Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Aw izzy, hope your little dog is ok. That's terrible. I too know what it is like to see dogs as if they were a member of the family. Our (my mum and I) oldest dog (she was 15) had to be put to sleep last July and it was traumatising, we were both crying for days. Still get sad when I think of her. Hope she has a speedy recovery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

izzy24 wrote: »
    My poor little doggie got hit with a car yesterday and she is very sore the poor little pet:(.. Feel so sorry for her hope she gets better soon... No walkies for a while for her:(...

Oh no Izzy, hope your little girl is ok. I was in a state when mine had to go in for the snip last week. I'd b in a heap if anything happened to one of them.

There is no power in the kitchen in work today...major pain. Cldn't have my porridge, so just went for a scone from the shop next door instead. So raging, don't feel satisfied at all.
    Never thought i'd feel this way about porridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    what do people think of the new ww cookbooks? Worth getting...are the recipes ones that ya would actually use...or just oooh i'd love that....but looks complicated?

I bought the seriously satisfying cook book, I was a little disappointed to be honest! there is a lot as you say, that looks nice but a lot of work complicated and expensive lol.

I can list recipes and if any one wants them I will post it

before you buy read them first! I have a old one from the old points and its much better!

OT but that is some wind out there!

I have been exercising every day, noticed this morning I was very hungry so had a good big feed this morning all healthy went for high protein going to plan my lunch and dinner now!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Hi All!

Hope you had a great weekend!

I forgot how tired the first week of rejoining WW made me. I'm totally zapped of energy even with eating tonnes more fruit and veg, must be lower sugar levels. Anyone else experience the tiredness? (or am i a light weight!)
    Well needless to say this has left me in no form to get to the gym and my early morning workouts i'd planned for this week are possibly not going to materlise!

I'm going to try motivate myself to start Friday eve or Saturday morning. I know once i get there i'll be determined to keep going! Like everything I suppose it's about actually getting there!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Hey Guys,

I didn't miss the league (that's not really a league but more of a kind of an inspirational tool type thing) posting did I? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

Hi all,

Am over my disappointment of sts on Thurs and had a very good weekend. Stuck to my points and walked 12k. I'm gonna do the shopping after work, lots of fruit, veg and water. Hope I have a loss this week, even just a lb!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Feeling exhausted today and very un motivated! :(

At what age are you too old for a bouncy slide?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

I recently bought the new WW cookbook with Asian-type recipes. Can't remember the exact name of it but have made a couple of them - they were really easy and very tasty, so would recommend that one if you like spicy food, stir frys, etc.

Made chicken teryaki the other day and it was lovely.

Will post up the recipe this evening if anybody's interested.

I'm not at all into cooking and don't think I've ever followed a recipe in my life...but really was easy and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

fionas046 wrote: »
    Feeling exhausted today and very un motivated! :(

At what age are you too old for a bouncy slide?:P

NEVER!!!!!!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Hi everyone. Would anybody have the propoints or nutritional information for the gourmet burger kitchen. We are going there after work on Thursday and would like to have my homework done. They don't have the NI on their website. If worse comes to worse i can just order one of the salads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Oh noo poor little baby....she seriously hurt? god something like that would send me straight to the biscuit tin! my critters are my babies

The walk was good! shocked my self at being able to do it quite comfortably...I am a slow walker...like 5kph is me being "fast".

Weights and toning today! and tomorrow is PUPPY DAY!

She not seriously hurt just very very sore can barely move and have to try get her to move a little.. Breaks my heart to see my little baby hurt:( she is 11 and have had her since 6 wks old...

Glad ur walk went well im hoping to do a 5k run coming up in july...

U must be so excited bout ur puppy coming tomarrow.. Its so exciting:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Izzy, hope your dog gets better soon. It's blowing a gale here today. We have labradors & they are sitting in the back hall & refusing to go out. They'll have to move soon because I have to hoover up all the hair they are casting everywhere!

Glad to hear everyone so far stayed on track for the weekend. I had a confirmation to go to yesterday. My father-in-law was there & asked me where I had left the rest of me:D:D. Picked at too much food, but didn't even go into the kitchen when they were serving the desserts. Didn't have a drink either because I was driving, so not too much damage done! My hubby brought a load of desserts home with him. I let him keep the cheesecake & sent the rest of them into work with him last night to keep them all going on night shift.

I went through all my clothes this morning & have a big pile of size 16s. I am giving them to a girl I have befriended in my WW class. Now, I have very little to wear. I think a shopping trip is coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

1halfstone wrote: »
    Hey guys, i see the points for chinese are quite low, but i just realised that they are probably for a portion. Can anyone tell me how many points wouldbe in a half a carton yoy know the plastic tubs, of maybe a chicken satay? Or in a full foil tray of a prawn chow mein or singapore noodle?

Chinese take outs you might like..

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/sweet.html

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

what do people think of the new ww cookbooks? Worth getting...are the recipes ones that ya would actually use...or just oooh i'd love that....but looks complicated?

Lainey.. WW sent me the Seriously Satisfying cookbook.. and while I think it's quite good.. there's nothing THAT unusual in it.. if there's anything you'd like to try just ask and I'll mail you the recipe... like most cookbooks.. they inspire you and make you try something new.. that's why i liked it.. I got into a bit of a rut cooking the same things all the time.. there's savoury crepes and beef pie.. all comforting type foods (and not all of them that low in PP) and all the ingredients are things you would have in the cupboard... I try do a recipe every week on my blog... but I've been in hospital and poorly the last few weeks so I've not done one... but I'm back on it this week... again just ask if there's something that takes your fancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

SkinnyDoll wrote: »

Hi skinny doll, thanks a mill, i ended up completely doin the dog on it with pizza garlic bread and wedges .....still lost 4lbs tho so am delighted!
    Say the points in that tho the portion sizes are they for standard chinese tubs like the plastic cartons or are they for half the tub? LIke a whole chciken chow mein for 9pts? is that right? Surely thats jsut for half a standard dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

nearly all the ww breads stuff on special in dunnes, bagles, pitta breads, wraps.
    I'm stocking up cos i'm going to try and make a soup this week...and if its nice I'll have a bagel and some philly light with it as my lunch for a couple of day :D

HEALTHY HEALTHY!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Hi All!

Hope you had a great weekend!

I forgot how tired the first week of rejoining WW made me. I'm totally zapped of energy even with eating tonnes more fruit and veg, must be lower sugar levels. Anyone else experience the tiredness? (or am i a light weight!)
    Well needless to say this has left me in no form to get to the gym and my early morning workouts i'd planned for this week are possibly not going to materlise!

I'm going to try motivate myself to start Friday eve or Saturday morning. I know once i get there i'll be determined to keep going! Like everything I suppose it's about actually getting there!

Hi, Yes I found that too, even weeks when I am being particularily good I still think I'm more tired BUT I find the gym deffo helps. I couldn't go in the morning as I already get up at about 6.15 but I do go after work - dont let yourself get home first or you'll never go back out (or at least I wouldn't). Some days I think I'm just too tired but I do little bribes with myself "just 15 mins on the bike and 15 on the cross trainer and then I can go home" but after the first 15 mins I get more energy and practically always do an extra 15 mins on each and something else.
    So on tired days do go. Sure if you do only do the 30 mins it's still great. I used to hate the going but not mind it when I was there now I go about 5 times a week and it's just the norm (after about 2 months) and the weight is shifting much faster.

On a happy note about 6 people last week told me I looked great and to keep going - it feels super, and yesterday I bought a size 16 jeans when at christmas I was in 20s!! Like some others here my inches seem to be reducing faster than my numbers on the scale - at least on my waist.

Izzy - so sorry to hear about your little dog - hope she gets better quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

how do you all keep the motivation ???

im gonna take measurements of my waist and thighs and arms , chest etc tonight and print out a colour photo of me and stick it on the fridge in the hope that from today i know my size and hopefully ( no i will see ) a reduction in inches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

im gonna take measurements of my waist and thighs and arms , chest etc tonight and print out a colour photo of me and stick it on the fridge in the hope that from today i know my size and hopefully ( no i will see ) a reduction in inches

I think its the non scale achievements do it for me.

Clothes fitting better...weather its getting down a size, getting the belt a little tighter, or fitting back into something you never you would.

And being able to do things I never thought I'd see my self doing. Like yesterday I did a charity walk, only a small one, 8k but I was able to do it pretty comfortably and keep up with the main bulk of the people. No way in hell I would have even wanted to do that before ww....let alone be ABLE for it.

I just feel healthier...so that kinda keeps me wanting to sticking to what i'm doing. Sleeping better, have more energy. I've even found these days I'm watching WAAAAAAY less tv. Cos I'm up around the house doing things... instead of sitting on my ass complaining about how my clothes dont fit.

I even enjoy the fact I can create seriously delish meals....which are healthy low in fat and pp

Getting back horse riding is my big motivation. I know the one way its going to happen is if i lose weight...It used to be a MASSIVE part of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I've completely lost it this week. I think I need to give up alochol. I go totally overboard with shots and stuff and then the next day I'm hanging and I eat rubbish. Going on the dry seems like the best option, for a while at least. My wallet will thank me for it.

Im skipping my class tomorrow (I know, I know) but I can't face being up again and I want a week of detox to get some control back. If I see a gain I'm likely to give up with the way I feel at the moment. It's just been a really crappy week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I've completely lost it this week. I think I need to give up alochol. I go totally overboard with shots and stuff and then the next day I'm hanging and I eat rubbish. Going on the dry seems like the best option, for a while at least. My wallet will thank me for it.

Im skipping my class tomorrow (I know, I know) but I can't face being up again and I want a week of detox to get some control back. If I see a gain I'm likely to give up with the way I feel at the moment. It's just been a really crappy week.

I have temporarily given up alcohol! I find it plays havoc with my weight loss,between shots etc and chipper after and eating crap next day! I have been out the last 2 weekends and drove out, once i was out a while i settled in and felt grand and it didn't bother me that i wasn't drinking. I am below weight watchers goal now and just going a little further for a personal goal so i think it may be a confidence thing too! I have way more confidence in myself! I will be able to drink again once i am maintaining and can control it as opposed to having to loose every week! ;)

lainy I am the same, horses were my life in my teens and up on till a couple of years a go, loved it! still have my cob at home in my dads but its a goal of mine to get back in to it! my DS wants a pony :eek: he wants me to teach him how to ride as well some day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Another thing to do is if you like getting takeout delivered burn all your takeaway menus, then there less chance of ordering one. I used the photo trick i had a old passport photo when I was at my bigest i got blown up to a4 size and stuck it on the fridge, it does help

I found this while looking up recipes might come in handy, you enter in the ingredients and it gives you the nutritional value! http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

It can be difficult to keep yourself motivated all the time. But I see this as a lifestyle change, I'm not going back to my old ways.
    The satisfaction from producing a lovely home cooked meal, that tastes so much better than a take-away
    Clothes fitting better (my kildare jersey wouldn't go near my last year. Looked better than even two years ago when I tried it on yesterday, I done a dance around the house :))
    Compliments and being able to walk into any clothes shop (but especially Penny's!) :D

I think everyone needs to find their own motivation though. And not just doing it "because".
    Like yesterday I did a charity walk, only a small one, 8k but I was able to do it pretty comfortably and keep up with the main bulk of the people.

8k is not a small walk!
    Micki wrote: »
    I have temporarily given up alcohol!
    Me too, but for health reasons rather than weight loss. Don't go out every weekend and wasn't a heavy drinker so I don't really mind. But the boyfriend can't drink coz of a medical condition so we look like the meanest couple in town, sitting there sipping pints of water!ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

motivation?

I feel better, clothes falling off me, people comment on how well I look, increased ability to excersise, .....

And the fact that I've lost an average of 2LBS a week for 15weeks now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

hey folks,

had sandwich at lunch and it came with crisps on the side! I gave most of them away but ate a small handful, any idea how many pp's i should track for them?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

I recently bought the new WW cookbook with Asian-type recipes. Can't remember the exact name of it but have made a couple of them - they were really easy and very tasty, so would recommend that one if you like spicy food, stir frys, etc.

Made chicken teryaki the other day and it was lovely.

Will post up the recipe this evening if anybody's interested.

I'm not at all into cooking and don't think I've ever followed a recipe in my life...but really was easy and tasty.

I'd like that please

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hey guys need a lil help got stuck babysitting for my bro so only getting home now haven't eaten anything except porridge all day so hubby suggested chipper Im trying to be as good as poss this wk bu thought I'd make a wrap when I get in and have a few chipper chips anyone know how I'd point them? Like would anyone know shay 100g is I can weigh them when I get in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Feeling soooo bloated today, and I don't know why. I drank loads of water today, but I do admit I neglected it seriously over the weekend even with the 12k of walking (between 2 days). Maybe thats it.

Stepped on the scales (I know I know) and it shows me as up a few pounds!!! How can that be!!! Has really annoyed me now because I was reasonably good, ate all my weeklies but walked both days on the weekend and didnt eat much crap at all, bar a few treats like. WI tomorrow (different WI than normal) and if I am up, i'm going to be so p*ssed off and demotivated. :( ugh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement