Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm always the most critical curmudgeon on the site... so for a change I'd like to say that the guy who plays Finn did really well in that scene with Neasa... Also good (and funny) was the scene with Wayne, where Neasa didnt back him up..

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I'm always the most critical curmudgeon on the site... so for a change I'd like to say that the guy who plays Finn did really well in that scene with Neasa... Also good (and funny) was the scene with Wayne, where Neasa didnt back him up..

For the 1st time in the history of this thread, i disagree with you Johnathan!! I think Finn is a terrible ham!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

We need more scenes with Neasa bending over with a sweeping brush in her hand!! :)

Wayne is really growing on me I have to say..never really rated him before but he's doing very well with his scenes the last couple of weeks.

Hats off to Pat Nolan (Barry) who is playing a blinder! Kudos!!

Gwan Sash!!! :D

Story with Louis and his pregnancy sympathy illness is enough to make everyone else ill as well...dreadful stuff, not believing it at all...Fair City really struggle in pulling off the ''light relief comedy'' scenes in my eyes...the whole Ray/Christy drains saga was an other example of this...Coronation Street do this type of scene the best in my view...

Bob is a star..Louis and Paul are very good at their run of the mill scenes but just don't ask them to try showing any emotional depth and they're fine....the actress who plays Rachel is excellent..would like to see her get more prominent storylines..a boyfriend / rebel storyline!

pavcro10 wrote: »
    For the 1st time in the history of this thread, i disagree with you Johnathan!! I think Finn is a terrible ham!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

REPORTED TO THE MODERATOR

I'm afraid that's not allowed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Okocim wrote: »
    We need more scenes with Neasa bending over with a sweeping brush in her hand!! :)

+1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Really enjoying Decco lately

Bob is dead on about Deegan a useless copper and Finn was right about Neasa he'd be better with Yvonne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Have Leo and Dean been written out? I missed 2 weeks over the summer when i went on holidays. Havent seen them in about 3 months! Have they been axed or wha'? Hope not. Love them as a comedy duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eradicate wrote: »
    Have Leo and Dean been written out? I missed 2 weeks over the summer when i went on holidays. Havent seen them in about 3 months! Have they been axed or wha'? Hope not. Love them as a comedy duo.

Dean was around last I think the night Gary Morgan went to shoot Mark and Denzo he was drinking in The Station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

A bit tired of Louie and Carol at the moment. Boring. Enjoying Denzo and Decco etc.

Possilbly the scene of the year.. I was tempted to photoshop something in to Finn's hand..

neasa2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

[QUOTE=JonathanAnon;74354155 I was tempted to photoshop something in to Finn's hand..

[/QUOTE]

Dare I ask what !! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

I take it Jonathan that you're a fan of Neasa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I take it Jonathon that you're a fan of Neasa.

Why whatever gave you that idea.

I take it Jonathan that you're a fan of Neasa.

The image is Exhibit B (appropriately) in the evidence I'm including with my strongly worded letter to RTE about "gratuitous showing of the breast before the watershed"...

Does anybody know if any of the FC actors are on Twitter????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

max life wrote: »
    Does anybody know if any of the FC actors are on Twitter????

The actors who play Philip and Felix are on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Possilbly the scene of the year.. I was tempted to photoshop something in to Finn's hand..

neasa2.jpg

There was one roughly about the same shot in the bar in the previous episode. Definitely the director has a dirty mind!!!

Not that I am complaining! :) Wasn't too into the white dress...innocent she is not!

Bob slagging off Deagen was brilliant 'no wonder you didn't get that promotion, your an absolute joke' Bob has to be the best character in the show. Barry is doing well and Deagen snapping at him is done well too.

Epic showdown ensues...

On and is Yvonne just getting started or what! Finn definitely wants the rich cougar type. Pretty sure she will eat Nessa for breakfast, nothing much gets past her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Tandey

• Advertisement

Sunday Sept 18
    At Phelan's, Ray and Christy discuss Deegan, and Ray admits he is worried about Deegan's state of mind. Caoimhe agrees to babysit for Niamh and Paul's date night, as she wants to spend time with Decco. Vivienne finally discovers that Charlotte is missing. Frantic, she calls to Niamh and Paul, and Rachel confesses that Charlotte has run away. Decco and Zumo desperately search for her around the area.

At the garda station, John Colton urges Deegan to take some time out to think about his future. Leo calls to Phelan's and Christy slags him about Val's crush on him. Vivienne goes back to Monastery Avenue and finds that Charlotte has taken her passport. Sash comforts a crying Vivienne. Bob tells Deegan that he is not going to pursue his vendetta against him. As he leaves The Hungry Pig, he sees the curtains in Barry's moving. Thinking that it's Denzo, he calls for back-up and bangs on the door demanding that Denzo opens up. But to his horror he finds Charlotte hiding in Barry's. They sit down and she tells him how confused she is and how she feels she is partly to blame.

Caoimhe tells Decco that she has plans for him tonight. But when Deegan meets Decco, they argue and Deegan arrests him. Later that night, Caoimhe calls to the Brennans' to babysit Ruth. In The Hungry Pig, Deegan tells Bob that there was not enough evidence to keep Decco in jail and they had to release him. He apologises to Decco.

Decco calls to the Brennans' and is put out when he learns that Caoimhe is babysitting. She gets excited when he tells her of his run-in with the police. But in the Station Bar, things are not going too smoothly for Niamh and Paul when they start to fight again. Paul asks her to play a game - 'if you had one pass' - and instead of saying he would like to be with a famous person, names Judith Dillon. The punters in McCoy's learn that Deegan is going on official leave, but before he does, Barry requests for him to meet him.

Niamh storms out of The Station Bar followed by Paul. When they arrive back to the house they find Caoimhe and Decco in a compromising clinch. Deegan calls to Barry. Barry tries and fails to protect Denzo. He begs Deegan to let Denzo disappear but Deegan refuses. He tells Barry that he is moving in a different direction in the force and no longer wants to be a detective and Barry can't talk to him anymore. Barry realises that he is all alone.

Tuesday, Sept 20
    Judith bumps into Niamh and is surprised by Niamh's rude behaviour to her. She mentions this to Caoimhe and Caoimhe tries to cover about her and Decco's babysitting fiasco. Zak begs Tommy if he can go to the ploughing championships and Tommy refuses. In Monastery Avenue, the Bishops become suspicious that Decco has a girlfriend as he tries to spruce up his appearance.

Paul tells Christy and Bob his faux pas of mentioning to Niamh that he would like to be with Dr Judith if he had a 'hall pass'. When Tommy arrives though he stops talking and tries to cover up what he said. A nervous Dermot is approached by Decco, who tells him that he still has the computer files belonging to his Belfast clients. He makes Dermot give him and Caoimhe free cake, much to Caoimhe's delight. They kiss in the community centre and are spotted by Charlotte, who tells a disgusted Eileen.

Niamh calls to Paul's workplace, telling him that he needs to take Ruth. While they are arguing, Judith walks in and praises Paul. Niamh becomes upset and shouts that they should 'just climb into the back of the car and get it over with...' An understanding Judith makes Paul take Ruth, and Niamh reveals what really happened and why she's angry with her. The two ladies laugh over it and bond. Niamh talks about her marital problems, saying that Paul cheated when he stayed away. This sets off alarm bells with Judith as Tommy is staying away for the Ploughing Championship.

Caoimhe learns that her whole family will be late home and invites Decco over. He admits to his own family that he is going out with Caoimhe. Judith arrives home and Decco hides. Judith questions her about Decco but she tells her that she was just helping him with his FAS cert. When she confides in Decco what she said he gets insulted, accuses her of looking down on him and storms out.

Louie decides to get some practice and volunteers to babysit for Niamh and Paul. They meet up with Tommy and Judith, and Paul apologises for what he said. They laugh about it but when Tommy talks about staying away for the night Niamh notes how nervous Judith is.

