Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I'm still not switching for a good while yet, nothing has changed there.

I'm fully expecting you to turn up on launch day with a ps4 tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon.

I get back from the states on Wed Morning of the 19th so will be fighting jet lag in order to get a full day of this in before going back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Comparison Video released between PS3 & PS4. The new detail on the cars is UNREAL! The speedometer actually works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

First person view actually looks really natural vs what I was expecting, but how will I be able see that my trevor is bare chested covered and tattoos and rocking a lumber jack beard and pee stained trackies :confused: :pac:, always found it weird to see videos where Michael and franklin were clean shaved :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dear Rockstar and my fellow Boardsies,

I'm so sorry for being such an arse when the delay in the PC release was announced.

I have seen the truth that is GTA in First Person Mode. EVERYTHING is forgiven. I am so happy about this that I can't even think about how much fun I'm going to have with this game in first person mode, with proper mouse and keyboard support.

Lots of love,

Shiminay.

PS: I'm sorry again.

PPS: I really can't wait :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Feel bad for PC gamers who always have to wait but this is waiting on another level!

Anyway pre ordered this nice and cheap on the US PSN a few weeks back and with the latest trailer I cannot wait. All my PS3 GTA friends (personal and online) are upgrading to the PS4. It's going to be mental :D

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Where's the best place to get a ps4 these days, price wise? Most places I see are €400 just for the console n bits, €450 gta5 bundle. I did see a "shop" advertise on adverts for €300 but I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jackrussel wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get a ps4 these days, price wise? Most places I see are €400 just for the console n bits, €450 gta5 bundle. I did see a "shop" advertise on adverts for €300 but I dunno.

I have a friend selling ps4 only 10 days old with BF4 & CoD Advanced Warfare for 400, has receipt and all from gamestop. Probably sell it for 380 if you were interested in it this weekend. It's on Adverts.ie so if you're interested I'll PM you the link. Kilkenny/Wexford area btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Pre-ordered with Gamestop on the 13th Sept. Does this mean I'll get the extra 300k for online?

Problem is, our postman has started coming quite early. If he arrives with that before I leave for work...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Argos have some great deals at the moments. And if you have decent credit history you can get an interest free "pay over 6 months" deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered with Gamestop on the 13th Sept. Does this mean I'll get the extra 300k for online?

I'm not sure if the shops are doing the 1 Mil preorder bonus, was there any mention of it in store? I think the extra 300k was only for digital preorder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Bastards!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I have a friend selling ps4 only 10 days old with BF4 & CoD Advanced Warfare for 400, has receipt and all from gamestop. Probably sell it for 380 if you were interested in it this weekend. It's on Adverts.ie so if you're interested I'll PM you the link. Kilkenny/Wexford area btw.

Sound, it prob won't be this weekend. Maybe in a week it two more likely. Wanna see how this change over goes aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Feel bad for PC gamers who always have to wait but this is waiting on another level!

Anyway pre ordered this nice and cheap on the US PSN a few weeks back and with the latest trailer I cannot wait. All my PS3 GTA friends (personal and online) are upgrading to the PS4. It's going to be mental :D

Will the extra cash be tied to your us account now or will you still get that on your 'main' character?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So I've 2 weekends to platinum the ps3 version before I jump onto ps4.

Online I'm at 75 with about 20 platinum awards and still have to get gold in sp missions and do the radioactive waste and stunts.not missing much else.

Doable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just checked my trophies there, have 58% of them.

I have a lot to do to get a platinum!

Amazingly, I still haven't unlocked the fully mod a vehicle one! That's pretty strange.

I think the worse thing is figuring out what stunt jumps, under the bridge and knife flights you haven't done, compared to the ones that you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Really was in no hurry to upgrade to PS4 but this is changing my mind! What was putting me off PS4 was the fact that you can't store photos, music and videos on it like you could on PS3, can anyone who has upgraded confirm this for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mutley18 wrote: »
    Really was in no hurry to upgrade to PS4 but this is changing my mind! What was putting me off PS4 was the fact that you can't store photos, music and videos on it like you could on PS3, can anyone who has upgraded confirm this for me?

It's not out yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

It's not out yet :)

Sorry I wasn't really clear, I don't mean on GTA, I mean the console itself storing my own personal stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mutley18 wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't really clear, I don't mean on GTA, I mean the console itself storing my own personal stuff!

Ah right I completely misread your post :o
    I thought you were talking about your GTA stuff transferring over.
    Not sure why because your post was nothing like that :confused: :pac:

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Just checked my trophies there, have 58% of them.

I have a lot to do to get a platinum!

Amazingly, I still haven't unlocked the fully mod a vehicle one! That's pretty strange.

I think the worse thing is figuring out what stunt jumps, under the bridge and knife flights you haven't done, compared to the ones that you have.

Just do a race with a stunt jump in it and set it to 50 laps. The jump will count each time to your stunt jump total. Theres one over at sevensins, I can't think of the name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Im dying to get this now after the info blowout this week I NEED GTA BACK IN MY LIFE!!!!!:D

Have not played it or seen it since June when I traded it in the day after the PS4 version was announced:D got 20 for it so this version cost me 45 in the end really

Iv ordered from simplygames.com hope nothing goes tits up now with this order
    Is there ANY chance I could get it by next friday possibly??????

I got evil within on the monday the day before it was released but getting gta next friday would be absolute heaven :D

jackrussel wrote: »
    Just do a race with a stunt jump in it and set it to 50 laps. The jump will count each time to your stunt jump total. Theres one over at sevensins, I can't think of the name of it

That would be nice and handy for online alright.
    However, I was talking about the single player ones. You have to find them all individually for a trophy :(

PowerPyx on youtube does walkthroughs for these type of things. I tried to do his knife flight ones one day. He was using the military jet to do these with ease. I was having awful trouble with the thing. Must've went through about 50 of them :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Has there been anything said of creator mode getting a memory upgrade? I'm not sure how it would work with PS4 to PS3, or if it would matter at all, but I could not help but notice rumble strips for racing in one of the recent pics for current gen (PS4). I've only started messing around with creator mode myself in the past few days after being inspired by some of the IRL based tracks I've seen and played. At the moment I think you can only have 50 props, 40 weapons and 60 something checkpoints which is fine, but I think for something like the racing scene, the prop count might be enough, but talking to a couple of Youtubers (Gunnit) and Boards crew guys on PS3, they're worried that they'd have to sacrifice some props for rumble strips.

Same is applied to deathmatches and team deathmatches which I've only began enjoying, though in saying that, I hope they get rid of that Lester call option for it or at least cap it to say 3 phone calls max to reveal all enemies on the map. It can be bad enough with people just camping behind walls or boxes, and just spamming explosives, add the phone calls to Lester and those modes can be a slow as snail pace.

Lastly, I hope they either give us more survival more rounds with bigger payouts. All of them are easy, but for the Industrial one sometimes. It's quite boring camping in a container to complete it.

What I heard from a video I watched on YT was that creater mode will allow 2x the amount of objects. Also that there will be new objects.

I can't elaborate further than that though :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Kharrell wrote: »
    Has there been anything said of creator mode getting a memory upgrade? I'm not sure how it would work with PS4 to PS3, or if it would matter at all, but I could not help but notice rumble strips for racing in one of the recent pics for current gen (PS4). I've only started messing around with creator mode myself in the past few days after being inspired by some of the IRL based tracks I've seen and played. At the moment I think you can only have 50 props, 40 weapons and 60 something checkpoints which is fine, but I think for something like the racing scene, the prop count might be enough, but talking to a couple of Youtubers (Gunnit) and Boards crew guys on PS3, they're worried that they'd have to sacrifice some props for rumble strips.

Same is applied to deathmatches and team deathmatches which I've only began enjoying, though in saying that, I hope they get rid of that Lester call option for it or at least cap it to say 3 phone calls max to reveal all enemies on the map. It can be bad enough with people just camping behind walls or boxes, and just spamming explosives, add the phone calls to Lester and those modes can be a slow as snail pace.

Lastly, I hope they either give us more survival more rounds with bigger payouts. All of them are easy, but for the Industrial one sometimes. It's quite boring camping in a container to complete it.

Nerd3 claims the number of props has been increased for the next gen version in this video.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Nerd3 claims the number of props has been increased for the next gen version in this video.

haha, that's the video I was talking about :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Good deal for a PS4 bundle on bargain alerts
    PS4 & COD for 379
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm
    Argos currently have the PS4 and Call of Duty Advance Warfare for €379.

Special no. 2 on the site.

Same bundle is €419 in Smyths iirc.

Link

Coming up as 399 when you reserve it but Captain Morgan just replied with this
    This post has been deleted.

I'm tempted to get it and sell off COD.

I'd hardly get it cheaper, would I?
    How much is COD worth?

EDIT: waits for deafroadrunner to say "told ya so"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Good deal for a PS4 on bargain alerts
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm

I'd hardly get it cheaper, would I?
    How much is COD worth?

COD for what console?