Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 32 to be 100,000 capacity. What would be your lineup to fill the stadium

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would direct you to the wrestling travel sub board, those lads should know best

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lads have Kane and Big Show ever had a one on one Mania match? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Very hard to build Sting vs Taker with Sting losing his only other match.

Working within the constraints of Austin not returning and Rock not being gave permission by anyone he has any obligations to in Hollywood for a match with Brock.

Rock vs Hunter with some sort of Ronda vs Stephanie element involved
    Cena or Rollins vs Reigns - 2nd try for Reigns's big WM title winning moment
    Cena or Brock vs Taker - retirement match
    Rollins or Brock vs Bryan or whoever they can convince themselves is as over as Bryan (a returning Jeff Hardy?)
    Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Dolph Ziggler and others - schmozzy spot fest opener

Beyond the big matches it doesn't really matter, so I'll just make guesses on who else could be positioned as a major attraction
    Shawn Michaels (if he's ever gonna have another match, it'll be here, but they'll have him involved somehow or another)
    Kurt Angle (if he can be cleared for a match, obviously he can't)
    Stone Cold Steve Austin - guest referee for something or another
    A genuinely impressive music act (really struggling to think of who this could be, but I'd have to imagine they can get someone significantly better than normal for a venue of that size)
    Ehh... Michael Cole?

Y'know, when I think about it, there's a dangerous level of ambiguity with the midcard right now. The upper midcard need to be a hell of a lot more carefully booked so they don't slip into the ambiguous roles of the rest of the roster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Still none of the main events announced and they have 100 thousand tickets to sell. This should be interesting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Still none of the main events announced and they have 100 thousand tickets to sell. This should be interesting ;)

If Austin was to be announced in the morning it would be a sellout.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    If Austin was to be announced in the morning it would be a sellout.

True but people need to let go of Austin ever setting foot in a ring to wrestle again. Vince simply will never clear him medically with the massive risks his neck has.

Now Brock Vs Rock with Steve as referee on the other hand could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It's 10 months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

True but people need to let go of Austin ever setting foot in a ring to wrestle again. Vince simply will never clear him medically with the massive risks his neck has.

Now Brock Vs Rock with Steve as referee on the other hand could be interesting.

If Austin said he would, there is no way Vince would say no, it would smash box office records, i would say its all down to Austin himself, as much as i'd love to see him back, i don't think he should, sure didn't he say he found it difficult for a long time, that to retire when he had to, because he wasn't ready, i'd say he doesn't want to go down that road again, getting the buzz of getting back into character and to just walk away again after all these years.

I don't see Rock v Brock happening, Rock is a proper movie star now and because of an injury, i think there is no chance he's gonna put himself in such a physical match that Lesnar would bring.

gimmick wrote: »
    It's 10 months away.

Yes but they announced Rock Vs Cena one year in advance. They need to do something similar with at least one of the marquee matches I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If I was WWE I'd fill the card with blow in talent against guys that will there week in week out. Maybe have taker v sting as a dream match but I have a feeling they will sell out regardless with a lot of main talent and some celebrity involvement, so why not push talent while they have all eyes on them. Struggling to think of a male in respect of Mayweather who can realistically be involved but rousey is a great shout.

Brock v Owens.
    Rousey v Steph.
    Taker v Sting
    Shield triple threat with HHH as ref
    Cena v Corbin
    Gimmick battle royal ( I loved 17s version)
    Multi man ladder match
    Balor v Bray
    Multi team tag match.

Think Corbin albeit still green who be a good opponent for Cena, nice dynamic.

With Owens c Brock it's dominance v dominance and a chance for Wwe to capatilise on the ending of undertakers streak. Owens elevation would be huge .

The gimmick battle royal would allow some time for older personas to appear on raw and Smackdown etc. having rhyno come out and gore Tajiri on a random raw would be awesome.

Balor v bray would be cool just for what they could come up with in regards brays gimmick and balors demon persona.

Multi matches are self explanatory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Brock v Joe.......

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Roman Reigns VS Seth Rollins VS Dean Ambrose

Taker VS Sting

Daniel Bryan VS Brock

Cena VS Owens

Bray Wyatt VS Rusev

Randy VS Neville

Multi Man tag match of whoever's around then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

This Shield triple threat match is being built up way too much online! Its gonna be a good match, but I get the feeling some ppl are gonna be very disappointed the way its being talked about and once it happens its gonna happen again and again and again and again! And then they will reunite.

Anyway my card at the moment would be :

WWE Title : Roman Reigns v John Cena (RR Winner) This is where Id have Cena turn heel and join a new Authority/Corporation type stable. Have a Rock Austin WM X7 type build with both being edgy faces and nobody being sure of who is turning

Brock Lesnar v Kevin Owens Have Owens screw Lesnar somewhere and it writes itself. Owens and Heyman promos would be fun too

Triple H/Stephanie v The Rock/Ronda Rousey Mainstream attention match. Hell Id even try and get Dana White involved somehow.

Finn Balor v Sheamus Angry heel Sheamus jealous of all the attention The Demon gets, possibly a US title match

Dean Ambrose/Stone Cold Steve Austin v Seth Rollins/Chris Jericho A way to get Austin on the card and give Ambrose and Rollins a rub. Dunno why Jericho would be with Rollins but Id have them destroy Ambrose along with some other goons and Austin out of the blue make the save and put Ambrose over as the anti authority take no sh*t babyface.

Sasha Banks v Paige Straight up no nonsense womens match with two of the best they have

Multi man IC match

Tag Title match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The threads about Taker/Brock and mania made me wanna bump this with another attempt.
    34964606_wwe-nuovi-rumors-su-32-0.jpg

World Heavyweight title match
    Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose
    New stars to main event the part timer filled mania with the Shield triple threat everyone wants to see. Will it be the super heel Seth, the fan favourite Ambrose or the man smarks know has corporate behind him in Reigns. Their in ring style really works well too with each having what the other lacks hense The Shields matches were always so good.

Retirement match
    The Undertaker vs Sting
    The two Icons of WWF/E and WCW, The deadman and the Franchise going toe to toe in a wrestlemania moment for the ages. No more fitting way for either mans career to end imho, it will sell tickets without doubt too

Special referee & mainstream attention getting match
    HHH w/Stephanie McMahon vs The Rock w/Ronda Rousey Ref: SCSA
    the seeds were sown at last years mania but perhaps Rhonda won't be able to compete stil her in the Rocks corner going up against The Authority is money add SCSA in texas into the mix and this event is sold out before we even see Brock or Cenas name on the card

Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt
    The New face of fear vs The Demon as he has his WWE debut match (outside of NXT) on the grandest stage of them all would be quite a sight to behold. With so many eyes on mania Finn could be an instant star after this one

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton
    This is the WWE were talking about, they are not going to leave Randy Orton off the mania card. They are going to give him a high profile match and he has never gone one on one (technically he has but that was before Orton had a character back in 2002) with Brock.While for Brock this is probably the biggest fresh match up.

The Divas Title - fatal four way
    Nikki Bella vs Charlotte vs Paige vs Sasha
    After all the talk of the Divas revolution (ugh that term) you know they will have a place on the big show and I'd wager it'l be a multi-diva match. You could have Nattie or Becky in there but atm i'd guess at these four

US title handicap match
    John Cena vs The New Day
    Speaking of which you gotta have John Cena on the card and why not vs the stars of the year The New day and just to mix things up on the card a bit have it as a handicap match with supercena trying to overcome the odds as per usual.

Intercontinental title match
    Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn
    Book ending the show with the new big stars on the roster and in this case with a feud that is just pure gold and like the shield triple threat on the other side something meant for the grand stage of mania. Owens and Zayn would deliver, they always do

--Pre Show--

Tag Team Title ladder/table/TLC Match
    The Usos vs The Dudleys
    So as to big up the Pre Show have the tag titles defended here and make a ladder match but with the Dudleys involved tables wouldn't be far away so it'd essentially be a TLC match.

Andre Battle Royal
    Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Samoa Joe, Cesaro, Sandow, Neville, Big Show, Ryback, Rusev, Mark Henry, Barrett, Luke Harper, Kane, Cody Rhodes, Tyler Breeze, The Miz and more
    despite how stacked that card is look at the names who didn't make the main show, The Battle Royal would give them a spot and who knows maybe we would get some NXT entrants too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ok i'll try again seeing as BH has bumped the thread

34964606_wwe-nuovi-rumors-su-32-0.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Title
    John Cena v Roman Reigns

Slight change from my original idea, I would have Cena come in as Champ and then stick to my original plan of Cena turning heel in the main event on their biggest card ever. Probably with help from a new faction

Brocks Revenge
    Brock Lesnar v Kevin Owens

I really wanna see this. Have Owens screw Lesnar in a title match at the Rumble. Everytime they touch in the build up either Owens gets the best of it or he avoids Brock. Match itself I wouldnt mind who went over once both look good coming out of it.

The Authority;Ultimate Power or Total Elimination
    HHH w/Stephanie v Seth Rollins

Basic story of if HHH wins the Authority have more power than ever and Seth is gone from WWE and if Seth wins the Authority is no more. Obviously Id have Seth win. Maybe have it be the moment he is embraced by the rest of the faces for getting rid of HHH and Steph.

War Games
    The Wyatt Family (Bray, Harper, Rowan, Strowman & Bo Dallas) v Team Good Guys (Cesaro, Ambrose, Neville, Balor & Sting)

The one match WWE fans have wanted to see since 2001 is finally booked and for a logical reason. The Wyatt have decimated the roster for months. Bray is US champ and has left everyone laying. Finally Cesaro steps up to lead a team with the big mystery being who his fifth member would be, reveal Sting 2 weeks before WM. Team Good Guys gotta win with Rowan tapping to Cesaros sharpshooter.

Undertakers final match
    Undertaker v Randy Orton

Its under whelming I know. First Raw of the year Undertaker says its gonna be his last WM, doesnt know who he will face etc..Randy Orton instantly makes the challenge and Taker dismisses him as not good enough anymore. This lights a fire under Orton (think HBK the year Taker refused to face him) and Orton is taking out jobbers (Ryder, Rose, Slater, Titus) with the Punt for weeks until finally Taker agrees to face him. Taker wins, smoke, lightning and lights up and he is gone.

6 Diva Title Match
    Nikki Bella v Charlotte v Sasha Banks v Paige v Becky v Brie Bella

It is what it is. A cluster which would probably still go on as the píss break match before the main event. Revolution lost.....

3 Team Tag Title Ladder Match
    The Usos v New Day v The Dudleys

Spot fest to open the show, Usos and New Day flying everywhere, maybe get a Spike Dudley cameo to counteract Xavier. Usos win.

Kick off show:

Triple Threat IC Title
    Sheamus v Ryback v Rusev

The 3 big guys batter the shíte outta each other for the IC title. Rusev wins

Andre Battle Royal

Everyone else not mentioned plus some legends like New Age Outlaws, DDP, Booker T (keep him off the Panel), Rhino, Christian and then some NXT guys like Itami, Apollo Crews, Joe etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not sure about the whole card, but I would include at least some of the following:

Ambrose (WWE Champ) Vs Brock (Rumble Winner) - Last Man Standing/I Quit

Rollins Vs HHH

Rock Vs Reigns

Bray Wyatt Vs Finn Balor

The Four Horsewomen (Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Bayley) vs Nikki, Brie, Paige & Steph

Owens Vs Samoa Joe (IC Title)

Cody Rhodes Vs Ziggler Vs Bryan Vs Itami (US Title Fatal 4-Way)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think BH has the perfect card for WrestleMania.

I really wish they bring back MITB to WM (and get rid of MITB PPV) since it was a great way to open the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Paddy Power are taking odds on Undertaker vs Sting.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/wwe/Wrestlemania-32---The-Undertaker-v-Sting-9306133.html

Sting would need to get a couple of wins in to create interest in that match if it happens but with his injury I don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

For BH's card, it's tough to see how Sheamus will go from MITB holder to playing a bit-part role in the Battle Royal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For BH's card, it's tough to see how Sheamus will go from MITB holder to playing a bit-part role in the Battle Royal?

By any chance have you heard of Damien Sandow ?

• Advertisement

By any chance have you heard of Damien Sandow ?

Sandow was an "up and comer". I don't think he should have gotten the case. It was also during a time where there was two champions and a few months later they had unified them. They had to take the case from Sandow because he was never going to be the number 1 guy.

Wouldn't shock me to see Sheamus vs Brock.

Brock v Rock is also a likely option.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Brock vs Rock
    HHH vs Rollins
    Reigns vs Cena (WWE Title)
    Taker vs Sting or Kane
    Owens vs Zayn (IC Title)
    Balor vs Bray
    Ambrose vs Jericho or Orton
    New Day vs Dudleys vs The Hardys in a TLC match (Tag Titles)
    Samoa Joe vs Ziggler vs Cesaro vs Rusev (US Title)

There are so many possibilities for the main event.

Rock vs a heel Reigns would be great.
    A Shield Triple Threat
    Lesnar vs Rollins vs Reigns for the belt
    HHH vs Rock with Austin as the ref for control of the company (with Vince returning to TV)
    Cena vs Taker

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

imagine a cm punk vs Seth Rollins title match

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭briany

Brock vs Rock is a bad idea. Two part-timers who probably won't be there the next night. It'll put a lot of bums in seats, sure, but with little long-term payoff.

Anything that Brock/Taker get involved in at WM32 should be all about elevating other performers. They don't necessarily have to lose, but certainly put on a good match that helps pass the torch to some younger talent. Some younger talent who we're actually going to be seeing every week.

Brock vs. Sheamus is an interesting possibility, but the WWE would have to really elevate Sheamus as a credible opponent and work in an interesting storyline. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Sheamus cash in his MitB, successfully, and become the new, loose-cannon, rampaging talisman of the Authority, ousting Rollins, who'd go on to re-form his alliance with Reigns and Ambrose. This would set up a return for Brock into the title picture come January. Brock/Sheamus would be a seriously stiff match. It's a pity about Sheamus in that he can do a lot more, I think, than what's asked of him. It feels like he's basically a walking action figure at this point. Almost all WWE performers suffer from this, but especially Sheamus as his look is so distinctive.

Taker/Kane would have been good in a tag v. The Wyatts, but that looks like it's being set up for SS (or something similar).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I agree with Bounty Hunter's 1st three matches;
    World title - Shield Triple Threat
    HHH vs Rock
    Undertaker vs Sting
    These are the best possible matchups to sell this Wrestlemania in my eyes. After that I'd fantasy book:

Brock Lesnar vs Sheamus - No Holds Barred Match
    Lesnar vs Orton is probably the biggest fresh match both could have but if anything it might be too big in the context of the card which would make Lesnar beating Sheamus a more realistic shout? Lesnar vs Orton could main event Summerslam so I wouldn't use it as the 4th biggest match here. Lesnar & Sheamus would be a good physical match & wouldn't need to be overly long either. I'd also make it a short month long feud which uses Lesnar on RAW most weeks in order to keep the crowd interested as I don't think Heyman & Sheamus could sell it on their own.

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Finn Balor vs Kevin Owens (c)

Balor's a genuine international star so putting him in the Intercontinental Championship match on the biggest stage of them all makes sense. I think Owens is the perfect bad guy whose heel work alone would make fans get behind Finn. Also sells the Network as a place to see the future of Wrestlemania.

MexAmerica States Championship Match :pac:
    John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio (c)

Ok so I'm reaching here but keep Cena off tv until the Rumble & this would be the best fit for him in my opinion.

10-minute Diva's Championship Scramble Match
    Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Nikki Bella vs Brie Bella vs Paige (c)

Gets the main players on the card, we haven't seen a Championship Scramble match in a while & the concept would allow everyone to get their spots in without making the match seem unnaturally rushed. Becky, Natalya, Bayley or Naomi would work in place of someone but these multi diva matches have a fine line between workable & complete mess.

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt
    Both men belong on the main card & I have nothing else for them. This is fairly representative of WWE booking at times :P

Tag Titles Match
    The New Day vs The Dudleys vs The Hardys

Stranger things have happened than having The Dudleys & The Hardys at Wrestlemania in 2015. I'd even have Edge & Christian backstage interviewing each team during the pre-show. Fantasy booking 101 :cool:

Pre Show
    Andre Battle Royale
    Loads of people in this that could be on the main card: Ziggler, Rusev, Miz, Cesaro, Stardust, Big Show, Kane, the 3 Wyatts, Jericho, Barrett, Neville etc. I'd scrap the MitB PPV and bring it back to Mania but I don't think there'd be enough time for it above.

Naomi, Tamina & Alicia Fox vs Becky, Natalya & Bayley
    Done to avoid over-congestion in the title match. Could even split teams into Naomi & Tamina vs Alicia & Nattie vs Becky & Bayley and create a Diva's tag team championship, though imo that's the guts of a year away yet as the writers are still struggling with one women's feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Meh, I'll give It a shot.
    WWE Title
    Seth Rollins(C) vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose
    Give Reigns the title because that's what they're going to do anyway, have Ambrose screw Rollins somehow to start a feud between the two. Sheamus teases a cash In but decides against It.

Last Man Standing
    John Cena vs Undertaker
    Have Taker go over and retire, because Cena doesn't need a rub.

Once In a lifetime :pac:
    The Rock vs Brock Lesnar
    Brock wins, a loss would hurt too much after the roll he's been on

Stupid Filler
    Triple H,Randy Orton,Batista vs Sting,Chris Jericho,Rob Van Dam
    Sting gets a win, RVD,Y2J were surprise partners.

Submission Match
    Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle
    Give this one to Bryan, as he makes his way back into the title picture.

Intercontinental Title Steel Cage
    Ryback vs Kevin Owens(C) vs Finn Balor vs Sami Zayn
    Balor please

Divas Title
    Bayley vs Sasha(C) vs Paige
    Paige wins, Rousey makes an entrance and teases a match with Paige

Family Feud Tables Elimination Match
    Bray Wyatt,Luke Harper,Erik Rowan vs Bubba Ray,D-von,Spike
    Wyatts go over, that other dude interferes, numbers are too much, nice rub for the family

US Title
    Alberto Del Rio(C) vs Dolph Ziggler vs Cesaro vs Samoa Joe
    Give these a decent amount of time, have Cesaro go over clean.

Kick Off Show

Tag Titles
    The New Day(C) vs The Uso's
    Rusev gets revenge costing The New Day the titles.

Stupid Battle Royal
    Everybody Else
    Have It boil down to Big E and Rusev, Big E cheats to win.

No main event for this yet, which is surprising with 100 thousand tickets to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lets's see...

Undertaker vs John Cena

Triple H w/ Stephanie McMahon vs the Rock w/ Rhonda Rousey
    Special enforcer Stone Cold Steve Austin

WWE WHC Match:
    Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns(c) vs Dean Ambrose

Diva's Title Match:
    Paige(c) vs Sasha Banks

Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor(Sting if he's available instead)

IC Title Match:
    Kevin Owens(c) vs Sami Zayn

US Title Match:
    Alberto Del Rio(c) vs Cesaro vs Rusev vs Dolph Ziggler

Tag Team Title Match:
    New Day(c) vs Team 3D vs the Uso's vs the Vaudevillians

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Lets's see...

I somehow doubt thats how they'll use Brock on the biggest Mania of all time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement