 miles toughish but reckons he can go faster:eek::eek:, he thinks one of the differences between him & some of the faster times was the faster runners had their own drinks around the course,where as he didn't, so no excuses now:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

docjewel wrote: »
    Was speaking to a mate of PH's (2:21) today,he found the last 3 miles toughish but reckons he can go faster:eek::eek:, he thinks one of the differences between him & some of the faster times was the faster runners had their own drinks around the course,where as he didn't, so no excuses now:D:D:D

I think he definitely could go faster. 2:21 is a good run but he himself would admit that had he paced it better(69min first half) he would've gone sub 2:20.

Is there a qualifying time that'll get you automatic entry into Berlin? I cant seem to find anything about that on the website.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I believe in you..
    Inline Skaters can register as usual until August next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Entered, less than a week left to pre-register.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Entered. Not done a marathon since Belfast 1982. Got into cycling a few years back and found the boards cycling forum really helpful in achieving my goals. Hope I can get as much help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

74,707 registered for the 2014 BMW BERLIN-MARATHON lottery so a better than 50/50 chance for anyone entered. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

rom wrote: »
    74,707 registered for the 2014 BMW BERLIN-MARATHON lottery so a better than 50/50 chance for anyone entered. Not bad.

I reckon a lot of people entered a few times so it might be in fact alot less looking for a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Thought it would be a lot more actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

rom wrote: »

Odds are good so, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I reckon a lot of people entered a few times so it might be in fact alot less looking for a place.

I find this man guilty your honour!
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Hurry up with the ballot result emails already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

Hurry up with the ballot result emails already!!

Not till Friday ?

I would assume that pretty much everyone who applied would get in. This doesn't seem much different to how they normally do it with their 'pre-registration' maybe they just want to test it out for future years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Don't think I want a place now - the Brandenburg Gate can wait, I want to run down Nassau Street...

I would assume that pretty much everyone who applied would get in. This doesn't seem much different to how they normally do it with their 'pre-registration' maybe they just want to test it out for future years.

74,000 applications for 40,000 places.

Previously it was on a 1st come 1st served basis, most years it took 3 to 6 weeks to fill, with last year being the exception, it filled up quite quickly.

• Advertisement

happygoose wrote: »
    74,000 applications for 40,000 places.

Previously it was on a 1st come 1st served basis, most years it took 3 to 6 weeks to fill, with last year being the exception, it filled up quite quickly.

Yeah but how many of them did it a few times because it's now a 'lottery'? Huge bulk in numbers there I'd say.

Advertisement