Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubfitting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭big_drive

Bit of an update. Have the clubs now about 7 weeks or so. First 4 weeks were very average, but things have now really got going. After losing 1.4 off handicap in past week. Really feeling comfortable with the clubs, don't worry if u struggle at start. It took me at least a dozen rounds, so my advice is give it time, be patient and the results will come

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mac Man

The Fore Golf web site has changed. Looks good. Great links to all the club companies they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

My fitting is for next week with foregolf. Looking forward to it. I'm off 13 hc and struggle with a slice with woods and driver. Will get everything fitted as the clubs I have, brought me down from 24. Would it be worth getting fitted for the irons and woods separately? Do foregolf give you a couple of options?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pduigee

Ben1977 wrote: »
    My fitting is for next week with foregolf. Looking forward to it. I'm off 13 hc and struggle with a slice with woods and driver. Will get everything fitted as the clubs I have, brought me down from 24. Would it be worth getting fitted for the irons and woods separately? Do foregolf give you a couple of options?

I suffered the same as you, also fading and hitting my irons high. They do a general fitting for irons and woods. i went for the hour. the woods took the lesser time. they will give you a price list after and get whatever you want. if your irons are good you will find a serious difference straight away. I got both and irons took a while to get right but three months on i am a lot better striker. I got the shaft changed on my driver and i noticed immediate impact. Best of luck with it. you will enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 worm_tongue

Definitely get fitted for both, I cant speak highly enough of the foregolf experience. Purchased both Driver and irons and my game has improved no end. I predict you will be single figures by the end of the summer if you invest in their suggestions. Enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Do you have to buy clubs off them, or can they custom fit you own set? I'm happy enough with the irons I have and definitely dont have the bobs for a few set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Do you have to buy clubs off them, or can they custom fit you own set? I'm happy enough with the irons I have and definitely dont have the bobs for a few set.

You dont have to buy clubs from them, they may refit your irons with different shafts to alter you iron trajectory and shot shape or if you irons are forged they may be able to adjust the lie and loft. Simple things like grip size can also alter your shot shape and can be changed. They will give you lots of options including using your existing set with changes. I would however say that if your into your golf as I am then one trip to them and seeing all the goodies on offer will have you foaming at the chops for a new set regardless of how happy you are with your current set, its like being a kid in a sweet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mr.mickels

I plan on a fitting soon, to get the best out of my driver

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Right after reading all the posts i am going to bite the bullet and book in. Was planning on getting a new driver on Monday but reckon I should do it properly this time to rectify my big fade off the tee. I am happy enough with my irons as they are so easy to hit. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on a price for driver fitting. Currently using a mizuno mp600 ( which i have put up for sale out of frustration).

Also anyone know the current waiting time for an appointment ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

They'll fit your driver and fairway woods in half an hour which will be 50 euro. Then he will most likely give you a 'cheeper' option and a more expensive option. That's what they did for me anyway cause I sayd I wasn't particulary flush.

Of course I went for the dearer option ha.

The price you pay really depends on the shaft. We all know that an r11 is what 400euro? So including a custom shaft expect to pay 6 or 700 hundred. My best guess would be starting from 250 - 300 for a driver. But it really depends what you like the shape of and what shaft you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

The chances of you needing an exotic shaft are slim and while I'd say that FG's prices are well above high street prices You probably won't be spending much more than 400 euro for a new driver.

One word of warning though, don't go there unless you are 100% committed to buying from them. If you're not, you are wasting your money for the fitting and I would go to Carton house instead.

As he told me himself, they make a loss on fittings and if you're not going to buy from them, they would rather you didn't go. I've re-phrased that from how it was communicated to me so as not to offend any more sensitive ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 truebluechippy

NoelAPM wrote: »
    They'll fit your driver and fairway woods in half an hour which will be 50 euro. Then he will most likely give you a 'cheeper' option and a more expensive option. That's what they did for me anyway cause I sayd I wasn't particulary flush.

Of course I went for the dearer option ha.

The price you pay really depends on the shaft. We all know that an r11 is what 400euro? So including a custom shaft expect to pay 6 or 700 hundred. My best guess would be starting from 250 - 300 for a driver. But it really depends what you like the shape of and what shaft you need.

well i got fitted there and got a r11 with a aldila vs proto tour issue shalf and all in cost me 450.best 450 spend on clubs in my last 5 rounds i have only miss 8 fairways and i used to be wild off the tee.i lost about 10/15 yards off the tee but il take that to hit the fairways which i am now.

Go get fitted and see what they says and build your new set over time if you have to.

by the way they said my irons didnt need chancing .but if i was to get a new set to get the lighter s 300 as i was hitting it about 5/8 yards further than the standard s 300 shafts i have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Wow. 450 actually sounds pretty good! Thank god I'm going to Australia or I'd be tempted haha!

Had my fitting with foregolf on Saturday. Have to say the experience was brill. Treated like a pro for an hour. David performed the fitting and couldn't have been nicer. Explained everything he was doing and why. I even hit a hybrid for the first time and I sold. Going to change the whole set. Funny looking at a nice easy draw after seeing a slice for the last 6 years. My swing and tempo was much better with the right shaft and weight of club.
    So there is hope.

Just picked up my new clubs from foregolf. Ended up getting everything? Cost me a pretty penny! They through in a taylormade micro lite stand bag FOC. Now thats what I call looking after your customers. Can't wait to try them out. Hopefully they will bed in quickly and get the hc going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Dose anyone know it the lads a fore golf sell club making bit and pieces? Shafts,grips weights etc ..? And if they do little jobs with out a custom fit ..? Change shafts loft lies etc ..?

Since this thread was started over half a season ago, I thought I'd ask the question? How are people getting on with their new clubs. Has your handicap improved much? If so by how much?
    I only have my clubs about 4 weeks. Played 3 round so far. Just starting to feel comfortable with them. Handicap hasn't moved as they were only friendly rounds. Driving has increased by 40yards, hybrid if a beautiful thing, irons are slowly coming around and the putter is just a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

Since this thread was started over half a season ago, I thought I'd ask the question? How are people getting on with their new clubs. Has your handicap improved much? If so by how much?
    I only have my clubs about 4 weeks. Played 3 round so far. Just starting to feel comfortable with them. Handicap hasn't moved as they were only friendly rounds. Driving has increased by 40yards, hybrid if a beautiful thing, irons are slowly coming around and the putter is just a dream.

Was stuck on 9 the past two years " new clubs for this season, playing off 6 Now" happy as a pig In
    muck ;-)

I dropped 4.8 shots in handicap since getting clubs in April. Very happy

Did foregolf fit u for a putter?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

I've got a question for you guys. Are you feeling comfortable with you game, do you feel good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Driving has increased by 40yards, hybrid if a beautiful thing, irons are slowly coming around and the putter is just a dream.

I presume to get an extra 40 yards, your old driver must have been very old or you had the wrong shaft completely?
    JOSman wrote: »
    I've got a question for you guys. Are you feeling comfortable with you game, do you feel good?

I would imagine this is a big benefit ... you can't blame the clubs!

Ya I feel good about game, probably because I know the clubs are right and if I hit a bad shot then it's down to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Can you custom fit just any set of irons, or would it only make sense with a new set, or what?

And what sort of money are we talking?

dubber wrote: »
    I presume to get an extra 40 yards, your old driver must have been very old or you had the wrong shaft completely?

Gone to stiff shaft with drive, more penetrating flight. Original drive was R5 (reg shaft). They clock the spin between 5000 rpm and 6000 rpm.
    New drive is the Srixon Z star revs down to 2800 to 3000 so the ball has stopped climbing. Shaft is a Voodoo stiff. They said that the important thing was shaft stiffness for me. Once that was right, i tried a number of heads until I found 1 that matched my eye.

Bye Bye slice. :)

danthefan wrote: »
    Can you custom fit just any set of irons, or would it only make sense with a new set, or what?

And what sort of money are we talking?

They can fit you for irons or a full set. 100 yoyos for custom fitting for full set. If they think that the heads of shafts are ok they will tell you. I found it a very honest process. Its not just about the sale, I felt that they really want you to improve and spread the good word.

I went for the whole set even putter spent €1500. I play about 30 times a year so I felt I could justify the spend. I've been stuck on 13hc for the last 3 years. Numerous lessons with no improvements. hopefully I'll start going in the right direction now.

big_drive wrote: »
    I dropped 4.8 shots in handicap since getting clubs in April. Very happy

Did foregolf fit u for a putter?

Yes, TM-770 ghost i think. Learnt alot about putters just in the 10 min fitting. Last round I had 7 single putts and 2 three putts. So improving already, and the fear is gone over those short ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

dubber wrote: »

Gone to stiff shaft with drive, more penetrating flight. Original drive was R5 (reg shaft). They clock the spin between 5000 rpm and 6000 rpm.
    New drive is the Srixon Z star revs down to 2800 to 3000 so the ball has stopped climbing. Shaft is a Voodoo stiff. They said that the important thing was shaft stiffness for me. Once that was right, i tried a number of heads until I found 1 that matched my eye.

Bye Bye slice. :)

I'm thinking of paying them a visit ... I changed driver this year and moved from reg to stiff flex, I'm more accurate with the stiff shaft, but lost a little carry, although got a bit more roll in return. Just need to find something with the carry of the 1st shaft and the roll and accuracy of the 2nd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 savoryan

Just a quick question about Fore Golf. If you get a fitting there do you HAVE to buy the clubs off them. Can you not get them custom made then somewhere else if you can get them cheaper elsewhere ?

I was just told that you have to buy the clubs off them but i cant imagine that being true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Trampas

savoryan wrote: »
    Just a quick question about Fore Golf. If you get a fitting there do you HAVE to buy the clubs off them. Can you not get them custom made then somewhere else if you can get them cheaper elsewhere ?

I was just told that you have to buy the clubs off them but i cant imagine that being true.

They are not going to give you the exact fitting info so you can take it elsewhere.

No golf fitter will do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 savoryan

Trampas wrote: »
    They are not going to give you the exact fitting info so you can take it elsewhere.

No golf fitter will do it.

I thought thats what you were paying the €100 for ! I had this all wrong :D

Any idea then how their prices compare to the likes of McGuirks and Halpennys ? Are they a good bit more expensive because they know you have to buy the clubs off them anyway ?

I was looking at maybe getting a set of Mizuno MP 53s or something and seriously considering going to Fore Golf for a fitting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement