Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Bad Horse wrote: »
    I'm hoping they stick with what was probably the initial intention and have Black Panther unmask. They could play it like BP is a local Wakandan superhero but by revealing his real identity means revealing he's actually the King of Wakanda. It'd be enough to make his unmasking mean something, while not unmasking Spider-Man as that would really screw up his solo films before they even begun.

But audiences know Spider-Man and his secret identity. Even though it's his first appearance in the MCU, they still would be familiar with him. Black panther is being introduced and even though the character is great, the general non-comic reading audience really aren't going to care if he unmasks. Spider-Man would have much more impact

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I dont think anyone will unmask i think this will be done differently then the comics. i think the in this marvel universe there is already enough heros who people know already like stark and captain america.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it will be quite different from the comics yeah, the "civil war" in this case might not even be about a registration act.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Did I read somewhere that they're dividing this movie into two parts (which I hate them doing in any event)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OU812 wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that they're dividing this movie into two parts (which I hate them doing in any event)

You're probably thinking of Infinity War which is the next Avengers outing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Quick question about the Civil war in the comics... and I have been in marvelipedia, wikipedia and all the other pedias, but i can´t find a straight answer... but some of the gents here will surely know...
    Peter Parker unmasks himself in Civil War, so is he now, after coming back from the dead, still a known person and does his family still have to go into hiding..? everyone still knows who spider-man is..?

He´s back from the comic book fake death, right..?

Also as I have your attention, is Charles xavier still dead..?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,153 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm hoping they stick with what was probably the initial intention and have Black Panther unmask. They could play it like BP is a local Wakandan superhero but by revealing his real identity means revealing he's actually the King of Wakanda. It'd be enough to make his unmasking mean something, while not unmasking Spider-Man as that would really screw up his solo films before they even begun.

can't see why the King of another country would unmask himself for an American government act. In the comics he steers quite clear of both sides (at least up to the half-way point which i have read (read the 7 civil war comics, now reading the 90+ comics around it)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Quick question about the Civil war in the comics... and I have been in marvelipedia, wikipedia and all the other pedias, but i can´t find a straight answer... but some of the gents here will surely know...
    Peter Parker unmasks himself in Civil War, so is he now, after coming back from the dead, still a known person and does his family still have to go into hiding..? everyone still knows who spider-man is..?

It's Ultimate Spiderman who died (diffrent timeline) he was replaced by Miles Morales and the regular universe spiderman who was unmasked as far as i know he signed a deal with the devil for everything to go back to normal, Regular spiderman died but not really , he swapped bodies with Doc Ock who became spiderman for a while , But some of peter was still in his body if that makes sense and he fought back Doc Ock and eventually regained control ......someone else might be able to clear that up even more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Charles Xavier was killed by a Phoenix possessed Cyclops
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Civil_War_%28Event%29

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Aunt May gets shot and is dying, so Peter made a deal with the devil Mephisto to save her by essentially removing people's knowledge of him being Spider-Man from their minds, like as if he had never unmasked during Civil War. So no-one knows who Spider-Man is any more (with certain exceptions). Also, he never necessarily died, but Doc Ock took over his body for about a year or so and was living as Peter/Spider-Man. That's been reversed now though so it's normal Peter again.

And yes, Xavier is still dead. Red Skull kind of absorbed his powers and a fragment of his mind, but he's still technically dead. No one really dies in comics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

It's Ultimate Spiderman who died (diffrent timeline) he was replaced by Miles Morales and the regular universe spiderman who was unmasked as far as i know he signed a deal with the devil for everything to go back to normal, Regular spiderman died but not really , he swapped bodies with Doc Ock who became spiderman for a while , But some of peter was still in his body if that makes sense and he fought back Doc Ock and eventually regained control ......someone else might be able to clear that up even more

Yup, that makes perfect sense.

Is it hilariously convoluted reading as it was me typing it :D

And yes, Xavier is still dead. Red Skull kind of absorbed his powers and a fragment of his mind, but he's still technically dead. No one really dies in comics.
    He stole Charles Xavier's brain

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He stole Charles Xavier's brain

Well, that's the technical scientific explanation of course :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I really did not expect to get so many comic spoilers in the film thread, this is all very confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

cliche!

first photo of crossbones
    4yJDnwr-56f84.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Not surprising, it will probably be a cameo can't imagine they'd use his storyline from the comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Suprising to have Black Panther involved. Like was said earlier he tended to regularly dissapear back to Wakanda. Even when he was an active Avenger he'd still go home for a while quite regularly. Dont know why he would be interested in an American Act.

• Advertisement

Rumor not confirmed
    Lineups of Captain America's and Iron Man's Teams
    Captain America will be fighting alongside Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and the Winter Soldier. Iron Man, meanwhile, will count the Vision, Spider-Man, Black Widow and War Machine on his side. Black Panther is absent from both lists as it's already been made clear by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige that he will play a neutral role in "Civil War

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-captain-america-civil-war-sides-revealed

Another POTENTIAL/POSSIBLE SPOILER for Civil War..

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    According to Heroic Hollywood, Black Panther’s father, T’Chaka, will bite the dust in Captain America: Civil War,

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-Civil-War-May-Kill-Off-Another-Major-Character-75717.html

Rumor not confirmed
    Captain America will be fighting alongside Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and the Winter Soldier. Iron Man, meanwhile, will count the Vision, Spider-Man, Black Widow and War Machine on his side. Black Panther is absent from both lists as it's already been made clear by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige that he will play a neutral role in "Civil War

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-captain-america-civil-war-sides-revealed
    That makes sense regarding T'Challa. Not too suprising how the rest have divided I guess

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    According to Heroic Hollywood, Black Panther’s father, T’Chaka, will bite the dust in Captain America: Civil War,

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-Civil-War-May-Kill-Off-Another-Major-Character-75717.html
    Ulyses Klaw be involved I wonder.

Rumor not confirmed

That makes sense regarding T'Challa. Not too suprising how the rest have divided I guess

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Will Ulyses Klaw be involved I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,153 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rumor not confirmed

Speculation on line up and possible story...
    I wonder if something will happen to Hawkeyes family, as a result of him going public, and force a change of mind.

Also, in the comic Hank Pym is a Registration guy, I wonder it will be the same here with a Hank Pym/Scott Lang split.

Spider Man being on Iron Mans side worries me - it is true to the comic book but surely unmasking Spider Man in this universe makes little sense (he is barely a superhero as of yet and is 16 years old) and would mean Peter Parker is known as Spider Man from the first instant of his first solo movie - would be odd.

SPOILER WARNING FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR AHEAD.

The international incident which leads to the Sokovia Accords and the conflict between Captain America & Tony Stark.
    The rumor is, according to trusted sources, the international incident in the film involving the Avengers that results in collateral damage involves Captain America and Scarlet Witch who are trying to apprehend Crossbones. The only problem is that Crossbones is wearing a suicide vest full of nasty explosives. In order to protect the civilians on the ground, Captain America orders Scarlet Witch to levitate Crossbones above ground. She does and unfortunately is unable to contain the massive explosion that sets off near a populated building causing death and destruction.

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/11/captain-america-civil-war-details-on-international-incident-reve/

Ahh for **** sake another class comic villain gone for **** !! and for what a plot device !!!

Ahh for **** sake another class comic villain gone for **** !! and for what a plot device !!!

I was thinking the exact same thing when i was reading it.. God Damn It Marvel :mad:

Captain America: Civil War First Look At Black Panther Costume
    http://comicbook.com/2015/08/12/captain-america-civil-war-first-look-at-black-panther-costume/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Looks like they ran out of budget before getting to Black Panther

Advertisement