Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

In case yous were wondering, I moved the last few posts from here into the chat thread just to keep this one on-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SiobhainD

Barster wrote: »
    A friend and I are doing the same thing secured our house yesterday.

Hoping that there won;t be much restriction or rules by the landlady, kinda had to take self catering because there really wasn;t much else at all :/

where did you end up living after?
    Same for me I never though I would have to but It's a lot better than homelessness! I'm staying in Maynooth park. It's nice and it's separate from the rest of the family with a shared kitchen. Where are ye staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Got a house (thank the lord) ! sharing a room with a girl, not ideal but hey beggers cant be choosers, anyways does anyone know what the estate parklands is like for students to live in? Like many house parties etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NicolaB94

I got a house, but it's self catering aswell, living with a woman and her child and one other student. Not the ideal, but it was the best I could get. I'm living in Beaufield Grove, is anyone else down that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jessierex

NicolaB94 wrote: »
    I got a house, but it's self catering aswell, living with a woman and her child and one other student. Not the ideal, but it was the best I could get. I'm living in Beaufield Grove, is anyone else down that way?
    My daughter will be living in Beaufield Green, doing 1st year Arts .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

SiobhainD wrote: »
    Same for me I never though I would have to but It's a lot better than homelessness! I'm staying in Maynooth park. It's nice and it's separate from the rest of the family with a shared kitchen. Where are ye staying?

I'm staying in parsons lodge myself now , think there might be another few families doing self catering in the estate as well? ,

did your landlady/lord , go over rules on visitors and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

PM me if you are interested in staying with a male second year and male first year for the upcoming year. There is an empty house on my radar but we need two more people. Please PM me before this evening because that's when I'm calling the landlord in a state of desperate pleading. House is 84 a week base. I'll disclose location etc. in a PM because it might be robbed if I post info about it in this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoifeg1992

I am a final year student looking for a single room. I have two other friends who are
    also final year students if anyone has any spare rooms or knows of anything please pm me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 snoopyscat

Twin ensuite room €110 per person per week. Meals & bills included. No rent to pay during holidays. No deposit required. Sharing with small family in Celbridge. Direct bus route to College. Wifi, tv etc included. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SiobhainD

All she said was definitely no overnight guests and I have to let her know If I'm not coming home. So no crazy parties at my house then.. I saw a few others that were more lenient so I guess it depends on the owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 brax

hi all, very desperate to find accommodation. Im a first year female pharm and biomed chemistry student and am willing to share with other first years male or female. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iynes

Hey guys, wondering if anybody has 2 rooms available for myself and a friend of mine. We are going into first year! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Keegan4

Hey, myself and a friend (both first years) have almost definatley secured a 4 bedroom house about 10 minutes away from nuim. We have 2 rooms available and there rent is 340 euros a month. There is a 500 euro deposit also. PM me if interested, thanks. (also would you please include a few details about yourself)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iynes

Keegan4 I will PM you now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CLR95

Didnt get campus accom but looking for place to stay! Anyone with suggestions! Going into 1st year

Missed out on Campus accom and ive no where to stay. Need to book somewhere quick! Anyone else in the same situation as myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stephenbyrne ofwgkta

Hey, I'm still trying to find a place, I'd share with anyone so if you need another housemate or if you know anyone else who's looking to fill a house, give us a shout. I'm a second year physics student.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stephenbyrne ofwgkta

Keegan4 wrote: »
    Hey, myself and a friend (both first years) have almost definatley secured a 4 bedroom house about 10 minutes away from nuim. We have 2 rooms available and there rent is 340 euros a month. There is a 500 euro deposit also. PM me if interested, thanks. (also would you please include a few details about yourself)

PM'd you if it's not too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

SiobhainD wrote: »
    All she said was definitely no overnight guests and I have to let her know If I'm not coming home. So no crazy parties at my house then.. I saw a few others that were more lenient so I guess it depends on the owner.

Yeah ours said we could have people over during the day provided there wasn't 20 people or so swanning around the house. I think overnight guests are frowned upon despite she didn't mention them :P ,

So the result is , we can have tea at mine and we've to go elsewhere for the parties :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bridget4

My daughter is currently starting a batchelors degree the 16th september in nui maynooth.She has not got onto campus and we heve nearly exhausted all the list lookin for accomadation.They are all either gone wont answer phones or mail box full we are getting really worried and a cou[ple of her friends in same boat.If anyone out there knows a house near it or who have a room left please contact me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Siobhanb9

NicolaB94 wrote: »
    yeah i'm a 1st year, it really is, i've rang so many places and no luck in any of them!!

Guys, me too! Its so frustrating!
    The places are either gone or they don't answer their phones.

I'm going into first year too, and I don't know anyone,
    Finding it extremly difficult to get any accommodation!

Would yous be willing to go to Celbridge?
    Its ten minutes on the bus, and there are some nice and reasonable houses there!
    I think thats the closest we could get without selling ourselves completly short?

What do yous think?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Are you checking the list of house sharing/digs on http://residence.nuim.ie/ regularly they are updated every couple of days

Wheres celbridge?

CLR95 wrote: »
    Wheres celbridge?

Its like, the closest town to Maynooth,

Its ten minutes on the bus,

Some nice stuff available there, I'm considering if I can get a roomate or so :)

You looking?

Siobhanb9 wrote: »
    Its like, the closest town to Maynooth,

Its ten minutes on the bus,

Some nice stuff available there, I'm considering if I can get a roomate or so :)

You looking?

been looking all morning! panic stages now

CLR95 wrote: »
    been looking all morning! panic stages now

I hear ya barking big dog!

Its scary stuff, There are nice ones though,

You looking for a house or an apartment?
    I've found some ace ones, but as I say Im need roomates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

I'm available to become a roommate ! Starting first year in September :)

why you not looking at places nearer?

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    I'm available to become a roommate ! Starting first year in September :)

Excellent, I'm gunna add you as a friend on this if I can figure it out,

Needa get something sorted! :)

• Advertisement

Excellent, I'm gunna add you as a friend on this if I can figure it out,

Needa get something sorted! :)

add me too, im desperate for a place to stay :P

Advertisement