Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 111lee7

ive tried my mums account details but was told it was invalid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

How good is coverage with emobile, if its with meteor then data is ropey at best of times where I am in galway city, anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

chris1970 wrote: »
    How good is coverage with emobile, if its with meteor then data is ropey at best of times where I am in galway city, anyone?

EMobile is just rebranded meteor.

The best thing for anyone to do is get a pay as you go sim and try out the voice and data coverage before committing to a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Eoin wrote: »
    chris1970 wrote: »

EMobile is just rebranded meteor.

The best thing for anyone to do is get a pay as you go sim and try out the voice and data coverage before committing to a contract.

Great idea. I think I have a Meteor sim lying around somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Is it true that if a call goes over an hour you are charged for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Who Knew?

Just signed up for this. Getting the One X as well. Great offer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I think eMobile can roam off Vodafone 3G in some parts where Meteor cannot. The eircom 3G network has crap coverage and the Vodafone one is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Signed up and orderd phone yesterday,being delivered today,far easier to do over the phone.
    Many thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

How long till people got their phones (ordered the one x) - or at least a tracking number?

Ordered mine Tuesday - was told initially it'd be delivered yesterday "at the latest" but would receive "an email within hours"
    Was then told today they had no way of knowing status of the order so "check back late next week. Wtf? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Anybody know if the voucher can be used in carphone warehouse? I'm still holding out hope for them allowing me use it in July :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 111lee7

Pj! wrote: »
    Is it true that if a call goes over an hour you are charged for it?

yes.. emobile and meteor do this, once it goes over the 59 mins you start to be charged, but u can just hang up an call again straight away and you will be fine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Any word on eMobile getting the Galaxy S3?

Wonder if that will be included in this deal when it launches?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

Anyone got a voucher code they can PM for use?Having no luck with account number or requesting discount directly through eMobile.Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I think eMobile can roam off Vodafone 3G in some parts where Meteor cannot. The eircom 3G network has crap coverage and the Vodafone one is much better.

I don't know if either of those things is still the case. Certainly I've found the eMobile/Meteor 3G access to be considerably quicker and wider spread than Vodafone's.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

dorgasm wrote: »
    Anybody know if the voucher can be used in carphone warehouse? I'm still holding out hope for them allowing me use it in July :P

No

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Got a voucher code from my folks for this.. Just noticed at the bottom of the flyer it says in the small print that the code can be used twice. Sweet! Gonna sign the missus up aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

unklerosco wrote: »
    Got a voucher code from my folks for this.. Just noticed at the bottom of the flyer it says in the small print that the code can be used twice. Sweet! Gonna sign the missus up aswell...

As per the above if anyone has a voucher they are only using the once I'd be very grateful if I could use it for the second time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Ordered yesterday lunchtime received today at 2pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

If anyone has a code they didn't use twice, would be very grateful if you sent it my way.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Avox wrote: »
    If anyone has a code they didn't use twice, would be very grateful if you sent it my way.. :D
    Same as that- very keen to do this- had no joy without it in emobile tallaght. Thanks in advance! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Eoin wrote: »
    I don't know if either of those things is still the case. Certainly I've found the eMobile/Meteor 3G access to be considerably quicker and wider spread than Vodafone's.

It existed as of January/February of this year anyway:
    http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Coverage/Meteor-national-roaming-agreement-with-Vodafone/td-p/24807

cookie1977 wrote: »

Does that mean that your connection is moved entirely to Vodafone (like being abroad), or if they automatically piggyback on Vodafone behind the scenes where they've no 3G coverage though?

As I said, I've found the eMobile 3G coverage to be better than Vodafone's so far, but I don't think I've been out of Leinster since switching over.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Ii would love to get away from o2, a spare voucher if available very much apprecitated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

do you need a voucher code or will using your eircom account number work?

BArra wrote: »
    do you need a voucher code or will using your eircom account number work?

The voucher code is ur eircom account number. Not all account numbers work tho, my folks have two eircom accounts and only one works..

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Hi guys, I am still waiting on my spare vouchers. I will let you all know how many I get in total. Whoever has already PM'd me will be first to get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am still waiting on my spare vouchers. I will let you all know how many I get in total. Whoever has already PM'd me will be first to get them!
    Thanks man appreciate it

...Also I would recommend anyone who is thinking of getting the Galaxy S3 to wait a few more days. It should be released within the next 2 weeks, and it will be available on this offer. I played with an S3 yesterday and I have to say -it's by far the best phone ive used in a long long time!

I'm waiting for the S3 anyway!

..as soon as I find out the pricing/ availability of the S3 I will let you guys know!:D

• Advertisement

Going into an emobile store is a waste of time, HTC one x is €249 in store or €189 online... Heck of a difference

Advertisement