Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

littleman wrote: »
    I dont know if this is a spoiler or not,maybe the mods can judge it for me,but did any1 regonise who was doing the driving.I wont say anymore just incase it is a spoiler.
    The real driver spoiler

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6908/ff04a644b7ff3ee37be0d91.png

Storyline driver
    it's not B.D. who is driving the limo. It's Chris Jericho. Jericho was not shown on stage with all other guys at the end. Chris Jericho is pissed off that he is on a losing streak. Chris Jericho is Wade Barret's pro. Barrett said the NXT guys didn't have a beef with the most of the WWE locker room. (Except a few pro's) Jericho and Barrett and the NXT guys are going to join forces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

littleman wrote: »
    I dont know if this is a spoiler or not,maybe the mods can judge it for me,but did any1 regonise who was doing the driving.I wont say anymore just incase it is a spoiler.
    I would take a massive guess that it would be a stunt driver. They would not let anyone without training reverse a limo at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

has bryan tweeted anything about his release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He is taking bookings for Evolve.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/miscnews/article10012481.shtml

cena discusses Danielson and other stuff here. He comes across as such a decent bloke really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A question for those who would not have known much/did not belive the hype about Brian Danielson - if this indeed is real and he is back in the indies, would you be in any way more inclined to see his latest work, or check out some of he pre WWE exploits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gimmick wrote: »
    A question for those who would not have known much/did not belive the hype about Brian Danielson - if this indeed is real and he is back in the indies, would you be in any way more inclined to see his latest work, or check out some of he pre WWE exploits?

yea i didnt really see much of his stuff but ill definatly look at that earlier matches and of course his new indie work

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Great post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would make me inclined to check out some of his new stuff but not his earlier stuff.

As regards Cena's comments, it sounds like Danielson will be back in WWE sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭glenjamin

From PWI: "Bryan Danielson has been
    added to the 7/23 EVOLVE 4 event in Union City, NJ at the ACW Arena. The next night he's working for Dragon Gate USA in Philly."

Time to close that poll I think :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

glenjamin wrote: »
    Time to close that poll I think :(

Nah

Some people will still say its a work when he is jobbing to Abyss in TNA :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

42 people thought it was a work to just 33 people who thought it was real. The internet fans got it wrong. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Dean820 wrote: »
    42 people thought it was a work to just 33 people who thought it was real. The internet fans got it wrong. :P

Still could be a work - Just a damn good one. Id say they have removed him as an on screen talent but he is still o nthe books, and letting him do the evolve show will keep him visible to the IWC and build more for his return...

also as i said before....
    in work we have the contract with WWE for exclusive mobile content and we are working with them for more at the moment, whenever a superstar or diva is fired we get an email from WWE HQ telling us to remove that superstar entirely from our product offering......we havent received any email about Danielson (yet)

...and we still havent, which makes me still think he is still employed by them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

From my first post in the thread to date I'm still in the "Angle" corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Still could be a work - Just a damn good one. Id say they have removed him as an on screen talent but he is still o nthe books, and letting him do the evolve show will keep him visible to the IWC and build more for his return...

also as i said before....

...and we still havent, which makes me still think he is still employed by them!

as a matter of interest - have people form your company contacted the WWE for clarification? Has there been any mobile content delivered since he was sacked that has included him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

B.D. is working some indy shows, but no ROH or TNA. He has a no compete on tv clause, but can compete on other indy shows. So work or real he can still be in WWE and work in Dragon gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ah i think that's it, really; he's taking bookings, and gonna show up at EVOLVE and DGUSA; he's been released. WWE never let their talent do indy shows. Well, see ya in ~90 days BD :)

(btw that DGUSA will friggin' rock. It's just a shame they can't get Davey Richards as well)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ah i think that's it, really; he's taking bookings, and gonna show up at EVOLVE and DGUSA; he's been released. WWE never let their talent do indy shows. Well, see ya in ~90 days BD :)

(btw that DGUSA will friggin' rock. It's just a shame they can't get Davey Richards as well)

yeah since he is taking bookings ive closed the poll.

my opinion, its worked reality as in yes they have to let him go but they had no intention to so they are keeping him in the minds of all those in the IWC and will maybe occasionally reference him on air so as to keep him in the minds of the people who gained an interest in him during his NXT run. maybe have Wade/the Miz/Cole just occasionally reference how they supposidly ran him out of the company. then eventually when the heat is off from whatever external source prompted his departure he will return and get them back for all their comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

my opinion, its worked reality as in yes they have to let him go but they had no intention to so they are keeping him in the minds of all those in the IWC and will maybe occasionally reference him on air so as to keep him in the minds of the people who gained an interest in him during his NXT run. maybe have Wade/the Miz/Cole just occasionally reference how they supposidly ran him out of the company. then eventually when the heat is off from whatever external source prompted his departure he will return and get them back for all their comments.

Yes I think this is the likely outcome. I was wondering what would have happened if someone like say The Miz or R Truth had done what Danielson did. Would they have released them also?

• Advertisement

Yes I think this is the likely outcome. I was wondering what would have happened if someone like say The Miz or R Truth had done what Danielson did. Would they have released them also?

Miz no -- he's far too valuable to WWE right now, R-Truth no (since he has the US title)...but maybe if he wasn't champion. Different rules depending on where you are on the totem pole in WWE. Sure do ya remember even CM Punk got punished for not adhering to the suit dress-code, despite Cena, Taker etc not wearing a suit!

as a matter of interest - have people form your company contacted the WWE for clarification? Has there been any mobile content delivered since he was sacked that has included him?

WWE treat us as if no one in the company watches any shows (in all honest i am the only one that does) so they always inform us of "future endevours", we received a wallpaper before he was let go, and we got the video footage of the first invasion with the incident so they know we have the content, but seeing as he hasnt been on tv since there is no footage, so we havent received anything extra!

I still believe he is still contracted to WWE and will be back when the heat dies down as BH said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I dont really watch but, but am I right in saying, this guy gott fired for 'chokeing'someone with a tie??
    I realise its PG and all that but.... you can slam someone through a table. Hit them with a chair. attack them with a pipe or sledgehammer.... but you get fired for that????
    thats laughable!! a kids show indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

I dont really watch but, but am I right in saying, this guy gott fired for 'chokeing'someone with a tie??
    I realise its PG and all that but.... you can slam someone through a table. Hit them with a chair. attack them with a pipe or sledgehammer.... but you get fired for that????
    thats laughable!! a kids show indeed!

to be fair it was quite graphic for pg.

not Bryan's fault as much as the director but thats show business

Although I still believe it is legit WWE did let Matt Hardy fulfill indy bookings a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

to be honest ive changed my mind. the story seems to be fizzeling out so no i do think its real. that being said its easy for them to turn reality in to story and vice versa. i dont think we will ever truely know if this was a work.

i do think he will be back eventually and just like he was written out im sure he will be written back in. of course thats if TNA dont convince him to defect

Agreed. For me, whether it's a work or shoot boils down to :

Does Danielson fully appear on RAW this week or next week?
    No = Shoot
    Yes = Work.

It's no, so it's a shoot, unfortunately :(

Danielson being fired isn't a turn in the story, it's a compensation for something real that happened (i.e. so it's a shoot). Maybe they'll do a mystery angle where people think it's Danielson; but that's a cover-up for him being gone. When he returns to WWE, it'll be a "new" run; i'd count Matt Hardy coming back in 2005 as a "new" run.

chordtype wrote: »
    Although I still believe it is legit WWE did let Matt Hardy fulfill indy bookings a few years ago.

Wasn't he legitimately fired though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm starting to think this might be a work. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 MegaAwesomeOne

Hopefully this is not legit. I think he is definitely a future World Champion, either in TNA or WWE. Have a feeling its not legit tho with Cena commenting via Twitter on the matter. I think it would have worked out great if this had happened a few weeks ago and Bryan was revealed to be Takers attacker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Work of Pillman proportions

What was the Brian Pillam work? That he'd "snapped" or the Austin breaking into his house thing?

My excellent copypasta skills have done this......

From Cena's twitter :

That Cena twitter stuff seems to be gone now or was this an in-joke by you guys ....
    in work we have the contract with WWE for exclusive mobile content and we are working with them for more at the moment, whenever a superstar or diva is fired we get an email from WWE HQ telling us to remove that superstar entirely from our product offering......we havent received any email about Danielson (yet), so im sticking with my original opinion that it is a work.....and it's a f*cking good one if it is!

Is this for real? Where do you work? how does an Irish company have an exclusive contract with WWE :confused: Never heard that mentioned on the TV.

Weird weird thread.

Lest we forget a few years back when Big Bossman was hung from the cell by his neck.

Although in fairness you could argue that kids wouldn't really have their own cell and Ministry of Darkness to try it at home. :pac:

[Off-topic]
    How did they do that? I always wonder these things. Stuff like that and the buried alive matches...
    Has there really not been any wrestler choking another since Benoit?

http://bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/75ca58e0afc13beb802573ae0047d70c?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=2#_Section2
    NO MERCY
    Video Feature
    Classified 11 December, 2007 .

This work was cut. The cut(s) were Compulsory. To obtain this category cuts of 1m 55s were required.

Hide details for Further information on cuts made

Company was obliged to remove sight of a wrestler being choked with an electrical cord. Cut required under BBFC Policy and the Video Recordings Act of 1984. Material removed on the grounds of possible harm to some of the likely audience, that is potential underage viewers in the home.

http://bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/A34A06AF6831B1D980256FAF004206B6?OpenDocument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

With the Buried Alive Match, i understand that there is a false bottom in the "grave" and that the wrestler simply falls through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

What was the Brian Pillam work? That he'd "snapped" or the Austin breaking into his house thing?

Well no, the work was his Loose Cannon gimmick, where he worked everyone(both fans and wrestlers alike) into thinking he was legimately off his rocker.

Is this for real? Where do you work? how does an Irish company have an exclusive contract with WWE :confused: Never heard that mentioned on the TV.

we have the exclusive contract to receive, distribute and sell WWE mobile content in Ireland. We sell videos (from every show and titantron/entrance vids), ringtones, voice tones, wallpapers, news alerts, and have ran competitions for tickets/heavyweight belt/extreme rules chair yada yada yada!

If a wrestler is let go we are told straight away to remove all trace of them from the system, even with Batista - but not with Danielson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

we have the exclusive contract to receive, distribute and sell WWE mobile content in Ireland. We sell videos (from every show and titantron/entrance vids), ringtones, voice tones, wallpapers, news alerts, and have ran competitions for tickets/heavyweight belt/extreme rules chair yada yada yada!

If a wrestler is let go we are told straight away to remove all trace of them from the system, even with Batista - but not with Danielson!

Think one of my mates, may have won some stuff from you guys recently...:cool:

Think one of my mates, may have won some stuff from you guys recently...:cool:

really?! cool! yeah we got some great prizes from wwe, and we'll hopefully be doing another competition in August for more! (I really tried to steal the belt but they wouldnt let me)

Sorry Off Topic.......I definatley think we havent seen the Last of Danielson, They will bring him back as an ass kickin face when everything dies down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

really?! cool! yeah we got some great prizes from wwe, and we'll hopefully be doing another competition in August for more! (I really tried to steal the belt but they wouldnt let me)

Sorry Off Topic.......I definatley think we havent seen the Last of Danielson, They will bring him back as an ass kickin face when everything dies down!

So, you guys are responsible for all the WWE ads in the back of the tabloids?

• Advertisement

My thoughts now are that he's been legitimately let go - but told behind closed doors that he can come back in 3 months once everything blows over. He's been probably told to work in the Indy scene in the meanwhile to keep his in-ring ability fresh for when he comes back. WWE won't let him go permanently IMO.

Degag wrote: »
    So, you guys are responsible for all the WWE ads in the back of the tabloids?

depends, we havent done much print ads but we have done a few recently....Irish tabloid?...yeah probably us......english? no not us!
    dlofnep wrote: »
    My thoughts now are that he's been legitimately let go - but told behind closed doors that he can come back in 3 months once everything blows over. He's been probably told to work in the Indy scene in the meanwhile to keep his in-ring ability fresh for when he comes back. WWE won't let him go permanently IMO.

I dont think danielson is the type to ever get ring rust tbh! !

I dont think danielson is the type to ever get ring rust tbh! !

Did he originally request to go to FCW after his dark-match debut against Chavo because he said he had ring rust? :P

Yep, that noob needed to learn how to work :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source: The Wrestling Observer
    It's being reported that Shawn Michaels apparently became furious when he heard the news that Bryan Danielson had been released from WWE. For those unaware, Michaels was Danielson's original trainer.

^^ HBK = Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Of course he would. That's making HBK look bad too. I'm sure it wasn't because of soundness.

If only Trips was upset. Dude would be back in seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

[Off-topic]
    How did they do that? I always wonder these things. Stuff like that and the buried alive matches...
    Oh well if you watch it back,
    you can see when they hooked it up to his neck, they put loose rope around his next and he tightended it to make it look real, but the rope was actually hooked to his collar to then lift him up with the cage.
    Spoilers for the "WRESTLING IS REAL TO ME DAMMIT" people :pac:

I'm sure the Undertaker hanging the Big Bossman would go down well with sponsors today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- One of the stranger things about Daniel Bryan's WWE release is that Vince McMahon personally fired him via telephone late Friday night of last week, instead of having someone like John Laurinaitis do it. WWE creative and company executives were said to have no idea that any trouble with Danielson was even brewing. Some knew that there was heat from the tie incident on RAW but nobody expected that this would happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement