Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubfitting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Does anyone know if they use some type of launch monitor at the new facility in Kileen Castle? Such as Trackman, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

aster its a Flightscope X2 the last time I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

I was up there yesterday. Was a great experience.
    Id recommend it to anyone who wants to improve.

I am very much still a beginner,Been playing for about 2 years or less.

Recommended a Nice set of Cobras S3.
    and a Ping k15 Driver.

Quite expensive for everythign so i might get irons first.

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I was up there yesterday. Was a great experience.
    Id recommend it to anyone who wants to improve.

I am very much still a beginner,Been playing for about 2 years or less.

Recommended a Nice set of Cobras S3.
    and a Ping k15 Driver.

Quite expensive for everythign so i might get irons first.

Sean

Regarding the bold bit, why do you think its going to help you improve?
    I'd wait a couple of months and see if you notice something.
    I'd be pretty confident that as a beginner you are far cheaper ways to improve your scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭big_drive

The fitting will hugely benefit a beginner as it will make "bad" shots less punishing. What might have been something like a horrid slice previously will now be a minor slice thus keeping the ball in play and reducing potential for scratches, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

big_drive wrote: »
    The fitting will hugely benefit a beginner as it will make "bad" shots less punishing. What might have been something like a horrid slice previously will now be a minor slice thus keeping the ball in play and reducing potential for scratches, etc.
    On the other hand there's a lot of learning involved in trying to correct a slice and those lessons are very useful in being able to control the ball flight.

Engineering out a problem like that is a bit like traction control on a car; when you eventually do get a skid, there's nothing to fall back on. ;)

How? By offsetting the face 10* because the beginner has a swing fault that causes a slice?

Unless you are very tall or very short, off the shelf clubs are going to be more than adequate for a beginner who often hits 2 feet behind the ball anyway.

Seems equivalent to giving someone continuous blood transfusions rather than just treating the bleeding wound to me.

/edit
    How does the player go about getting a lesson in this scenario?
    "Hi, Im hitting everything with a big draw/hook lately"
    "Oh, thats because your swing is now perfect, you need another fitting, new clubs"

Well I can only go by my own experience. Almost immediately I dropped from 13 to 8 after the fitting. As I mentioned earlier due mainly to bad shots being less punishing. I had a poor slice which improved straight away with the new clubs.
    Since then I worked on the slice and now hit a draw. Handicap has dropped 8 to 5 this summer, using the same clubs

Well I can only go by my own experience. Almost immediately I dropped from 13 to 8 after the fitting. As I mentioned earlier due mainly to bad shots being less punishing. I had a poor slice which improved straight away with the new clubs.
    Since then I worked on the slice and now hit a draw. Handicap has dropped 8 to 5 this summer, using the same clubs

What way did they adjust your clubs?
    tbh I find it hard to accept that a club fitting alone has dropped you from a 13 to a 5 in two years unless your clubs were 3 inches too short for you or something to begin with.

/edit
    Actually you have already proved that it wasnt fitting alone as you now hit a draw. This clearly indicates swing changes. Id be interested to see how you would play now with off the shelf clubs.

• Advertisement

Not too sure how they adjusted things. Different shafts is all I know about. Couldn't tell you anything about length, loft lie etc.

The drop in handicap couldn't be down to clubs alone. I've practiced hard as well to get there but having the right clubs help to make the practice more beneficial.

Not sure what I'd be like with off the shelf clubs. I have Nippon shafts in my irons, don't see many clubs with those as standard so that could be a difference to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Went to Foregolf this time last year.

Got 3 wood/Hybrid/Irons and Wedges reshafted

I'm lethal with the Irons but the shafts in the rest have since been changed as they felt completely wrong and were in no way consistant. (1 h/c)

Couldn't afford to go back for a refit so just chopping and changing now till i find whats right in my woods/wedges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

J6P wrote: »
    Went to Foregolf this time last year.

Got 3 wood/Hybrid/Irons and Wedges reshafted

I'm lethal with the Irons but the shafts in the rest have since been changed as they felt completely wrong and were in no way consistant. (1 h/c)

Couldn't afford to go back for a refit so just chopping and changing now till i find whats right in my woods/wedges.

Hoping to get custom fitted later this year either in Foregolf or elsewhere. Regarding wedges above, did they recommend much different shafts in your wedges to those in your irons? I would have thought the shafts in your wedges would have been very similar to your irons with perhaps more flex in a lob wedge since you'd be unlikely to hit that 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Hoping to get custom fitted later this year either in Foregolf or elsewhere. Regarding wedges above, did they recommend much different shafts in your wedges to those in your irons? I would have thought the shafts in your wedges would have been very similar to your irons with perhaps more flex in a lob wedge since you'd be unlikely to hit that 100%.

I had regular nippon shafts in the Irons and got stiff shafts fitted. I found the distance control to be alot more repeatable.

My wedges were coming off the toe all of the time (probably a technique fault rather than club fault).

Anyway got recomennded DG spinner shafts...tried them and seen no noticable improvement. Got rid and now have an old wilson wedge from my Pitch and Putt days.

I didn't get a lob wedge fitted or reshafted so can't comment on whether it should have more flex than the other wedges.

Heard foregolf have got the new aldila magnum shafts to test and in some cases the distance increase on drivers & fairway woods has been huge. Meant to be one of the best shafts to come along with quite a bit.
    Anyone here got a chance to try that shaft yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Heard foregolf have got the new aldila magnum shafts to test and in some cases the distance increase on drivers & fairway woods has been huge. Meant to be one of the best shafts to come along with quite a bit.
    Anyone here got a chance to try that shaft yet?

Foregolf's newsletter claims up to 49 yard gains off the tee but outlines the shaft is only suited to certain players. It's ultra lightweight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

dines08 wrote: »
    Foregolf's newsletter claims up to 49 yard gains off the tee but outlines the shaft is only suited to certain players. It's ultra lightweight

good point dines and only certain heads suit too so the chance of upgrading your current driver- faiway might not be viable?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

L.O.F.T wrote: »
    good point dines and only certain heads suit too so the chance of upgrading your current driver- faiway might not be viable?

Exactly, the heavier driver heads don't suit it.

The head cannot be heavy, only lightweight heads will work (they have to balance well), so RocketBallz, Cobra and Callaway are favourites.
    If the golfer struggles with rhythm, then the lightweight nature of the shaft could be difficult to control consistently.
    It’s not ideal for golfers who already swing it fast and hit it far, as it’s designed specifically for golfers who struggle with distance.
    The shaft come in Regular, Stiff, X Flex and Tour X Flex. We found it works better in a stiffer flex than normally used to help stabilize the large driver heads better.
    The shaft has a fairly high torque rating so we have found, that it is better suited to a golfer with a late release style of swing with a delayed hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Bumped for Nozebleed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

link_2007 wrote: »
    Bumped for Nozebleed

Thank you...excellent thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

My apologies if this is a thread-hijack but it definitely doesn't warrant its own thread. Looking for some feedback/advice.

I have a set of Ping G10 irons, orange dot, which I just bought off the shelf 4/5 years back. At the time I was off 18 & wanted something very forgiving that promoted a high ball-flight.

The Orange Dot irons are generally for shorter players or players with very low hands as they are about 2.25° flat. I'm average height 5'10. It was clearly a mistake going with orange dot, I was flogged them at a golf store even though the club I tested at the range was a black dot. I asked the assistant who said "We've no black left, if you want you can go ahead with the orange, it shouldn't make too much difference at your level".

I suppose he was right as I was off 18. I've had a few lessons over that period and each pro has raised eyebrows at the lie of the clubs. I'm not a hugely technical player but I think I have a tendency to keep my hands low and bend over a good deal to compensate for the lie of the orange dot clubs.

My next move is a custom-fit. I've managed to get down to 8 now with these clubs but I want to make sure I kick on and keep improving. Would there be much benefit in having the current set of Ping G10's I have checked to see if getting them re-shafted and/or have the lie changed would help me improve? Or would that be pointless and would it be better to just bite the bullet and get a completely new set that suit my current level?

Sorry if this is a bit long winded... appreciate any advice/recommendations. I'm clueless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Mr. Larson wrote: »
    My apologies if this is a thread-hijack but it definitely doesn't warrant its own thread. Looking for some feedback/advice.

I have a set of Ping G10 irons, orange dot, which I just bought off the shelf 4/5 years back. At the time I was off 18 & wanted something very forgiving that promoted a high ball-flight.

The Orange Dot irons are generally for shorter players or players with very low hands as they are about 2.25° flat. I'm average height 5'10. It was clearly a mistake going with orange dot, I was flogged them at a golf store even though the club I tested at the range was a black dot. I asked the assistant who said "We've no black left, if you want you can go ahead with the orange, it shouldn't make too much difference at your level".

I suppose he was right as I was off 18. I've had a few lessons over that period and each pro has raised eyebrows at the lie of the clubs. I'm not a hugely technical player but I think I have a tendency to keep my hands low and bend over a good deal to compensate for the lie of the orange dot clubs.

My next move is a custom-fit. I've managed to get down to 8 now with these clubs but I want to make sure I kick on and keep improving. Would there be much benefit in having the current set of Ping G10's I have checked to see if getting them re-shafted and/or have the lie changed would help me improve? Or would that be pointless and would it be better to just bite the bullet and get a completely new set that suit my current level?

Sorry if this is a bit long winded... appreciate any advice/recommendations. I'm clueless.

You can get your Orange dot pings readjusted for a small fee - by Ping themselves. Phone up Ping in the UK and ask them what the process is for Ireland or NI.

I wouldn't go to anyone other than Ping to have these modified as your Ping clubs are not forged steel (they are cast and can break if you overdo it) - they will be able to modify up to about 2degrees or so, so if it were me I would want this done by the manufacturer.

Don't go wasting money on new sticks just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Given the improvement you've made, I think it would be worth your while going to Foregolf first. It's a big step to move away from the irons that you've used while losing 10 shots.

I'm similar height and play with 7 year old Taylormade irons that are 2 degrees flat. I had no idea they weren't standard as I'd bought them off the shelf.

When I tried different irons in Foregolf I couldn't see much difference and they told me that there wouldn't be any significant benefit in changing. If they tell you they are too flat you can always send them back to ping at that stage.

With my driver and 3 wood, I could see the diiference straight away in what they recommended and after 9 months playing with the reshafted clubs, I'm very happy with the change. If you go there, go through the whole bag and get your money's worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Just back after an hour long full bag fitting.

LOVED IT

I had an idea of what I wanted and Derek confirmed it all. I really enjoyed the experience, great customer service and in my mind well worth it.

The difference in some of the clubs against my own was amazing. If you have the few quid extra to spend I would highly recomend it.

No i just gotta try and sell my old driver

J

Just back after an hour long full bag fitting.

LOVED IT

I had an idea of what I wanted and Derek confirmed it all. I really enjoyed the experience, great customer service and in my mind well worth it.

The difference in some of the clubs against my own was amazing. If you have the few quid extra to spend I would highly recomend it.

No i just gotta try and sell my old driver

J

I've decided I am going in the New Year for a new set. I have a voucher for 6 * 30 minute lessons so might get 3 either side of my custom fit.

I've decided I am going in the New Year for a new set. I have a voucher for 6 * 30 minute lessons so might get 3 either side of my custom fit.

Do you know, even if you don't buy anything it's a great hour, it's amazing how the shafts have a huge effect, I was amazed.

Seeing the stats on the monitor was really cool and he explained them really well.

Can't wait to get an hit them

I changed all the irons to 2 degree upright KBS tour shafts, swapped my 60 degree wedge to a vokey 57 degree with tt spinner shaft. I left my baffled hybrid alone but swapped the 3 & 5 wood shafts to aldila protopype 60s. The one I am looking forward to most s my new 10.5 degree Razr-fit with the aldila 44x shaft

Do you know, even if you don't buy anything it's a great hour, it's amazing how the shafts have a huge effect, I was amazed.

Seeing the stats on the monitor was really cool and he explained them really well.

Can't wait to get an hit them

I changed all the irons to 2 degree upright KBS tour shafts, swapped my 60 degree wedge to a vokey 57 degree with tt spinner shaft. I left my baffled hybrid alone but swapped the 3 & 5 wood shafts to aldila protopype 60s. The one I am looking forward to most s my new 10.5 degree Razr-fit with the aldila 44x shaft

Do you mind me asking how much you're into for the whole end-to-end rig out? If you don't wanna say no worries. I'm expecting to be looking at the guts of EUR 1,500 for irons and maybe a new Driver. Would I be right? Happy enough with the wedges but I'll go in with an open mind.

Do you mind me asking how much you're into for the whole end-to-end rig out? If you don't wanna say no worries. I'm expecting to be looking at the guts of EUR 1,500 for irons and maybe a new Driver. Would I be right? Happy enough with the wedges but I'll go in with an open mind.

€1290 all in. I had my 40th a few weeks ago and friends and family were very kind with presents, covered a good chunk of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thoscon

€1290 all in. I had my 40th a few weeks ago and friends and family were very kind with presents, covered a good chunk of it.

Does that include the €100 club check ? Booked in for New Year's Eve can't wait looking for new irons but no doubt when I get there ill want more !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Best of luck with the new clubs

i wonder if it's better to get lessons before or afterwards, i can think or arguments for both so maybe splitting them is the correct idea...
    any opinions either way?

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    i wonder if it's better to get lessons before or afterwards, i can think or arguments for both so maybe splitting them is the correct idea...
    any opinions either way?

See it the same way & agree one could argue either way.

I am hoping my fundamentals don't need a complete overhaul, post lessons, rather a tweak here and there, as approx 90% of my [long game] lessons and practice has been focused on basics, grip, address, alignment so I don't anticipate having to make any major changes on that front.

My plan would be to get one, maybe a couple of lessons on the above, then depending on how that goes, get stuck into the custom-fit and get a new set. The remainder of the lessons [4] will ideally be focused on 15yds->100yds, keep one or two in the bank in case I need a refresher having played with the new set for a while or if things start falling apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I suppose it depends on how drastic the swing changes are doesn't it. If you're completely rebuilding a swing, its probably pointless to get a fit before lessons.

But if you're just looking to treak things then there shouldn't be any major impact.

I know myself that if I had gotten a fit 3 years ago, pre the lessons I've had, then it would be a completely different set of golf clubs in my hands now.

I guess my worry with getting fitted first would be that the fit would compensate for a poor setup/swing.

I think i would get fit after the lessons, and advise my pro that I was going for a fit; hopefully he would work on the fundamentals first.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭plumber77

Have thought the very same thing everytime I think about going up there. Would it be a wasted journey unless you were swinging the club the way you would hope to.No point in asking their opinion I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

My mate ( hc 21) was there in September, during the fitting the fella said to him "do you know you have a flat back swing but steep downswing" ! He only got irons built - ping i20's and he loves them- he had off the shelf wilson d11's. He really struggled playing for about a month or two after getting irons but the last month he is getting great contact and accuracy with them- but this is exactly my fear in that how consistent is a 21 hc swing! However I've gone and booked myself in for a fitting in January- the curiosity is killing the cat!

My own experience. Warning: Long post.

I've been toying with the idea of getting custom fitted for irons for the past year since my existing set which I got second hand in the mid 90s were well due a replacement. As an incentive I vowed I'd wait until I got to single figures in handicap so that my swing was somewhat repeatable and that the custom fitting might be of added benefit. I'm currently playing of 8 having taken up the game two years ago after a long absence from an occasional game in my junior days.

With the season finished and my goal achieved I booked myself into Foregolf 4 weeks ago for an an iron fitting with Derek Murray and overall it’s very informative and a great experience. They’ve an impressive set-up out at Killeen Castle and Derek himself was really sound answering a whole myriad of questions and concerns with the fitting session itself going way overtime as a result. Since I was only concerned with irons he measured my own for length, weight, loft, lie angle and then noted the shaft, flex and grip in his setup for a later comparison. All the iron fittings are worked off a 6 iron so I hit a number of shots with mine on the Flightscope II monitor where it records swing speed, ball speed, spin, attack angle and a number of other measurements. Using impact tape on the face of the club I then hit a few more shots to check the dispersion of the strikes and then it was onto trying to determine the most suitable club/shaft combination.

From the above measurements he can narrow down the list of suitable shafts considerably so it’s onto selecting a desirable head. With probably 100 different 6 iron heads on display from all the main manufactures it helps to have an idea of what you’d like to try. I’d a pre-requisite of having a forged club from a manufacturer that also produced a 2 iron and having previously tried a few demo clubs at the Kinsealy driving range had narrowed my search considerably. I was also interested in creating a combo set with the long irons in cavity back and the mid/short irons in muscle back so was interested to see how flexible Foregolf could be on that front.

Once we’d picked out a few heads to try it was down to narrowing the selection of suitable shafts in terms of the different characteristics on offer from the various shaft manufacturers and weighing these up versus the weight and flex options available. On the day I probably hit 10 different shaft combinations on the Flightscore II monitor with various different results in terms of launch angle and spin rate but Derek was also interested in the feedback I was getting from the club in terms of feel and weight dispersion before advising on the outcome. Based on the heads we focused on, mix of Titleist CBs and MBs or TaylorMade MCs and MBs he said there was no difference in terms of the performance between the heads and the ultimate choice was purely down to aesthetics and budget with the Titleist being marginally more expensive. After that he checked for length and lie angles and then went through various grip options both in terms of thickness and feel.

At no stage throughout the fitting did I feel it was a sales pitch towards buying new clubs or a particular brand of club but what it did show and quite convincingly is that the shafts in my existing clubs were not optimal. The heads themselves were also over 1 degree flat which wasn't ideal (I was surprised with this as had always thought them to be standard). I had always intended on buying new clubs (although perhaps not from Foregolf) rather than reshafting my existing old set but that could have been an option also if I had wished to discuss. Concerns I did have before the fitting was that Foregolf didn’t provide the specs from your fitting without purchase and also that their prices incurred a large premium to compensate for their custom build and recalibration of each individual club head.

In terms of spec sheets and options I was given a printout of the different iron suggestions (number and make of clubs and where I wanted to make the split between CB and MB) along with the make of shaft and type of grip and the resultant price for each. The printout didn’t have the flex of shaft, length or lie angle or any of the details from Flightscope II which were revealed on screen during the fitting, apparently most of these would be included on your built sheet and available upon collection of purchased clubs.

Prior to the fitting I had researched the pricing of the above clubs both in the large chain stores and online and knew that a set including the now unconventional 3 iron along with a 2 iron was quite expensive. As such when given the spec sheet from Foregolf I was therefore quietly surprised that Foregolf’s prices were somewhat competitive. Following the fitting the nearest spec and best price I could get to the desired set was online from GolfStoreEurope without the flexibility of a predefined combo set of CB and MB irons. Ideally I would have liked to utilise some vouchers I had in McGuirks to purchase the irons but since I didn’t know the flex, lie angle and length of the clubs I would also have had to book a fitting there and even at that there was no guarantee they could build a combo set of clubs incorporating a 2 iron ignoring the reputation ForeGolf had in hand building clubs.

Anyway I rang Derek a couple of times following the fitting with additional questions and pushed him to see what he could do with TaylorMade in terms of sweetening the deal. When he got back to me he advised he was initially pushing them to include two wedges but since he could only get them to agree to include one he then pushed them on price instead and I was happy with the chosen route. The price worked out cheaper than from GolfStoreEurope so we agreed a final price for the irons upon which I then paid a deposit of €250 with the balance payable upon collection.

Less than 10 days after placing my order I got a phone call to say my irons were ready for collection. I collected them last week, TaylorMade MC in 2-4 iron and TaylorMade MB in 5-PW, 9 irons in all with TT DynamicGold Lite X100 shafts and 1/4" longer than standard. Have only played a few holes with them so far and hit a couple of buckets of balls on the range as all this frost is making things difficult but hopefully they'll give me the consistency I require to progress to an aspiring category 1 golfer next year.

Thanks for reading and hope the above is of some benefit to those sitting on the fence regarding custom fitting. Derek himself advised there was no need to wait to become a single figure golfer and that a custom fit earlier in one's progression might assist and ease development.
    Despite reading all the positive reviews on here the experience itself far outweighed my expectations and I couldn't fault a single aspect of Foregolf's customer service from my initial phone call to final collection of the clubs. They really are an asset to the Irish golfing scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

great post. my experience with them was similarly good. wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thanks Doc, you might have cost me a few quid next year but great post all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Just my 2 cents,

I was up there yesterday and had a great time and learned alot.Derek is a great guy and took his time to fill me in on exactly what he was doing.As doc said its the 6 iron the fitting is based on as Don showed me a build sheet,It starts at the 6 and the irons range either side of this.To my surprise i was knocking my own Burner 2.0's out of the park but felt they were a bit light.So i have been specced to px 6.0 from kbs.We went through all of my bag and all my clubs are fine and i just need to change the shafts in all.In no way was there any pressure on any brand or no pressure to spend any money.Will defo be getting the clubs changed and would highly recommend them.

• Advertisement

Got a call today to say that they are ready, gonna collect them tomorrow, can't wait for Sunday morning game.

I set a target of getting to 9 from 14 this year, I have 3 games left to do it, need to loose 1.8. Here's hoping the new clubs work and work quickly.

Got a call today to say that they are ready, gonna collect them tomorrow, can't wait for Sunday morning game.

I set a target of getting to 9 from 14 this year, I have 3 games left to do it, need to loose 1.8. Here's hoping the new clubs work and work quickly.

Just check that they're open before travelling out, I got the impression they were only open Mon to Fri. Either way enjoy the new sticks.

Just check that they're open before travelling out, I got the impression they were only open Mon to Fri. Either way enjoy the new sticks.

Good thinking, I will call them 1st thing

So, picked the clubs up on Monday, with a free round in Killeen Castle, which was a nice touch. was itching to use them so went out in the Titleist Series in Portmarnock Links on Tuesday, of course i was expecting to shoot the lights out but it wasnt the case. I shot 15 over off the back tips so 4 over my handicap and only 1 over SS, not bad for 1st time out. I played quite well but struggled with distance control, i was hitting the irons much higher and a little shorter.

After the game i went to the range and hit a small basket to try and get the distances right in my head. Armed with the new numbers i played our Wed open but we were rained off after 7 holes but the signs were good.

Today i went out with some friends in Portmarnock Links and shot a very comfortable 79 off 11, the new ball flight is a revelation, especialy with the driver. The change from 9.5 to 10.5 with the new magnum shaft has resulted in a higher ball flight with real penetration.

Not playing again until Jan 6, cant wait to see if i can carry this form through a few games.

All in all it seems the change has been good.

Had a hour long fitting today absolutely loved it .great set up and Derek and his father are lovely people
    Was great fun tryin out all the different clubs and shafts .settled on the rocketbladez irons, my old cobra s2 6 iron averaged 167 yards the rocketbladez irons averaged 188 yds.
    Great set up would recommend them to anyone

thoscon wrote: »
    my old cobra s2 6 iron averaged 167 yards the rocketbladez irons averaged 188 yds.

Same club or same loft?

• Advertisement

Same club or same loft?

Same club

thoscon wrote: »
    Same club

26.5 degrees versus 28...pretty much half a club in the difference, but still an impressive gain of ~2 clubs.

26.5 degrees versus 28...pretty much half a club in the difference, but still an impressive gain of ~2 clubs.

have to say was very impressed with the gain in yardage.was trying a lot of different makes and was noticing increases with the different irons but nothing compared to the rocketbladez .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Was out with Derek today. First time in the new shop in Killeen Castle and I was amazed at the place. All the latest tracking technology and a fantastic range to hit into you. It's like four bays combined and kitted out with everything you would need.

Was there for a tune up following a full fitting in 2010. I was thinking with some postural changes I've made the irons needed some adjustment. Turned out they where still perfect.

The whole experience is better than I remembered and you really can learn a lot from the guys in relation to what clubs can do for your game.

I'd recommend anyone who is buying new clubs to use a session beforehand with Foregolf. Might just the most important thing you do. Can't wait to save enough for new irons!

PS not affiliated in anyway just a very happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PeterMc9

hi all - I'm considering giving Foregolf a try for some new clubs and want to see what discounts (if any) are available (considering full set so probably spending €1500+).

For anyone that has been to them and gone ahead with a purchase how much have you spent and what discount if any have you achieved? Or just % if you'd prefer not to post the figures.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement