Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Rumor not confirmed
    Lineups of Captain America's and Iron Man's Teams
    Captain America will be fighting alongside Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and the Winter Soldier. Iron Man, meanwhile, will count the Vision, Spider-Man, Black Widow and War Machine on his side. Black Panther is absent from both lists as it's already been made clear by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige that he will play a neutral role in "Civil War

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-captain-america-civil-war-sides-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Another POTENTIAL/POSSIBLE SPOILER for Civil War..

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    According to Heroic Hollywood, Black Panther’s father, T’Chaka, will bite the dust in Captain America: Civil War,

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-Civil-War-May-Kill-Off-Another-Major-Character-75717.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Rumor not confirmed
    Captain America will be fighting alongside Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and the Winter Soldier. Iron Man, meanwhile, will count the Vision, Spider-Man, Black Widow and War Machine on his side. Black Panther is absent from both lists as it's already been made clear by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige that he will play a neutral role in "Civil War

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-captain-america-civil-war-sides-revealed
    That makes sense regarding T'Challa. Not too suprising how the rest have divided I guess
    Lithium93_ wrote: »

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    According to Heroic Hollywood, Black Panther’s father, T’Chaka, will bite the dust in Captain America: Civil War,

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-Civil-War-May-Kill-Off-Another-Major-Character-75717.html
    Ulyses Klaw be involved I wonder.

Rumor not confirmed

That makes sense regarding T'Challa. Not too suprising how the rest have divided I guess

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Will Ulyses Klaw be involved I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,279 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rumor not confirmed

Speculation on line up and possible story...
    I wonder if something will happen to Hawkeyes family, as a result of him going public, and force a change of mind.

Also, in the comic Hank Pym is a Registration guy, I wonder it will be the same here with a Hank Pym/Scott Lang split.

Spider Man being on Iron Mans side worries me - it is true to the comic book but surely unmasking Spider Man in this universe makes little sense (he is barely a superhero as of yet and is 16 years old) and would mean Peter Parker is known as Spider Man from the first instant of his first solo movie - would be odd.

SPOILER WARNING FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR AHEAD.

The international incident which leads to the Sokovia Accords and the conflict between Captain America & Tony Stark.
    The rumor is, according to trusted sources, the international incident in the film involving the Avengers that results in collateral damage involves Captain America and Scarlet Witch who are trying to apprehend Crossbones. The only problem is that Crossbones is wearing a suicide vest full of nasty explosives. In order to protect the civilians on the ground, Captain America orders Scarlet Witch to levitate Crossbones above ground. She does and unfortunately is unable to contain the massive explosion that sets off near a populated building causing death and destruction.

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/11/captain-america-civil-war-details-on-international-incident-reve/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ahh for **** sake another class comic villain gone for **** !! and for what a plot device !!!

Ahh for **** sake another class comic villain gone for **** !! and for what a plot device !!!

I was thinking the exact same thing when i was reading it.. God Damn It Marvel :mad:

Captain America: Civil War First Look At Black Panther Costume
    http://comicbook.com/2015/08/12/captain-america-civil-war-first-look-at-black-panther-costume/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Looks like they ran out of budget before getting to Black Panther

Looks like they ran out of budget before getting to Black Panther

Not really, it's the costume as seen here, revealed by Marvel last year.

black-panther-cropped-136121.jpg

Would imagine it'll look better once it's shown in the trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

There was a civil war trailer shown at D23, hopefully leak this weekend.

details from it
    First, it looks as though Captain America’s initial team is: Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), The Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan), and Falcon.

Now, there may be more to it than that, and allegiances may switch as the story progresses, but that feels like a logical start (especially if you’ve seen the post-credits scene in “Ant-Man”).

From what we can tell from the footage, the split between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers is front and center, but still maintains that Marvel humor. "Sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect teeth,” Iron Man says to Cap.

According to Casey, the footage opens with Falcon launching his Redwing drone and scanning for threats in a building. Soon, Captain America and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) are seen chasing Crossbones, which means she is – at least initially – still working with Captain America. We’ve already seen some images of an epic fight between Cap and Frank Grillo’s Crossbones, but it’s possible that the confrontation takes place early in the film, when The Avengers are still united.

In the midst of this massive split between the heroes, Cap seems to have tempered his hopes for success. "In this job, you try to save everybody you can,” he says. “Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody."

Paul Bettany’s The Vision is also seen in the footage, but it’s unclear whose team he’s on. It would seem that whomever convinces The Vision to fight for them would have a strong advantage.

Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang is introduced to the team as well, and is seen geeking out a bit about the opportunity to enter the fray. “You know a lot of super people, so thanks for thinking of me,” he says to Cap.

Long-time comrades in arm face-off against one another as Black Widow and Hawkeye prepare to fight, leading us to believe that she will be on Team Iron Man, at least for part of the film.

"We're still friends right?" she asks of Hawkeye. "Depends on how hard you hit me.," he counters.

Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther—who we know will be introduced "Captain America: Civil War" -- is also seen in the footage, with what are being described as some incredible looking retractable claws.

Finally, The Winter Soldier himself, Bucky Barnes, is seen in a cage after having been captured by the government. During that scene, he says to Cap, "I know your mom's name is Sarah. You used to wear newspapers on your shoes.” It’s possible that this happens near the film's open, as the childhood friends-turned-enemies begin to rebuild trust.

As to the promised Easter Egg, it appears that it centers around a holding cell for superheroes. Now, this could be where Bucky was held. OR, it may tease The Inhumans. An Inhumans movie is planned, and their mythology is already being explored in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., so it wouldn’t be surprising if Marvel is laying the groundwork here.

No glimpse at Spider-Man just yet, but we have to imagine that he'll be revealed in the next big marketing push for the film.

Wanda MIA and T'Challa actually taking a side is weird.

Wanda MIA and T'Challa actually taking a side is weird.

Think they are using T'Challa as a place holder for Spidey, because in the movie he'll be neutral..

Kinda odd that Wanda is MIA.

• Advertisement

And the film's big bad has been confirmed..

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/10/elizabeth-olsen-confirms-baron-zemo-as-main-villain-in-captain-a/

So my theory =
    Baron Zemo goes toe to toe with Cap's team at the start of the film, causes major incident seen worldwide by everyone, and that sets the events of Civil War in motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any chance red skull will come back into the marvel universe ? Mad to see him again as besides Loki he's been the only decent villain in the films

ricero wrote: »
    Any chance red skull will come back into the marvel universe ? Mad to see him again as besides Loki he's been the only decent villain in the films

He could possibly be involved in either of the Infinity War films, though if Red Skull were to come back, it'd be a different actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The trailer is here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

looks 100% epic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

It looks really bland.

That said, initial trailers for Cap 2 were fairly bland and that ended up being one of Marvel's better movies.

Find it rich that Tony is talking about "limitations" when he's pretty much done whatever suited him in the past

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

looks 100% epic
    98%

Find it rich that Tony is talking about "limitations" when he's pretty much done whatever suited him in the past

The 2% is for Iron man when its Tony's face on screen, its an ad, so judgmental of me, but he looks bored and like he is collecting a cheque rather than acting but its just an ad.

The rest of it look fantastic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Does spiderman have a cameo in this or is that the avengers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Does spiderman have a cameo in this or is that the avengers?

He'll be in it, quite a significant role apparently. Looks like they're holding off on the reveal for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have to say looks great and not starting a dc war or anything but it looks to have a lot more substance than Batman vs Superman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Have to say looks great and not starting a dc war or anything but it looks to have a lot more substance than Batman vs Superman

It certainly looks a lot more emotionally charged than your typical Marvel film.

Looks promising. With the content at hand it'd be hard not to. Hopefully it follows through and gets things back on track after two slightly disappointing films preceding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

That moment was good but I'm not taking it literally. No way will Cap go any further than incapacitating Tony. That's going down a road they don't want or need to.

I'm sure there will be casualties but ones not necessarily committed through intent. If they are, they won't be committed by the big two.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks grand, nothing spectacular. Seems this civil war is more about Cap protecting Bucky than a registration act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

This looks terrific, if it's half as good as Cap 2 was, this'll be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looks grand, nothing spectacular. Seems this civil war is more about Cap protecting Bucky than a registration act?

That's what general Hulk's father in law would appear to be pushing for.

Russo Brothers Confirm Sokovia Accords are Their Superhuman Registration Act

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/25/cap-civil-war---russo-brothers-confirm-sokovia-accords-are-their/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I'm on the fence about this, I feel it's lacking characters due to no X-men or Fantastic 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Gbear wrote: »
    That's what general Hulk's father in law would appear to be pushing for.

I did not even realize that was General Ross! I was watching it and thinking, cool it's William Hurt, completely forgetting about the Incredible Hulk. :o

I'm on the fence about this, I feel it's lacking characters due to no X-men or Fantastic 4.

Madness. It's riddled with characters.

Kev W wrote: »

+1 I read that comment and thought maybe there was a different trailer that the other poster watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Kev W wrote: »

But it's supposed to be a war. This is Cap, Bucky and a few secondary heros vs Iron Man and a few secondary heros by the looks of it. It's like comparing a 5-a-side kickabout to the World Cup.

I don't really have a problem with it myself, 10 superheros plus some military folk going at each other should be plenty of entertainment but it's nowhere near the scale of what Civil War should be. It does have a 'just a little scuffle between heros' vibe to it so far (only 1 trailer in though).

What these trailers really need is a helicarrier, in flames, falling from the sky into New York city :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The fact is that Marvel are only using the Civil War title for name recognition to get fans excited. They're really only using the very basics of the premise: a disagreement between heroes. I think the sooner people get used to that the less disappointed they'll be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You'd think after Marvel's 'Age of Ultron', which equated to a few hectic days, we'd take titles with a pinch of salt :D

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    You'd think after Marvel's 'Age of Ultron', which equated to a few hectic days, we'd take titles with a pinch of salt :D

Stupidly, I never even thought about it. I was just like, Ultron is the bad guy, they had to work his name in. Other than his name, the title was quite silly in retrospect.

Avengers: 3.5 days of Ultron

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was always going to be a highly pared back version of civil war otherwise it would be the centre piece of the entire franchise instead of Infinity War as opposed to a Captain America movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,228 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »

The Age of Ultron was what Ultron was fighting for. After causing the extinction of humans, he said the only thing left would be metal, ie. him. The Avengers stopped the Age of Ultron from happening.

Penn wrote: »
    The Age of Ultron was what Ultron was fighting for. After causing the extinction of humans, he said the only thing left would be metal, ie. him. The Avengers stopped the Age of Ultron from happening.

Damn it, it sounds familiar now, I really paid no attention to that movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

To be honest i think they went with civil war so that when inifinty war begins superheros are scattered and alone and it takes this war to unify them again as the avengers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,228 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CramCycle wrote: »
    Damn it, it sounds familiar now, I really paid no attention to that movie.

Well they mostly just went with 'Age of Ultron' because there was a recent enough storyline in the comics with that name, same way 'Civil War' & 'Ragnarok' are names of comic stories, even if they're changing most of the story/characters and just keeping the bare bones of the story.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Well they mostly just went with 'Age of Ultron' because there was a recent enough storyline in the comics with that name

Possibly they just wanted to salvage that great title so it wouldn't go to waste on one of the worst comic series in recent years! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,563 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This looks like it could be really, really good. I pray they keep the stuff meant for the gag reel there instead of the film.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Russo Brothers Confirm Sokovia Accords are Their Superhuman Registration Act

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/25/cap-civil-war---russo-brothers-confirm-sokovia-accords-are-their/

its a really smart move when ya think about it.

no need at all to do a "set up" tragedy. just point to how the last few marvel films have ended and say "who the hells gonna do something about the people doing all this ?" .

there really has been an AWFULL lot of destruction across their set up films and sequels (new york three times that i can think of, Washington, that little town in thor 1 and london in 2, sokovia, even ant man resulted in something on an oklahoma bomber scale at the pym complex.) :D

so with that back drop already there they can go straight into the meat of the story on registration . personally i think its genius as its a nice nod to all thats come before and doesnt come off as a forced plot device.

with spidey coming in and antman having a secret identity too (IIRC) Theres your face of who the establishment side is gunning for and the set ups complete for what should be a fair film version of the comic.

worth remembering too that the ads for winter soldier did a good job at luring us in but not blowing the main plot so hopefully theres a fair amount of a feint going on .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

its a really smart move when ya think about it.

no need at all to do a "set up" tragedy. just point to how the last few marvel films have ended and say "who the hells gonna do something about the people doing all this ?" .

there really has been an AWFULL lot of destruction across their set up films and sequels (new york three times that i can think of, Washington, that little town in thor 1 and london in 2, sokovia, even ant man resulted in something on an oklahoma bomber scale at the pym complex.) :D

so with that back drop already there they can go straight into the meat of the story on registration . personally i think its genius as its a nice nod to all thats come before and doesnt come off as a forced plot device.

with spidey coming in and antman having a secret identity too (IIRC) Theres your face of who the establishment side is gunning for and the set ups complete for what should be a fair film version of the comic.

worth remembering too that the ads for winter soldier did a good job at luring us in but not blowing the main plot so hopefully theres a fair amount of a feint going on .

Agree with all this. In Agents of Shield
    , they also have a huge number of inhumans on the loose causing damage, which I see only getting worse in the run in to this. Another potential precursor is that the government has also started to get involved with dealing with gifted people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thats a good point about "agents of shield".

and its not the first time elements from the TV show made it into the cinematic universe. wasnt there a minor tie in with the opening sequence of "age of ultron" ?

hell the fallout of winter soldier basically changed the whole TV show too.

what you suggested would deffo up the anti for civil war and with that group you mention getting their own movie too it'd make sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement