Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

angelll wrote: »
    :eek:,Poor sheriff! Brilliant episode though, i was wondering if she had any powers left while they were on earth,obv she does so that means rumpel may have too!

Aye....tbf....had had to die knowing what he knew, i dunno why people are surprised the evil queen knew/knows/remembers the fairytale world and has power still.

I always thought she knew, along with Mr. Gold....though i don't think queeny knows that Mr. gold knows the truth :)

Does Lana Parrilla play the queen briliantly or what?....her and Robert Carliyle deserve some award nods imo, fine performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Thoroughly enjoyed the seventh episode ,it was a big improvement on the last few episodes which were only fair .

If Regina now knows she is the Evil Queen ,why doesnt she just kill off Snow White and Emma ,it would be the obvious thing to do .
    Or for that matter why didnt she get rid of Archie for threatening her ?
    The revelation that Regina knows of the former life seems to be at odds with her behaviour in earlier episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Thoroughly enjoyed the seventh episode ,it was a big improvement on the last few episodes which were only fair .

If Regina now knows she is the Evil Queen ,why doesnt she just kill off Snow White and Emma ,it would be the obvious thing to do .
    Or for that matter why didnt she get rid of Archie for threatening her ?
    The revelation that Regina knows of the former life seems to be at odds with her behaviour in earlier episodes.

But she's known she's the evil queen from the beginning? The only thing i was wondering was shy she didn't kill off emma. She was only able to kill the sheriff as she had his heart,otherwise she would have to use other means.

Busy girl!....Amy Acker guests on OUAT: http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/once-upon-a-time-amy-acker/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

But she's known she's the evil queen from the beginning? The only thing i was wondering was shy she didn't kill off emma. She was only able to kill the sheriff as she had his heart,otherwise she would have to use other means.

I don't think she can kill Emma, it's the only explanation. She had her chance all along before they went to Storybrooke to kill her, but she had to hire the Huntsman to do it, may signify that she can't kill her but she didn't want anyone to know that she couldn't. Maybe the fact that Snow White knows the Queen's secret also has some reference to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Next episode airs on 8th January. According to IMDB there's going to be 22 episodes this season.

Can't wait :D

Very solid eight episode, lots of backstory on Mr. Gold/Rumple.....as per usual it was the fairytale world that was the best to watch, yet again some excellent acting from Carlyle....Gold is not a man you should owe a favour to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Very solid eight episode, lots of backstory on Mr. Gold/Rumple.....as per usual it was the fairytale world that was the best to watch, yet again some excellent acting from Carlyle....Gold is not a man you should owe a favour to!!

Good episode allright,Carlyle is truly excellent in the role.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Loved the latest episode.
    A bit predictable - you could see what was going on and coming - but still good.
    Carlyle is just class. He runs away with the characters he does! He rocks! :D

• Advertisement

Wonder what happened to his son? Was a good episode,really enjoyed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wonder what happened to his son? Was a good episode, really enjoyed it.

Sneaking suspicion we might find out later - or is a character we have already met?

Was thinking the same...he has to be around somewhere,i actually thought when i was watching that it would be his sons death that turned him bad in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I was thinking his son would be killed too and that'd be one of the reasons he turned.

I wonder if his son is the huntsman/sheriff? Gold was giving him a place to live and seemed pretty insistent that Emma take something to remember him by. And it was really only after his death that he started working against the mayor.

I like your thinking!! Could very well be...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

The actor who plays Henry is brilliant; he outacts Jennifer Morrison in their scenes together. Good call on leaving Mad Men for this part!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JohnK wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking his son would be killed too and that'd be one of the reasons he turned.

I wonder if his son is the huntsman/sheriff? Gold was giving him a place to live and seemed pretty insistent that Emma take something to remember him by. And it was really only after his death that he started working against the mayor.

I love that theory...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I wonder how much the fact that Stiltskin's turn to the darkside was in order to save his son has to do with his predilection for first born children. In the series we have seen him try to take both incarnations of Cinderella's child and we know it was he who engineered Regina's adoption of Emma's first born. In regular mythology he wanted the first born of the Miller's daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Butterface wrote: »
    The actor who plays Henry is brilliant; he outacts Jennifer Morrison in their scenes together. Good call on leaving Mad Men for this part!

Yeah, except I've caught him looking straight down the camera lens in multiple episodes(including the midseason premiere).

Oooh,so who's the mystery guy!!! Thought for a minute he was emma's ex but surely she would've recognised him...

• Advertisement

Watched the first episode earlier today and while it's cheesy as hell I can see it becoming one of the few shows of recent months that I'll keep watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Oooh,so who's the mystery guy!!! Thought for a minute he was emma's ex but surely she would've recognised him...

It's definitely something to do with Emma and Henry for the coy look he gave Henry! The box on the back of the bike is definitely going to have some relevance too. Maybe the fact that Emma didn't recognise him could have something to do with either:

a) Since she's came to Storybrooke, she can't remember certain parts of her story like the rest of them?
    b) He's changed so much that she doesn't recognise him?

I think it's the dead sherrifs brother! ;)
    Latest ep. was alright, kids were pretty good, Emma Caulfield made a good blind witch and always nice to see Nicholas Lee again :)

Anyone else find the CGI off putting? It's just so cheap looking and is so obviously fake that it instantly sticks out. Some of it looks like its been badly cut and paste in from a video game from 2005.

That said its quite a fun series and there's some nice ideas in play but I really hope they don't drag it out. It seems like the kind of show that would work best as a one off and not something that's going to run for years unless season 2 drastically changes everything. Would love for something like the fairy tale world taking over the real world and all kind of fairy tale creatures running rampant as the Queen ruled all mankind. but then there would be the chance that it may be a little too much like Grimm.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That said its quite a fun series and there's some nice ideas in play but I really hope they don't drag it out. It seems like the kind of show that would work best as a one off and not something that's going to run for years unless season 2 drastically changes everything.

Yeah, I think it might have been better as a mini-series like The 10th Kingdom.

And I suspect that the biker guy is a human version of the Big Bad Wolf come to take the huntsman's place.

I don't know...if he's a writer could he be one of the grimms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Or he could've wrote Henry's book.

He could indeed...but wouldn't writing fairytales make him a grimm brother :D I don't think the queen knows who he is and that's why she's getting worried, strangers aren't supposed to come to storybrook.

Not sure what to make of this weeks episode,all that really happened was the queen is keeping a v close eye on emma (as usual) and the new guy has henrys book. It's not on next week :mad: so have a fortnight to see what's going on,the next one with mr gold and belle looks good.

• Advertisement

Well that was verrry interesting!!! Poor rumpelstiltskin,have to admit i didn't expect the very end. Was the flower shop guy belle's dad?

Am i the only one still watching btw :D

Advertisement