Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of fun, though a bit more straight forward action movie than I would have expected. Hope there's a lot of 4th wall breaking and what not that they're leaving out of the trailer.

I imagine there will be a lot of 4th wall breaking, I can't wait for Stan Lees cameo :pac::pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I imagine there will be a lot of 4th wall breaking, I can't wait for Stan Lees cameo :pac::pac:

I'm hoping he tells him to **** off out of his movie and it's not funny any more or something :)

You know what I like? Wasn't the whole scene with him jumping into the car originally a proof of concept? I like that it's still kept there.

Any silicon valley fans too will be happy to see TJ Miller is in the film, think the biggest laugh I got from the trailer was him describing what Wilson looked like without the mask :pac:

"You look like an avocado had sex with an older avocado"

couldn't control my laughter, his delivery is great and knowing he's in it has made me even more excited about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ha ha looks brilliant love the comment from Reynolds when he is strapped to the gurney not to make the suit green or animated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

very much the same as the leaked trailer from comic con except it doesn't introduce Negasonic Teenage Warhead

I liked the Negasonic Teenage what the **** bit ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I liked the Negasonic Teenage what the **** bit ha

Same, thought it was the best bit of the leaked trailer. Wonder why they left that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Your mileage may vary on your Reynolds tolerance. I don't mind the guy, but I can see how this'll grate hugely on some. I don't understand all the adulation for the trailer, but then again that feedback is mainly coming from a fan base. Still, I like the drawing bit.

Someone explain to me how the "posh spice" and "less angry Rosie O'Donnell" quips make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Your mileage may vary on your Reynolds tolerance. I don't mind the guy, but I can see how this'll grate hugely on some. I don't understand all the adulation for the trailer, but then again that feedback is mainly coming from a fan base. Still, I like the drawing bit.

Someone explain to me how the "posh spice" and "less angry Rosie O'Donnell" quips make any sense.

She looked like Rosie O'Donnell, who's always angry or cross in her movies... How does that not make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even though it's still 7 months away, i'm am stupidly excited for the film :D

• Advertisement

Pretty interesting how they dealt with the 'disfigured' face thing. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, Hollywood has a thing for making sure the actors wear a mask as little as possible. I suppose if you're paying millions for a recognisable face then you want it on screen as much as possible... So i wondered how they'd deal with the fact that even when he's 'unmasked' he still would be masked for the majority of the movie... but the scarring is quite light, and his facial features still quite recognisable.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Even though it's still 7 months away, i'm am stupidly excited for the film :D

It's only 7 months away? For some reason I thought it was a year away! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

.ak wrote: »
    It's only 7 months away? For some reason I thought it was a year away! :D

Yup just 7 months away, Maybe your thinking of Suicide Squad, seeing as this day next year it arrives in cinemas, a mere 5 months after Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice...

2016 is going to be a brilliant year for comic book/superhero films :D

She looked like Rosie O'Donnell, who's always angry or cross in her movies... How does that not make sense?

Need a screen cap for that because she looked like a thin enough woman. Also way too young. And nothing like her. And the spice girl comment? Talk about being current with the put downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,242 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Need a screen cap for that because she looked like a thin enough woman. Also way too young. And nothing like her. And the spice girl comment? Talk about being current with the put downs.

Might make more sense in the movie, when these people have actually spoken and interacted. You know, context.

Might make more sense in the movie, when these people have actually spoken and interacted. You know, context.

Maybe. But if that's what they're picking it should work in the trailer, or why put it in. Because it doesn't. At all.

Is the girl that punches him not the one that looks like Rosie O'Donnell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Yup.....the joke works in the trailer anyways. It might not be funny but I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The guy has a British accent, no? I'd say that's where "posh spice" comes from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

If people are going to be trying to hyper analyse Deadpool they are in for a bad time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Looking pretty good but I do think it needs more OTT banter and wisecracks, such as the "pool of death" and "fine corinthian leather" that the proof of concept video had.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think Reynolds is a good fit to play Deadpool but a lot of the jokes missed the target in the trailer. That 'wondering why im wearing the red suit' one especially. Hard to tell everything from a trailer of course, will hopefully have lot of better stuff in the final film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Not familiar with the comics at all but I thought the trailer looks awful.

Guardians of the Galaxy style stuff with added cuss words and cgi blood, no thanks.

Victoria Beckham is huge in the states and the target market is 18+. Why does it need to be super current?

Guardians of the Galaxy style stuff with added cuss words and cgi blood, no thanks.

Doesn't sound like this will be your cup of tea so but I can't wait for it.

As for the Guardians of the Galaxy comment.........how dare you!:pac:

Shut_up_and_take_my_money.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

You wont get this movie then! The guy tries to blow up the universe because he knows he is only a comic book character.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2y2RGN/12WBilV3N:ApNW9SV_/imgur.com/a/h5uik

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Don't think there's much to 'get' to be honest, that trailer isn't exactly lacking in subtlety :pac: I think it looks like total junk too, but I'm fairly confident Im making that assessment based on a reasonable understanding of what it's trying to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Corholio wrote: »
    I think Reynolds is a good fit to play Deadpool but a lot of the jokes missed the target in the trailer. That 'wondering why im wearing the red suit' one especially. Hard to tell everything from a trailer of course, will hopefully have lot of better stuff in the final film.

It's Green animated suit! And it's a dig at the Crappy Green Lantern movie that Reynolds was in!
    I've never even seen a Deadpool comic but I think this looks brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,242 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's Green animated suit! And it's a dig at the Crappy Green Lantern movie that Reynolds was in!
    I've never even seen a Deadpool comic but I think this looks brilliant!

There was another joke about being in a red suit - so the bad guys don't notice him bleeding.

Advertisement