Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's happening! :D
    Now that it has been announced as official I can say with great enthusiasm that we are going forward with BOSCH, the screen adaptation of the Harry Bosch novels. I am so excited about this and it would have never come close to happening without the excitement and support of the fan base that watched and rated and shared the pilot thousands and thousands of times. Thank you so much!

I know there are all kinds of questions and most of them have no answers yet. I can tell you this - the first season will be the pilot and nine more episodes. The season will draw from City of Bones, The Concrete Blonde and Echo Park. What is super exciting to me is that the writers' room for the show opens tomorrow and a highly accomplished team of skilled writers will begin sketching out the season and then writing the episodes. I will be there too and am looking forward to taking part.

Probably the biggest question is: when can I see it? Guess what? That's my biggest question too, but for now I don't have an answer. Over the next several weeks the BOSCH creative team will be discussing this at length with Amazon Studios. The deeper question is what is the best way to deliver this story -- all at once or in weekly installments. As soon as I have an answer I can share, I certainly will.

As far as where the show will be available, we know it will be in all Amazon territories, but now that we have the go ahead, we will begin the process of finding homes for the show in other territories around the world. So if you want to see it, let your local providers know. Next week I go to Europe to help in the process of pitching the show to new territories. I think because the Bosch books have already created a fan base in many of these places that we should be successful in interesting broadcast, cable and streaming content providers everywhere.

In addition to all the fans who came out and supported the show, I also need to thank the BOSCH creative team. This certainly has been a team effort with many people on both sides of the camera doing their best work because they already knew and loved the books or wanted to tell an LA story shot in LA. A lot of different reasons brought everyone together for the pilot and it came together in a way that made this decision -- to me, at least -- a no brainer. Thanks so much and keep watching here for updates on this exciting project.

-- Michael Connelly

• Registered Users Posts: 60,360 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Double thumbs up :)

February can't come fast enough for me now!

Created by Michael Connelly, the show will air exclusively on Amazon Prime Instant Video in February 2015.

Bosch stars Titus Welliver as LAPD detective Harry Bosch, who attempts to solve a 13-year-old boy's homicide. At the same time, he is facing charges after allegedly murdering a serial killer suspect in cold blood.

Jamie Hector, Annie Wersching, Amy Aquino, Amy Price-Francis, Scott Wilson and Lance Reddick also feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I am just reading the latest Bosch book so I am really looking forward to this.

Launch date...
    The original series, which is based on Michael Connelly's best-selling novels, is launching on Amazon Prime Instant Video on February 13 in the UK, US and Germany.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a621559/amazon-to-launch-original-series-bosch-in-february.html#~p1mSpdg8eluF5W

• Advertisement

Just over 3 weeks away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is there anyway of viewing this without having a prime account? Can you just pay a one off charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Is there anyway of viewing this without having a prime account? Can you just pay a one off charge?

I don't know what the craic is with Amazon instant video in Ireland but over here its just like Netflix, £6 pm. I found it very good to begin with but its very annoying that they try to charge extra for newer episodes of shows - this only became apparent after I had become addicted to Parks & Rec and Madmen.

Bosch is literally the sole reason I've not cancelled it yet!

theteal wrote: »
    I don't know what the craic is with Amazon instant video in Ireland but over here its just like Netflix, £6 pm. I found it very good to begin with but its very annoying that they try to charge extra for newer episodes of shows - this only became apparent after I had become addicted to Parks & Rec and Madmen.

Bosch is literally the sole reason I've not cancelled it yet!

They don't try to charge extra, what happens is that once you get caught up to the current airing episodes then Amazon no longer have streaming rights so they offer you the ability to pay to stream them. It's actually not a bad system if you aren't willing to wait till the series is added to Prime or don't have Hulu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

They don't try to charge extra, what happens is that once you get caught up to the current airing episodes then Amazon no longer have streaming rights so they offer you the ability to pay to stream them. It's actually not a bad system if you aren't willing to wait till the series is added to Prime or don't have Hulu
    I've always thought that it makes it feel like they're holding the latest content to ransom.

• Advertisement

I've always thought that it makes it feel like they're holding the latest content to ransom.

The cost of amazon buying currently airing series to stream on Prime would be incredibly expensive. Look at Hulu, they do just that and the only way they can provide the service at a reasonable price is due to the inclusion of ads. I remember reading before that were Hulu to offer an ad free version the subscription would be about $50 a month. When you have Netflix paying $2-3 million for streaming rights to shows a year after they air, it says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The cost of amazon buying currently airing series to stream on Prime would be incredibly expensive. Look at Hulu, they do just that and the only way they can provide the service at a reasonable price is due to the inclusion of ads. I remember reading before that were Hulu to offer an ad free version the subscription would be about $50 a month. When you have Netflix paying $2-3 million for streaming rights to shows a year after they air, it says it all.
    As a consumer, it's frustrating to see the content there, but you have to pay for it on top of your subscription. In a way, I'd rather they didn't have it there at all. Always seemed to wind me up when I went to watch something that was behind a pay wall.

I never watched the pilot, but everything about this show is drawing me in to watch it.

As a consumer, it's frustrating to see the content there, but you have to pay for it on top of your subscription. In a way, I'd rather they didn't have it there at all. Always seemed to wind me up when I went to watch something that was behind a pay wall.

I never watched the pilot, but everything about this show is drawing me in to watch it.

Amazon Prime and them offering new episodes are separate entities. You don't need a subscription to avail of new TV and while it can be annoying it's understandable. If you want the latest TV then get a Hulu subscription, atm I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and will be getting use of my brother's HBO Go soon meaning that I have all the TV I'll ever need.

I wouldn't mind if it was the current airing episodes but, taking for example, madmen is currently airing season 7, Amazon are charging extra from season 4. Similar with parks & rec, they're charging extra from season 3. Its just a little annoying and it would be better if it was clear before you click into a season that its not part of your sub (maybe it does on the website but it doesn't on the xbox).

Amazon are good for their original content though. Transparent is a quality show and obviously Bosch will be awesome!

OK now stuff has taken a turn. I just tried to watch the Bosch pilot again on my Amazon Instant Video account (xbox and then laptop) but it won't play - the play button has been replaced with at button displaying the text "Sign up for Prime". I have checked on quite a few items in my back catalog and they all do the same thing, nothing will play. My paid for subscription is now absolutely useless, they're pushing me to upgrade to the full Prime account - I have received no notice of any changes.

Just for curiosity, I went through the steps to upgrade to Prime (they're giving 30 days free again - how nice!) but before I could confirm the selection a warning popped up informing me that the service will not work at my address as it's geo-locked. Dafuq is going on????

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Considering they released the pilot as a preview a good few months back, I'm surprised they didn't release two episodes yesterday. I think that would have been better.

Everything is great but I do find the "banter" (for the lack of a better word) between the prosecutor and Harry a bit cringey! Same with the IAD guys.

Watched the pilot episode of this and thought that it was brilliant. Lots of good actors in it. Looks very promising. Can't wait for the new episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What do we need to have / do to watch this when it starts on the 13th? Just sign up for an Amazon Prime account?

Really looking forward to this but I'm gonna have a hard time with Welliver as Bosch. I'm just gonna keep seeing Jimmy O from SOA!

Tomorrow :D

Reviews have been very very good so far.

Anyone who watched last years pilot should watch it again as it has been tweeked to fit this 10 episode run.

It's up now on Amazon UK.

• Advertisement

4 episodes in and it's a real slow burner and I'm loving it.

Dying to get home this evening to get stuck in to this! :)

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Dying to get home this evening to get stuck in to this! :)

I'm about to go into work so I have to wait till tomorrow to watch the rest.

Lads, I'm getting a Local Restriction message when I try to play this. How are y'all getting around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

same here, watched the pilot previously on prime ok but playback is not available because of my location now.?

Gutted! That's my weekend fooked now. :mad:

Gonna have to bring the woman out for a meal now and get her flowers and sh1t instead! :pac:

After my panic attack earlier in this thread, it turns out that everything is working fine today. Anyway, just got through the second episode. It's good but something feels a little off. . .can't explain it just yet. The reworking of the 1st episode makes a great improvement over the original pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

any ideas on how to get around the geographical restrictions on amazon?

any ideas on how to get around the geographical restrictions on amazon?

It is region restricted to the uk. We are not allowed discuss bypassing region restrictions on this forum.

• Advertisement

A PM will do! :)

Advertisement