Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Popping to shop in a bit to pick mine up - people have mentioned this can be rooted easily enough - can someone advise on this? I have a small number of apps backed up in Titanium that I want to restore, plus I want to install adblocker.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Having an issue with internet since upgrading, wifi works fine but cannot get 3g working. With 48 and had settings sent to the phone, saved and confirmed. Rebooted phone and made sure data roaming was enabled. Still no joy. Checked in APN and all seems to be ok.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit ..... all sorted. Done factory reset and got settings sent again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dulpit wrote: »
    Popping to shop in a bit to pick mine up - people have mentioned this can be rooted easily enough - can someone advise on this? I have a small number of apps backed up in Titanium that I want to restore, plus I want to install adblocker.

Any help is greatly appreciated...
    Google "wondershare mobilego". It has a one click root feature. Rooted in seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Google "wondershare mobilego". It has a one click root feature. Rooted in seconds

Didn't root VSU6, tried various 1 click root applications to no avail.

Didn't feel comfortable to progress ore advanced methods of root.

dahat wrote: »
    Didn't root VSU6, tried various 1 click root applications to no avail.

Didn't feel comfortable to progress ore advanced methods of root.

When it fails does it ask for you to allow remote debugging beforehand? Might be worth installing android adb drivers on your of and trying again. May not make a difference but worth a try if you really want root.

• Advertisement

When it fails does it ask for you to allow remote debugging beforehand? Might be worth installing android adb drivers on your of and trying again. May not make a difference but worth a try if you really want root.

Bloody ads on Boards is driving me to root access really.

Downloading wondershare now. Fingers crossed.

Hurrrmmm...

Tried that one-click root. It said it worked on the windows app. But phone seems to disagree :-)

Will have to go the old fashioned route I suppose, XDA here I come...

Installed the ADB DRIVERS and got root suucces message but it loses it as soon as. when i gi to update the SU binary it gives message it needs rooting/manual rooting.

Re. the Turkish 5.1.0 update - does someone (a) have a link and (b) a brief set of instructions on how to install?

• Advertisement

Installed the ADB DRIVERS and got root suucces message but it loses it as soon as. when i gi to update the SU binary it gives message it needs rooting/manual rooting.

So when you click on update normally it fails?

dulpit wrote: »
    Hurrrmmm...

Tried that one-click root. It said it worked on the windows app. But phone seems to disagree :-)

Will have to go the old fashioned route I suppose, XDA here I come...
    Did you update the su binary? Did it allow?

So when you click on update normally it fails?

Yeah and asks to reboot to try again. Mobile Go does now root the phone it just won't stay rooted.

Some users in the UK have received the 5.1.1 update according to XDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Anyone had issues connecting to their pc via usb?
    If I plug in the usb cable the phone charges, but I dont get any option to connect it for transferring files, windows doesnt even notice its connected. Any insight would be grateful

Never mind, got it sorted. Hadnt seen the option when you go into settings>storage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

UK 5.1.1 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Already have the Oneplus One but I am tempted. Worth pulling the trigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

GvidoR wrote: »
    UK 5.1.1 is out

Any advantage over the Turkey 5.1?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Jlayay wrote: »
    Already have the Oneplus One but I am tempted. Worth pulling the trigger?

It's a great phone. But if your one plus is working fine I can't see the point. Thus is not a flagship device after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

My moto g is getting repaired as I couldn't turn it on. So I think it maybe time to get a new phone...would this one be much better or around the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

My moto g is getting repaired as I couldn't turn it on. So I think it maybe time to get a new phone...would this one be much better or around the same?

It's a lovely phone. I'm coming from a Moto G as well which is also a great phone. The big advantage for me is the size. I found myself squinting at the screen on the Moto G. This is lovely and clear. It's also very light. I've only had it a few days and had it unlocked and it's a joy to use!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Anyone know to turn it into a complete stock phone without all the Vodafone jazz on it?

GeneralC wrote: »
    Anyone know to turn it into a complete stock phone without all the Vodafone jazz on it?

Uninstall and or disable the apps. You need root then to change/remove boot animation in /system/media.

pissed wrote:
    Any advantage over the Turkey 5.1?

Haven't tried either myself. Will just look for feedback from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

It's better. The speakers are probably not as good as the Moto G but it's faster, lighter (believe it or not), has a better battery and the extra internal space is much appreciated if you have a squillion apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Uninstall and or disable the apps. You need root then to change/remove boot animation in /system/media.

For a non-technical person, how is this possible?:)

Tap and hold an app and then drag it over to "uninstall"

For apps that can't be uninstalled go into settings > apps, tap on the app and then "disable"

For the boot animation you may not need to root (see 1st post). Haven't tried yet myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Is it really worth rooting just to get rid of a boot animation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Is it really worth rooting just to get rid of a boot animation?

Personal Choice, the boot logo doesn't really annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Bloody ads on Boards is driving me to root access really.

The are driving me mad too. Probably be worth rooting to get rid of them alone.

Advertisement