Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

I went down Eglinton Road, turned right onto Donnybrook Road, and then left off Donnybrook Road towards Aylesbury Road at exactly that time - so it may have been me :)[/quote]

Yep, looked like you were heading that way! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

kerash wrote: »
    Yes! couldn't resist saying hi on spotting a boardsie:o:)
    I appologise for not being friendlier, I have music in my ears and ... a slowing down van approching from behind doesn't usually inspire confidence to a cyclist :)
    I did say hello when I saw you were being friendly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Are ye all ready for an avalanche of Boards sightings ? 70 new pieces of branded kit on their way to their new owners from today !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Farmleigh, Sunday, c.4:30 pm- Boards jersey contemplating which ridiculously long booze queue to join.

(We made our drink selections based on the speed of the queues- cider FTW!)

That was me. Park was mobbed on Sunday, madness!

I went for the Porterhouse queue cos I had to get 16 beers and wanted a selection :) Only got 8 in the end cos the cardboard tray wasn't strong enough :mad:

Good chance I was spotted elsewhere Sunday, my route in was Donabate-Malahide via Estuary, round coast to Portmarnock, still on coast to Baldoyle, through Howth village, over summit, down along coast to Clontarf and then into the Park along the quays. Home via Santry/Swords to Donabate. Lovely day for a nice cycle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Spotted a boardsie crossing over the canal on Mount Street a bit before 9 this morning with a flashing L.E.D and panniers on the right hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Saw one yesterday at the lights outside UCD, would have been around 8:45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Boards Shorts waiting to turn right off Tyrconnell Road.. didn't say hi as you were concentrating..so i'll say it now.. Hi :)

Me again! Hi back!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Jip wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie crossing over the canal on Mount Street a bit before 9 this morning with a flashing L.E.D and panniers on the right hand side.

I reckon that's me again, on my way out to Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Now that the new order has arrived expect there to be more than normal :)

Saw blorg at the Milltown Road/Eglington Road junction there. Don't think he was wearing a boards jersey. Does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I save my Boards jersey for the weekends now. Used to have three, ironed one, crashed badly in another... so down to one. We will have to organise a Planet X-spin some time, I think it will be the new Boards bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

i seen 1 in superquinn in kimmage about 6 weeks ago i was like :eek::Dwas like spotting a celebrity outa nowhere:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joshor123

are these available to buy or is there only a specific amout...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

blorg wrote: »
    I save my Boards jersey for the weekends now. Used to have three, ironed one, crashed badly in another... so down to one. We will have to organise a Planet X-spin some time, I think it will be the new Boards bike!
    thought that was the cayo !

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

The gear only gets ordered every now and then when someone decides to take it on to organise ! I've just done an order, but the gear was all specifically for people who ordered it. There probably won't be another order done for a while. Have a look at the Sticky Thread "5th Boards Gear Order" for details.
    joshor123 wrote: »
    are these available to buy or is there only a specific amout...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joshor123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

There was one being sold on the adverts sub-forum, but it may be sold now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

thought that was the cayo !
    WAS - it is now the Planet X.

@joshor123- I need more jerseys myself, unlikely really there will be much more need until the spring but I would expect another order around then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I appologise for not being friendlier, I have music in my ears and ... a slowing down van approching from behind doesn't usually inspire confidence to a cyclist :)
    I did say hello when I saw you were being friendly :)
    Hi Caroline,
    No need to apologise. I hope we weren't too much of a nuisance.:o
    Twas a great day for a spin. How far did you go?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Cycling along Upper Leeson St into town this morning at 8:15ish...black bike with rack pack, I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Hermy wrote: »
    Hi Caroline,
    No need to apologise. I hope we weren't too much of a nuisance.:o
    Twas a great day for a spin. How far did you go?
    That day? Just up to Kippure and back down / a shy 80km.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

rottenhat wrote: »
    Cycling along Upper Leeson St into town this morning at 8:15ish...black bike with rack pack, I think?

Moi.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That day?
    Yeah, that day.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wingknot

Saw two boardsie lads this morning crossing the bridge at chapelizod village 10.05,was heading to the park to try out the new bike,Hi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Nietschen (I think), with the Cayo, on Leopardstown Road (near the racecourse) @3:15.
    Boards beeps duly administered, and ignored. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Wasn't me i'm afraid...there are some other cayo's on here though

Looked a bit like you, from what I could see as I went past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

kenmc wrote: »
    Nietschen (I think), with the Cayo, on Leopardstown Road (near the racecourse) @3:15.
    Boards beeps duly administered, and ignored. :(
    Sounds like me actually, red Golf was it? Apologies for not responding though, I couldn't quite tell whether it was an angry beep or a 'howaya' beep.

I've a feeling I was spotted going up over Sally Gap too by a group of 3.

Not bad for the first proper spin with the jersey. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

wingknot wrote: »
    Saw two boardsie lads this morning crossing the bridge at chapelizod village 10.05,was heading to the park to try out the new bike,Hi.

That was me and The Claw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

el tonto wrote: »
    The Claw.
    I love that username.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

saw one today up at viewpoint, about 11.30ish, with 2 other guys, had a goatee if i remember correctly, i was rather jealous to, not of the goatee, the jersey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HereKitty

Saw my first one today:D in Malahide Village at 9:00am, so excited I had to come right on here and post. Whoever you were, a big Hello, at that stage on my way home and was a bit browned off saying hi to cyclists who just barely would grunt, so wasnt my usual cheery self.....sheeesh...you guys!!!:rolleyes:

Blowfish wrote: »
    Sounds like me actually, red Golf was it? Apologies for not responding though, I couldn't quite tell whether it was an angry beep or a 'howaya' beep.

I've a feeling I was spotted going up over Sally Gap too by a group of 3.

Not bad for the first proper spin with the jersey. :)

Yeah that was me. was definitely a howaya beep - sure I was in the outside lane as I passed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

My first sighting...

In the park at 1ish. On the North Road and then again at the S-bends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

My first sighting...

In the park at 1ish. On the North Road and then again at the S-bends.

Hello!

Might have been me, but might also have been Dr. Groove who was around too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Rughdh, wearing Boards Jersey, and HonkJelly, not wearing Boards Jersey (does this count?) at the finish of the DWCC Randonnee today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

niceonetom wrote: »
    Hello!

Might have been me, but might also have been Dr. Groove who was around too.

Hello to you too.

Whoever I saw was on a dark coloured bike. I was wearing black and nodded hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

Tiny Explosions on His Mercian, Dame st this morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

9.57 Dundrum village, dunno who it was

Not really a sighting per say, but a thanks to the girls in the little black car who beeped and gave out to the taxi in Stillorgan 20 minutes ago who tried to cut me off with his stupid lane changing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭godihatethehils

c0rk3r wrote: »
    9.57 Dundrum village, dunno who it was

male or female???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

male or female???

If this is an offer, I'll take female please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Not really a sighting per say, but a thanks to the girls in the little black car who beeped and gave out to the taxi in Stillorgan 20 minutes ago who tried to cut me off with his stupid lane changing.

I do love motorists who do this - it's happened to me once or twice during my five years of urban cycling, and there's a tremendous love in my heart for those who give a horn admonishment to those who pick on the more vulnerable road users.

buffalo wrote: »
    I do love motorists who do this - it's happened to me once or twice during my five years of urban cycling, and there's a tremendous love in my heart for those who give a horn admonishment to those who pick on the more vulnerable road users.

Yup, I was beside them at the lights and then when the taxi cut me off I heard a load of beeping. When I got to the next lights at the junction for the N11, I heard more beeping and looked around to see the two girls having words with the taxi. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I saw ROK_ON this morning around Capel Street bridge. I was under deep cover as a car driver but couldn't remember the special boards beep!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I saw ROK_ON this morning around Capel Street bridge. I was under deep cover as a car driver but couldn't remember the special boards beep!

Is there a special beep? If so what is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Is there a special beep? If so what is it?

beep beep beep

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dexty

where can u get boards.ie jerseys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

dexty wrote: »
    where can u get boards.ie jerseys?
    Here ya go
    LastGasp wrote: »
    The gear only gets ordered every now and then when someone decides to take it on to organise ! I've just done an order, but the gear was all specifically for people who ordered it. There probably won't be another order done for a while. Have a look at the Sticky Thread "5th Boards Gear Order" for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I just opened my long-sleeve packet yesterday. Are the sleeves meant to be loose? All the other long sleeves I have are skintight.

Edit: No foreskin jokes please.

Advertisement