Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Son Of General Retro Discussion

• 19-08-2011 5:52pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And here it is, the sequel to the entirely too successful General Retro Discussion!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Dammit I tried to get the last reply in the General Discusson thread:(

Booourns:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sad day

General retro has died,Long live General Retro

So long and Thanks for all the Fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Does this new General Retro Discussion II thread come with 25% more generalness than the next leading general retro discussion thread?

I am just after taking a trip around Boards and i dont see any other big threads locked
    Except for Lets count to a million which is locked after every 100k posts

Oh and on a Video Game matter why is there no Jap release date for Zelda Skyward Sword I know we are getting it on Nov 18th

I thought the Happy Clappy Jappy Chappys got priority

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What happens when son of retro discussion has a son, and that in turn has a daughter?

****s going to get real people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Bagsy on not changing it's nappies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

NEW TREEEEEEEEEEEAAAD!!!!!!!!!!:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How's this for Meta-Retro, I was listening to some 80's music, I ran so far away by A Flock of Seagulls, and instead of getting all nostalgic for the 80's I felt pangs of nostalgia for GTA Vice City!

What's going on here!
    Anyone else get a similar vibe off of any pop music in games?

I guess its akin to the Blue Danube waltz meaning space stations and moonbases instead of dancing at a ball in Vienna!

pdbhp wrote: »
    Dammit I tried to get the last reply in the General Discusson thread:(

Booourns:pac:

i gotz it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How's this for Meta-Retro, I was listening to some 80's music, I ran so far away by A Flock of Seagulls, and instead of getting all nostalgic for the 80's I felt pangs of nostalgia for GTA Vice City!

What's going on here!
    Anyone else get a similar vibe off of any pop music in games?

I guess its akin to the Blue Danube waltz meaning space stations and moonbases instead of dancing at a ball in Vienna!

Had an odd GTA:vice city experience once while driving where I was stuck behind two people on a old scramble bike and "owner of a lonely heart" came on the radio.Just a really odd sense of deja vu .I didnt get out of the car , club them off the bike and drive off while pulling a wheelie though in case your wondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

still only one page?

Going to visit few Car Boot sales over the weekend. Hoping to find something gooood.

docentore wrote: »
    still only one page?

Going to visit few Car Boot sales over the weekend. Hoping to find something gooood.

I hope you find a few jems. I never seem to find anything anywhere...:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Had one good week at car boots, got an atari 2600 with 11 games and a boxed barcode battler for 20quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

What happens when son of retro discussion has a son, and that in turn has a daughter?

****s going to get real people.

Retro Discussion III: Generations of Doom.

hgttg.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just so you know where I stand, I am definitely getting Don't Panic in big, friendly letters across my shoulders for my 40th next year!
    We could make the party a Beers!
    Although that may alienate most of my family, bar my nephew, son and Kerbdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Saw Shonen Knife play live this evening Whelan's... They rocked so HARD!

I spent hours afterward drinking with 2 people from boards.... they recognised me... I had no idea who they were... and quickly got to the point where I wasn't able to ask anymore... Don't think it was any of you lot anyway... haha...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

DinoRex wrote: »
    Saw Shonen Knife play live this evening Whelan's... They rocked so HARD!

I spent hours afterward drinking with 2 people from boards.... they recognised me... I had no idea who they were... and quickly got to the point where I wasn't able to ask anymore... Don't think it was any of you lot anyway... haha...

damn , only saw they were playing yesterday afternoon , sadly these days any kind of night out for me has to be planned weeks in a advance :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Aw, I liked the old thread :(

Met some bloke selling dodgy van gough's at Stephens Green yesterday.

• Advertisement

I only found out about the Shonen Knife gig in the Metro yesterday. Gutted I missed them, been a fan of them and the Frank Chickens for years.

Oh and not forgetting the incredible Guitar Wolf! Check out their movie Wild Zero, it's spectacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

nothing interesting in Merchant's Yard car boot sale. Few PSX's, one PS2, no interesting games. Didn't even bother to ask for price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,000 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Set myself up with a Hong Kong PSN account the other day. Apart from actually being able to navigate the store because it's in English (unlike the maze that is the Japanese one) I was surprised to discover that games on there are nearly if not more than half the price as the JPN ones. And, oddly, most of the games are JPN editions because they couldn't be arsed localising them. So alot of PS1 games are just under three euro, whereas they're six on the Japanese one. Darius Burst is going for around 25 euro, couldn't find the ****ing thing on the Japanese one :P Good place to hook yourself up with some obscurities then!

Also, watched this last night. Might be of interest to you Japanese punk fans:

Fish Story looks great, thanks for that! :)

In return I suggest you track this down and view ASAP! I have the DVD which comes complete with a drinking game. Great stuff!

Guitar Wolf. One of the best bands ever to record music. Ever. :)

wow, 25 posts in and its already off topic:D

Well then, everything is as it should be...
    Playing Zelda Link to the Past, anyone know an effective way to deal with the worm boss in the Mountains Palace? He's a pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Aw, I liked the old thread :(

Met some bloke selling dodgy van gough's at Stephens Green yesterday.

LOL it's taken me over an hour to get that one.:P
    Must have drunk too much last night.!

Got some gaming done today as I've been neglecting my games this last 2 months. Gonna play some ninja based games like Tenchu as I have a hankering for being a sneaky git!!

Well then, everything is as it should be...
    Playing Zelda Link to the Past, anyone know an effective way to deal with the worm boss in the Mountains Palace? He's a pig!

Firstly Dont fall or else you have to restart also use the hole in the middle as a barrier to stop him bumping you off

Then slash the crap out of his tail

He's a complete louser!
    Going to wait til I get home, or find a Gameboy Player at last and play it on the big screen. Might be easier.
    I have the Snes original too, is that boss any easier there?

• Advertisement

He's a complete louser!
    Going to wait til I get home, or find a Gameboy Player at last and play it on the big screen. Might be easier.
    I have the Snes original too, is that boss any easier there?

Im trying to find a save file to vid a walkthrough

Pain in the jacksie:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement