Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

cronin_j wrote: »
    You wont get this movie then! The guy tries to blow up the universe because he knows he is only a comic book character.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2y2RGN/12WBilV3N:ApNW9SV_/imgur.com/a/h5uik
    Spoiler alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There was another joke about being in a red suit - so the bad guys don't notice him bleeding.

The same line was used in the test footage but the delivery was much better, seemed forced in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

I can't wait to see this, I'm stupidly excited for it. I do have a bit of a soft spot for Ryan Reynolds though, he cracks me up, but even the other half said it looked good and he doesn't usually like/get these kind of films at all.

Thought the song playing in the trailer worked really well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Spoiler alert.

Ah now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

There was another joke about being in a red suit - so the bad guys don't notice him bleeding.

True my bad!
    The triple headshot was brilliantly done as well!
    Are people dissing this because they don't like Ryan Reynolds?
    I like him, I thought he was great in X-Men Origens until they removed his mouth and thought he was good in Blade Trinity as the wise cracking side kick.
    One commentator on Twitter "Deadpool, for people who thought Entourage needed a superhero" which I think is unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One commentator on Twitter "Deadpool, for people who thought Entourage needed a superhero" which I think is unfair.

As bad as Twitter comments normally are, that's just beyond stupid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watched only the red-band trailer and not sold at all; just can't get into it. You don't watch 6 seasons (and a movie?) of Community and not come to appreciate the brilliance of meta-humour, but this just feels too forced, too much like the punchline being the whole joke. It also feels like a feature length version of Ryan Reynold's character from Blade 3, and while I kinda enjoyed his turn there, not sure I could survive a whole move of that. Feels like this might be a marmite film, and dependent on how annoying / hilarious you find Deadpool's schtick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I do think the trailer is fairly poor when it comes to the jokes but fans can be assured by other evidence, even the teaser from the day before was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

pixelburp wrote: »
    Watched only the red-band trailer and not sold at all; just can't get into it. You don't watch 6 seasons (and a movie?) of Community and not come to appreciate the brilliance of meta-humour, but this just feels too forced, too much like the punchline being the whole joke. It also feels like a feature length version of Ryan Reynold's character from Blade 3, and while I kinda enjoyed his turn there, not sure I could survive a whole move of that. Feels like this might be a marmite film, and dependent on how annoying / hilarious you find Deadpool's schtick.

I have to get round to watching season 6 of community. Harmontown hasn't done much for my expectations there. Back on topic. Has Reynolds actually ever had a hit outside small comedies? He seems box office poison otherwise. Again, I don't mind the guy but his "sure aren't I hilarious" persona really seems turn an awful lot off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I have to get round to watching season 6 of community. Harmontown hasn't done much for my expectations there. Back on topic. Has Reynolds actually ever had a hit outside small comedies? He seems box office poison otherwise. Again, I don't mind the guy but his "sure aren't I hilarious" persona really seems turn an awful lot off.

:( I always liked the guy

My two favourite films of his are Smokin Aces and Buried. I agree that he works with some big names but never has a big hit in the box office (I could be wrong here).

I think the general criticisms and doubts on the film are mostly people who aren't Deadpool fans. I think most Deadpool fans are delighted Reynolds is playing him (Reynolds himself is such a big fan and was pushing for it to be made and the way they wanted) and also just happy a film is being made at all!

I honestly can't wait for it! It's going to be completely ridiculous with over the top action and jokes and I will love every second :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Reynolds is really good in The Voices which came out recently, trailers make it out to be much more of a comedy than it actually is.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Reynolds is really good in The Voices which came out recently, trailers make it out to be much more of a comedy than it actually is.

Saw a trailer and have been meaning to watch it! Might have a look tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Adamocovic wrote: »
    :( I always liked the guy

My two favourite films of his are Smokin Aces and Buried. I agree that he works with some big names but never has a big hit in the box office (I could be wrong here).

I think the general criticisms and doubts on the film are mostly people who aren't Deadpool fans.

Well obviously the fans of any property are more likely to profess instant love for an adaptation; that's kinda the point of fans, dictionary definition n' all that :p but the reality is most of the audience will likely be either non-fans or, at best, people like myself who like comics but not necessarily have encyclopaedic knowledge or bottomless fanaticism for Marvel / DC properties (though always more of a 2000AD man myself :D)

It's nice Reynolds is a big fan himself and if nothing else will guarantee those behind Deadpool will care about the final product (compared with more obviously cynical films like The Amazing Spider-man, a production that existed purely to keep copyright in the hands of Sony), but it feels like it'll be a very divisive movie. You'll either love it or hate it.

Season 6 isn't great; there are some good moments but generally it felt like the few remaining cast members were just kicking about, passing the time.

The thing about Reynolds is he's pretty much being typecast as the goofy, charming guy. He actually went against this with Buried, which he was fantastic in.

It takes a real skill to be in what really is nothing but a small box, with only a few scenes outside of it, and to be on screen for essentially the whole movie.

I'd love to see him in more serious roles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well obviously the fans of any property are more likely to profess instant love for an adaptation; that's kinda the point of fans, dictionary definition n' all that :p but the reality is most of the audience will likely be either non-fans or, at best, people like myself who like comics but not necessarily have encyclopaedic knowledge or bottomless fanaticism for Marvel / DC properties (though always more of a 2000AD man myself :D)

It's nice Reynolds is a big fan himself and if nothing else will guarantee those behind Deadpool will care about the final product (compared with more obviously cynical films like The Amazing Spider-man, a production that existed purely to keep copyright in the hands of Sony), but it feels like it'll be a very divisive movie. You'll either love it or hate it.

Season 6 isn't great; there are some good moments but generally it felt like the few remaining cast members were just kicking about, passing the time.

I think it'll be divisive in that those who dont like it probably didnt understand what exactly they were getting into by deciding to watch Deadpool. Those casuals who expect a generic Avengers style movie will probably be awful confused when Deadpool breaks the 4th wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

I think it'll be divisive in that those who dont like it probably didnt understand what exactly they were getting into by deciding to watch Deadpool. Those casuals who expect a generic Avengers style movie will probably be awful confused when Deadpool breaks the 4th wall.

Whats the budget for this movie? Id hate for this to be another Dredd in that it was absolutely brilliant but didnt get the box office to make a sequel!

cronin_j wrote: »
    Whats the budget for this movie? Id hate for this to be another Dredd in that it was absolutely brilliant but didnt get the box office to make a sequel!

Think a compromise of making it was a lower budget than most superhero films. Reynolds mentioned before about a small budget giving them more freedom.

I think it will be similar to the budget of Dredd, so something like 40-60 million dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2015/08/rumor-fox-may-already-be-considering.html

Even before tomorrow's L.A. arrival, one source messaged The Daily SuperHero saying how there is already some rumor buzz regarding the date Fox had originally set for FANTASTIC FOUR 2 on June 9, 2017. The insider says due to Fox's less-than-stellar weekend box office estimates for the reboot it's become a topic of discussion pretty quickly behind studio doors. A discussion rumored to be taking place is the consideration of removing FANTASTIC FOUR 2 from its June 9, 2017 release date and eventually plugging DEADPOOL 2 into that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

removing FANTASTIC FOUR 2 from its June 9, 2017 release date and eventually plugging DEADPOOL 2 into that spot.[/I]

That seems crazy, what if Deadpool is as poorly received and performs as badly?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    That seems crazy, what if Deadpool is as poorly received and performs as badly?

Then they cancel that too, it's fairly standard practice to schedule things this way when it comes to blockbuster sequels these days from what I can see. I doubt it costs them much, if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Then they cancel that too, it's fairly standard practice to schedule things this way when it comes to blockbuster sequels these days from what I can see. I doubt it costs them much, if anything.

Yeah. Look at when Warner Bros intentionally scheduled Batman V Superman for the same weekend Marvel had already earmarked for one of their films (before announcing it was Captain America: Civil War). I think once they announced what it was and that they weren't moving, Warner Bros backed down and brought the release of BvS forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

I think sometimes they can have scripts written and casts locked down. I've heard of actors and screenwriters being paid for movies that never happened.

ps3lover wrote: »
    I think sometimes they can have scripts written and casts locked down. I've heard of actors and screenwriters being paid for movies that never happened.

Multi picture contracts are standard practice too when it comes to franchises like these, there's always the risk they'll flop but it's riskier not to tie people down in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Multi picture contracts are standard practice too when it comes to franchises like these, there's always the risk they'll flop but it's riskier not to tie people down in the first place.

I remember reading The Mortal Instraments had begun casting big name actors in the sequel and where ready to rock n roll with it until the first movie bombed.

ps3lover wrote: »

Yeah that's true. I think for most contracts they receive a certain amount to be attached or for the script (if its the writer) then if the film is made they receive extra. So no guarantee a film will be made just because script and cast is locked down and paid.

Could be wrong but that's my basic understanding

• Registered Users Posts: 60,352 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will Hugh Jackman make a Wolverine cameo to keep up his appearance in all things in the X-Men Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

International poster for the film

12308029_930660103694663_2822247193204046118_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even newer poster, 12 days of Deadpool launched, concluding with a new trailer both regular & red band on Christmas morning.

new-deadpool-poster-162742.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

IMAX poster
    4965410-wham_digi_illustration_w3.0_b3.3+final.jpg

Advertisement