Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,500 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Woops!!!!!

Picks made PM about to be sent:):cool:

Damn you Walt was hoping to get Teddy Snr :( anyways Punk, Roberts, Hansen and Teddy Snr WECWF is shaping up nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Damn you Walt was hoping to get Teddy Snr :( anyways Punk, Roberts, Hansen and Teddy Snr WECWF is shaping up nicely

Maybe we can do a trade for Pillman at some stage:cool::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

even though Pillman would fit the WECWF better that would be a great value trade imo
    4th :D (trying to read Voltwad's mind)

glad that happened before it was too late
    Seeing as we're on pick 19 now and BH is no-where to be seen, I'll make the draw for the next round there:)

thanks bro.

11th - cant complain really though I have someone in mind I wouldnt expect to last till then but tbh think he would fit some of the rosters that pick after me moreso so im hopefull. Good work on getting so many picks yesterday lads hope we can keep the momentum up during the week.

Some really impressive rosters atm! its said every year but again this will be as hard as ever to pick a winner cos of the really high standard this year, very few picks slipping through the cracks even though some are going a bit later cos they are perhaps harder to book or less of a perfect roster fit this time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going to take a risk here. With Vader gone, the ideas I've had accross the board have been reset, so have to completly rebuild. Making a choice now in the hopes in pays off as the rounds go on...cause if it doesn't, I'm in trouble :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Going to take a risk here. With Vader gone, the ideas I've had accross the board have been reset, so have to completly rebuild. Making a choice now in the hopes in pays off as the rounds go on...cause if it doesn't, I'm in trouble :P

didnt expect big daddy cool in this round but I do think he's a good pick as personally id see him as a good person to write for and someone you could work into an interesting feud with many people... wether the match would be so good with Nash in it i dunno but atleast you get him in his prime if you wish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Some interesting possibilities in your roster TSC!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

To be honest, if you'd told me my roster was going to consist of Flair, Umaga, Lesnar and Nash a few weeks back, I'd have laughed. It's not a roster I would have initially chosen but it's a case of based on who was available at each round, I've picked who I think I can write for.

I looked back at when Nash has gone in previous years, and it's a mixed bag; he's gone early twice and he's gone late twice. I was going to leave Vader till next round, thinking he'd be safe, but obviously he wasn't. So I'm not taking the risk on Nash not being available, and having to change all my stories again.

That said, I know the story I want to run now, but I need some more people. So now it's fingers crossed they don't go too quickly either :P Any word on if round 5 will be a stip round? Wondering if I'll get to choose the next person on my list next round of if the tension will build up for a few more weeks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

ah damn, Big Van Vader is gone :/ How many of us were hoping he'd still be available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm not holding my breath, but I was sure TSC would pick who I have in mind for Austin (TBH Alberto is his back up at the moment), which gives me a little bit of hope, but I just know someone will draft him and a tag partner of his

didnt expect big daddy cool in this round but I do think he's a good pick as personally id see him as a good person to write for and someone you could work into an interesting feud with many people... wether the match would be so good with Nash in it i dunno but atleast you get him in his prime if you wish

Yeah he's one of these guys a lot of people don't really like as he's not the best in the ring but he's had a great career and there are lots of room storylines with the Kliq, the NWO, etc. So well deserving of a 4th round pick. There is another guy with a similiar career I would have expected to go before him though.

• Advertisement

I'd be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I'd be interested
    My Vice President of Talent Relations will be on to you in the coming weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You roster looks incredibly solid no walter. DiBiase/Hansen is a great value pick. Picked them the last two years and found DiBiase a really easy classic heel to book.

Jake vs Punk looks a natural feud as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

will post my pick up shortly, ended up choosing my original option for this round to complete a match (not sure if main event), rather than going for a very big name still out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Think that is th 1st time Aries has been picked by himself, nice choice though

will post my pick up shortly, ended up choosing my original option for this round to complete a match (not sure if main event), rather than going for a very big name still out there

Aries is a great pick was hoping he'd last until next round

Aries is a great pick was hoping he'd last until next round

Same, but I was going to take him as a tag team.

Think you're right, never seen him drafted by himself in the past. Still that's one pick closer to getting my main events which will actually give me a fighting chance this year :D

I don't know enough about Roderick Strong to use Aries in a tag team (I'm assuming that's who he was tagged with before)

I don't know enough about Roderick Strong to use Aries in a tag team (I'm assuming that's who he was tagged with before)

At the start of the draft I was hoping to take him with Daniel Bryan before I realised Dragon won the title :p

Interesting this year to see so manny guys that are usually picked as a team being drafted by themselves, creates alot of freshness to the rosters if anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I had Aries and Strong last year, really enjoyed using them!

Pick made and sending a PM to Spongey now.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    I had Aries and Strong last year, really enjoyed using them!

Pick made and sending a PM to Spongey now.
    Each pick is making my heart race, I'm getting closer to my main event! Don't do it Spongey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Each pick is making my heart race, I'm getting closer to my main event! Don't do it Spongey!

if i get mine down at pick 14, i'll be as shocked as I've ever been.

i'm actually willing some to take my pick, just so no expectation enters my system at all.

I only have 2 people in mind and if they are taken then well basically im screwed

Nice pick Goldberg vs Kane would be epic ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sorry Spongey I sent a mail to the user 'Spongey' and not you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Voltwad wrote: »
    Sorry Spongey I sent a mail to the user 'Spongey' and not you :pac:

Whoever that is will be wondering what the hell the PW draft is lol. PM sent to punk (hope its the right one :D)

SlickRic wrote: »

if i get mine down at pick 14, i'll be as shocked as I've ever been.

i'm actually willing some to take my pick, just so no expectation enters my system at all.
    I'm preparing for someone between D2D an yourself to take my pick, if he makes it past ye I'd be stunned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm preparing for someone between D2D an yourself to take my pick, if he makes it past ye I'd be stunned!

i expect mine to go well before. i've resigned myself to it.

still plenty out there though, plus more stip rounds to come. happy with how my roster is shaping up either way, so can't complain really!

campo wrote: »
    Nice pick Goldberg vs Kane would be epic ,

pity his first pick was as a tag team, Goldberg against The Barrett Barrage could have been awesome

• Advertisement

pity his first pick was as a tag team, Goldberg against The Barrett Barrage could have been awesome

He dont have to use them as tag team though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

It could still happen, i'm not obliged to use a tag team i draft as a tag team

He dont have to use them as tag team though

really, I thought I read someone else saying that you had to use them as a tag team.
    doesnt matter anyway, made no real difference to may picks

Show Vs Andre :eek:

Show Vs Andre :eek:
    Just PMd him for you ther Punkd.

And that's a bloody huge dream match right there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I had to continue my tradition of big money feuds. :o

• Advertisement

damn you Spongey and Punked.

might be a half hour or so before I make my pick...

Had to go with KoW before they were snapped up (after the 3 monsters I wanted for my main feud were taken).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Wow, Round 4 is flying by :eek:

Fusion Pro Wresting has come to terms with the release of The Kings of Wrestling. Their valet Miss Elizabeth is still in contract negotiations. Fans last saw the two feuding over Elizabeth's managerial services which ended up bringing the two closer as a team. We believe that they will own the tag division in their new home.

Great fun booking them last year, so many ways to work with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Got Damn it will someone let me take their spot ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick Made

Top tag-team there in the Dudleys. I have to mark another one off the list of possibilities for this round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Pick made :D

OK now I can't help but get excited! 4 picks to go and my number one feud for Austin hasn't been picked yet, either have back ups two and three :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Bully Ray gone :(

And Devon. Both extraordinarily versatile talented guys.

OK now I can't help but get excited! 4 picks to go and my number one feud for Austin hasn't been picked yet, either have back ups two and three :D

Ok I'm excited as well now for your pick :o the curse of the draft :p

Yes would have taken both also but not used them as a tag team, Ray has been great in his singles push in TNA

all the good tag teams are dropping like flies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm looking down my list of guys left and there's two guys that stand out that would be great with Austin, one in particular who'd be great fun to write for, while the other would make a really great feud.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bully Ray gone :(

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry guys . I was torn between them and a different pick (which i dont see lasting to long) but then i have realised since the last draft Dudleys have done well as single wrestlers especially Bully Ray . Ill decide later on how ill use them

• Advertisement
Advertisement