Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Fitness Band €13.90 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I downloaded the app on ios, however, I can't seem to create an account, keeps telling me the image verification is wrong, despite it not been wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

For a few quid more the sony smartband is the only way to go ....nfc bluetooth and waterproof

The miband has bluetooth (of course) and is waterproof. Also it has a battery life of 30 days and there's a modified app knocking about that has lots of customisation options. One of which is the ability to enable notifications from any app.

The miband has bluetooth (of course) and is waterproof. Also it has a battery life of 30 days and there's a modified app knocking about that has lots of customisation options. One of which is the ability to enable notifications from any app.

where can you get the modified app? what is the name of it?

This.

AND

Here!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Sony one not getting great reviews whereas this one is.
    Stick a NFC sticker to the back of this and hey presto that's covered.!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mine arrived today (ordered from Banggood earlier this month).
    You'll need to set up an account with Xiaomi before using, just a couple of verification steps to confirm details.
    Two modified apps available:
    Non lollipop version with notification support - works fine with one plus one.
    Standard version no notifications but works with lollipop - works fine with nexus devices.

The non notification version of the app works with lollipop smart unlock. Once the band is paired to device you don't need to use pin/pattern to unlock screen.

Now if they can just release a lollipop version with support for notifications!
    http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

I ordered this from last week from an AliExpress seller who, slightly annoyingly, after paying told me that he was on holiday until Jan 5!! :D

Anyway I got impatient and picked up the Sony SWR10 that's €20 in CPW. I suppose I should cancel the order for the Mi Band...the only real difference I can see is the extra battery life that Mi Band claims....correct? I don't suppose anyone else out there has them both and can advise me?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I downloaded the app on ios, however, I can't seem to create an account, keeps telling me the image verification is wrong, despite it not been wrong.

Did you ever get it working? The app still appears in the App Store but won't download for me. Says it's no longer available. :confused:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

adox wrote: »
    Did you ever get it working? The app still appears in the App Store but won't download for me. Says it's no longer available. :confused:

Nope, never allowed me register, kept getting that error, just deleted it in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

mine arrived today,didn't set it up yet but looks decent.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Nope, never allowed me register, kept getting that error, just deleted it in the end

When you registered your mobile number you did use +353 & not 00353 ?

That's where many people are having difficulty.

When you registered your mobile number you did use +353 & not 00353 ?

That's where many people are having difficulty.

This +1. It defaults to wrong option. Manually change it.

I found it easier to create and verify the Xiaomi account in phone than on tablet. You'll need to verify both email and phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »

Should have said that I got the app to download the next day and registered no problem.

Went ahead and ordered the band and got email notification this morning that it had been posted. Now the wait for the arrival.:)

Will give a quick update about the IOS interface and compatibility when its arrived and had it a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Does anybody know if this supports changing track on spotify? I know the Sony one does, but will go for this instead if it can skip tracks in spotify.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Does anybody know if this supports changing track on spotify? I know the Sony one does, but will go for this instead if it can skip tracks in spotify.

Wish I could check for ya but I'm still waiting on mine!

Maybe someone who has it can have a look?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how it could as there's no controls and no display.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how it could as there's no controls and no display.

No not possible to control playlists. As mentioned it does not have the feature/hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Is there anyway to get my RedMi Note (Jellybean) to work this????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

yabadabado wrote: »
    The Sony SWR10 band is much the same and can be used to control spotify. Tap once to start music, tap twice to skip track.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get my RedMi Note (Jellybean) to work this????

I was gonna say update the ROM but there are all based on 4.2 unfortunately.
    http://www.needrom.com/category/xiaomi/redmi-note/

The app does say 4.0 & up but I've seen 4.4 listed elsewhere as a minimum requirement.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiaomi.hm.health&hl=en
    Xiaomi do make both products so you'd think they would be compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I was gonna say update the ROM but there are all based on 4.2 unfortunately.
    http://www.needrom.com/category/xiaomi/redmi-note/

The app does say 4.0 & up but I've seen 4.4 listed elsewhere as a minimum requirement.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiaomi.hm.health&hl=en
    Xiaomi do make both products so you'd think they would be compatible.

You'd think so, as the S1 before the Note is compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

its 4.4 and up unfortunately.

anybody got their miband from gearbest yet?
    I ordered it Dec 27th.
    They didn't managed to dispatch until Jan 7 which is very poor in terms of processing time, even for these chinese sites.
    Still hasn't arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

glasso wrote: »
    anybody got their miband from gearbest yet?
    I ordered it Dec 27th.
    They didn't managed to dispatch until Jan 7 which is very poor in terms of processing time, even for these chinese sites.
    Still hasn't arrived.

Working under the assumption you went for the free 'slow' delivery... It can take up to three to four weeks for delivery (that includes the slow dispatch). That's what I and others found before Christmas with the Landvo deal.

Use their tracking number for its purpose to find it out where she is.

I used the "slow" delivery and it took 2 days shy of 5 weeks to arrive.I would advise anyone thinking about buying this to pay the extra for the NL post(I think its a dollar).I ordered another item form gearbest using NL post on xmas day and it arrived on the 12 January .

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I order this on Sunday, paid the extra 1.99 for a tracking number, and got a notification to say it was dispatched yesterday. Tracking no.still not showing any info yet, other than dispatched. Hoping it doesn't take a month to arrive anyway!

racersedge wrote: »
    Working under the assumption you went for the free 'slow' delivery... It can take up to three to four weeks for delivery (that includes the slow dispatch). That's what I and others found before Christmas with the Landvo deal.

Use their tracking number for its purpose to find it out where she is.

I paid for singpost I think - is that 'slow' one?

hdl wrote: »
    I order this on Sunday, paid the extra 1.99 for a tracking number, and got a notification to say it was dispatched yesterday. Tracking no.still not showing any info yet, other than dispatched. Hoping it doesn't take a month to arrive anyway!
    If you used NL post option I dont think it shows up until it arrives in Holland.You will have it within 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    I paid for singpost I think - is that 'slow' one?
    the slow one is free,so looks like you paid for a quicker option.

Advertisement