Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of Republic of Telly

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It was and I was surprised.

I was going to skip forward over it but thought I'd give it a go.

It's a pity he isn't able to keep the characteristics of The Viper from The Hardy Bucks too, he's not the same character anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It was and I was surprised.

I was going to skip forward over it but thought I'd give it a go.

It's a pity he isn't able to keep the characteristics of The Viper from The Hardy Bucks too, he's not the same character anymore.

Couldn't agree with you more. If he could keep the same character it would be gold.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Hmmm I don't think that series will have a best of.

There was one very good episode, some ok ones, but the last two weren't great at all.

Hmmm I don't think that series will have a best of.

There was one very good episode, some ok ones, but the last two weren't great at all.

Yeah it was a very poor series and an absolutely brutal final episode. When they did close ups of the audience half of them weren't laughing let alone smiling.

No and the live band made no sense, just filler really.

The News Republic slot did seem to improve as the series went on though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Threads merged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Should be put to bet like alot of rte stuff. Also keep Jennifer Maguire off the tv she is not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Should be put to bet like alot of rte stuff. Also keep Jennifer Maguire off the tv she is not funny.

I think it should be kept on the air and I love Jennifer McGuire

I think this season showed they do need Jen.

Anyway it's off air now until the Autumn/Winter so whatever problems they had this season I hope they can sort out by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i thought it peaked around 2011....it's really bad since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bridget and Eamon spin off sitcom commissioned so Jen is leaving ROT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Meh. :o:o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I didn't find any of those sketches funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I didn't find any of those sketches funny!

I though they were great. Especially the road trip where they went across the border without realising it

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It's going to be tough to bring that to a 25 min show I think. The Hardy Bucks, for example, had full story lines, a big cast, and 15-20 min episodes on youtube before they transitioned to TV. Bridget and Eamonn though have a small cast, small stories, and at a max 5 min episodes.

Jen is not coming back for the next series of Republic of Telly and I fear if they go down the Jen of the Week avenue to replace her, like they did last season, that there won't be anything left for her to come back to. Last season was mostly a failure, unfortunately as I really like the show, so they should stick one full time replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

It's going to be tough to bring that to a 25 min show I think. The Hardy Bucks, for example, had full story lines, a big cast, and 15-20 min episodes on youtube before they transitioned to TV. Bridget and Eamonn though have a small cast, small stories, and at a max 5 min episodes.

Jen is not coming back for the next series of Republic of Telly and I fear if they go down the Jen of the Week avenue to replace her, like they did last season, that there won't be anything left for her to come back to. Last season was mostly a failure, unfortunately as I really like the show, so they should stick one full time replacement.

Out of curiosity, what have you based that on?

Just my opinion of watching it.

I didn't really laugh or enjoy it that much, nowhere near as much as previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

yeah i thought it was hilarious up to 2011 then it died altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Should just leave it be and wrap the show up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Jennifer Maguire is not funny full stop.Why do RTE keep giving her series?

• Advertisement

darkdubh wrote: »

I felt she always came across as a bit of a **** more than anything.

I don't know what she's like in real life, I don't care either, but her on screen character worked very well with the other two lads I thought.

darkdubh wrote: »

This might provide a clue:

:o:o:o:D;)

It's back in 2 weeks

Anyone know what they're going to do to replace Jen?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's back in 2 weeks

Ah, I'm sure RTE can scare up some decent-looking D-list desperado. That'll probably be their angle, but they should probably get in a proper comedienne to make the show better, rather than someone who'd see it as a rung on the showbiz ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's back in 2 weeks

Joanne McNally will be taking over from Jennifer Maguire

At this stage, I'm beyond caring who presents it.

May as well be Tubridy. Or Alan Hughes. Or Panti. Or some complete stranger that they picked up off the street...

:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh christ this programme is gone beyond bad. What used to be a good satirical skit on TV is now just a haven for unfunny models, z list celebrities, childish sketches and unfunny presenters. And audience looking like they are being forced with the threat of interrogative west life music to laugh. I thought that with that 1diot Jennifer Maguire and Bernard o Shea gone it may pick up but that new presenter and her excruciating accent makes it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

its a show that is aimed at can drinking, craic having students.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

PTH2009 wrote: »
    its a show that is aimed at can drinking, craic having students.

just type in Republic of telly into twitter and almost 90% of comments are negative and this i the demographic it is (or should be) looking to "entertain"..............

Advertisement