Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,544 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is nobody watching this any more?

This thread a is lot quieter than other season premiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Is nobody watching this any more?

This thread a is lot quieter than other season premiers.

Lots of people I know have given up on it. Becoming too far fetched and Carrie being irritating are the main complaints I've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

evilivor wrote: »
    Footloose?
    The Following, FX Network show (or Sky Atlantic in Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

poor little ginger frannie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i don't mind a quick coming up this season but, thing at the end seemed to start showing all the main points of the next few episodes, argh

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kobe

I decided to give up this drama......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Quinn likes the fat chicks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I have to say I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first two episodes. It might have had something to do with the fact that Carrie hardly cried at all. :pac:

'Cold' Carrie is infinitely preferable to the bug-eyed crazy version whose obsession with Brody went beyond what anyone needed to see on their TV screen. So now the Carrie/Brody dynamic is gone I don't see how she's ever going to be as manic again. I'll probably be proved wrong but for now I'm happy to give the show another chance.

The show does dramatic stuff very well and that baying mob scene was very tense and thrilling, I honestly didn't expect things to go so horribly wrong.

Overall a good, solid start, with some interesting plotlines already opening up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭lukin

poor little ginger frannie

I was wondering why Carrie gave her an Irish name and then I remembered that Carrie told Brody in season one that she was half Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

That baby is the cut of Damian Lewis , I wonder is it his kid ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭trg

Anyone know if last night's episode is repeated on RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its an improvement on season 3 so far, but then again that isnt saying much. Enjoyed it and looking forward to next episode, I missed Saul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

trg wrote: »
    I'm watching it on the RTE Player atm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

trg wrote: »

It's on their player. http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10331456/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

"Civilian f###-monkey"
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Big step up from the last two seasons. Well the first part was anyway. When the show goes into full on spy thriller mode it works the best, the dramas at home not so much. Although I did find it fairly interesting to see just how detached Carrie has become from normal life. All the irritating characters are mostly gone and Carrie seems to be no longer a crying whingebag but instead is dislikeable in a darkly interesting way, so I'll give it a few more episodes at least as it seems to have an idea of where it's going this time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The baby is a brilliant bit of casting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

the_monkey wrote: »
    That baby is the cut of Damian Lewis , I wonder is it his kid ...

i assumed it was? is that now known then? i can't remember

baby is quite obviously a strong resemblance with the ginger hair

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

No disrespect to Carrie but I would have preferred if we moved away from her character completely in the season and brought in some fresh faces. Peter would be one of the few that I would hate to take out of the show.

So far though I'm liking the new storyline. Aayan looks like he could be a very interesting character.

Still gutted they killed off Corey Stoll so quickly! Was looking forward so much to see his character. Flashbacks now I suppose.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can't get over the casting of that kid. :)

Episode 3 is out now, BTW.

Mr E wrote: »

Episode 3 is out now, BTW.

Doesn't air until tonight I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hmmm, tempted to watch it. But then I won't have my Homeland/Boardwalk Empire double bill tomorrow. Hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Hmmm, tempted to watch it. But then I won't have my Homeland/Boardwalk Empire double bill tomorrow. Hmmmm

Not as good as my Good Wife/Boardwalk Empire double bill. The things we do to make Monday bearable.

Not as good as my Good Wife/Boardwalk Empire double bill. The things we do to make Monday bearable.
    Indeed. I miss the days of Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, Walking Dead and (classic) Dexter Mondays. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

lukin wrote: »
    I was wondering why Carrie gave her an Irish name and then I remembered that Carrie told Brody in season one that she was half Irish.

Ah finally that explains the crazy :pac:

Well, that episode contained a whole lotta nothin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

which episode?

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    which episode?
    3rd ep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wouldn't say that myself. Really enjoying this new series.

I'm enjoying it so far

Solid but unspectacular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I really really hope they aren't going where I think they're going with a Quinn-Carrie romance. I don't want him to be new Brody- he's better than that. She is such a duplicitous bitch. I was sickened by her talking to Assan (?) about justice for his family when she was the one who dropped the bomb on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Decent episode. Quinn's mental state is far more riveting to watch than Carrie's problems over the last few seasons.

I was getting rightly fed up of Quinn watching that YouTube video so I'm glad there was some point to it in the end.
    Totally predictable that he got over his trauma and will team up with Carrrie in Pakistan.I agree with those who hope they don't become a couple (only cause I'd be jealous though).
    Carrie looks far hotter with her hair tied up.
    Other than that a nothing ep.

I actually think Carrie looks hot. Pity she is so messed up in the head though.

Yeah, she's looking quite well.
    Her sweat on the jogging outfit changed pattern in a most peculiar manner in episode 3 though.

• Advertisement

Carrie is not hot in the slightest. Fara on the other hand.....dear god.

Carrie is not hot in the slightest. Fara on the other hand.....dear god.

Is that the fat lady

Shes quite an engaging personality

A hottie too if she slimmed down

Is that the fat lady

Shes quite an engaging personality

A hottie too if she slimmed down

No, Fara's the Iranian girl who appeared originally last season in CIA employ. Her family back in Tehran ended up helping when the CIA were working the Javadi angle. In this episode Carrie attempted unsuccessfully to use Fara to draw in Aayan, the survivor of the wedding massacre.

Fara is absolutely stunning, but I still think Carrie is alright looking, or at least Claire Danes is anyway. She has to put on a lot of strange expressions to emote the Carrie character, who has a lot of issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I really really hope they aren't going where I think they're going with a Quinn-Carrie romance. I don't want him to be new Brody- he's better than that. She is such a duplicitous bitch. I was sickened by her talking to Assan (?) about justice for his family when she was the one who dropped the bomb on them.

He's much better off with the apartment complex manager lady. She seems to make him much happier than that selfish, sour-faced egomaniac Carrie.

God, I can't stand Carrie this season. Brody had a lucky escape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

duridian wrote: »
    She has to put on a lot of strange expressions to emote the Carrie character, who has a lot of issues.

That's not a character trait....that's just "Claire Danes Face".

Certain actors just go through the same three or four faces for every scene, regardless of what the scene requires. Jennifer Lawrence is another one guilty of this but she has nice boobs so people let her away with it. It's amazing to think they gave her an academy award.....

He's much better off with the apartment complex manager lady. She seems to make him much happier than that selfish, sour-faced egomaniac Carrie.

God, I can't stand Carrie this season. Brody had a lucky escape.

I'm no feminist but I'm delighted to see a realistic relationship depicted on our screens. Somebody who's lived in the real world like this guy doesn't need to date page 3 girls to prove he's a "man". Nice to see the other 99% of womanhood get a look-in on primetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Why isn't anyone using the spoiler tag?

gg2 wrote: »
    Why isn't anyone using the spoiler tag?

Its in the thread title.

duridian wrote: »
    No, Fara's the Iranian girl who appeared originally last season in CIA employ. Her family back in Tehran ended up helping when the CIA were working the Javadi angle. In this episode Carrie attempted unsuccessfully to use Fara to draw in Aayan, the survivor of the wedding massacre.

Fara is absolutely stunning, but I still think Carrie is alright looking, or at least Claire Danes is anyway. She has to put on a lot of strange expressions to emote the Carrie character, who has a lot of issues.

yes i remember now

i think she was on the computer finance end of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

yes i remember now

i think she was on the computer finance end of things

Yes, she of the failed audition to be Tom Cruise's girlfriend/wife/incubator.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/10/katie-holmes-divorce-scientology

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

She was banging Barney Stinson for a while too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement