Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

syklops wrote: »
    I doubt it. As much as I like Beth, Craigs rat has more emotional intelligence than her. This could be a pivotal storyline for Craig who hasn't had any good storylines yet, and who tracey made some disparaging comments about. He also doesn't have any friends on the street. If he spills the beans he might become more popular.

He had a couple of short scenes there a few months back, can't remember if it was to do with Kirk's turkeys or something else. I thought he was a pretty talented actor, I'd like to see more of him.

The Street needs more people in his age group, though knowing the writers obsession with repetition they'll just introduce a new family of Battersby's with "......some gobby kids who will shake the Street to it's cobblestones......." etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

What's the craic with the Eileen and Paul storyline??

I assume it's got to do with her anxiety about him going back to work - but where do they plan on taking it??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Wouldn't you think Maria would've asked Marcus if his friends knew about them before they went to the wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I'm enjoying the wedding scenes,I like the wedding couple :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lol Deirdre singing Rihanna!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Ah ffs Dev , give it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I was never a fan of Tina but feeling sorry for her now having these feelings for baby Jake

highly1111 wrote: »
    What's the craic with the Eileen and Paul storyline??

I assume it's got to do with her anxiety about him going back to work - but where do they plan on taking it??

When a reporter shows up on Eileen and Paul's doorstep with the boy Paul saved and his mum, it's news to Eileen. She's shocked to hear about the dangerous fire but she's touched by Paul's heroism.

So maybe she'll let up on the worrying when she realises his job can also save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Long time lurker here, love to read the gossip and comments!

I felt the need to comment on the background Rovers music lately. Has nobody noticed that it's 60's music? Or did I miss an explanation? I actually don't even recall if there was music before the fire at this stage though.

Was also a little annoyed by the scene with gobby Sophie being questioned by Dev tonight , I mean, since when can she not stand up for herself? Or was it that Dev was supposed to be acting crazy but unfortunately the actor's acting is just too bad and he just appears to be normal to the viewers?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Dev is so bad that he's brilliant! don't be at him! :D

550w_corrie_dev.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh God, that photo is creepy :pac:

I dreamt the other night that I was having an affair with him :o

Ann22 was soooooo jealous :D

(Obviously you lot were in my dreams too..I need to get out more :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

mb1725 wrote: »
    Dev is so bad that he's brilliant! don't be at him! :D

550w_corrie_dev.jpg

Hahahaha! Omg wot a corny photo...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just watched 3 episodes there now. Wtf is the story with tiny Paul's shifts?? The other morn he arrived home at 6.30 - remember Norris out sweeping the pavement? So I'd assume that's his shift finishing time...but how come other time's he's arrived home, half the street's chatting to Eileen as he arrives home for breakfast and a roll in the bed with his big orange lady? Why are they all up so early?

How come by the time the wedding was in full swing, Eileen and Deirdre were hammered and clearly it was still daytime?

Them gay individuals pist me off tonight hassling Marcus about his new relationship. It's none of their business what Marcus is shagging... man, woman or beast (unless it's a small beast, then that would be cruel:()..cheeky bstards:mad:.. Maria is looking well post boob job. Did yiz all know that titbit of goss? Yup, Samia wotsherface has been increased to a DD cup.

Poor, poor Tina. How must she be feeling? Izzy and Gary are so annoying. This story reminds me of the Mary Beth Whitehead surrogacy story..if any of you remember it:(.

I laughed at drunk Deirdre's comment on the pot pourri 'don't worry, I didn't eat it'. What about Bill Roach headlined in the papers today..He's been charged. Saddened to hear that, hope he's cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Must admit I wasn't looking at Maria's chest, was inspecting her tache instead! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Aaaaarrrrrrgh I CANNOT stand Karl!!! He needs to be found out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Ann22 wrote: »
    Maria is looking well post boob job. Did yiz all know that titbit of goss? Yup, Samia wotsherface has been increased to a DD cup.

Titbit

No pun intended I presume :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

leahyl wrote: »
    Lol Deirdre singing Rihanna!