Wednesday Sept 21
    Judith and Niamh bump into each other outside Phelan's and Judith tries to play down her concerns about Tommy staying the night in the ploughing championship. In the Faheys' household, Jo tries to ignore Tommy's pleading texts to go to the championship and organises a picnic for her and Dermot. But Dermot ruins it by being upset and distracted by Decco's continuous threatening behaviour. Jo then decides to go with Tommy. She tells Dermot that she is going on a hen with her friend and covers when he spots her wellies.

The Bishops probe Decco about his relationship with Caoimhe and he tells them that he dumped her, much to their delight. He goes to the community centre and he and Caoimhe make up. He is delighted as she publicly shows her affection for him in front of her mum.

The babysitting doesn't go too well as Carol struggles to look after Ruth. Louie tells her to go to pregnancy yoga to calm her down. A furious Judith meets Tommy and demands that he cancel his trip to Athy as his daughter has gone wayward. Tommy refuses to do so, making Judith even more suspicious.

Carol goes into the community centre, which is empty due to the loud music upstairs. She goes into the lift to go up to the pregnancy yoga but the lift gets stuck and her waters break! Petrified, as her phone isn't working, she calls out for help. But will anyone hear her..?

Thursday September 22nd

Jo and Tommy travel down to the championship and enjoy spending time together. But he warns Jo that they have to behave themselves as he knows a lot of people. Tommy secretly buys a brooch that Jo was looking at. Unbeknownst to him, he is being watched by another lady.

Later, Jo and Tommy are made off by Shelly, the lady who nearly destroyed Harry and Dolores's marriage and also had an affair with Tommy. Jo learns that Shelly was Judith's hairdresser but more than friends with Tommy. She is horrified when she realises that Shelley remembers her and Dermot, and has guessed she is having an affair with Tommy. Shelly slips Tommy her card. A furious Jo confronts him about his past infidelities, breaks it off with Tommy and demands to go home.

In The Hungry Pig, Decco puts more pressure on Dermot to give him money. And in the Beer Garden, Judith tries to cover her doubts about Tommy in front of Niamh. A shaken Dermot sits in the Fair City park, trying to clear his head. Paul sits beside him and tells him that Decco is blackmailing him. Paul advises him to come clean to the Belfast company. Dermot does this but is fired.

In the Dillons', Tommy arrives back early but Judith smells a rat. While Tommy is having a shower, Judith goes through his pockets and finds the brooch. She puts it back in her pocket before Tommy catches her.

Tandey wrote: »
    I noted on this thread a few weeks ago that she might be pregnant. I think "28" was a typo, surely they meant 38. Hopefully when she goes on maternity leave, they will kill her off or write her out for good. At least, we wont have to listen to that moany voice anymore

I noted on this thread a few weeks ago that she might be pregnant. I think "28" was a typo, surely they meant 38. Hopefully when she goes on maternity leave, they will kill her off or write her out for good. At least, we wont have to listen to that moany voice anymore

That is quite harsh... I like Jo and Dermot as a pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

So
    Shelly
    is coming back :eek: I wonder if the years have been kind to her

And meeting into her
    at the ploughing match
    of all places!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Anyone hear Joe on FM104 this morning? She was hilarious:D

angel01 wrote: »
    That is quite harsh... I like Jo and Dermot as a pairing.
    Its mostly her voice that irritates me. I like Dermot's character but, anytime Jo is onscreen, she makes me want to turn down the sound. She is one of my two most disliked characters.

Its mostly her voice that irritates me. I like Dermot's character but, anytime Jo is onscreen, she makes me want to turn down the sound. She is one of my two most disliked characters.

She doesn't bother me that much, a little OTT but she works well with Dermot and interested to see how they will write her out!

angel01 wrote: »
    She doesn't bother me that much, a little OTT but she works well with Dermot and interested to see how they will write her out!
    Yeah it will be interesting to see how she is written out. Especially because she is so family and community orientated. I would be very surprised if Dermot doesnt find out about her affair. The only other exit storyline i can think of is to send her away to do charity work....maybe in Africa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i agree with you max life!!! her voice rattles through my head! she has never been a fav character of mine.

i wonder how they are going to write her out for her pregnancy. will be interested to see! and she is definitely not 28! congrats to her for her pregnancy in real life though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement