Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League PreSeason Prep

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Is the ultimate fantasy league replacing the original? My 11.28am sat morning transfer decisions were an enjoyable/horrible part of my week depending on the results ☺.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

RVP will be the main man at United. Himself and LvG are practically related at this stage.

I wouldn't overlook Rooney or Mata though. If LvG plays Mata behind RvP, he will absolutely be in my team. Likewise, if Rooney plays up front with RVP, he could definately be worth the money.

Erikson at Spurs should do well under their new manager, and having not set the league alite last year, should be relatively cheap. Sanchez at Arsenal is another one to consider because he's just a superb player. Walcott could be another option if he operates on the opposite flank and returns to form post-injury.

Obviously with a lot of transfers still to go, Vidal/Hummels @ United would be decent shouts if cheap enough, especially Hummels. Expect united to be a lot more solid with LvG at the helm. Also looking at Chelsea/City for the back four.

Courtois (sp?) between the sticks as well, adding in Mourinho's playstyle, could be seriously worth paying big money for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Crystal Palace have had a bid accepted for Sigurdson of Spurs. If he gets back to his Swansea form he could be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Crystal Palace have had a bid accepted for Sigurdson of Spurs. If he gets back to his Swansea form he could be a good option.

Holy hell! There's absolutely no reason that he can't, I think. He didn't get a look in at Spurs. I was just thinking yesterday that if he got games this season at Spurs he could be real FPL value. He's on my list anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Okay Fantasy Football Im ready for you again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Okay Fantasy Football Im ready for you again

How was the World Cup trip?

Lemlin wrote: »
    How was the World Cup trip?

It was great thanks. Brilliant atmosphere over there was there for all the group phase so spent the day watching football and the night partying. I'm only getting back to normal now that type of drinking was much easier in my 20s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Looking forward to this again this year! For those of you who elected not to play the World Cup FF, you made a good decision. Absolute shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

any idea when the updated site should be live?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Last year it was up and running on the 16th of july, the year before it was the 20th of july so it should be up any day now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Last year it was up and running on the 16th of july, the year before it was the 20th of july so it should be up any day now :)

LAst year though they were drip feeding some player prices in advance of the site going up. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Not sure if that means they are while away from it going live, or if they just won't be doing that this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It was great thanks. Brilliant atmosphere over there was there for all the group phase so spent the day watching football and the night partying. I'm only getting back to normal now that type of drinking was much easier in my 20s.

Ratings for Brazilian busts? Rekindle your love affair??

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

LAst year though they were drip feeding some player prices in advance of the site going up. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Not sure if that means they are while away from it going live, or if they just won't be doing that this year.

That was 2 years ago actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Looking forward to this again this year! For those of you who elected not to play the World Cup FF, you made a good decision. Absolute shambles

What happened?

I needed a break so didn't do it.

manual_man wrote: »
    Ratings for Brazilian busts? Rekindle your love affair??

ha ha lets just say the cameraman wouldnt have to scan too far to show you some of the beauties that appeared on your tv screen. Brazil probably just shaded it from colombia in the best busts world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Do we have any idea how much Van Persie will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Do we have any idea how much Van Persie will be?

No - We'd only be guessing

12-13m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I emailed FPL today enquiring about likely live date of the site for the new season, yet to get a response though.

Anyone seen any info on other sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm recharged and ready to obsess over this again. Hopefully it goes live this week.
    slingerz wrote: »
    I emailed FPL today enquiring about likely live date of the site for the new season, yet to get a response though.

Anyone seen any info on other sites?
    Someone on FFS posted this:
    FPL Launch EPL Season Opener
    ——————————
    15 July 2013 (around 03:00pm UK time) 17 August
    19 July 2012 (around 06:00pm UK time )18 August
    20 July 2011 (around 10:30pm UK time) 13 August
    12 July 2010 (around 01:35pm UK time) 14 August
    07 July 2009 (around 03:45pm UK time) 15 August
    04 July 2008 (around 04:00pm UK time) 16 August
    06 July 2007 (around 09:35am UK time) 11 August
    09 July 2006 (around 01:00am UK time) 19 August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Every time I some one posts in this thread I click in hoping to see it's back LIVE!

Damn you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haha Jaysus lads, have a break!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

CSF wrote: »
    Haha Jaysus lads, have a break!!!

Need something to entertain myself during work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

how much you lads reckon lallana will be?

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    how much you lads reckon lallana will be?

8m maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

MagicIRL wrote: »
    RVP will be the main man at United. Himself and LvG are practically related at this stage.

I wouldn't overlook Rooney or Mata though. If LvG plays Mata behind RvP, he will absolutely be in my team. Likewise, if Rooney plays up front with RVP, he could definately be worth the money.

Erikson at Spurs should do well under their new manager, and having not set the league alite last year, should be relatively cheap. Sanchez at Arsenal is another one to consider because he's just a superb player. Walcott could be another option if he operates on the opposite flank and returns to form post-injury.

Obviously with a lot of transfers still to go, Vidal/Hummels @ United would be decent shouts if cheap enough, especially Hummels. Expect united to be a lot more solid with LvG at the helm. Also looking at Chelsea/City for the back four.

Courtois (sp?) between the sticks as well, adding in Mourinho's playstyle, could be seriously worth paying big money for.

If Hummels did go to Utd he would be a great call imo. Don't see that transfer happening though.
    Don't know would Vidal be the best value for money. Picks up yellows. Looked at his stats overall at Juve.
    96 appearances
    28 goals
    19 assists
    31 yellows.

For me attacking midfielders and wingers are the way to go. Higher up they play the better

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

heads up on trippier from burnley, racked up the assists last season, def will be on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

heads up on trippier from burnley, racked up the assists last season, def will be on the cheap

tipped up on FFS but for me Sigurdsson if his move to Palace goes through would be a decent cheap midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Iused2likebusts already mentioned him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lemlin wrote: »
    Iused2likebusts already mentioned him.

So looking like it's live this week?

All over Danny Ings and Scott Arfield from The Dingles as cheap options

Advertisement