Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭fletch

Hi
    Would any of the UPC representatives tell me how I should go about sorting out my service. It is appalling to be honest. Every single time I connect to the net I have issues, links take 3 or 4 clicks before they open, page cannot be displayed, images don't show etc etc etc... Rang customer service and explained that I was getting >90% packet loss but they hadn't a clue what I was talking about.
    68437705.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Davy wrote: »
    This should sort out anyone who hasn't received a voucher...
    Glad I saw this. I had an exchange of emails with Jason back in early March and was was told I’d be receiving a €50 voucher for Woodie's DIY/Atlantic Homecare which I still haven't received, six weeks later. To be honest I was beginning to give up on it; I've been busy enough dealing with one cock-up after another from their billing department. But I've emailed again now to ask if I can have a One4All voucher instead.

Jesus, they're hard work... I thought BT was bad! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

never received that voucher from CPW. and email UPC sales for status today, they asked me to wait for another 10 working days.

it has been nearly three months at this stage.

so bad experience of dealing with UPC. :mad:
    Sent: Mon 4/26/10 4:30 PM
    To:
    Hi Ying,

Your voucher was requested last week & has already been dispatched.

Please allow 7 to days 10 for postage.

Regards,
    The Retail Suppport Team

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chorus/ntl (Jason)
    UPC Chorus NTL are aware that some people are experiencing a delay in their voucher being sent by a merchant, and are chasing these up as a matter of priority. If people would like a One 4 All voucher to be sent by Chorus NTL directly instead, just email retailsales@upc.ie with your account number, and we will post out immediately.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Still no sign of the Carphone Warehouse voucher since I last contacted you on the 21/4. I'd like the One 4 All voucher instead. Can you give me an approximate date of arrival? (Am emailing retailsales@upc.ie also again).

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

fletch wrote: »
    Hi
    Would any of the UPC representatives tell me how I should go about sorting out my service. It is appalling to be honest. Every single time I connect to the net I have issues, links take 3 or 4 clicks before they open, page cannot be displayed, images don't show etc etc etc... Rang customer service and explained that I was getting >90% packet loss but they hadn't a clue what I was talking about.
    68437705.jpg

I'm not a UPC rep, but have had similar experience.
    Do you have a Cisco all in one modem\ wireless router?

If you do I'd guess that is the prime suspect, get them to change it for the old style Scientific Atlantic modem, for a router or wifi you will need a separate wireless router.

• Advertisement

HappyHarry wrote: »
    I'm not a UPC rep, but have had similar experience.
    Do you have a Cisco all in one modem\ wireless router?

If you do I'd guess that is the prime suspect, get them to change it for the old style Scientific Atlantic modem, for a router or wifi you will need a separate wireless router.
    Yes I do have the Cisco all in one modem/wireless router...thanks for that I will give them a shout AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

fletch wrote: »
    Yes I do have the Cisco all in one modem/wireless router...thanks for that I will give them a shout AGAIN.

OK, sounds like a similar problem, I was also getting huge packet loss and terrible results from pingtest.com too.

The line tested fine when they sent an engineer out. Had to call him back a second time, and this time he said he hard heard from other engineers that this type of problem is common with the Cisco units, he whipped it out and put in the old type with a separate netgear wireless router, and not a single problem since (about a month now).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just ran this on my Cisco router :-

15660181.png

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

You need to switch off IP Flood detection on the cisco router to get better results from pingtest.net.
    Link

DingDong wrote: »
    You need to switch off IP Flood detection on the cisco router to get better results from pingtest.net.
    Link
    Did that and now getting 0% packet loss and grade A...thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

NTL 15mb results

796406225.png

15670171.png

Any idea why packet loss isnt showing? would i be right in saying this is fairly poor?

Experiencing some absolutely HORRENDOUS customer service from UPC at the moment. Asked to speak to a supervisor last week about an issue I'm having and I was told there was a 48hour turn around on the call back. A week later and I'm still waiting. DISGRACEFUL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Since I cannot PM Jason for whatever reason I am forced to post here again.

Hello Jason,

I still have not received any voucher (One4all or car phone warehouse)

I was told I would receive my one4all voucher after 7-10 days by your sales team. It's now been over 10 days.

It's beginning to get ridiculous and I am thinking about cancelling my service.

Can you please check on my voucher.

Regards,
    Darragh Murphy

i have not got mine neither, but Jason sent me a email early on, and he said he was going to send me one4all voucher today. so hopefully it will be settled down after 2 and half months hard trial of contracting UPC Sales for that voucher.

it is really annoying case which i have been through really!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

^ ^ ^ ^
    What he said... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

gilbert wrote: »
    i have not got mine neither, but Jason sent me a email early on, and he said he was going to send me one4all voucher today. so hopefully it will be settled down after 2 and half months hard trial of contracting UPC Sales for that voucher.

it is really annoying case which i have been through really!!! :(

Similar scenario here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 photobirdirelan

got my 250Euro voucher from DID last Friday, 11 days after installation of modem, more than happy with that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

got my 250Euro voucher from DID last Friday, 11 days after installation of modem, more than happy with that.:)

+1 for me , I was waiting about 2 weeks for the €250 voucher . Recieved it 2 days after Jason (UPC guy here) said he'd look into it for me.
    Only downside was the wife made me buy a new fridge instead of a new Telly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dStSb

mscull wrote: »
    +1 for me , I was waiting about 2 weeks for the €250 voucher . Recieved it 2 days after Jason (UPC guy here) said he'd look into it for me.
    Only downside was the wife made me buy a new fridge instead of a new Telly :mad:

Is it now 250 EUR voucher if you connect to UPC?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dStSb wrote: »
    Is it now 250 EUR voucher if you connect to UPC?

If you sign up in D.I.D electrical. Its a different offer to this boards offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dStSb

Davy wrote: »
    If you sign up in D.I.D electrical. Its a different offer to this boards offer.
    Could you point to this offer ;)
    Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I already did :p

In a D.I.D store. I dont work for upc or d.i.d so dont know if its still available. Ring your local store and ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Does anybody know i there is a phone number dedicated to this offer?

I rang the day before yesterday and the guy that I was talking to said he would ring me back but I've had no word since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hey there Amaru KGB

Call us on 051595143 and we will look after you directly.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, just click through this link (Please see the terms & conditions) http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Amaru KGB wrote: »
    Does anybody know i there is a phone number dedicated to this offer?

I rang the day before yesterday and the guy that I was talking to said he would ring me back but I've had no word since

Jason I have not recieved my voucher yet. It's ridiculous. I have a bill due and refuse to pay it until I recieve my voucher.

neither do i, i have not received voucher yet! went to my mail box and nothing was there, i am so unhappy with all promise from upc sale.

i think that we should give one more week, as Jason Personally promised that voucher, which will be posted this week, i would like to give him another week,even though i am so angry with them right now..

I was told my one4all voucher was sent over 2 weeks ago now. Get your act together UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

After almost 2 months, I have also not received my voucher, after multiple phone calls and e-mails.

Boards.ie should really think twice before endorsing another UPC offer!

I agree, I signed up the very first day this was posted. I emailed and rang so many times I cant count them anymore. I have posted in this thread so many times aswell, Heck most of my postcount is from this thread.

I agree that boards should think twice about keeping this offer around. I think we should all send mails to UPC and comreg. Stating that if we do not receive our promised voucher we will cancel our service. It's gone beyond a joke now. I had planned to use the one4all voucher to buy my sister a ticket for a concert that is now booked out for her birthday. Not allot of money comes into my household so this was the only way I could afford it. What are you going to do about this UPC? Are you going to pay the higher cost for a ticket off ebay for my sister who cannot go see her favourite band with her mates? (Blink 182) I don't think so.

Honestly there has to be some sort of law against this...

Get your thumbs out UPC. And boards, the next time UPC come to you with a proposition to advertise there products here tell them to F off and shove it where the sun don't shine. Please and thank you.

P.S. I found Jason very helpful over PM and don't hold him responsible for this mess. I blame UPC as a whole.

• Advertisement

TBH, You can bring them to small claim court, just keep everything in your hand as evidences for court hearing. and then we can sue them for business negligence. a claim in respect of goods or services bought for private use from someone selling them in the course of a business (consumer claim).all the cost will be compensated by the business company.

click the link for further information,

https://smallclaims.courts.ie/esmallclaims/claim/Main?page=home&Language=English

but i wont go that far by now. as As a sale man, Jason is very helpful.thus we had better wait for another week and see what the story is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement