Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If anyone is looking for a top-flight arcade stick, Madcatz' UK store is giving £80 off on SFxT sticks:
    http://store.gameshark.net/searchResults.asp?keyWord=street%20fighter%20x%20tekken

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's a guy in Cork selling the PS3 3d display, previously sold for around 450, now selling for 250, he has it up for 150, if only Iived near Cork!
    It'd be perfect for the games room, would move the PS3 up there as well.
    Dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Last of my games thrown up in auctions linky.Mostly nintendo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I find this very strange :S

I'm not sure if i think its well done or just horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I find this very strange :S

I'm not sure if i think its well done or just horrible

Can't say it appeals to me in any way shape or form :(

Master of the Universe

It's one of those ugly betting terminals which keep coming up for outrageous prices. Absolutely awful looking things.

Blame this guy! http://www.candy-cabs.com/

But just find it really strange...who would buy it like?

Anyone really into arcades wouldnt touch it.....**** THAT GUY!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There's a guy in Cork selling the PS3 3d display, previously sold for around 450, now selling for 250, he has it up for 150, if only Iived near Cork!
    It'd be perfect for the games room, would move the PS3 up there as well.
    Dammit!

He just jacked the price to €200, despite it being €250 new with 2 games, 2 games that are absent in his sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Just bought a Gameboy Colour and a playstation 2 off my mate for €35 with a load of games.

He's not sure what games he has but says there's definitely a lot of pokemon games for the Gameboy and a lot of ps2 games. €35 sounds like a good deal to me, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

TheStook wrote: »
    Just bought a Gameboy Colour and a playstation 2 off my mate for €35 with a load of games.

He's not sure what games he has but says there's definitely a lot of pokemon games for the Gameboy and a lot of ps2 games. €35 sounds like a good deal to me, is it?

If the Pokemon games are legit, and the batteries are still holding a save, then yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

He just jacked the price to €200, despite it being €250 new with 2 games, 2 games that are absent in his sale.

I don't think they're too reliable so no great loss. Typical current gen build quality, it's the same old sh1te just in 3d. I seriously can't see many ps3s or 360s around in five years time.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/General-Support/PS3-3D-Display-Occasional-Black-Screen/td-p/36454018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150984040592?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_659wt_1216

Will be splitting if it doesn't shift. A heck of a load of watchers on it, so if it's any of ye get your skates on!

Scratch that, I'm getting THREE gameboy colours including the yellow one and a gameboy advance sp, along with 5 legit pokemon games inc. Crystal.

Plus a ps2 and some games with a wireless controller which I never knew existed for the ps2. All for €35, now I know that's a good deal!

Scratch that, I'm getting THREE gameboy colours including the yellow one and a gameboy advance sp, along with 5 legit pokemon games inc. Crystal.

Plus a ps2 and some games with a wireless controller which I never knew existed for the ps2. All for €35, now I know that's a good deal!

Nice one, the PS2 is a great machine, tons and tons of great games out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The pokemon crystal will probably need a battery replacement and so will gold and silver if they're included. The batteries in that gen of pokemon games tend to run out a lot faster than red/blue/yellow, possibly due to the fact they have a clock system or Nintendo using cheaper batteries. Either way it's a great price for that lot.

Or just dont save, play it through.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Or just dont save, play it through.

I dig your style

The pokemon crystal will probably need a battery replacement and so will gold and silver if they're included. The batteries in that gen of pokemon games tend to run out a lot faster than red/blue/yellow, possibly due to the fact they have a clock system or Nintendo using cheaper batteries. Either way it's a great price for that lot.

Yeah I only recently heard about that, does replacing the batteries cost much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Yeah I only recently heard about that, does replacing the batteries cost much?

You (IIRC) need to get a special bit to open the case, last time I bought a bit for the SNES I got a pack of applicable batteries with it from the US, came to about €15 I think?

• Advertisement

All my games ending today. Laods with no bids yet. Chance for a few bargains Linky

Just got an email from the professors at Adverts saying my Nomad has been moved to the accessories section :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just got an email from the professors at Adverts saying my Nomad has been moved to the accessories section :rolleyes:

Well it is a fashion accessory for some! :P

Did they give you a reason why?

Achilles wrote: »
    Well it is a fashion accessory for some! :P

"We felt that your ad "Sega Nomad For Sale" was better suited to a different category."

Oh did yee? Good lads, well done...

Master of the Universe

"We felt that your ad "Sega Nomad For Sale" was better suited to a different category."

Oh did yee? Good lads, well done...

That is hilarious. I'd raise the issue in the adverts feedback forum (I think there is one?) for the fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Stupid question but what category was it in? Video Game Consoles or I dunno something silly like reversible sedge-wicks for sale?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

My snes mouse was moved as well. Admittedly it was to Nintendo from 'other consoles. '.

I'm finding it ridiculously hard to find any of the original Spyro's at a decent price, There's 4 charity shops in my town and all of them share one thing in common, fifa feckin 2003! Sick thing is I gave them all to my cousins when I got my Xbox 360 all those years ago thinking I'd never have any use for them, how silly I was.

Its sick to actually have no games from my childhood, sure I can buy them online but it's not the same knowing I already had them and threw them out! Oh well..

• Advertisement

isn't Skylanders all about Spyro? Could be driving up the popularity

isn't Skylanders all about Spyro? Could be driving up the popularity

He's one of the many characters but it was named after him for advertising I guess.. Yeah that's probably the reason

Master of the Universe

Here's a great deal, I'd be buying it if I didn't just buy an ST-V board!

Souky with the ST-V mobo for 130 delivered.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=23313

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »

Was looking at that alright, if it was Shienryu I would've snapped it up. As it is, nah. Good price though.

Master of the Universe

Heh, too horizontal for ya?! :pac:

Talk about bad timing though. I've been trying to pick it up with an ST-V mobo for an eternity now. Finally make the plunge, buy an ST-V and one appears with the mobo for super cheap.

Might be time to pm that other chap selling a cart only and see if I can shave off a few euro...

He's one of the many characters but it was named after him for advertising I guess.. Yeah that's probably the reason

The attraction of the games hve nothing to do with Spyro, he was a dead franchise anyway.
    The attraction is the mix of AR toys, high production values and clever marketing.
    Looks like Disney is bringing their own version out and the WiiU is capable of using the Gamepad as a interactive toy platform with no new hardware.
    I wonder if the next Smash Bros title might take advantage of the technology, given the historical presence of such toys within the game, as prizes. Could be cool.
    Certainly they'd be missing a trick if they don't get a Pokemon game out using the same tricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Heh, too horizontal for ya?! :pac:

Talk about bad timing though. I've been trying to pick it up with an ST-V mobo for an eternity now. Finally make the plunge, buy an ST-V and one appears with the mobo for super cheap.

Might be time to pm that other chap selling a cart only and see if I can shave off a few euro...

Or just buy that one for sale and sell the mobo you already have :)

Is that 130 euro or pounds?

Master of the Universe

Or just buy that one for sale and sell the mobo you already have :)

That's immediately what I was thinking the moment I saw it...dunno though, don't want to run the risk of being stuck with two ST-V mobos. Might not be the easiest thing to sell :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Is that 130 euro or pounds?

Euro! Including delivery!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Would this be an ok price for a complete Musha? 66 Pounds delivered.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281065698212

No bids on it yet and it ends at 5am.

Master of the Universe

That's pretty expensive. It's an expensive game, but you can get it cheaper than that. I think mine came to about 50 euro. Maybe even less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

That's pretty expensive. It's an expensive game, but you can get it cheaper than that. I think mine came to about 50 euro. Maybe even less.

Yeah that's what I was thinking... my everdrive will do for another while. :D

I've been trying to track a few games for the last while to see what would be the cheapest to get them at... on ebay you really have to be very quick with newly listed BIN's or just lucky.

Sounds about right, picked it up on taobao few months back think it came to just over 54 including shipping.

Some free gamecube games in my adverts ads http://www.adverts.ie/2699936

• Advertisement

There's a copy of Game Center CX (DS) for €6, CIB, in the Comic Book Guy's stall in Blackrock. I was gonna pick it up, but had to get a Megadrive cart to test out a PAL MD a friend of mine threw out. The thing is ****ed to the highest order, so you can tell how my day turned out.

Master of the Universe

Nice! Just got one myself. Doesn't post out for 15 days, but I'll probably have forgotten about it then so it'll be a nice surprise :)

Nice! Just got one myself. Doesn't post out for 15 days, but I'll probably have forgotten about it then so it'll be a nice surprise :)

Same here, the free P&P is the clincher.

Master of the Universe

You know those Wild Card floppy disk loading devices for the Snes? Well, they're a good bit rarer for the MD.

Check this out, the picture has it on a MD2. Can barely see the console :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERCEPTOR-32M-same-as-SUPER-WILD-CARD-ADAPTOR-sega-mega-drive-RARE-BOXED-/390549232780?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item5aee8c5c8c

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement