Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local Radio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭JuneJones

johnplayer wrote: »
    Not sure if you are having a dig at me there 😉 and I'm guessing you too have more then a passing interest going by calling yourself after a set of industry standard cans but without exposing myself too much I can say yes I've worked in Radio but it's been quite a few years ago . I've not worked on the Air so I'm slow criticise people who do . But I still maintain that the emptiest vessels make the most noise .
    explains the racket on tipp fm

The empty vessel syndrome is alive and kicking. There are two kinds of people, people who talk and people who do. The people who talk won't put themselves out there to be criticised but instead wait to criticise every move of the people who do.
    For the most part the people who do are too busy to hear the criticism anyhow so it doesn't really matter a whole lot to them.
    From what i have read of this you criticize anyone who does not like tipp fm. why don't you go on air. as for the people who do are too busy... too busy massaginging stats i would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Oh oh did I strike a nerve :-) relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Not sure if you are having a dig at me there 😉 and I'm guessing you too have more then a passing interest going by calling yourself after a set of industry standard cans but without exposing myself too much I can say yes I've worked in Radio but it's been quite a few years ago . I've not worked on the Air so I'm slow criticise people who do . But I still maintain that the emptiest vessels make the most noise .

I wasn't having a dig at all....I was just asking a question..I don't understand the squiggles after the word "there "...Have you ever heard of a Yamaha DT100 Motorbike? I didn't mean to upset you at all.

Oh oh did I strike a nerve :-) relax
    that is your thing bait and run. you keep repeating it trying to wind up people. you need to grow up

• Advertisement

I'm not baiting anyone and I'm certainly not running. This is a forum people have different opinions which we're all entitled to. You signed up a week ago and the sum total of your contribution to this thread is some rubbish about massaging figures. It's amazing a newbie found his way on here and got upset by something I posted, just how new are you :-)

I'm not baiting anyone and I'm certainly not running. This is a forum people have different opinions which we're all entitled to. You signed up a week ago and the sum total of your contribution to this thread is some rubbish about massaging figures. It's amazing a newbie found his way on here and got upset by something I posted, just how new are you :-)
    reported to mods

JuneJones wrote: »
    reported to mods

Good man :-)

DT100 wrote: »
    I wasn't having a dig at all....I was just asking a question..I don't understand the squiggles after the word "there "...Have you ever heard of a Yamaha DT100 Motorbike? I didn't mean to upset you at all.

I thought the DT in your username meant you signed up after a skinful, so that means I know nothing about radio or motor bikes :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Enough of the childish behavior and bickering. Please get back on topic. If you have a problem with a particular post, report it and leave it. I've issued a number of warnings on this thread and bans will be given if this continues.

• Advertisement

Ok Mr.G sorry if offence was taken, none was meant.

When Tipp FM was merged/taken over by Clare FM,they said they would share costs in non broadcasting areas.I see that some weekend programmes go across both stations.I think that would be sharing costs in broadcasting?It wouldn't surprise me,to see,at some stage in the future,that Tipp FM would broadcast mainly from its studios in Nenagh...and just have an office base in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Then the banner-ification of Tipp FM will be complete

Which is more important? Listened yesterday or Market Share. I see in the latest JNLR that Clare FM beats Tipp FM on 'listened yesterday' but Tipp FM has a greater 'market share'.

In laymans terms please, which station is performing better?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Market share is by far the most important thing for all stations as it simply measures the time spent listening . Dipping in and out of TippFM is ultimately of no benifit to the station. Share indicates the loyalty to the daily output and obviously all targeted advertising is more likely to reach its intended audience as listeners stay with you longer . Creating new audience is the battle for most stations because the likes of Tipp ( while the news today is promising ) need to attract new listeners and can't depend solely in the already converted . They will be crunching quarter hours on all shows and seeing where improvements can be made .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

probably not the correct thread but please move,,,,

does anyone on here living in the clonmel area have dab reception?

thanks

Roy

Two new presenters on Tipp FM breakfast show.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

Two new presenters on Tipp FM breakfast show.

http://radiotoday.ie/2015/03/tipp-fm-serve-up-all-new-breakfast-show/

Not a new show I'd guess . Just someone filling in for holidays .

The breakfast show still reminds me of miserable primary school mornings.

When we'd get into the car at 8.30, the station was switched from R1 to Tipp FM for the obituaries.

School and the rollcall of death... pure misery!

• Advertisement

Not a new show I'd guess . Just someone filling in for holidays .

Did you read the link Dalmation posted?...New programme name,new presenters..They seem to have a problem at breakfast..They change a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭cannotcope

See from a report on tipp fm site 3 july Pat English is still mayor of clonmel

Headline - Tipperary is in No Mans Land when it comes to job creation

...Mayor of Clonmel Pat English says they will redouble their efforts to attract inward investment to the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

cannotcope wrote: »
    See from a report on tipp fm site 3 july Pat English is still mayor of clonmel

Headline - Tipperary is in No Mans Land when it comes to job creation

...Mayor of Clonmel Pat English says they will redouble their efforts to attract inward investment to the area

Just a mistake..I suppose it happens...

I am sure the Munster final coverage will be top notch,as are all the games, they bring to us live...

They had a good Munster Final preview show from Thurles last night.

When it comes to broadcasting in Tipperary latest IPSO MRBI/JNLR figures show that Tipp FM has the lion's share of listeners at 42 percent.

That's greater than RTE, 2 Fm and Today Fm's combined share of the Premier County's radio listenership.

The figures also show that 44 thousand people tune into Tipp Fm on any given day.

General Manager Fran Curry says Tipp Fm's just going from strength to strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

It looks as if Aidan Macs been dispensed with once again. He's definitely the housewives favourite. Wonder what's going on behind the scenes?

It looks as if Aidan Macs been dispensed with once again. He's definitely the housewives favourite. Wonder what's going on behind the

It seems from other social media that they cant afford to pay him...Last week they were boasting about how many listeners they had..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

When it comes to broadcasting in Tipperary latest IPSO MRBI/JNLR figures show that Tipp FM has the lion's share of listeners at 42 percent.

That's greater than RTE, 2 Fm and Today Fm's combined share of the Premier County's radio listenership.

The figures also show that 44 thousand people tune into Tipp Fm on any given day.

General Manager Fran Curry says Tipp Fm's just going from strength to strength.

Can you send a link.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

The guy doing the morning chat show on Tipp FM ,will do his final show next week...There seems to be a bit of a clare out going on.

A " Clare out " hahaha

You mean Seamus Martin from Cahir will be replaced by Fran Curry from Annacarty; hardly a Clare out

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    You mean Seamus Martin from Cahir will be replaced by Fran Curry from Annacarty; hardly a Clare out

Who will do Frans show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 AprilPhilips

you mean Curry is replacing Martin? On what basis? whatever about Martin bad at times Curry is unlistenable.

Is Seamus retiring by choice..or was the choice made for him...thats what I mean!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 AprilPhilips

Is Seamus retiring by choice..or was the choice made for him...thats what I mean!
    he gave the impression it was by choice when he annoiunced it. he will be there part time he said not on tipp today. no one in their right mind would get rid of him for curry anyway. curry has no clue how to interview. he was on a few days ago for a couple of days . did not listen to any of it.Would listen to SOME of seamus but i am not in tipp or a regular tipp fmer anyway might make sense if they bring in new younger person

I don't think he is going to be doing anything with the station now....They have extended Tipp Today to three hours,and changed some other shows as well..so that means,no new presenters...Maybe it was on the cards,that they wanted to extend the Tipp Today show,to three hours..

Always thought it was a 3 hour show tbh and had always thought it was a long shift . Always think it's sure to lose share unless it's incredible well presented and produced with plenty local packages . Talk radio is the most expensive radio to produce for a reason . It's a lot easier to gain share through music radio as it's not as engaging and can be left on in the background . So what's the plan across the rest of the day then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Seamus Martin will be badly missed, he always came across as a man of sincerity and integrity.

Clare FM bought out all the minority shareholders last year, they must think that radio is a cash cow, RTE Radio One have found out that they lost listener share when they moved Ryan Tubridy to 2FM.

In my view there should be two stations for Tipperary. They call it local radio but what is local to Borrisokane is not local to Ballyporeen and visa versa!

It will be interesting to watch the financial value of the company over the next few years. The best way to track this is through the Companies Office.

Forget about listenership figures as most people just dip and and out for Local News and Death Notices.

In my view Tony Hornibrook has a great following from on the road car radio listeners.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Tipperary has 2 radio stations . TippMidWest is just along the dial. And I don't agree that most just dip in and out for news and deaths. It's on in plenty of houses/cars all day long

• Advertisement

Xenophile wrote: »
    Seamus Martin will be badly missed, he always came across as a man of sincerity and integrity.

Clare FM bought out all the minority shareholders last year, they must think that radio is a cash cow, RTE Radio One have found out that they lost listener share when they moved Ryan Tubridy to 2FM.

In my view there should be two stations for Tipperary. They call it local radio but what is local to Borrisokane is not local to Ballyporeen and visa versa!

It will be interesting to watch the financial value of the company over the next few years. The best way to track this is through the Companies Office.

Forget about listenership figures as most people just dip and and out for Local News and Death Notices.

In my view Tony Hornibrook has a great following from on the road car radio listeners.

The financial side cant be very good,if they had to leave go,the guy who used to be out and about,for the breakfast show...I may be right in thinking,that Tipperary was to be a three licence county..North,Mid,South,but the North never came about..

The financial side cant be very good,if they had to leave go,the guy who used to be out and about,for the breakfast show...I may be right in thinking,that Tipperary was to be a three licence county..North,Mid,South,but the North never came about..

There could possibly be a good case made for a second Independent station for Tipperary broadcasting from Nt Tipp .

Jesus...nearly two hours of country and irish weekdays now...I am going to have to hide the work radio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Xenophile wrote: »

I remember I was in Nenagh one morning January/February 2014 (wasn't that long after TippFM opened the Nenagh broadcast centre) and I went into Subway for breakfast and the radio was tuned into SpinSW. In fact every shop I went in to on Pearse Street that had a radio playing in the background on were tuned to SpinSW.

There could possibly be a good case made for a second Independent station for Tipperary broadcasting from Nt Tipp .

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Jesus...nearly two hours of country and irish weekdays now...I am going to have to hide the work radio....

no no - buy an ipod and one of these :

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-iTrip-Mini-Transmitter-iPod/dp/B0002F4EO6

and put it near the radio somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

Anyone hear anything about KCLR (Carlow/Killkenny franchise holder) joining the mighty Radio Group that Mr. O'Shea is building?

I heard there'll soon be a connection between KCLR, Clare and Tipp - subject to all the usual business and regulatory stuff.
    Maybe I heard wrong.

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

From someone not in any way connected to local radio but keeps an ear to the ground.

Like I said, maybe I am misinformed.

The new man in the morning is not bad at all...I wonder why they changed a couple of programmes around,when they were doing so well in the ratings,from the last survey..The only thing that sounds a little bad,is the news at 1am,[after the morning show repeat],is the news reader says "Good evening"..Now I know that its not live at that hour,but don't make it so clear that its not....A lot of country during the afternoon now,I am not mad keen on that,it sounds like they are sounding like Tip Mid West,but TMW are popular,so maybe that's the plan?

• Advertisement
Advertisement