Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have myself booked in for a wax tomorrow.

Teeny-tiny bit petrified, but I really want to give it a go again. If it doesn't work out this time I think I'm going to become a mountain woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What kinda wax is it DK?

What kinda wax is it DK?

Lycon 'bikini'

As I said on the phone, we'll start and see how far we get before I pass out.

She laughed. I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

EmilyO wrote: »
    +1 on the internet distraction. It's the worse thing ever when you actually need the internet to study as well. Did someone here mention something that blocks certain websites before?

Oh, welcome back Jane!!

It was StayFocusd never had a problem with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

jujibee wrote: »
    I think I missed it, but what happened to your mouth?

I only mentioned it in passing a few days ago, I'm just venting :o I get these sore patches, a form of mouth ulcer I guess, hot, ouchy and very annoying.

AND MY GODDAMN LAPTOP WON'T TYPE PROPERLY GAAAARRRRRGGHHHH! Took me 4 attempts to write "properly" :mad:

• Advertisement

That's a good one to use. Not half as sore as strip wax.

If your really nervous pop two nueofen 30min before going in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »

Teeny-tiny bit petrified, but I really want to give it a go again. If it doesn't work out this time I think I'm going to become a mountain woman.

I gave up after the first time
    havent tried this magical lycon stuff though

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Best of luck! After my last wax and the horror of it, I currently look like I'm smuggling a hamster in my knickers. Am going to bite the bullet and go next week.
    If that doesn't work out then I'm putting corn rows in it.

That's a good one to use. Not half as sore as strip wax.

If your really nervous pop two nueofen 30min before going in.

I will be, I have them in my bag already.

Last time I had that area done it was with strips alright, so hopefully. I'm going to Wish in Knocknacarra because I heard good things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

If you've had it done once, it shouldn't hurt as much as it did the first time, something about the hair root being weakened. I didn't even find my first time that painful, but I think I have a weirdly high pain threshold.

It'll be worth it ;)

• Advertisement

Maple wrote: »
    Best of luck! After my last wax and the horror of it, I currently look like I'm smuggling a hamster in my knickers. Am going to bite the bullet and go next week.

Full bush! ;)

I dunno is it a redhead thing but I keep getting told I have "strong hair." I wonder is that code for beautician's worst nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Feel like crap today. So tired and down. :(

Stupid fcuking depression. :mad:

Hope your feeling better love. Depression's a b*tch that way unfortunatly, wouldn't wish it on anyone x
    Acoshla wrote: »
    My mouth is bloody killing me, haven't been able to eat properly in days, so I starve for hours, then eat a cupcake, biscuit, other generally bad things, then starve for another few hours. I spent 30 minutes just now eating bacon, turnip, carrot and spuds, slowly carefully and painfully, but hopefully it'll keep me fed and away from sweet things for the night :(

Oh god that's like me last week, couldn't eat anything. if I ever see soup again it'll be too soon. Feel better soon!!!!
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Howdy loungers, how you're all well. Also, hello V5! I just decided to start posting at little bit again. :)

Yeay Jane!!! Hi Jane!!!! :D

Eeeep good luck and report back on your findings :p
    I'd love to get waxxed but I've no pain threshold. Passed out getting my belly button pierced :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Would laser work for you DK? I've had it lasered and it's the best thing I've ever done. I'm very pale with dark hair though so I'm their dream client.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Never, ever do a work review when really premenstrual. It was mostly very positive but with one area to improve on, which I started obsessing over in the car home, and am now sobbing in the kitchen over how useless i am at my job, even though I know I'm not. Back away slowly ladies, I've clearly flipped.

bubblefett wrote: »
    Eeeep good luck and report back on your findings :p
    I'd love to get waxxed but I've no pain threshold. Passed out getting my belly button pierced :o

I had a filling without anaesthetic, I was in labour for 72 hours, but I'm still nervous about having my curlies torn out.
    Would laser work for you DK? I've had it lasered and it's the best thing I've ever done. I'm very pale with dark hair though so I'm their dream client.

Doubt it. Whilst being ginger is fantastic and wonderful, it does have its drawbacks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Would love some cookies atm... but i ain't walking to the shop or breaking my €20 note!!

I have one left. It's going in the bin if you don't come save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeay Jane!!! Hi Jane!!!! :D

Hi!! :D:o

I forgot to write in my post earlier that I've started reading The Hunger Games and I'm really enjoying it. I bought it on Monday in Carlow because it was on offer and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Was definitely worth the €6.50 I paid for it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Got a call from a school for teaching practice!! Have a meeting with the principal on Friday. At least someone likes me! :D

Welcome back Jane! I love the Hunger Games! I devoured the first one and half of the second one in less than a day :p

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Camile ordered. GET IN MAH BELLEH. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I had a filling without anaesthetic, I was in labour for 72 hours, but I'm still nervous about having my curlies torn out.

I'm getting phantom pains in my teeth just reading that. Nyurgh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

That is rather terrifying. When I have kids I expect to go asleep and wake up with a baby. Anything less is unexceptable :p Really can't handle pain

That is rather terrifying. When I have kids I expect to go asleep and wake up with a baby. Anything less is unexceptable :p Really can't handle pain

Not planning on a Loom-birth, then? /uber-nerd joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Actually maybe it's weird that the filling freaked me out more than the labour...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

This actiononx stuff is really, really starting to make me angry, especially as the party who I voted for, because they stood for things I believed in, like womens rights, seem to be backtracking every step of the way and going against the wishes of their membership.

Never thought I'd see the day I'd be egging Gerry Adams on, but he's got me convinced...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

I forgot to write in my post earlier that I've started reading The Hunger Games and I'm really enjoying it. I bought it on Monday in Carlow because it was on offer and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Was definitely worth the €6.50 I paid for it. :D

I really enjoyed the books (although I managed to read the second book first somehow!), but the film was a big disappointment.

I need a personal trainer or just a mean person to scream at me and make me exercise and stop eating ****. I know the simple equation of move more + eat less = lose weight but I don't seem to be able to motivate myself :( I'm getting married in under 5 months, am a size 22 and so annoyed with myself but unable to convert that to motivation! Argh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

tomissex wrote: »
    Got a call from a school for teaching practice!! Have a meeting with the principal on Friday. At least someone likes me! :D

Welcome back Jane! I love the Hunger Games! I devoured the first one and half of the second one in less than a day :p

Best of luck with your meeting! Thanks for the welcome back. I started reading yesterday evening and I'm really enjoying it. Might head to bed soon and read for a bit. :)

Been looking up boarding kennels in Laois and I can only find three, two in Portlaoise and the other is in Ballybrittas. Cross your fingers that it's one of the ones in Portlaoise that needs an assistant because it would take me nearly an hour to get to the other one.

Edit: @angeldelight - A couple of other people have said the same thing to me actually, not sure if I'll watch the film. Will definitely read all the books though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Would love some cookies atm... but i ain't walking to the shop or breaking my €20 note!!

I have one left. It's going in the bin if you don't come save it.

i'd love it bt nahhhh!
    i've ran around after peeps all afternoon, now i'm watching my greys anatomy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Acoshla wrote: »
    I only mentioned it in passing a few days ago, I'm just venting :o I get these sore patches, a form of mouth ulcer I guess, hot, ouchy and very annoying.

Does mouthwashing with Corsodyl help at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Maple wrote: »
    If that doesn't work out then I'm putting corn rows in it.

Ah the joys of being male.

and I can put cornrows in my leg hair... :cool:

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Ah the joys of being male.

and I can put cornrows in my leg hair... :cool:

But you don't have the joys of being able to touch boobs 24/7 :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement