Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

threein99 wrote: »
    My 3 year old laptop is under a bit of pressure playing this years, the slow saving issue was fixed in the previous update.

Same just responsive of mouse and clicking is just so slow at times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Sold a reserve player last summer, he was a pretty decent forward but had only played twice for my senior side and spent 3 seasons out on loan, there was about 4 players ahead of him in the squad plus another 2 in the reserves that had much better potential so I decided to sell him. Grand, Hull paid 6mil for him after I offered him out.

Out of nowhere Halilovic, my star player becomes unhappy and wants a talk, I promise him I am spending money to bring in better players, I had already plans to sign 3 players with great potential and signed another very good player in January. At this stage I'm top of the PL, into the last 16 of the CL, League Cup final in a few weeks and still in he FA Cup.

Just after the the January Transfer Window closes Halilovic comes wanting a transfer away because I broke my promise and the whole squads moral then becomes miserable and the board demand I attend a meeting to see what is going to happen, the very next day he broke his foot in training and is out for 4-5 months now. What a mess.

Won my next game and thankfully with the media and a team meeting the squad moral is a bit better. What a shambles just because I sold 1 reserve player.

Also Team Meeting are crap, I tell them what them what I want and everyone's moral rises, then I say that's exactly the reaction I was after and everyone's moral goes back to where it was. Head wrecking.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Also Team Meeting are crap, I tell them what them what I want and everyone's moral rises, then I say that's exactly the reaction I was after and everyone's moral goes back to where it was. Head wrecking.

Thought that was just my game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

After 7 season with Milan, 5 Serie A, 2 CL and 1 World Club Cup, I was fired because I "lost the dressing room". My GK was homesick, told him I'd try sign a player from his old club to keep him happy....signed one the next transfer window..he still moaned, I told him he could leave so..team not happy, 2 wins follow, team unhappy, board sack me.

Shower of ungreatful bastárds!
    I restored AC to their former glory!
    I MADE THE BBC!

Rooney is my captain but he wants to do **** all of his responsibilities. Won't even welcome a new player despite being honoured to have been asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 yankdotcom

this is why i manage teams like accrington stanley,no egos and the board are happy as long as you dont finish in the bottom half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Just finished my first season with Villa, in June now, decent first season finished 12th, only signed Balanta, Grealish was brilliant, 14 goals from the wing.

Have Thiago Motta, Will Hughes, Danny Ings and Elmahomedy signed for next season.

Juventus bought Tom ****ing Cleverley off me and went and won the Champions League!! They have an amazing squad and Cleverley is somehow in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Well lads Bought the game on Saturday evening.
    Did my normal took over Liverpool.
    Start out with Pre Season 433 and got beating 6-5 in my 1st game.
    So went feck it. So started 4 2 3 1. With two defence midfielder. Won the next few games One-nil.
    So Normal i last about 12 game and then get the fired the 1st time around.
    But started the season with a few easy game and got a few wins under my belt.
    Got Real Mad in Champion League group and they hammer me 8-1 and 6-1.
    But i was happy out and its was coming to Christmas and i was un-beating in the league. But Chelsea, Utd, City, Arsenal and Spurs and Everton over december and early January. When injury struck Maro,Danny and lambert(he rubbish) all injury for 4 to 6 weeks.
    So Fabio got to play and stay on for the Christmas. He was on fire. Scored 7 goals over the Christmas and new year and set up another 2.
    Got into the new year unbeating in the league and 4 points ahead of chelsea. Only let in 9 Goals so far and 3 or them were againist Chelsea and 2 againist utd.
    Ok Lads. I wondering if the game is too easy?? Normal in my 1st game i getting hammer my derby and I’m banging my head off a wall in frustration but this is just going great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well lads Bought the game on Saturday evening.
    Did my normal took over Liverpool.
    Start out with Pre Season 433 and got beating 6-5 in my 1st game.
    So went feck it. So started 4 2 3 1. With two defence midfielder. Won the next few games One-nil.
    So Normal i last about 12 game and then get the fired the 1st time around.
    But started the season with a few easy game and got a few wins under my belt.
    Got Real Mad in Champion League group and they hammer me 8-1 and 6-1.
    But i was happy out and its was coming to Christmas and i was un-beating in the league. But Chelsea, Utd, City, Arsenal and Spurs and Everton over december and early January. When injury struck Maro,Danny and lambert(he rubbish) all injury for 4 to 6 weeks.
    So Fabio got to play and stay on for the Christmas. He was on fire. Scored 7 goals over the Christmas and new year and set up another 2.
    Got into the new year unbeating in the league and 4 points ahead of chelsea. Only let in 9 Goals so far and 3 or them were againist Chelsea and 2 againist utd.
    Ok Lads. I wondering if the game is too easy?? Normal in my 1st game i getting hammer my derby and I’m banging my head off a wall in frustration but this is just going great.

You might have jsut found a tactic that works well for you? I found this years impossible with a couple of teams and then found a nice level in my main save now. It does help that you've started with pool first, drop down to a midtable prem team or lower league or something for more of a challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I think I'm in 2021 now, having brought Carlisle to the dizzy heights of a champions league win last season and 2nd place finish in the premiership I felt it was time to move on when Manchester Utd came banging on my door, they finished 5th last season and Liverpool are dominating , they went unbeaten last season...being a Utd fan I had to say yes and attempt to knock them back off their perch.

Strange thing , Utd sack Meno Menezes and hire me , Carlisle then hire him replace me and despite spending 100 million upon taking over he has destroyed the foundation of the team 10 games in and they are mid table. I signed two of my ex Carlisle players a RWB and a striker John Burns who is Lionel Messi quality , 42 million pounds it cost with a year left on his contract but he's worth it, gave him the number 7 jersey.

One CB was my only other signing , I think I can get better out of this team than the last manager so have set about getting the players into my system, strangely enough it's a similar system to the current LVG/UTD a 5-3-2 with WB based on ball retention and attacking football...but hey , who can argue with 3 back to back promotions and a Champions League winning system. Sure enough even though the players aren't completely up to speed tactically we are top of the table ten games in with only one loss coming away to Chelsea, and we were robbed in that dominating the game.

Looking forward to how this one pans out.

PS Mano Menezes stop ruining my ****ing Carlisle team with your crap defensive narrow ways , that's why Utd sacked you and got me.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I think I'm in 2021 now, having brought Carlisle to the dizzy heights of a champions league win last season and 2nd place finish in the premiership I felt it was time to move on when Manchester Utd came banging on my door, they finished 5th last season and Liverpool are dominating , they went unbeaten last season...being a Utd fan I had to say yes and attempt to knock them back off their perch.

Strange thing , Utd sack Meno Menezes and hire me , Carlisle then hire him replace me and despite spending 100 million upon taking over he has destroyed the foundation of the team 10 games in and they are mid table. I signed two of my ex Carlisle players a RWB and a striker John Burns who is Lionel Messi quality , 42 million pounds it cost with a year left on his contract but he's worth it, gave him the number 7 jersey.

One CB was my only other signing , I think I can get better out of this team than the last manager so have set about getting the players into my system, strangely enough it's a similar system to the current LVG/UTD a 5-3-2 with WB based on ball retention and attacking football...but hey , who can argue with 3 back to back promotions and a Champions League winning system. Sure enough even though the players aren't completely up to speed tactically we are top of the table ten games in with only one loss coming away to Chelsea, and we were robbed in that dominating the game.

Looking forward to how this one pans out.

PS Mano Menezes stop ruining my ****ing Carlisle team with your crap defensive narrow ways , that's why Utd sacked you and got me.

Have you many 'current' players still with Utd in 2021? Always like to hear who stays/goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Just finished my first season with Villa, in June now, decent first season finished 12th, only signed Balanta, Grealish was brilliant, 14 goals from the wing.

Have Thiago Motta, Will Hughes, Danny Ings and Elmahomedy signed for next season.

Im playing as Stoke and have been trying to tempt him to move. I offered 15million and villa wanted 80! Grealish got unhappy but he never asked for a transfer. He is tearing the league up for them now.

Have you many 'current' players still with Utd in 2021? Always like to hear who stays/goes :)

Em who's still there , De Gea , Rojo , Shaw , Januzaj , Mata are the only current team members left I think..

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Em who's still there , De Gea , Rojo , Shaw , Januzaj , Mata are the only current team members left I think..

Januzaj and De Gea complete beasts I assume? Januzaj seems to get sold early in my games

Januzaj and De Gea complete beasts I assume? Januzaj seems to get sold early in my games

It's Dec 2016 in my United game and he has asked to leave for Juventus twice. I had to guarantee him CL football to get him to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Where's the cheapest place to get this lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Whats the general consensus on the new patch. I'm not sure if the tactics have dramatically changed but the games gone a bit weird, strikers missing sitters, so many shots going off target now.
    I never had an issue with injuries before but I'm starting my 3rd season and updated to the new patch I signed Barbosa for 30 million and he broke his leg on his first game in a friendly. 7 midfielders out injured for the opening game of the season, had to raid the out of contract players to make up the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tipp2014

Very frustrating, Brief Outline of career

Season 1 Nottingham Forest won play offs
    Season two: doing well in 13th Nov in PL board not happy sacked. Took charge of Valencia finished 7th in la Liga

Season 3: Took over Sheff Wed in November

Now that brings me onto Sheff Wed promoted season before, Stuart Gray left for Newcastle. Predicted finish was 20th average squad but i bought a few nice players, Anyway I took over early days they were 8th punching way above weight, Min expectation was that I finish in respectable position, Anyway after a god season I was in contention for 6th on final day but finished 8th . Lost 4 of last 5 games vrs united, city, liverpool and arsenal. Still a great season but I get sacked because of poor results What is that about? A newly promoted side predicted to go down and I finish 8th, and get sacked. Got Ashley Young on free and signed Phillipe Senderos but still a great achievement but got sacked, was looking forward to building on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tipp2014

Any of ye know of a solid defensive formation which works against better opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

tipp2014 wrote: »
    Any of ye know of a solid defensive formation which works against better opposition

4-3-3 with one holding as Anchor man, and I have a Ball Winning Midfielder and a Roaming Playmaker.

Yep , Januzaj develops into a great player , again like someone else said he tends to throw his toys out of the pram a little. Asked me to leave for PSG last night because we don't have champions league football , told him to shut it and we'll have it next year.

Mata is a beast , his record at Man Utd over the years is fantastic , 33 now in my game but still a key part of the team. De Gea is the best GK in the game and still only 30 now! Rojo also very good , Shaw isn't great and will probably ship him out in the summer or use him only as a back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Rafael and Rooney were the worst for throwing the toys out the pram, Rooney has been rotting in my reserves for 18 months after his last strop (earning 250 grand a week :mad:) I sold Rafael to PSG

threein99 wrote: »
    Rafael and Rooney were the worst for throwing the toys out the pram, Rooney has been rotting in my reserves for 18 months after his last strop (earning 250 grand a week :mad:) I sold Rafael to PSG

PSG come in a rake of times for Raf. I have kept him though and bought Coleman and rotate them.

I have way too many central defenders. Smalling, Evans, Jones, Rojo, Blackett and Alvarez Balanta!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    PSG come in a rake of times for Raf. I have kept him though and bought Coleman and rotate them.

I have way too many central defenders. Smalling, Evans, Jones, Rojo, Blackett and Alvarez Balanta!

I replaced him with a guy called Makaye from Brazil, I only bought him as back up to Montoya who I originally signed to replace Rafael, but Mayake is a beast.

Luka Jovic is a bargain as well from Red Star

Yeah I've seen Jovic's name around.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen Jovic's name around.

I got him for 1 million rising to 4.4million, he current has 25 in 27 games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Whats the general consensus on the new patch. I'm not sure if the tactics have dramatically changed but the games gone a bit weird, strikers missing sitters, so many shots going off target now.
    I never had an issue with injuries before but I'm starting my 3rd season and updated to the new patch I signed Barbosa for 30 million and he broke his leg on his first game in a friendly. 7 midfielders out injured for the opening game of the season, had to raid the out of contract players to make up the numbers

I love Barbosa, not least because as soon as I took all the money and ran he stopped playing :)

Barbosa.jpg

I had to put up with Chelsea winning the league 3 years in a row at the start while I built my squad and cash piles.

Since then

4 league titles in a row
    back to back Champions Leagues
    a Club World Championship
    couple of FA and league cups

Nearly time to retire and start again with a much lower team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Really trying to resist the temptation to download genie scout, it's such a cheat but it's so hard sometimes to find players in the lower leagues

Advertisement