Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Cork Psychic/Fortune Teller

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 janandbren

Hi guys, Can someone please PM me a number for Veronica in Blackpool or anyone else you find good in Cork City?would really appreciate it!!Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cookiesmonster

Hi just wondering does anyone have the number for the psychic Annette in cork , or have they gone to veronica in blackpool?? did they find it hard to get through to veroncia. ive tried ringing but it just rings out!! i really want to go to one.... help!!! thanks xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cookiesmonster

also who is this peter matthews fella, does he live in cork ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

cmandcool wrote: »
    hi could somebody pm me the number of veronica in blackpool and peter matthews plz.
    janandbren wrote: »
    Hi guys, Can someone please PM me a number for Veronica in Blackpool or anyone else you find good in Cork City?would really appreciate it!!Thanks
    Hi just wondering does anyone have the number for the psychic Annette in cork , or have they gone to veronica in blackpool?? did they find it hard to get through to veronica. ive tried ringing but it just rings out!! i really want to go to one.... help!!! thanks xx

You have to TEXT Veronica saying you're looking for a reading and then she'll text you back at some stage with the details.

The numbers for Annette Singleton, Veronica, Peter Matthew and a few other Cork readers can all be found in the psychics and mediums directory on paranormal.ie: http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html Scroll down list.
    also who is this peter matthew fella, does he live in cork ??

Peter Matthew is primarily a medium who's been fairly active for the last couple of years now. Yeah, he lives in Cork. I think he reads from The Commons Hotel in Blackpool these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I went to Veronica about 4 or 5 years ago, she was very good.

Tom Flynn is very good too, went to him last year.

• Advertisement

Megglz wrote: »
    I went to Veronica about 4 or 5 years ago, she was very good.

Tom Flynn is very good too, went to him last year.

I'd definitely agree with you about Veronica alright, but Tom Flynn? Nope. :rolleyes: I've met him once before (and disliked him) and have heard a fair few negative reports about his readings.

He was also portrayed in a less-than-favourable light (and rightly so, for the laughable capers himself and his fellow 'medium' comrade John O'Reilly got up to) in the book 'Haunted Cork' by Darren Mann (see the chapter about the 'haunted house' in Hollyhill). Personally, I think Flynn is a chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭carrie12

Veronica is due her first baby in August , so maybe shes out of bounds just for now, :) but she is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

He was also portrayed in a less-than-favourable light (and rightly so, for the laughable capers himself and his fellow 'medium' comrade John O'Reilly got up to) in the book 'Haunted Cork' by Darren Mann (see the chapter about the 'haunted house' in Hollyhill). Personally, I think Flynn is a chancer.

I must dig out that book again :D

I dunno, he was fairly spot on about a lot of things, even with names. Meh, take them with a pinch of salt anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bronty

dineel wrote: »
    Going to see Peter Matthews next week..Any advice/feedback?Thanks
    Well how did u find him

• Registered Users Posts: 49 murraymar

Hi I hope to have friends up in a few weeks and would like a fortune teller to come up to the house. Does any one have contact details for a fortune teller who travels.

Many thanks

Murraymar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 dineel

So sorry for the very late reply..Went to see Peter and thought he was OK..Certainly wouldn't be raving about him anyways..he named a few people that had passed on but that was about as good as it got..Gave the usual story of "will live happily ever after"..But so far none of the stuff has happened and would be sceptical as to whether it would or not..beginning to think these so called "psychic's" may not be all that you want them to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 49 murraymar

Hi Dineel, thanks for the reply. Does he travel? If so could you pm me his number.

Many thanks

Murraymar

So sorry for the very late reply..Went to see Peter and thought he was OK..Certainly wouldn't be raving about him anyways..he named a few people that had passed on but that was about as good as it got..Gave the usual story of "will live happily ever after"..But so far none of the stuff has happened and would be sceptical as to whether it would or not..beginning to think these so called "psychic's" may not be all that you want them to be..

Did you tell him that a lot of the stuff he said was inaccurate? When I was with him before, he mentioned a few things that meant nothing to me or didn't apply to me, so I just told him there and then. Like, he'd say, "I'm getting a Joseph here who looks to have worked in a factory with machinery connected to vehicles. Do you know who this is?" Me: "No, don't have a clue who that is." And then Peter would stop and try again.

It wasn't like he was trying to fish for 'clues' to thread together info to 'fit' me though. He couldn't have done that with me anyway because all I said was "No, means nothing," or whatever. Like, I didn't 'help' him and he was insistent from the start that I simply deny or confirm things he said (yes or no) anyway. I listened to the recording I made of it a few times afterwards as well and I didn't 'leak' any info - verbally at least.

I know people think the following is a convenient 'cop-out' now, but sometimes mediums can't make a strong connection with 'the other side'. Another thing is that they aren't any good at interpreting visual and/or auditory symbolism and references to things made by the deceased. In that case, I think it's the medium's responsibility to improve their discernment and understanding of subtle cues like the above. Peter might not be too good at comprehending visual references and the like because I noticed he'd have to try that bit harder to clarify what he was 'seeing'. So maybe brush up on that side of things.

I still think the man is genuine anyway. I'm not personally affiliated with him in any way but I've been quick to sort of 'champion' him based on my own experience. As I was walking out the door after the reading with him before, there was no doubt in my mind that he was the real mccoy. I was so stunned by the stuff he came out with, I didn't even go straight home and felt like I should go for a drink first instead and mull over it all.

But if you feel/felt like he was making a balls of the reading up until 10 minutes into it, you're entitled to stop the thing and walk away without paying a cent. Carol Byrne did that with me before after I kept telling her "No" and that I didn't know who blahblahblah was. No hassle.

This is sort of OT now, but I tried out a telephone reading from Sharon Neill (the blind psychic in Belfast, or wherever in N.I. she's from again) last year. She seemed like a nice woman - if an eency weency bit defensive, like she feels she has to prove herself more because of her disability, or something - but the reading was a non-runner. I paid her through PayPal beforehand and then she gave me a ring to arrange an appointment for the phone reading.

Anyway, on the day, she came out with one name after another that was inapplicable to me and even thought my parents were dead. No, very much alive actually. She was saying, "I have an older lady here but it's as if she didn't pass at an old age either. She has a maternal feel to her. This wouldn't be your mother, would it?" :rolleyes: Sharon thought I worked in an area that had something to do with animals (one of the 'deceased loved ones' had told her apparently). No. Well, there are a few apes in this building alright, lol.

Eventually, Sharon suggested that she put the reading to bed altogether and offer me a refund because none of what she was saying was resonating with me. That was grand with me. So, whatever about her reading skills, as it were, kudos to her for having the decency to stop flogging a dead horse and offering a refund.

well I have noticed that some people didn't find Peter as good as I did, and I am sorry to hear that, but I am glad I got a very good reading, to be honest Veronica told me the same, so if its wrong then the pair are wrong :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

i went to see peter matthews last week,i found him good i wish i had recorded it. he told me stuff about myself, he got in contact with loved ones who have passed. overall i was very happy and came away reflecting and content with my experience with him.

Does anyone know of Maria a French lady in Cobh, she is a medium and I found her to be very good, I would love some feed back as I got a reading last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭raz86

um...Annette Singleton is charging 80 now and working from her home in Douglas.

50 and town would have been cheaper and easier to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gingermagic

Hi folks,

I have arrived at this one a tad late. Talking from the point of view of someone who has done readings for 17 years (UK based) I thought I would say something.

Firstly there are as many charlatans doing this for a living as their are cowboy builders etc.... Secondly it can be difficult seperating the two on visual appearances or lifestyle alone. When going to a person for a reading people have expectations, either because of word of mouth, or from stereotypes of the types of people who do this. Having a title "white witch" give the impression of a person who knows about otherworldly type stuff. That is not a slight on the actual person who has this title its just a statement of my opinion. What I mean that people are to a certain degree pre-conditioned as to what to expect from a reading both positive and negative. Now that aside......

People who do readings do more than just read the card/palm or whatever. They know as soon as you walk in the door how your mood is, experience over the years hones these instincts. We also know straight away if a person comes with iron barriers up, generally because they are afraid of what you might find out, these people can be the easiest to read for. And then it is what messages are given psychically and the information on the cards/palm or what have you.

I had read an earlier post which stated; "that they heard of some people look at a persons palm and then telling them they can't read for them". I have known this to happen, I will say here; every time I have heard of that happening it is because the reader could not pick anything up for the person. I will also add I have never met a person who I have seen do it I have only heard, so it could still be a myth.

The best and mindblowing information to the person sitting in front of us does tend to come out of the blue, and when this stuff happens to me its says sit up and listen. Sadly this does not happen all the time, for reasons I don't understand I don't get psychic information for everybody. And I know neither does any other person in this field. In cases like this I let the person who I am reading for that I am not picking anything up psychically etc, however I am happy to give a general reading. The choice is then left with the person as to whether or not they want to continue....:)

Another bug bear is the telling the untimely demise of a person. No No No, can't say it enough....it is never the place of a reader/psychic to offer up that kind of information, even if they pick something like that up. It is a disgrace that anyone would, or tell anyone that they will be an alcholic by the time they are 38, if that is the information that the reader picked up then there are other ways of saying cut back on the drink, if in fact the person was drinking to much :rolleyes:

Word of mouth is always the best way to find a reader, no reader will please all of the people all of the time:o

Crap just looked at how much I have waffled on.....yikes....well don't know if that has cleared any stuff up or just made it worse:rolleyes:

Firstly there are as many charlatans doing this for a living as their are cowboy builders etc.... Secondly it can be difficult seperating the two on visual appearances or lifestyle alone. When going to a person for a reading people have expectations, either because of word of mouth, or from stereotypes of the types of people who do this. Having a title "white witch" give the impression of a person who knows about otherworldly type stuff. That is not a slight on the actual person who has this title its just a statement of my opinion. What I mean that people are to a certain degree pre-conditioned as to what to expect from a reading both positive and negative.

That's true - if someone is calling herself a witch, people contemplating seeing her are preconditioned to expecting mighty supernatural feats. Then again, from what I know, practicing witches can't levitate, turn toads into butterflies, or whatever (obviously). I don't think it's as fantastical and 'out there' as that.

So maybe people should inform themselves on what it is certain 'practitioners' really do (as a general guide)? There should be responsibility taken by both parties really for both sides' benefit.

Even with your average card reader or psychic, some people, from what I've gathered, don't seem to understand what they do or how they do it (and no, smart arses, I'm not inviting the explanation, 'they Google/cold read people.' smile.gif).

Granted, there's a real shoal of chancers out there (I've met a few myself) but, for those who are reading with the best of intentions, there's obviously a technique or some level of 'skill' involved. I think many people disregard this side of it and, occasionally, when they don't get the 100% amazing, mind-blowing results they want in readings, they just say succinctly that so-and-so was "crap."

Again, some of them are crap, to be fair; probably because they're blatantly reading body language and what have you, and never bothered their arse actually learning to master their cards, which are essentially a prop. So it's true in some cases and justifiable.
    People who do readings do more than just read the card/palm or whatever. They know as soon as you walk in the door how your mood is, experience over the years hones these instincts. We also know straight away if a person comes with iron barriers up, generally because they are afraid of what you might find out, these people can be the easiest to read for. And then it is what messages are given psychically and the information on the cards/palm or what have you.

Interesting that the people with their barriers up are easiest to read. I would have thought it was the opposite. Interesting.
    I had read an earlier post which stated; "that they heard of some people look at a persons palm and then telling them they can't read for them". I have known this to happen, I will say here; every time I have heard of that happening it is because the reader could not pick anything up for the person. I will also add I have never met a person who I have seen do it I have only heard, so it could still be a myth.

My cousin was telling me recently that two friends of hers went to see the White Witch in Cobh around summertime in 2010 and, when she brought them inside to sit down for the readings, she took one look at the palm of one of them and announced she "couldn't read her." Now, she had read for that particular girl before on a couple of occasions. My cousin's friend said she then led the girl outside the door to basically go away. They found it very odd.

They didn't think much more of it until one of the girls' parents died within about a year. I think the father died first about three months after the non-reading with the White Witch, and then her mother died roughly eight months later. Something like that.

Also, a lot of crap has happened to that girl recently - apparently she has diabetes (she's in her early 20s, like) and has gone a bit mental/unstable. I don't know if all that has anything to do with it, but my cousin and her friend remarked on the coincidence. Now, I always get a great laugh out of the White Witch and her shenanigans, but it is odd.
    Sadly this does not happen all the time, for reasons I don't understand I don't get psychic information for everybody. And I know neither does any other person in this field. In cases like this I let the person who I am reading for that I am not picking anything up psychically etc, however I am happy to give a general reading. The choice is then left with the person as to whether or not they want to continue....smile.gif

Yeah, that's the point - about 10 minutes in - where people should be given the option to go on or not, get a refund, etc. That's only fair (for both parties).
    Another bug bear is the telling the untimely demise of a person. No No No, can't say it enough....it is never the place of a reader/psychic to offer up that kind of information, even if they pick something like that up. It is a disgrace that anyone would, or tell anyone that they will be an alcholic by the time they are 38, if that is the information that the reader picked up then there are other ways of saying cut back on the drink, if in fact the person was drinking to much rolleyes.gif

I know - wouldn't it be smarter and more pragmatic to simply suggest to someone, "Mind your alcohol intake. Give your auld liver a break for a while, alright? Maybe get more exercise." As opposed to saying, "Your palm says you'll be an alcoholic by the age of 38 and you'll die soon afterwards." Dumb. rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 noodles2009

hi can anyone tell me whether Veronica in blackpool is still doing readings? If so could someone please PM me her number i'd love to go back to her thanks

• Advertisement

For anyone else who wants Veronica's number (or some other reader's), her number is listed in the following directory (scroll down list): http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Hi all. Just looking for a recommendation.

I've been to Annette Singleton, found her rubbish tbh. I went to the White Witch too, she was good for a laugh, a nice day out. :D

I've heard good things about Veronica, i'm actually waiting for a reply from her at the moment.

Some of the details in this thread are quite old so i'm wondering are there any other recommendations people have? I've seen Betty Gunn come up a bit, reviews are too mixed for me, likewise with Stephanie from Cobh.

I've heard of someone called Tereasa based in Shanbally? Does anyone know of her?

I've also heard of a man based in Killorglin co. Kerry who is supposed to be very good, but I can't seem to get details anywhere.

Humph :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Janekel

summerbaby wrote: »
    The psychic advised me that 6 months would be soon enough to see her again. You obviously don't agree or you wouldn't have asked who said it.
    Could u pm me her number please?? How much was she??!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sue_2

Going to Veronica next month . Would love to hear more about the girl from Shanbally . Annette is charging 80 it's a bit pricey, but really want to go to someone good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

Hi folks,
    Firstly there are as many charlatans doing this for a living as their are cowboy builders etc.... Secondly it can be difficult seperating the two on visual appearances or lifestyle alone. When going to a person for a reading people have expectations, either because of word of mouth, or from stereotypes of the types of people who do this. Having a title "white witch" give the impression of a person who knows about otherworldly type stuff. That is not a slight on the actual person who has this title its just a statement of my opinion. What I mean that people are to a certain degree pre-conditioned as to what to expect from a reading both positive and negative. Now that aside......
    yes there are many pretenders out there more so than many true psychics. but then on the other side of the coin you have some that would be more gifted than even the strongest psychics we know of but yet they dont use their gift. they are happy in life and it's by choice that they stay hidden.
    Hi folks,
    People who do readings do more than just read the card/palm or whatever.
    again true, people tend to think psychics as people who just read cards, palms, tea leaves etc. what they fail to see is there are different categories of psychics. just like you'd see in an army where different soldiers are trained for a specific purpose. most psychics tend to specialise in one main category whether it's cards, tea leaves. another category that most people wont be aware of is of those that specialise in seeing spirits of those that have passed on. they dont do cards or anything like that. they look beyond the world as we know it and can move from our world into the spirit world and back again as often as they like. these are the ones that rarely reveal themselves .not much if anything is known about these people. but they do exist . these people would be higher up the scale within the psychic world. other psychics tend to stay clear and give them a wide berth if they come across one as they are highly feared within the psychic realm.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Sue_2 wrote: »
    Going to Veronica next month . Would love to hear more about the girl from Shanbally . Annette is charging 80 it's a bit pricey, but really want to go to someone good

Can you pm me Veronicas number please? Went to her a few years ago, she was fab, would love to get another reading done.

newbee22 wrote: »
    Can you pm me Veronicas number please? Went to her a few years ago, she was fab, would love to get another reading done.

You'll find her number listed HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 natalieee

hi i would like to get gypsy rose lee's number :) ? can someone pm it to me please ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 notahopetoday

Fefa09 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I went to see Veronica and she was very good. She didnt have a lot to say but everything she said was fairly accurate...said i'd meet my soulmate within 7months and i'd marry him...He just proposed! My friend also went to see her and didnt find her great...thought she was a bit negative and off the mark on a few things. Have you been to see her yet and if so how'd it go?
    went to veronica in blackpool and stephanie in cobh both were excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 notahopetoday

Oswald wrote: »
    Me too Annette is amazing! Don't waste ur time on the white witch. I have annette's number but she has a website. She has an office n Tuckey St so she is very central if ur from Cork city.
    found antoinnette stephanie very very good

Advertisement