Loved that. And the scene between her and Eileen was pure comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What is it with Dev and that flaming trench coat? He looks like a paedo or a flasher.........:p.It looks like he would open his coat on the street to reveal his todger...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

We need more episodes like that "put on Adele it'll make him leave"

I really like Maria's character. She's my woman crush but I really don't like her real life persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Has no one on Corrie ever heard of bisexuality?! Why does Marcus have to be straight or gay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

jimmyw wrote: »
    What is it with Dev and that flaming trench coat?

It was either that or have him grow a mangy TV Beard of Sorrow™
    Alicat wrote: »
    Has no one on Corrie ever heard of bisexuality?! Why does Marcus have to be straight or gay?

I remember a quote from ages ago from Sean re bisexuality "there's no such thing; it's just called being greedy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Alicat wrote: »

Yeah, I thought that the reaction of the two grooms to Marcus was bizarre. Sure it's a surprise when a person you think has one sexual orientation suddenly reveals that they have another, but I thought that their reaction was borderline nasty. We all know that Sean is jealous of Marcus being with someone else no matter what their sex, but the reaction of the two lads was more than strange.

Paul and Eileen story is badly thought out and very badly scripted, so at this stage it's just boring.

Plus I hate how Corrie just drop storylines like a hot potato for a few days.......last week we had the robbing Rob saga, he then says he'll do something about it, and then all of a sudden not a word from any of them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Red Kev wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought that the reaction of the two grooms to Marcus was bizarre. Sure it's a surprise when a person you think has one sexual orientation suddenly reveals that they have another, but I thought that their reaction was borderline nasty. We all know that Sean is jealous of Marcus being with someone else no matter what their sex, but the reaction of the two lads was more than strange.

Paul and Eileen story is badly thought out and very badly scripted, so at this stage it's just boring.

Plus I hate how Corrie just drop storylines like a hot potato for a few days.......last week we had the robbing Rob saga, he then says he'll do something about it, and then all of a sudden not a word from any of them. :(

What I dont get about the Eileen thing is, why doesnt she just work nights on the nights that Paul works nights. I mean, she works in a taxi office FFS. If she was a hair dresser it might make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

jimmyw wrote: »
    What is it with Dev and that flaming trench coat? He looks like a paedo or a flasher.........:p.It looks like he would open his coat on the street to reveal his todger...:D
    I thought he was doing an impression of Detective Columbo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNjqtyI1k_LOdXfT-SR7TthoB2MHjVSpObIj_pZ9qmY3kZIaSU

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Deirdre said where Ken is suppose to be? Is he taking Eccles on a long walk :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Red Kev wrote: »

They have to come up with filler when they have to delete scenes featuring people arrested on suspicion of being sexual predators! But yes, the Eileen story is woeful...much as I like Eileen I am finding it difficult to care.
    I was hoping that ba-beh Jake would need a blood transfusion and they'd discover that the baby is actually Tommy & Tina's but it doesn't look like that's where it's going.
    Dev's crying is so much fun, sniff, sniff. Not My Sunita, no no because you see My Sunita was a KIND girl, a good girl, my Sunita was not a KILLER do you see...blah blah blah blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

optogirl wrote: »
    They have to come up with filler when they have to delete scenes featuring people arrested on suspicion of being sexual predators! But yes, the Eileen story is woeful...much as I like Eileen I am finding it difficult to care.
    I was hoping that ba-beh Jake would need a blood transfusion and they'd discover that the baby is actually Tommy & Tina's but it doesn't look like that's where it's going.
    Dev's crying is so much fun, sniff, sniff. Not My Sunita, no no because you see My Sunita was a KIND girl, a good girl, my Sunita was not a KILLER do you see...blah blah blah blah.

Devs recent logic seems to be along the lines of she couldn't have started the fire because she always paid her council tax on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

syklops wrote: »
    Devs recent logic seems to be along the lines of she couldn't have started the fire because she always paid her council tax on time.

and she RE CYC LED.... long before it was cool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Dev's detective "acting" is wasted on Corrie, the man would have been at home on the set of Magnum PI.

• Advertisement

Dev's detective "acting" is wasted on Corrie, the man would have been at home on the set of Magnum PI.

What was all the pacing about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement