Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 1 Head to Head

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is the longest losing streak in the league coming to an end or am I to suffer more heartache.....

Leading Christy Browne by 5 with his mannone/krul, kaboul, chadli and siggy to go vs my krul, wisdom, chambers and sanchez

You sir deserve this piece of luck given your disastrous week just gone.

Small if tiny compensation but deserved...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Looks like I lose by 4, 5 bps for siggy and chadli making the difference.....
    The streak continues :pac:
    Btw well done Christy browne

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lost to Kilburn 76-63. I was hoping to build on my 3 consecutive wins but Kilburn's team played a blinder and I was always playing catch up. Up against the league leader next gameweek so will have to send the lads out all fired up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I beat Mike Ehrmantraut 85-70. Looks like he Better Call Saul to sort out his problems. Ultimately it came down to a full sweep of clean sheets for me coupled with Coloccini's goal. Best of luck Mike, no half measures going forward!

I now push into 3rd on goal difference on 24 points along with Captain Bob. SantryRed and Biscuits1988 lead the way on 27. From 24 points there's a gap of 6 points with 5 teams on 18.

my 6 in a row losing streak enters into battle this week against laluda (deadlineday).
    it has to end sometime, who will get the hiding is the question? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

I'm hoping ur losing streak lasts one more wk!!!looking at 3 players who are doubtful starters so this could be a test to my poor bench.best of luck...

2nd vs 3rd today as I take on Biscuits1988.

A win will bring me level while a defeat could really see a gap emerge at the top. I'm sure the chasing pack will all be hoping I can take the scalp in my away tie.

Mr.P -4

De Gea
    Clyne - Duff - Yun
    Sanchez - Hazard - Tadic - Siggy
    Pelle - Costa - Aguero (c)

Marney - Colo - Moore

Biscuits1988

Krul
    Chambers - Terry - Moore
    Sanchez - Hazard - Downing - Chadli
    Welbeck - Costa - Aguero (c)

Boyd - Duff - Naylor

We both have the same big 4 heavy hitters and captain so it'll come down to how our defences perform and our differentials. If my Southampton boys perform I have a good chance but ultimately I think my defence is weaker and that -4 saddled on my back could be crucial.

If I'm in with a shout of a comeback come Monday night I'll have to be happy, but points on the board are always better.

I'm down by 4 points in my tie against SantryRed, 33-29. I have Chambers to come off the bench with 1 point. He has Duff and Wisdom to come off the bench with a combined 3 points and also Quinn may replace Chadli. It then comes down to my Clyne and Hutton against his Bertrand and Chadli/Quinn. I basically need the Villa Saints game to finish scoreless or Hutton to score to stand a chance. If I end up losing it will be down to Di Maria's shocking miss.

I'm trailing by 17 points once you include all 3 players coming off Biscuits1988 bench. So my 3 Saints lads need to average 6 points each for me to win. It's possible but certainly advantage Biscuits1988.

Time to rein you in boy....

9.jpg

4 points down vs deadlineday 40 - 36 when auto subs are done
    deadlineday has bertrand left vs my clyne and tadic, its going to be close..... will the streak end????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

tadic vodoo doll been knitted as we speak!!one wk injury of course.....advantage u if he plays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭biscuits1988

Haha, got a great laugh out of that on a fairly depressing Monday morning Mr P!

Best of luck this evening, may the best man win.

Watched MOTD 2 last night... Hazard slipped JT in for a chance from about 3 yards but it was saved. So close to Fantasy Football euphoria and would surely have guaranteed the 3 points for me!

I lose by 2 points I think, bollox to clyne and his yellow card
    Well done deadlineday

Lost by 5 points to the league leader. Up next is Mickey T's number 1 fan. ;)

jebforever wrote: »

Lost by 6 points to 2nd place :pac:

Still sitting in 3rd and would like to keep it that way, 6 points off the top 2 on 30. The last thing we need is a complete breakaway from the rest. I'd like to see you do well but I'm afraid I may have to crush you, for the sake of the league of course.

I'm sure you understand :)

Lost by 6 points to 2nd place :pac:

Still sitting in 3rd and would like to keep it that way, 6 points off the top 2 on 30. The last thing we need is a complete breakaway from the rest. I'd like to see you do well but I'm afraid I may have to crush you, for the sake of the league of course.

I'm sure you understand :)

Well I've been telling the lads that this game is a massive one. The chance to take down the league's most popular team. Even this early in the season it's a definite 6 pointer because neither of us wants to get left too far behind. If I do lose it'll be 3 losses on the spin so I'm gonna give a rousing team talk to the lads to go out there and do themselves proud.

Well I've been telling the lads that this game is a massive one. The chance to take down the league's most popular team. Even this early in the season it's a definite 6 pointer because neither of us wants to get left too far behind. If I do lose it'll be 3 losses on the spin so I'm gonna give a rousing team talk to the lads to go out there and do themselves proud.

The word on the street is that this is a massive one for the fans so I'll be making sure the players know what needs to be done. I've got a big stick of the Wildcard hanging over them if they don't perform.

It's no secret that everyone wants to play for InanimateCarbonJ-Rod so I'd have plenty of options for replacements and the players know that.

The last thing they'll hear from me on Saturday ringing in their ears is:
    "In Rod we Trust"

In_rod_we_trust.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,944 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just as a general enquiry, with about a third of the season gone, how are people finding the format?

CSF wrote: »
    Just as a general enquiry, with about a third of the season gone, how are people finding the format?

Yeah it's going grand. The h2h aspect is ideal and was certainly the right choice. I wouldn't be making any transfers based on opponents but it's a bit of fun. It's good for the forum and once all the effort made in setting it up was done it runs like a dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Was a tight game. I thought I was goosed after hearing Clyne had scored!

• Advertisement

a disaster :pac: 7 defeats on the bounce must be the worst in the 4 divisions :eek:

a disaster :pac: 7 defeats on the bounce must be the worst in the 4 divisions :eek:

You fecking beat me though of course :pac:

You fecking beat me though of course :pac:

the highlight of anyones season :)

SantryRed wrote: »
    Was a tight game. I thought I was goosed after hearing Clyne had scored!

Yeah when I turned on Sky Sports News today and saw that Clyne had scored I was sure that I had won. That Bertrand assist was a sickener for me alright. That coupled with the Clyne yellow gave you the win. Without the Bertrand assist it would've been a draw.

Loving the setup in all honesty. It was a great idea and really brings the forum together and the banter that goes with it is always welcome.

ItsChecoTime, beware the wounded animal that is the Gerry Hattricks, the lads are fired up this week, the four point gap at the bottom can't be allowed to grow any bigger and the 7 in a row losing streak needs to end now

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

ItsChecoTime, beware the wounded animal that is the Gerry Hattricks, the lads are fired up this week, the four point gap at the bottom can't be allowed to grow any bigger and the 7 in a row losing streak needs to end now

I reckon this is your week fhb! Like many a bit of an injury crisis going on here and contemplating an 8 point hit at the moment..

Captain Bob -16 :O why couldnt i be playing you this week :pac:

I reckon this is your week fhb! Like many a bit of an injury crisis going on here and contemplating an 8 point hit at the moment..

your leading by 17 despite a -4...... haha i dont think its will be my week this week somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

your leading by 17 despite a -4...... haha i dont think its will be my week this week somehow

Got very lucky with my 2 transfers in with Cresswell and Austin, still wary that Aguero could do a job for you tomorrow though!

• Advertisement

8 in a row, surely the worst form in the entire football league, HighClass your up next for me, prepare yourself to be battered :pac:

Advertisement