Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

You'll get more money for your coins if you wait till TOTS time, probably a good idea.

Bertser wrote: »
    You'll get more money for your coins if you wait till TOTS time, probably a good idea.

How does that work, I'd have thought it was always a sliding scale as the months passed and the prices of players dropped.

Does that mean the coin sites up their prices again at that point?.

If we're talking even E2 per 100k, I wouldn't be that bothered.

As of now, E20 is a grand figure for the lot.... wouldn't be fussed holding out for say E28-E30.

Thanks for the feedback though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

I made another run on this lately and packed it in last week.

Can't stand the cheesy momentum any more, seems I get it 10 times more than normal seasons or else it's just 10 times stronger so harder to overcome :mad::pac:

Sold the lot, so selling the coins on the cheap if any one is interested.
    Will top any site selling them, E5 seems beyond what anyone offers so if anyone wants 100k for E5 let me know.... ill make the bids 105 to take the 5% allowance out.

Have about 400k(I traded/won that in about 2 weeks :eek:)

Id be tempted to buy 200k off you or something like that :)?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

I made another run on this lately and packed it in last week.

Can't stand the cheesy momentum any more, seems I get it 10 times more than normal seasons or else it's just 10 times stronger so harder to overcome :mad::pac:

Sold the lot, so selling the coins on the cheap if any one is interested.
    Will top any site selling them, E5 seems beyond what anyone offers so if anyone wants 100k for E5 let me know.... ill make the bids 105 to take the 5% allowance out.

Have about 400k(I traded/won that in about 2 weeks :eek:)

Xbox or ps

gotthebug wrote: »
    Xbox or ps

Sorry... Xbox.

• Advertisement

ah im ps. Oh well.

ah im ps. Oh well.

No worries.

I've 200k going to Kells so there's 200k left.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

How does that work, I'd have thought it was always a sliding scale as the months passed and the prices of players dropped.

Does that mean the coin sites up their prices again at that point?.

If we're talking even E2 per 100k, I wouldn't be that bothered.

As of now, E20 is a grand figure for the lot.... wouldn't be fussed holding out for say E28-E30.

Thanks for the feedback though. :)

They up the price they're willing to pay for coins during busy periods, because there is so much demand for coins to buy packs in the hopes of getting TOTS cards. Think I sold mine for about £7 per 100k last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

<snip>

Mod note

Dont post about that again.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Anyone else getting disconnected a lot lately? I'm with upc and playing on ps3. What seems to be happening a lot is after the game has finished, it signs me out of the ea servers, only to sign back in and tell me I've disconnected, given me 3-0 defeat and in turn reducing my dnf modifier. It's extremely annoying because it's happening like once in every 4-5 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Anyone else getting disconnected a lot lately? I'm with upc and playing on ps3. What seems to be happening a lot is after the game has finished, it signs me out of the ea servers, only to sign back in and tell me I've disconnected, given me 3-0 defeat and in turn reducing my dnf modifier. It's extremely annoying because it's happening like once in every 4-5 games
    I've noticed that a fair few times. It's happened to me when I leave the game inactive after a match. Say for example I leave the console alone for 10 mins, come back and start a new game. The match plays as normal but get disconnected after the game is over and it's extremely frustrating if you won the match. So my tip is that if you leave the console idle for more than 5-10 mins, restart the game and you'll have no more disconnections.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone got suggestions for a good Irish team? Going to start building one to give myself a challange; had one last year and had fun with it. When I'd win, the rage induced would be funny, seeing Keane, Long et al beat Ronaldo :P

Would appreciate tactics suggestions, like a good formation :)

Anyone got suggestions for a good Irish team? Going to start building one to give myself a challange; had one last year and had fun with it. When I'd win, the rage induced would be funny, seeing Keane, Long et al beat Ronaldo :P

Would appreciate tactics suggestions, like a good formation :)

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/10023188/

How about this?

If you could exclude coleman, a 3-5-2 may be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Getting really sick of this game...coming up against 80 rated teams against my spanish 85 rated team and getting hammered.
    Nothing I'm doing, its just my entire team turn into a team of spastics who can't pass the ball, defenders fall over themselves while trying to get a ball and I had Ramos automatically header the ball into his own net even though he was under no pressure whatsoever and I was aiming away from goals...missus thought I was going to throw the controller through the tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Blazer wrote: »
    Getting really sick of this game...coming up against 80 rated teams against my spanish 85 rated team and getting hammered.
    Nothing I'm doing, its just my entire team turn into a team of spastics who can't pass the ball, defenders fall over themselves while trying to get a ball and I had Ramos automatically header the ball into his own net even though he was under no pressure whatsoever and I was aiming away from goals...missus thought I was going to throw the controller through the tv

Yep the game is fixed Clubs,Co Op Seasons and amazing and H2H is still decent
    but FUT is soo broken beyond repair and it's tailored towards the lowest common denominator sad really long gone are the days of Gears 1 & 2 GTA4 and Halo 2 and 3.

I had Ronaldo there a month ago and while he was incredible my team turned into paralyzed baby turtles(granted I didn't have a great team) and ofc the opponent would always violently rape the A and RB button when Ronaldo got the ball, I think the only team I won most of my games with was a 4321 with Robben Eto and Hazard anyone with low dribbling or bad turning is just going to get broken up by Kaboul and his friends.This fifa is basically some form of Destruction Derby and American Football rolled into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Jeez, you have to feel sorry for some folk. Just beat a guy with TOTY Ramos, Thiago Silva, Alves and Ibrahomivic and three IF players with my average gold team..... was 2-1 up and he brings in Bale and Ronaldo. There is some hours of Fifa or money put in to get that and he's stuck in division four lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Liamalone wrote: »
    Jeez, you have to feel sorry for some folk. Just beat a guy with TOTY Ramos, Thiago Silva, Alves and Ibrahomivic and three IF players with my average gold team..... was 2-1 up and he brings in Bale and Ronaldo. There is some hours of Fifa or money put in to get that and he's stuck in division four lol

No wonder he is stuck in division 4 with that defence. Toty or not alves, silva and Ramos will concede so many headers, not to mention alves and Ramos will never be in position due to their work rates.

I tried that pairing at centre back for a while and nearly lost my mind.

Parawind wrote: »
    No wonder he is stuck in division 4 with that defence. Toty or not alves, silva and Ramos will concede so many headers, not to mention alves and Ramos will never be in position due to their work rates.

I tried that pairing at centre back for a while and nearly lost my mind.

Won 3-2 and I think two were headers and one rocket, his first was an abomination of an own goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I took a break from fifa and started getting back into lately. I think this morning iv finally decided to pack it in after seeing far too much bull****. The momentum in UT makes it too frustrating to even bother playing. I don't know how people throw money into buying packs when the gameplay is basically scripted.

I took a break from fifa and started getting back into lately. I think this morning iv finally decided to pack it in after seeing far too much bull****. The momentum in UT makes it too frustrating to even bother playing. I don't know how people throw money into buying packs when the gameplay is basically scripted.

Its a joke how much more of a problem it is compared to Seasons.

My UT seasons record was terrible compared to my Seasons.

It was about 1 win for 1 draw or loss every two games while I'd have about a 5:1 for a loss in regular seasons.

I've never had bad teams in UT(though nobody over 100k) so the slight quality difference shouldn't equate to such a wild swing in form.

Sold my coins off again for a second time this year, it's beyond frustrating to sit playing a game where you can't do anything to change things and gets me angrier than any other game. :mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement

How people can field a team of SEVEN legends and a TOTY player I dunno, must be some rich, sad people about. Tis great beating them though :)

Been playing with my main team that I have spent a long time tinkering with and got into a bit of a rut with them today.

I spent 10 minutes and put together a dirt cheap Italian team and am now on a 5 game winning streak and playing much better football, go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Parawind wrote: »
    Been playing with my main team that I have spent a long time tinkering with and got into a bit of a rut with them today.

I spent 10 minutes and put together a dirt cheap Italian team and am now on a 5 game winning streak and playing much better football, go figure.

Yeah. I've seen your team so I have no problem believing that. Having TOTY Messi and TOTY Ronaldo and TOTY Ibra up front causes those ruts. Its nothing to do with you. It's the players. They are too good.

You need to sub them out for Bendtner. Then you will start winning again :P

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah. I've seen your team so I have no problem believing that. Having TOTY Messi and TOTY Ronaldo and TOTY Ibra up front causes those ruts. Its nothing to do with you. It's the players. They are too good.

You need to sub them out for Bendtner. Then you will start winning again :P

Trust me there is something to it. Ironically in one of my 5 games I played a guy with ronaldo and Ibrahimovic. I was never in any danger and won easily. I know one game is hardly a much to go by. However I have found that I played much better without those players then with them.

Maybe it's just that they don't feel the need to be on ultra def, high pressure all the time against this team but there is something going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I find its formation based. I see it constantly on twitch. People want or get these great legends or TOTY players and then go about shoe horning them in and have to switch to formations they dont like because of it.

I've seen your god team playing 3-5-2....and it's no point in having the best players around if you don't play well with the formation. Got to be honest , I've never seen you play that in all our years. It seems like you went with it because you wanted to fit everyone in.

Pick the formation first and the players second.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Opened 10 15k packs. 2nd pack, TOTS Susaeta. 7th pack in form Spasic. 10th pack, TOTS Matic. Not too bad

Kirby wrote: »
    I find its formation based. I see it constantly on twitch. People want or get these great legends or TOTY players and then go about shoe horning them in and have to switch to formations they dont like because of it.

I've seen your god team playing 3-5-2....and it's no point in having the best players around if you don't play well with the formation. Got to be honest , I've never seen you play that in all our years. It seems like you went with it because you wanted to fit everyone in.

Pick the formation first and the players second.

Actually I didn't change formation to fit in players, I swapped as I find that full backs will cost you back post headers way too often and found that 352 is a pretty decent system. But I have also tried a number of other systems with different players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Stupid 15k packs and stupid tired me.

I thought because the 15k packs were all blue for TOTS, that you were guaranteed one. I'm thinking please be Rooney, okay Cahill will do. What comes up. Lucas fcuking Leiva.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Been using this team:
    67aea7d1e9cd1b2b3a2c5c575ebc2488.png

Is very fun. Hadn't been on in a week though, go to check TOTW today and saw its TOTY and my team value has plummeted :(

Would highly recommend CAM Rodriguez now that hes dirt cheap though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Stupid 15k packs and stupid tired me.

I thought because the 15k packs were all blue for TOTS, that you were guaranteed one. I'm thinking please be Rooney, okay Cahill will do. What comes up. Lucas fcuking Leiva.

They're ridiculous. Best I got was a 78 rated german defender with 52 pace :pac:

Advertisement