Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Jets Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Finishes 28-3.

Geno got on and was more mobile. Completed about 4 straight passes before he was sacked and then intercepted.

Where do they go from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,129 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This wasn't the game to worry about. It was always a terrible match up. The Ravens and the Browns over the next two weeks offer a chance to salvage the season. Infact, the next four games is the most favourable stretch of the season.

Unless they've already quit (which they may have). If that's true bye bye Bowles and welcome another new era.

Pity Quincy couldn't hold that last gasp pass against Buffalo back in January. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

phatkev wrote: »
    Terrible news and the fact that its a death that could have been completely avoidable makes it all the worse. Really puts all our moaning in here into perspective when you hear of news like this. Id left this video in the weird and wacky thread, its a nice little story of the effect he had on the 2011 playoff game against the Pats

I remember watching the game where he got hurt running into Scott Mersereau (sp?) And then when he came back onto the field months later...

Ahh well Rest in Peace #90

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Unless they've already quit (which they may have). If that's true bye bye Bowles and welcome another new era.

it looks like they have already, there was only a handful of players that actually looked like they gave a sh1t last night. As much as I gave out about Rex his teams always played 100%(or at least it came across this way).
    Pity Quincy couldn't hold that last gasp pass against Buffalo back in January.

Why so Fitz could have robbed Woody of even more cash?? It was Tompkins that dropped the pass(i cant have anyone saying bad things about Quincy:P)

As the weeks go by it shows how far in over his depth Bowles is! Putting Richardson in at inside and outside linebacker and Wilkerson at the end of a 4-3 line is pretty much nullifying two of your best players. Blaming the oline for Fitz poor play, yes because the line is forcing him to lock onto Marshall ever fcuking time he steps back to throw the bal:rolleyes: and his clock management is somehow getting worse as the weeks go on

Chan and his shovel pass can fcuking do one as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

it looks like they have already, there was only a handful of players that actually looked like they gave a sh1t last night. As much as I gave out about Rex his teams always played 100%(or at least it came across this way).

Not sure on that Kev - in the 4-12 Season I remember that bizarre game against the Bills played in Detroit where Vick and the lads looked like they had completely gave up on Rex, and the blowout to San Diego earlier that year.

Schefter reported before the game last night that Woody Johnson is fuming with how the season is playing out. He's a very volatile owner so if I was Bowles (and maybe even Big Mac) I'd be concerned about job security.

I don't watch 49ers or Browns games in detail but the Jets may be the worst team in the league right now.

Fitz should come out now just because hes not the answer this year and he won't be on the roster next year, I wish Petty was the #2 though, my viewing experience of the Jets this season has already been grim enough without having to watch that petulent brat Geno Smith throw pick sixes for a few games. The actual state of him last night with his antics on the sideline, grade A weirdo!

• Advertisement

Smith took a bad sack and threw an interception in a handful of drop backs. He's not the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Smith took a bad sack and threw an interception in a handful of drop backs. He's not the answer.

He's probably not... 99% sure... but giving him a few full games with the 1sts as one final chance before he's an FA is worth a 1% shot I think. Still more than Fitz can offer us next year.

Or are you suggesting Petty? Because I'm almost at that point but he'll get eaten alive with the assortment of turds playing around him at the moment.

hots wrote: »
    He's probably not... 99% sure... but giving him a few full games with the 1sts as one final chance before he's an FA is worth a 1% shot I think. Still more than Fitz can offer us next year.

Or are you suggesting Petty? Because I'm almost at that point but he'll get eaten alive with the assortment of turds playing around him at the moment.

Definitely Petty, maybe not this early in the season but we need to see what we have in him before the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Igotadose wrote: »
    Sigh. RIP Dennis Byrd A car accident ffs.

Sad news, RIP.

Have a Byrd throwback that I wear a bit, anyone catch the TV movie Rise & Walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Smith won't be the answer, but I think it is tough to blame him for the sack. Right side of the line just disappeared and he hadn't a hope. Even the commentators said it wouldn't matter who was in on that play.

I think Geno should get 2-4 games as starter. If he's rubbish then go with Petty.

I really hope we don't win more than 2-3 more games. Season is over and we need so much help, we have to have a top 5 pick. My worry is we could win 5 of our last 6 and it would kill us longer term

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

It's Geno time!

Utterly dumb.

Geno Smith is never going to be good enough to win games in the NFL. Makes far more sense to ride Fitzpatrick the rest of the way or maybe give Petty some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Utterly dumb.

Geno Smith is never going to be good enough to win games in the NFL. Makes far more sense to ride Fitzpatrick the rest of the way or maybe give Petty some time.

Well fitzmagic looks to be empty or running low. And he is playing muck.

OK Geno time - I'm happy in a way, it means we will probably see some Petty and maybe even a game or two out of Hackenberg at the end of the season because this complete dzope will balls up his golden opportunity to get a decent contract at another team next year.

Gentlemen, Let the pick 6's begin :pac:

FreeOSCAR wrote: »

Gentlemen, Let the pick 6's begin :pac:

I thought they started week 3!

I hope for Hackenbergs sake he doesnt get near this team this year!
    Makes far more sense to ride Fitzpatrick the rest of the way

Geno's not the answer but I'd rather watch him than have to watch another 10 weeks of Fitz trying to force the ball to Marshall in triple coverage because he cant be arsed to get off his first read

Not too bad so far today from Geno. His first start since the last game of the 2014 season which I was at. He was good that day but that is misleading as the season was over.

Sacked twice and 1 TD and now he's off injured! Fitz warming up.

Down 13-7 anois.

Geno tackled and looked like he a twinge on his right knee. Didnt look too bad as he walked off to the dressing room and is now being examined by an orthopaedic surgeon.

Any way Fitz comes in and throws for a TD!

So half time down 16-14 with a FG right on half time there. Still I'm getting positive!

Looks like this game could go either way.

Awful first TD for the Ravens.

Hope Fitz doesnt gets injured as Petty and Hackenberg are inactive.

Geno now in street clothes and Fitz just got sacked.

TD!:D

Forte eventually so now 24-16. Flacco intercepted twice too.

• Advertisement

Now that is an important win considering the starting QB did not complete the game as did Mangold. Fitz did well as did Forte.

Browns next week is a definitely winnable game.

2-5

We won a game!!!!!! :D

D played brilliant 2nd half, the Ravens had no answers, Big Cat Williams should be an all-pro, wreaking havoc all day!

This is why you don't quit / tank. Win next week and we're back in with a twist.

That was a refreshing week anyway! Defence not looking completely inept (although Flacco was woeful), strong running game, both Geno and Fitz not looking like their evil alter-egos...

Only negative was the amount of injuries we're carrying now, we must be down to the bottom of the lb barrel at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Breaking news with the Jets and it appears from initial MRI scans that geno smith has torn his ACL.

Tight win, spineless secondary for the first half but got there eventually!

Honestly today was must win. Browns worst team in the league and when it went to 20-7 down at half time it was worrying times but 24 unanswered points in the second half worked.

Apparently Bowles was never so angry at half time. Understandable.

History was made however as it was the first time ever the Jets over came a deficit of that size on the road!

Very winnable game next week in Miami. Momentum is the word now.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Honestly today was must win. Browns worst team in the league and when it went to 20-7 down at half time it was worrying times but 24 unanswered points in the second half worked.

Apparently Bowles was never so angry at half time. Understandable.

History was made however as it was the first time ever the Jets over came a deficit of that size on the road!

Very winnable game next week in Miami. Momentum is the word now.

Jets got the win but still a horrible performance! I'm definitely part of the tank the season crowd as opposed to to winning 5/6 meaningless games like tonight. About time Bowles got mad the Browns absolutely embarrassed us in the first half

Jets got the win but still a horrible performance! I'm definitely part of the tank the season crowd as opposed to to winning 5/6 meaningless games like tonight. About time Bowles got mad the Browns absolutely embarrassed us in the first half

Beat Miami and the LA Rams at home ahead of the Bye week is far from a meaningless game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Seems like every game for the last 10 years has been like this; season's effectively over early, but struggling till the end of the year then maybe an away playoff game and a loss.

Yesterday I saw my first GAA football match live. So enjoyable - stood outdoors close the field for about an hour, watch the lads beat each other's brains in while playing hard. No commercial breaks, no massive stadiums or crowds. Walked in with 15 minutes to go before the start, paid 8 euros and could've sat in the small stands if I'd wanted to. Parked for free around the corner from the pitch.

Definitely going to go to more matches now. They don't serve alcohol and the fans more or less behave, way better than what I was used to at NFL games.

Advertisement