Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'm just about to start reading Sailor Moon for the first time. I am beyond excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Been watching Shirobako. It's great. "yo dawg, I heard you like anime so I made an anime about making anime"

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ShivaDark

I'm currently watching Ristorante Paradiso and Koufuku Graffiti. I just finished watching Gokusen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Watching Code Geass myself

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Links234 wrote: »
    Finished watching Shinsekai Tori (From the New world) and holy crap! One of the best shows I've ever seen.

I've got to say Shinsekai Yori is one of the few anime series that i disliked purely because of how conflicted i felt after the finale.

The fact that
    It turns out the characters who you've been watching and rooted for over 24 episodes at the end turn out to be not human but actually the genetic evolution of humanity whose people turned humanity into creatures in order to be able to kill them without worry of accidentally murdering one of their own and killing themselves in the process. I couldn't help but feel conflicted about who i should have been seeing as the protagonists of the show.

I've been watching Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu. I really like it. I showed the first few episodes to a friend recently and it's shocking how much lighter it is at the beginning compared to where the story is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SepTomBer

I'm enjoying watching Terraformars and Gintama :)

Just finished reading Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Oh the feels!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just marathoned Yona of the Dawn (Akatsuki no Yona) over the past 2 days, so damn good and really mad I didnt watch it streamed until now. A really good adventure/drama with some great characters and music.

Just saw the last episode of Kiseijū: Sei no Kakuritsu. For a show that started well and then got so much better, it kind of ended poorly. It got all introspective and lost its pace. It was a very good series though. Well worth checking out.

Going to check out Bahamut: Genesis next unless the next season has too many good series to watch... ah nuts;

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shōs*h*i*t*su 3/4/15 ( <---edit: lol)
    Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine 10/04/15

ah, i can find the time to watch it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭PKdude

I'm currently watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. My Last Anime was Death Note, and I think my next will be Soul Eater.
    I've heard so much good things about Evangelion, I've reached episode 8, so far it's good, but I feel it's been over hyped, I'm guessing it gets much better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It does get better, but then again I'm highly biased. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I'm not a big fan of NGE - I needed to watch a few youtube clips to get an understanding of everything that is actually going on.

Started watching Fairy Tale dubbed, just throwing it on in the background. Having major fights last an episode is amazing ;)

It does get better, but then again I'm highly biased. :pac:
    Yeah, I hope it does, other animes I've watched have gotten me hooked really early on, but NGE seems slow :/
    Art_Wolf wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of NGE - I needed to watch a few youtube clips to get an understanding of everything that is actually going on.

Started watching Fairy Tale dubbed, just throwing it on in the background. Having major fights last an episode is amazing ;)
    I was considering Fairy Tale to be my first "Over 100 episode" anime, but I was tempted to start that over Summer since, well I got time to :P

PKdude wrote: »
    Yeah, I hope it does, other animes I've watched have gotten me hooked really early on, but NGE seems slow :/

I was considering Fairy Tale to be my first "Over 100 episode" anime, but I was tempted to start that over Summer since, well I got time to :P

I watched Rahxephon after watching Eva and i ended up enjoying Rahxephon a lot more than Eva so it might be an option for you to check out.

I tried to watch Fairy Tale but i gave up after a few episodes as i preferred watching Bleach and Naruto.

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    I watched Rahxephon after watching Eva and i ended up enjoying Rahxephon a lot more than Eva so it might be an option for you to check out.

I tried to watch Fairy Tale but i gave up after a few episodes as i preferred watching Bleach and Naruto.

Sure I'll definitely put Rahxephon on the list, just wanna get through Soul Eater since I've been putting it off for a while. Death Note Season 1 was great, but Season 2 for me wasn't nearly as enjoyable.

Now that Naruto is essentially over and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is finished, I'm only reading Bleach. I know i need to catch up with Shingeki no Kyojin but is anyone reading anything at the minute that i might be able to get into?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Back watching fairy tale again with the proper voice overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Back watching fairy tale again with the proper voice overs.

Heh, same - also watching Pandora Hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Cotts72

With parasyte ended and Tokyo ghoul done until the summer (hopefully) I had to find something to keep me occupied! Tried 3 new animes today : seven deadly sins , seraph of the end and juuou mujin no fafnir! Gonna keep me occupied for a while by the looks of it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Heh, same - also watching Pandora Hearts

Its great isn't :D? Only took about a year :rolleyes: the other dub was painful too listen too :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

Just started watching Nagato Yuki-chan no Shou****su. I've missed the Haruhi-verse a lot since the main series and movie came out and this show seems more like a full on SoL than the weirdness of Melancholy. Still, I'm reading the main 'verse LNs as they come out so I'm up to date there and this show is filling a need for more of this great 'verse.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Shirobako just keeps getting better and better.

BriefFairBrownbutterfly.gif

I finished watching Shirobako last week. It started off kind of slow but i was hooked after only a few episodes.
    IHeartYuki wrote: »
    Just started watching Nagato Yuki-chan no Shou****su. I've missed the Haruhi-verse a lot since the main series and movie came out and this show seems more like a full on SoL than the weirdness of Melancholy. Still, I'm reading the main 'verse LNs as they come out so I'm up to date there and this show is filling a need for more of this great 'verse.

I've been trying to watch it but the fact that it's so dull, even for an SoL show, it just isn't as good as a lot of the other new shows this season. It's almost a worse joke than the second season of Haruhi with the 8 identical episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DaBlackMask

itci the killer, :)

Finally finished watching Code Geass! :eek:

I seriously struggled to get through that :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How/why so?

How/why so?

To be honest, the show just wasn't for me. I didn't like the art style, at first I thought the knightmare frames were cool and a little more down to earth and realistic, but then it just got more and more outrageous as the show went on. I'm not usually a fan of mecha, so that aspect just put me off. I guess often times I didn't quite care about the characters, so that didn't help my enjoyment of the show.

I can see why folks like it so much, but all I can say is that it just didn't strike a chord with me and I ended up struggling to get through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chrome342

Currently watching Crayon Shin-chan. Its so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DannyGriff

Currently watching Kekkai Sensen, Assassination Classroom & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Im watching your lie in april, a show has never made me cry so much in my whole life, its literally the best anime ive seen yet

Advertisement