Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nearly finished now too :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pyscho Pass 2, just finished. Bit of a disappointment since the first was amazing, it had a lot to live up to.

Watching Agame ga Kill now. I started last year but didn't impress me. Apparently it gets much better 1/4 into the show so I guess this time I'll stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pyscho Pass 2, just finished. Bit of a disappointment since the first was amazing, it had a lot to live up to.

Watching Agame ga Kill now. I started last year but didn't impress me. Apparently it gets much better 1/4 into the show so I guess this time I'll stick with it.

Yeah, Psycho-Pass 2 is terrible.

They misinterpreted Sybyl pretty badly, the story went nowhere not to mention
    Togane would have been gibbed instead of captured and made an enforcer and Sybyl revoking Tsugimoris detective privileges for nothing but doesn't do so with Shisui despite multiple instances of her ID being used at once

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm watching pycho pass atm, sounds like 2 wont be enjoyable nooo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I haven't really watched much from the past two years. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Welcome to the club ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah, Psycho-Pass 2 is terrible.

They misinterpreted Sybyl pretty badly, the story went nowhere not to mention
    Togane would have been gibbed instead of captured and made an enforcer and Sybyl revoking Tsugimoris detective privileges for nothing but doesn't do so with Shisui despite multiple instances of her ID being used at once

Very disappointed to hear Pyscho Pass 2 isnt any good.

Nor have I ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Very disappointed to hear Pyscho Pass 2 isnt any good.

I wouldn't say it isn't any good. It's a lot better than most of the other stuff churned out every season. But in comparison to the first series, it's definitely a step down. I believe there's more hope for the film though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Konata wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it isn't any good. It's a lot better than most of the other stuff churned out every season. But in comparison to the first series, it's definitely a step down. I believe there's more hope for the film though!

+1

I never said it was bad, just not as good as S1. If you enjoyed S1 you'll more than likely enjoy S2, just not to the same degree.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Konata wrote: »
    +1

I never said it was bad, just not as good as S1. If you enjoyed S1 you'll more than likely enjoy S2, just not to the same degree.

Ah ok, I'll give it a look so.

About to watch the last episode of knights of sidonia! looking forward to season 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just finished samurai flamenco.

Good first third

Middle starts strong and quickly spoils and is too long

Last few episodes would be amazing if they were not crammed in after the overlong middle

Animation is very ropey in some episodes especially in the middle but I liked the characters and the sense of humour overall I'd say give the first 5-7 episodes a watch if you find yourself struggling after that skip to somewhere around 18/19 til he end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Watching Paraonoia Agent, pity it needs both subs and dubs for some episodes to make sense, and they don't match either. I'm more of a dub man myself (don't shoot me please!)
    Absolute bonkers stuff TBH.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Watching Paraonoia Agent, pity it needs both subs and dubs for some episodes to make sense, and they don't match either. I'm more of a dub man myself (don't shoot me please!)
    Absolute bonkers stuff TBH.

I went back to rewatch this some months ago. It's kinda lost its magic touch I felt the first time around. I guess because there's lots of other bonkers stuff around these days :)

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Just finished samurai flamenco.

Was thinking of watching that next actually, sounds interesting.

14 episodes into From The New World (Shinsekai Yori) and oh boy this is incredible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I recently began watching FairyTail three weeks ago, I'm on episode 47 already. :o

Applause wrote: »
    I recently began watching FairyTail three weeks ago, I'm on episode 47 already. :o

I love that show so much.

I'm a sucker for Shoujo so naturally am currently watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It's not bad so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

I'm a sucker for Shoujo so naturally am currently watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It's not bad so far.

I watched around Christmas and was absolutely shocked by how good it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

megaten wrote: »
    I watched around Christmas and was absolutely shocked by how good it was.

Same here. It didn't catch my attention when it first aired but I heard good stuff about it so watched it over the holidays. It's a great comedy series, definitely recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Hooked on Tokyo ghoul currently, season 2 is just as good so far! Started parasyte yesterday and liking it so far

Started watching samurai Flamenco, not bad so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Hooked on Tokyo ghoul currently, season 2 is just as good so far! Started parasyte yesterday and liking it so far
    I haven't watched anything current since SAO and Attack On Titan (which isn't great). Tokyo Ghoul worth a look? Any other suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I haven't watched anything current since SAO and Attack On Titan (which isn't great). Tokyo Ghoul worth a look? Any other suggestions welcome!

I'm only a newcomer to anime so have only watched alot of current the stuff! With both series I completed within a day or so due to addictive viewing and one more episode syndrome!

Tokyo ghoul is captivating from the anime alone to character development,definitely worth a watch and full of action!

Parasyte can be slow on action at times but focuses on emotion or lack of with the main character (watch it to understand this part)again I am really enjoying it and intrigued to see how far they go with it

Finished watching Shinsekai Tori (From the New world) and holy crap! One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Future diaries any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John3983

im currently reading naruto manga

Future diaries any good?

Yes very good if you want to commit to all the episode. tbh I was hooked from the start, very few filler episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 waterlepe

I just started reading Lovely Complex.

• Advertisement

Is Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter any good? it was added to the u.s netflix.

Advertisement