Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

<nerdgasm>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think I'll just play with my old Shepard, emotional attachment and all that jazz. Assignments and projects mean I'd only barely scratch the surface of ME1 this week.
    The Assignments in ME1 are a grind at some point it becomes a 9-5 job. You can't do them all if you have projects due next week in hopes to have a Shepard for Friday
    I love mass effect but I have a pain in my stomach thinking about ME1. I have nothing to do next week might do a bitch Shepard run

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Evil Elevators and Evil Elevator Music in ME1, thats the only reason i wont replay it. Sad i know :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Evil Elevators and Evil Elevator Music in ME1, thats the only reason i wont replay it. Sad i know :)
    Jester252 wrote: »
    The Assignments in ME1 are a grind at some point it becomes a 9-5 job. You can't do them all if you have projects due next week in hopes to have a Shepard for Friday
    I love mass effect but I have a pain in my stomach thinking about ME1. I have nothing to do next week might do a bitch Shepard run

Ah I quite liked ME1 tbh! Well, except for the planetary exploration parts which were dire and just same-same-same stuff over and over.

I had wanted to play Arrival DLC for ME2 before the release, but I can't go on XBL with the account where my saves are, so I'd have to play it all again. Think I'll just do ME3 with my Shepard (he's paragon, but not totally paragon, they were actually the decisions I would make) and finish off the series like it was meant to be. Then in the summer when I've free time I'll definitely go back and do a few more playthroughs of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Two Steps From Hell doing the music for the trailer again, they are so Epic !!
    They did the music for the second one aswell, and if you check some of their stuff out you'll notice that in the last year-2 everyone has been using their stuff,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Just got my dispatch email from Shopto, ****ing love those guys. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gizmo wrote: »
    Just got my dispatch email from Shopto, ****ing love those guys. :D

Aw man, did they say when you should be getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man, did they say when you should be getting it?
    First Class Royal Mail so given the time of the dispatch mail, I'm guessing Tuesday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That launch trailer is making me reconsider holding off for the GOTY version next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Started my ME2 playthrough tonight, a long way to go to get it done by next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

noodler wrote: »
    That launch trailer is making me reconsider holding off for the GOTY version next year.
    im absolutely broke so ill be holding out for the inevitable price drop in first two weeks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

gizmo wrote: »
    First Class Royal Mail so given the time of the dispatch mail, I'm guessing Tuesday. :)
    They have cheaper delivery to Australia than Ireland, what the hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Robi Wan

I live in hope they are standing up to ea and their suggested price range.
    Or else theyre dead.
    Either way i'm buying mine cheapest in hmv
    Sadly the days of cheap launch days are possibly over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just so you know, (pc & origin)
    the official release date for us is 9th march at 00:00
    So thursday midnight! - yey!

I traded in my copy of Skyrim as a deposit towards ME3 in Game.Stop. Got €28 for it, plus a pre-order bonus of €7, so €35 for a trade-in of a game that was released in November isn't too bad.

Midnight release? Damnit, the shop I ordered from is in a shopping centre and can't have those. Pity, they can be quite fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I had wanted to play Arrival DLC for ME2 before the release

I'm going to take this as an excuse to vent and give you a friendly warning: Arrival is excrutiatingly terrible and I wish I hadn't played it.

I recently finished a replay of ME1 and ME2 in preparation for ME3 and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, probably more than the first time around as I paid much more attention to the fact that stuff is continuous between the games, and ME2's story is more fun when it's not punching you in the face with random shock punishments. So, I decided to play Arrival as a nice final episode before ME3.

***Arrival DLC Spoilers from here on in***

In a nutshell: Solo mission, linear corridors filled with repetitive enemies, one new (really boring) character with embarassingly bad voice acting, non-sensical story that adds nothing to the end of ME2 or the start of ME3, really badly written dialogue, a plot twist that make so little sense I actually just threw my hands up in the air and said "what?" out loud, forced capture (yes, Shepard ends up in a cell), escape for no reason (apparently they sedated you, but then you wake up anyway for no reason, and they're like "oh no the sedatives failed to work for some reason or something...").

Loads of cheap-ass stuff thrown in stupidly too, like a mysterious computer voice that seems to behave like an AI but is never mentioned and doesn't talk or behave like a VI (and considering the lengths they've gone to in the past to distinguish, say, Legion or EDI from Avina, is dumb). Also a hologram of Harbinger appears in the sky with no apparent source or purpose other than to exchange some incredibly pointless and awkward dialogue with Shepard. Oh, and you automatically choose to kill hundreds of thousands of people to finish the mission without any input from the player at all.

I just...I could complain about this piece of crap all day, I finished it literally twenty minutes ago - it's like a small Chinese software company inherited the Mass Effect intellectual property and then tried to make their own mission based on what they had. Before I played this I was really satisfied with the powerful and stylishly told ending in Mass Effect 2, now I'm just pissed. I have no idea what they were thinking with this.

Arrival will have a big part in me 3 im guessing, as a certain race arent too happy with you. Im glad I played arrival, just not glad I paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

that certain race are knobs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I just watched a video of all the cutscenes from Arrival on Youtube, kinda glad as looks like its not worth the cash. It is an odd thing, since a LOT of the start of ME3 is structured round it
    the fact Shepard has been stripped of rank is going to the Earth council as some form of disciplinary hearing at the start of ME3, or so I gathered
    and then be a DLC so not everyone will know the details of it if they crop up in ME3.

Though same could be said of Lair of the Shadow Broker
    will Liaras new position as SB ever come up, and if it does will those who didnt play it go "When did THAT happen???"

• Advertisement

I hope I am not spoiling anything by mentioning something in the trailer

But "go out and build allianced?" - it just seems like the game is pretty much up for earth in the demo and that theres not really time to feck off back out into the galaxy and resort to diplomacy!

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    the fact Shepard has been stripped of rank is going to the Earth council as some form of disciplinary hearing at the start of ME3, or so I gathered

I'm choosing to believe that
    you're in trouble because of all that stuff you did working for an illegal terrorist organisation in ME2. From what I saw in the demo I don't think it really matters very much anyway
    Though same could be said of Lair of the Shadow Broker
    will Liaras new position as SB ever come up, and if it does will those who didnt play it go "When did THAT happen???"

They could just make it so that
    Liara is not the Shadow Broker if you didn't get the DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I traded in my copy of Skyrim as a deposit towards ME3 in Game.Stop. Got €28 for it, plus a pre-order bonus of €7, so €35 for a trade-in of a game that was released in November isn't too bad.

Might do that, have two copies of that game so may as well trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

It's a pity, I've been going to Game for almost 20 years. Sure sometimes the staff ain't great but they're just the part timers like you'd find in any Centra or Londis but the career-ey type people were always bang on who new their stuff and I've had great conversations with them.

Brick and mortar shops can't compete with online shops - who are still overpriced for what they provide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just completed my playthrough tonight, and remembered how good and bad it is at times. The final mission is excellent, until the
    giant baby terminator fight
    . Totally not fitting with the rest of the game, and completely un-needed. Always enjoy telling the Illusive Man to bugger off though :P

Then i started Arrival. Unfortunately, it's completely freezing at the same point every time, and i'm unable to complete it. Tried pretty much everything bar a re-install (whicgh i'm not doint). Really ****ing annoying, even if it is a **** DLC. I bought it because i wanted to have a fully complete save for the finale.
    Zillah wrote: »
    They could just make it so that
    Liara is not the Shadow Broker if you didn't get the DLC

Or that she did it without you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Spoiler tags for mass effect 2 ending lads? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Robi Wan wrote: »
    I live in hope they are standing up to ea and their suggested price range.
    Or else theyre dead.
    Either way i'm buying mine cheapest in hmv
    Sadly the days of cheap launch days are possibly over.

Unfortunately not. they lost their credit insurance so EA and ubisoft wanted payment in advance for their games. Game couldn't afford it so they cant stock

EA's set RRP had nothing to do with it Game almost always sold at the publishers RRP and in a lot of cases more HMV are almost always cheaper at launch aswell

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Spoiler tags for mass effect 2 ending lads? :rolleyes:

I think, given its a Mass Effect 3 thread, that readers should have little common sense that the end of ME2 is going to come up.

Up to the mods of course.

You'd be pretty bloody stupid to be reading a Mass Effect 3 thread if you hadn't played Mass Effect 2 yet.

• Advertisement

This pic from the launch trailer looks so evil, class!

Advertisement