Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE 2K15 Thread

Comments

According to Game Informer, WWE 2K15 will incorporate Visual Concepts' scanning technique currently used in the NBA 2K series, with superstars who look "leaps and bounds closer to their real-life counterparts".

While this is good and works for other games like NBA, this could greatly affect the Create a wrestler option, making the CAW look 3rd rate compared to that of somebody on the main roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

According to Game Informer, WWE 2K15 will incorporate Visual Concepts' scanning technique currently used in the NBA 2K series, with superstars who look "leaps and bounds closer to their real-life counterparts".

While this is good and works for other games like NBA, this could greatly affect the Create a wrestler option, making the CAW look 3rd rate compared to that of somebody on the main roster.

The CAW's always looked third rate, no matter how well you made them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sure in NBA 2k14 you had to create your own basketball player and go from there and that was good

The commentary in the 2K basketball games is great so hopefully more of the same from the 2K wrestling games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Some screens have appeared online.
    http://www.ringsidenews.com/mobile/photo/album/53354/wwe-2k15-screen-shots-revealed/

Genuinely hope these are from the ps3/xbox360 version of the game, because the models don't look great at all. So far, it's looking like more of the same...

The models look exactly the same as WWE 2k14, even so far as Daniel Bryan has short hair. I hope this is 2K trolling! The models are still totally out of proportion too, huge big upper bodies, with 6 packs rippling on everybody.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They have to be fakes they're just WWE 2k14 screens rehashed!!

Loughc wrote: »
    They have to be fakes they're just WWE 2k14 screens rehashed!!

Exactly what I'm thinking (*hoping)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Those are definitely 2k14 screens

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but they seem pretty legit. The cut-off point for most of these games in terms of current rostor tends to be Wrestlemania the year it was developed, with lenience given to costume changes and the sort in the few months before release. As I said before, this is a cross-gen game, it'll be the same as SD VS RAW 2007 (I think) when it was released on both consoles, same game except one looks prettier than the other. Easiest comparison is FIFA 14, same game, but the one on PS4/XBOX-ONE looks slightly prettier, yet it's still one of the highest selling this year of 360/PS3 and the highest selling game on both XBOX ONE/PS4

• Advertisement

I'm certain now that those are 2K14 screens.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?574886-WWE2K15-News-from-E3-(First-Roster-Update-Commentary

Seemingly, Game Informer broke news on Wednesday that 2K were gonna originally break yesterday at E3. But because of the leak, 2K instead decided to say nothing yesterday. And no screens, gameplay - nothing was released yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Come on, they're definitely screens from 2K14. The attires are the exact same and there is even screens from the 30 Years of wrestlemania mode in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k15-cover-john-cena-revealed-potential-15-world-title-mode.php
    The cover for WWE 2K15 has been revealed on Monday Night Raw.
    The superstar fronting the game will be the newly crowned WWE Champion John Cena, which is a smart choice when you consider Cena’s mainstream commercial appeal. The cover could also be an indication about the potential ‘story mode’ which will replace WWE 2K14′s ’30 Years Of WrestleMania’. Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio indicates that “it isn’t a coincidence” that Cena just won his 15th title and is fronting 2K15 – the idea is that the ’15′ number is significant. What we could possibly speculate is that 2K15 will feature a John Cena ’15 Championships’ mode in which players must battle through John’s storied career. That would be kind of cool and would certainly provide some fun scenarios for gamers.

Cena takes the cover from The Rock who was 2K14′s pictured star. There’s an obvious point to 2K and WWE’s thinking with these cover stars, lots of none wrestling fans buy the game, and they are more likely to know who Rock and Cena are. Someone like Bray Wyatt isn’t well known outside of WWE, John Cena in contrast has crossed over to general pop culture. Still, many WWE fans will see the Cena cover as disappointing, there is already some discord over the fact he has just won the WWE title yet again. As the old saying goes in the internet wrestling community, some fans have “Cena ’nuff”

Had high hopes for this game to really be something special, but the inclusion of this does not sound exciting in the slightest if this is one of main mode

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Hadn't thought of that. NBA 2k14 had a mode based on Lebron James' career so it's possible 2K Sports would want to do something similar with WWE. I was just expecting a "WWE Network" mode for all of the famous matches that did not fit in with the Attitude Era and 30 Years of Wrestlemania stuff from the previous two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PS4FORLOSERS

To be honest, I wouldnt fancy being John Cena and winning 15 WWE titles. that would bore me to death. On the other hand, Undertaker Streak mode anybody?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It's Showtime Folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

14w4npz.jpg

Actually looks like Sting to me too rather than the rumoured body doubles there was a casting call out for

Not just Sting - but 2 generations of Sting! Looks like Crow Sting and Current Sting to me though from that teaser - No Surfer Sting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I guess Sting gets Ultimate Warrior treatment. Used as a pre-order bonus for a WWE Game, goes into Hall of Fame and appears the night after WrestleMania on RAW.

mxph3 wrote: »
    I guess Sting gets Ultimate Warrior treatment. Used as a pre-order bonus for a WWE Game, goes into Hall of Fame and appears the night after WrestleMania on RAW.

Hope he doesn't go Full Warrior and give a cryptic spooky speech, and then snuff it!!!

65rcd1.jpg2hozif9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hope he doesn't go Full Warrior and give a cryptic spooky speech, and then snuff it!!!

Why would you even say that

Why would you even say that

Just because...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

PIC

Blade Runners and Gold/Stardust need to be tag teams in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Considering they have everybody they'd need and they're always looking for new hooks every year they should do a WWE vs. WCW themed game next year.

Imagine a WWE game where the entire career mode is based around what the Invasion angle should have been.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think a Monday Night Wars/Invasion would be a great type of season mode

They did it briefly in the 2012 game I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Paige and Rusev (Lana as a manager) will make it into the game as DLC.

Sony's list of game for it's Gamescom presentation was leaked yesterday. WWE2K15 was on the list, so it looks like we might be getting some game footage before Summerslam, albeit just a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Sony's list of game for it's Gamescom presentation was leaked yesterday. WWE2K15 was on the list, so it looks like we might be getting some game footage before Summerslam, albeit just a few days.
    woot! looking forward to this game quite a bit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Stuff I heard about the game has me pretty excited especially the models being done like NBA. No more monster faces.

BuDp0KTIQAI21Ru.jpg

:cool:

Few bits to gather from that

1. Ambrose's gear only changed two months ago and it's in and sorted.
    2. NXT Superstars maybe?
    3. Sami ****ing Zayn. Won't lump him in as generic NXT superstar inclusion, hes getting his own figure soon too. Hes a big deal.
    4. Adam Rose apparently being a base-game superstar. If they aren't relegating him to DLC, ANYONE could be feckin' DLC at this point.

I am actually excited, past few games have been ****e, same monotonous game for years.... Hopefully this one will be different and with a massive plethora of things to do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

rovert wrote: »
    BuDp0KTIQAI21Ru.jpg

:cool:

That's a fake!

That's a fake!

It came from someone every close to NXT and subsequently WWE talent. I'd be shocked and dare I say it betrayed if it was a fake. YEST ADAM ROSE is in the game, RollieFingers. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Goddammit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great to have such an updated roster. Slightly worried that the graphics and gameplay seem no different than any other year!

I doubt that's it, it doesn't make sense as graphics have not improved, they look the exact same.

Sirsok wrote: »
    I doubt that's it, it doesn't make sense as graphics have not improved, they look the exact same.

The game is out soon enough - October 28, 2014. If there was a new game engine we would have seen it by now.

The website mentions additions and improvements rather than an all new game engine too:
    http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/game-info/2k15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

which version is this? Last gen or current gen? it seems like xbox360 graphics

We'll know tomorrow anyway. Visual Concepts are on board this time, and they're the ones responsible for the amazing looking NBA 2K14 models.

Part of me thinks if it looked exactly the same, we would have had a gameplay trailer already like we do everywhere.

The other part is used to only expecting small improvements year by year.

Loughc wrote: »
    Great to have such an updated roster. Slightly worried that the graphics and gameplay seem no different than any other year!

That video is last years game. That's just a concept of how a Beat The Clock challenge may look.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    That video is last years game. That's just a concept of how a Beat The Clock challenge may look.

Phew! Thank god for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

rovert wrote: »
    The game is out soon enough - October 28, 2014. If there was a new game engine we would have seen it by now.

The website mentions additions and improvements rather than an all new game engine too:
    http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/game-info/2k15

Exactly, as I said earlier, as long as the game stays cross-gen it will be pretty much the same game with the same engine as it has been the last few years with mostly cosmetic changes, with the PS4/One versions just having better graphics.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they're going for PS4 and XBOX One over PS3 and 360, but the logos on the site say differently.

Lads.... 6JG8VoJ.jpg

Holy balls look at that!

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/wwe-2k15-story-career-modes-and-more-revealed-ign-first
    Last year, WWE 2K14 electrified with its sprawling campaign mode, 30 Years of Wrestlemania. 2K15 is looking to tell a more focused, up-close-and-personal story than the broad historic view offered in 2K14. 2K Showcase will be broken up into two episodes, each one focusing in tightly on an epic rivalry from the WWE’s past. Think of them as mini-documentaries of a sort. Could it be Rock vs Austin? Undertaker vs Kane? 2K hasn't spilled the beans just yet, but rest assured we'll be the first to know, and when we do, so will you. If the excellent 30 Years of Wrestlemania was any indication, though, the authenticity of the presentation will make these rivalries a treat to play through.

In addition to reliving these golden WWE memories, you'll finally have a true, discreet career mode for your created wrestlers in MyCareer. This mode has been lifted from NBA 2K14 and adapted to the WWE environment. While I didn't think the mode had the right synergy with the NBA, the WWE seems like a logical place to apply it. Imagine replacing all those cheese-ball, amateur hour characters and cutscenes with authentically voiced and mo-capped WWE Superstars. You get the picture. Exact details of the mode are still forthcoming, but we do know that it will be on the current-gen version only. Sorry, 360/PS3 stalwarts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement