Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I hope the legends stay in it. It really isn't hard to make coins To buy them. Identify a player, buy up ****loads, pricelock.

Start low. One of my mates was making 30-50k a day buying Monreal for 300-350 and selling him off for around 450-500. 60/70 each listing.

Takes no more than 20-30 mins to buy up that amount of a player and then list them. 3/4 times a day and you are earning good coin. Then move onto bigger players.

I said earlier that I was selling UP Alaba a lot. I buy 4 or 5 of him for around 11/12k a piece and sell for 14k. Gone within the first listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive found people who have expensive players are usually pretty bad not the other way round.

Pretty much this for me.

Although there are of course exceptions, when I see someone with all in-forms or legends or whatever, I'm expecting them to be average at the game because they felt the need to buy the best possible players to make it easier. When I build a team I need guys who can perform, but my Premier League team's most expensive player is I think Sturrdige who cost 3k. They all do the job.

And also, when I am playing in Division 1 and I see a guy with non-rare players or run of the mill guys, I know he will be decent because he got there with an average squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have a pretty nice team below and I was still getting beat by the spammers.
    Found a video which showed me how to defend against them and now I'm winning about 90% of my games.
    I find the matches against them you need total concentration against them to grind out the wins and to be honest even though I love beating the prícks I don't enjoy it as much. Came up against a guy who actually played extremely well with no noob moves and I slaughtered him 6-1.
    I actually felt sorry for him as the scripting for my goals was a joke.
    One my IF Pedro (LM) crossed from the corner flag and the keeper palmed it into his own net while I was still looking for the ball to shoot at goal.
    I'd prefer to lose a match playing an enjoyable game against someone skilled rather than grinding against the over the top spammers. I wouldn't mind but if I did it myself I'd tear them apart with the pace my players have.

Casillas/Alves/Ramos/Pique/Alba/IF PEdro/Alonso/DiMaria/Iniesta/Benzema/Neymar
    Subs: Pepe/Varnanes/Sanchez/Costa (84)/
    IF Griezeman/Villa/Fabregas/Isco/Marcelo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I hope the legends stay in it. It really isn't hard to make coins To buy them. Identify a player, buy up ****loads, pricelock.

Start low. One of my mates was making 30-50k a day buying Monreal for 300-350 and selling him off for around 450-500. 60/70 each listing.

Takes no more than 20-30 mins to buy up that amount of a player and then list them. 3/4 times a day and you are earning good coin. Then move onto bigger players.

I said earlier that I was selling UP Alaba a lot. I buy 4 or 5 of him for around 11/12k a piece and sell for 14k. Gone within the first listing.

I know that sounds grand, but I never know how to identify such a player tbh.

Do you stick with PL players or what? I wouldn't want to buy 1000 Bebe cards and find I'm stuck with them :P

I know that sounds grand, but I never know how to identify such a player tbh.

Do you stick with PL players or what? I wouldn't want to buy 1000 Bebe cards and find I'm stuck with them :P

I've only been playing a month so I'm not exactly an expert, but you need to identify players that you regularly come up against and see what kind of prices they go for. I started with Diego Lopez, loads of lower level players use him and loads of people put him up at discard price. Sell him for 1000, 1100 BIN and you're good to go. He's fairly price locked at this point so it's just an example.

I was keeping an eye on UP Boateng and UP Alaba for my Bundesliga team and noticed major discrepancies in price. I suspect that it's because when people use the compare price filter, they only see the non updated version so try to price competitively relative to this. Funnily with Alaba, I was selling to the price lockers, rather than to legitimate buyers, as he is now almost completely price-locked to the 15k bracket and I was selling at 14k.

Always use BIN and keep it close to the actual price. The extra coins will pay the EA tax. But above all else, look for trends and areas with price gaps when scouting a player that you want to use yourself. If you get him cheap, sell him on, then buy again for a little more. If you notice a gap, buy up loads and price-lock.

Just bought SIF Aubameyang. Officially a pace-monger :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Hey guys, im willing to give 20k UT coins for some unlockables from the EA FC store

lvl 41 (or around this defensive online pro boost)
    Online pro boosts lvl 61+ - top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Hey guys, im willing to give 20k UT coins for some unlockables from the EA FC store

What console ya on

What console ya on

Oops

Yeah im on xbox 360. Shoulda mentioned that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Oops

Yeah im on xbox 360. Shoulda mentioned that

Soz on the ps4 myself. Few 360 lads in here tho anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Add me, think I'm up to level 70ish

• Advertisement

Some issues with the transfer market so EA has given everyone 2 gold packs (all rares)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Items in pack are untradeable. Annoying because i got 2 decent packs

Items in pack are untradeable. Annoying because i got 2 decent packs

Tell me you didn't get Bale or Reus?

Best I got was Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Best I got was Bender ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Tell me you didn't get Bale or Reus?

Best I got was Villa.

thank god i didn't. better than usual packs, Thiago Silva and Sergio Ramos

best thing about all these free packs, ill never need to buy a contract again

I think if I got someone like Bale or Ronaldo in a free pack I'd never enjoy them knowing I couldn't sell. Guy on Reddit got Pele untradeable. :pac:

Won DIV 3 there tonight so decided to buy a pack with the extra coins. IF Naldo. I have a Bundesliga team but never considered using him before. I swear the 7.5k packs are where I get my best luck. Aguero, Reus, IF Naldo, Jese, UP Sturridge and Thiago Silva just from randomly opening them when I get a few extra coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Got Neymar in one of my free packs :D

Guess I'll be building around him!

Edit: Got Felipe Santana and Julio Cesar in the other free pack so I guess it's a sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

My best player was Muriel.

Fking Muriel

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Got Neymar in one of my free packs :D

Guess I'll be building around him!

Edit: Got Felipe Santana and Julio Cesar in the other free pack so I guess it's a sign!

Nice one. Build a Braskillian squad and skill your way to wins.

Selling second IF Aubameyang. I can't handle that much pace with 3 star skills and average dribbling. Gonna sell him and Aguero and buy Robben.

Wasn't aware there was another few free packs until logging in today for the first time in nearly two days.

Got an IF, but he's some gammy Russian League 80 CAM so not much good.
    Also got Balotelli in that same pack, then 2/3 crap players in the second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Got Benteke and Huntelaar in my two packs, fairly disappointing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Got Ramos and Jordi Alba. Built a Spanish/Italian hybrid.

Buffon
    Abate Cheilini Ramos Jordi Alba
    Cuadrado Vidal Marchisio/Hernanes El Sheraway/Mertens
    Tevez/Di Natale Balotelli

I'm in Div 4 but going to try get to Div 1 and then go for a German team with Robben/Lewandowski and Reus!

Shanee. wrote: »
    Got Ramos and Jordi Alba. Built a Spanish/Italian hybrid.

Buffon
    Abate Cheilini Ramos Jordi Alba
    Cuadrado Vidal Marchisio/Hernanes El Sheraway/Mertens
    Tevez/Di Natale Balotelli

I'm in Div 4 but going to try get to Div 1 and then go for a German team with Robben/Lewandowski and Reus!

frakking german teams...everyone I've met with it just plays over the top so I need to be more defensive and play more negatively ...hate those games even though I win most of them.
    Now if I could just stop my 14 month old son from turning off the xbox in the middle of games I'm winning...I've been relegated 4 times because of him.
    New TV unit definitely on the list to buy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Brazilian squad all the way, for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭klose

The god damn ****ing kick off glitch! I seem to be coming up against the worst players for it lately, even with chasing back with the cbs off screen its no use. Nearly flung the controller off the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I got Jagielka and Scocco in my free packs........... My luck is clearly in

klose wrote: »
    The god damn ****ing kick off glitch! I seem to be coming up against the worst players for it lately, even with chasing back with the cbs off screen its no use. Nearly flung the controller off the tv.

It's pure rubbish tbh.

If you push the CB back too far you lose control of him and the keeper automatically comes out.
    If they connect it's likely to roll in.

Had another crucial one the last day, 2-0 up and he gets a direct goal from Mertesacker.
    I pushed the CB back and once I got to the edge of the box I decided to stand as if the keeper touches him you're in trouble, I then double tapped Y to bring the goalie back to his goal.... CB just auto controlled back and clashed with the goalie and it bounced in.
    He got a second then and got back into the game over it, managed to win 4-2 but in previous games it was crucial.

Just shows how over effective the LB + Y is when a player can smash a ball over 70 yards to the strikers toe(it should go short, long, out for a throw and anywhere more consistently than to the strikers toe) from the KO and how little they play test the game.

''The dribbling is too unrealistic, let's tear it apart and make it ineffective..... lofted through balls?, ah sure they're fine, we changed them in FIFA 07, no need to do it again''

Seriously considering skipping 15 if things don't change drastically, I just can't stand 14 any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anyone looking to trade PC coins for Xbox or vice versa?

(Assuming this is allowed)

Just moved to ps4 last week and built this bad boy (from scratch as you cant transfer coins from 360 - ps4 :/

Lopez
    Juanfran Miranda (i cant remember, but cheap haha) Coentrao
    Isco Song Modric (Koke and Herrera as subs)

Sanchez - Costa (84) - Dos Santos (Griezeman 82 sub)

Anyone think how I can improve this?

I dont have any coins atm, but switching Costa for Benzema is a must as the High defensive work rate is driving me mad.

maybe Alba for Coentrao, then players like Ramos and Alves.

Ill never afford Ronaldo / Messi so im not bothered about them.

• Advertisement

I made another run on this lately and packed it in last week.

Can't stand the cheesy momentum any more, seems I get it 10 times more than normal seasons or else it's just 10 times stronger so harder to overcome :mad::pac:

Sold the lot, so selling the coins on the cheap if any one is interested.
    Will top any site selling them, E5 seems beyond what anyone offers so if anyone wants 100k for E5 let me know.... ill make the bids 105 to take the 5% allowance out.

Have about 400k(I traded/won that in about 2 weeks :eek:)

Advertisement