Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Really trying to resist the temptation to download genie scout, it's such a cheat but it's so hard sometimes to find players in the lower leagues

Ah I have Genie scout , I don't have much time to play FM these days as is with kids and work. So I find it very handy for scouting players , saves hours and hours of actual playing time..

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Genie scout - for Lance Armstrong type football managers the world over. :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Could never use any of those scout programs, finding a young player with a few stars potential and him turning into an absolute machine it what FM is all about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Meh...its a game. If you wanna use a scout program to get enjoyment out of the game that's your choice. Nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Ludo wrote: »
    Meh...its a game. If you wanna use a scout program to get enjoyment out of the game that's your choice. Nothing wrong with it.

No nothing wrong with it at all never said that its peoples game that can do as they please. Just makes no sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

in my second season with utd, bought strootman, bender, barbosa,depay,romero,balanta, vertonghen, reus
    sold a **** tonne of overpriced crap.
    playing 4231 wide.. mata and rvp literally tearing it up, rvp 22 goals before xmas.
    won the premiership and out of cl group this season despite getting banged by galatasaray. literally in love with mata strootman reus rvp and januzaj. absolutely carry the team. januzaj easily one of the best young players in the world. depay is hot and cold, all he does is dribble and shoot miles off target with the rare one flying in. rooney absolute moan, trying to sell asap but hes on such huge wages.
    think after this season might be ready to dive down and start in the lower leagues, i find it so tough down there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Had my first 'heated' moment in a while last night , FA cup Quarter final against Arsenal they had beaten me once this season , we'd beaten them once and were away at the emirates. Myself and Arsenal have had a thing over the years...a hatred and now that I'm managing Utd it's even worst. I decided on a new tactical approach , they no doubt thought I'd play possession as usual , in the usual formation so I didn't...I decided to play a deep 4 - 3 - 3 with a holding midfielder and play on the counter attack, using two pacey wingers and moving Adnan into CM which I've been asking him to work on in training for a while.

It was one of those games, the one's that seem to go on forever...from hopeless to hopefull to nail biting , from shouting to cheering..I was honestly exhausted.

1 - 0 Arsenal
    2 - 0 Arsenal
    3 - 0 Arsenal

10 minutes gone... Didn't change my approach, just gave a bollocking from the sideline...PENALTY!!

3 - 1 Man Utd
    3 - 2 Man Utd

40 minutes...their sweating a bit now...

3 - 3 Man Utd

Half time.... Again stuck with playing on the counter , I knew they'd be roiled up again at half time and come out attacking..

3 - 4 Man Utd (Re-gen winger John Burns scores his hat trick, my Man U number 7)

4 - 4 Arsenal - Bastards!

5 - 4 Arsenal - This isn't happening get it together lads...

5 - 5 Man Utd - Your kidding me??

.....Grand hold them....hold them and take them to Old Trafford we'll get them there , contain , get 34 year old Arturo Vidal on to play in front of the back 4...Arsenal and throwing everything forward now were deep deep into injury time..Vidal launches a ball forward to nobody...Arsenal have only one defender back and he's missed the header...Burns has it now and is charging at the GK I'm having hot flashes of Ryan Giggs in a similar situation years before , he's next to me on the bench....Burns comes in, he round the keeper...

5 - 6 Man Utd!!!! Burns scores a 4th....Final whistle...

In true utd folklore....we always score..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭dubmick

Where's the cheapest place to get this lads?

Give it a week and Nuveem might have it for 6 euro again like last year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Any try Wolfsburg yet? Just started with them. Want to win the Bundesliga in my first two seasons to be honest. Signed Fierro, Hughes, Balanta and Depay. Switching between a 4-2-4-0 and a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Any try Wolfsburg yet? Just started with them. Want to win the Bundesliga in my first two seasons to be honest. Signed Fierro, Hughes, Balanta and Depay. Switching between a 4-2-4-0 and a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 now.

ha myself and my brother both started saves with them yesterday, upto christmas and in 6th, out of the cup and through the europa... It's tough going I've found, I usually go for a Championship team so fairly different.

Signed Balanta too, Luan (st), jaoa Pereira for RB, a few young lads and then Atsu, Maher and Odegaard all joining at later dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tipp2014

Wolfsburg need time I found but it's worth it, I am managing AC Milan in my second save currently 3rd in the league which would be a great achievement as they finished in 9th last season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

dubmick wrote: »
    Give it a week and Nuveem might have it for 6 euro again like last year :P

I got it on Nuveem for €18 a few weeks ago, not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Heartbreaking when your new youth intake gets announced and the highest rated has poxy 2 star potential for the THIRD season running F**K MY LIFE

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just saw the latest edition on sale on steam. Came in here to see what peoples thoughts were and tbh I'm getting more turned off with this game every year.

I guess some people appreciate the immersion but the meetings and all the extra stuff outside of a match frustrates ms. I still rock CM01 running late at transfer updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just saw the latest edition on sale on steam. Came in here to see what peoples thoughts were and tbh I'm getting more turned off with this game every year.

I guess some people appreciate the immersion but the meetings and all the extra stuff outside of a match frustrates ms. I still rock CM01 running late at transfer updates.

You can play the Classic mode or play the full game and just pass some of the tedious stuff on to your assistant.

give Classic a try? I hate it myself but then I love all the immersion stuff... worth a go I'd say

Krusader wrote: »

GRRR just missed this. Looks like the current steam price the best they will do it for, but see places selling steam keys for €2 so might pick it up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

GRRR just missed this. Looks like the current steam price the best they will do it for, but see places selling steam keys for €2 so might pick it up tonight.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2015-pc-mac-cd-key-steam

25 here I think its a bit cheaper than Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Advertisement

looks like it's still up.
    You need to use a VPN to purchase and activate on Steam. FlyVPN is recommended and it's free

just got it on Nuuvem, still had the VPN set up from last year :p

looks like it's still up.
    You need to use a VPN to purchase and activate on Steam. FlyVPN is recommended and it's free

I cant seem to get it at that price. My VPN can create from any country was trying america.

Might try this flyvpn...using a chrome extension at the moment

I cant seem to get it at that price. My VPN can create from any country was trying america.

Might try this flyvpn...using a chrome extension at the moment

Chrome extension won't work for redeeming the code on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Higuain has turned into a lethal scorer for me. I bought him after RVP wanted out.

dubmick wrote: »
    Chrome extension won't work for redeeming the code on steam

What VPN region did you use? I'm connecting from US and saying that it wont work

"Purchase is unavailable in your country, purchase has been cancelled"

After I go to put the license key into steam, whats up?

What VPN region did you use? I'm connecting from US and saying that it wont work

"Purchase is unavailable in your country, purchase has been cancelled"

After I go to put the license key into steam, whats up?

set up your Nuuvem account with a Brazilian address preferably

Install FlyVPN client and VPN to Brazil ( you get 20mins free 3 times a day)
    Purchase game (you can use CC or paypal)
    Copy code from your My Games section, start Steam and activate code.
    You can then close the VPN.

I did this a few weeks ago and also last year without issue

set up your Nuuvem account with a Brazilian address preferably

Install FlyVPN client and VPN to Brazil ( you get 20mins free 3 times a day)
    Purchase game (you can use CC or paypal)
    Copy code from your My Games section, start Steam and activate code.
    You can then close the VPN.

I did this a few weeks ago and also last year without issue

I went through making the purchase perfectly, so have the Cd key.

I didnt even notice the FLYVPN programme had brazilian servers, ugh im a retard.

Thanks a mill, working now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Strongly thinking of buying this tonight as have put nearly 300 hours into 14 witch i picked up last year at around this time for €6. Is the bugs that bad ?. Also is it much of a upgrade over Football manager 14 ?

• Advertisement

Strongly thinking of buying this tonight. Is the bugs that bad ?. Also is it much of a upgrade over Football manager 14 ?

Not bad at all now and definitely different, not sure upgrade is the right word but I prefer it.

Advertisement