Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

calex71 wrote: »
    Crazy thing is they will probably sell more 360 than one's for people who might want to play destiny.

I think the numbers will improve once the dual generation releases dry up and at christmas.

Dual releases of the big games is one of the reasons I'm not upgrading yet.

If I do get destiny it'll be on 360

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Fieldog wrote: »
    We'll agree to disagree....

It's a bag of ****e tbf...

:D

Ninja Edit : I <3 the trusty 360 though...
    do you have the xbox one and ps4 to compare??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Well, that's what his mate told him. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I read alot of reports that investors and key people inside microsoft wanted to sell off and abandon there gaming marketplace which is strong evidence the way they wanted the one build to begin with.

You had a console launch to show what they attended which was mostly about tv shows and media features than games , they wanted to be in everyone households whether you were a gamer or not.

Few months later xbox dug themselves so far in a dark hole they had to do a 180 and try to be a gaming platform for gamers again but its going to be too late.

We are looking into xbox last console since what I said above investors do not want to be apart of games anymore this will light a fire inside the company even more.

They invested hugely into there tv business and let go 18,000 people I think the number was.

This is playstation 3 terrible , when people only look at how many sales figures a platform sells they do not see the iNternal bleeding that goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I didn't buy the One... (yet)

I had hands on with the One for a month or two before launch, and played it pretty much daily up until April this year....

I got the PS4 on launch day, mainly due to my hands on time with the One and it not impressing me....

The media aspect of the console is fantastic, but I prefer where Sony are at at the moment, as I said a few times in the thread, if a good enough game I can't resist comes to the One I will purchase one... (Gears!)

At the moment I'd actually buy a Wii U over the Xbox One purely for first party titles...

I think the only consoles I haven't owned at launch since I was old enough to afford them all was the PS3 (hated Sony's arrogance post PS2) and the Wii U, I even had the original Wii and Dreamcast on launch day... :) 9/9/99

I did eventually get the PS3, but not until MGS IV came out...

I hope MS can turn it around for all gamers sake, as competition is always healthy imo...

• Advertisement

Well, that's what his mate told him. Lol

I worked for Xbox through the One launch ffs....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

might be selling like **** but its still by far the better gaming console in comparison to ps4

Lol, we went from "Both consoles are great and have advantages and disadvantages", to " By FAR better console".

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

I read alot of reports that investors and key people inside microsoft wanted to sell off and abandon there gaming marketplace which is strong evidence the way they wanted the one build to begin with.

You had a console launch to show what they attended which was mostly about tv shows and media features than games , they wanted to be in everyone households whether you were a gamer or not.
    Many companies having been trying this for some time now. Trying to be the 1 major device in the living room with no real success.
    They invested hugely into there tv business and let go 18,000 people I think the number was.

The majority of the layoffs have nothing to do with the Xbox division and more to do with Nokia.
    Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said Thursday that the majority of layoffs — about 12,500 — would be professional and factory positions cut as part of its $7.2 billion acquisition of Nokia's

Microsoft net income in Q4 2013 was $4.6 billion and in this same quarter (2014) the net income has increased to $4.97 billion. I think the investors will live :D

This is what the CEO said last week about Xbox.
    "Microsoft will continue to vigorously innovate and delight gamers with Xbox. Xbox is one of the most-revered consumer brands, with a growing online community and service"

Sales of XB1 in June doubled after a price cut. Sony only sold 36% more units in June. You'd swear it was 500% more the way people go on.
    This is playstation 3 terrible , when people only look at how many sales figures a platform sells they do not see the iNternal bleeding that goes on.

Things are really not all doom and gloom as some people have been yapping on about all day.

If you want to see horrible financials maybe some the Sony guys on this thread can point to the amazing profits Sony have been making :pac:

I worked for Xbox through the One launch ffs....

I love the way you keep dropping that in. Oh and I worked for Sony :pac:

Lol, we went from "Both consoles are great and have advantages and disadvantages", to " By FAR better console".

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg
    i am entitled to my opinion and overall the one is the better system i have said that a few times. you can wave your pc master race flag now...

• Advertisement

I love the way you keep dropping that in. Oh and I worked for Sony :pac:

What reason have you to doubt me?

Ask Miju, your Xbox bum buddy...

no need for that

no need for that

He didn't need to be smart with me

I'm actually gonna PM him my contract to prove it to him...

You worked there also didn't you?

??

i was referring to you calling miju an xbox bum buddy.

when you start to personally insult people you dont know because of a console you know you have issues.

OHHHH.gif
    What reason have you to doubt me?

Ask Miju, your Xbox bum buddy...
    We'll agree to disagree....

It's a bag of ****e tbf...

:D

Ninja Edit : I <3 the trusty 360 though...

What reason do I have to believe you?

In fairness I don't go around make douchebag statements, especially your childish remarks remarks above.

lads if this cant be discussed without personal insults it shouldnt be discussed at all

He didn't need to be smart with me

Simon-Cowell-Gif.gif

??

i was referring to you calling miju an xbox bum buddy.

when you start to personally insult people you dont know because of a console you know you have issues.

I know Damien (Miju) in the real world, I called him bum buddy not to piss him off, (or Failsafe) he can vouch for me working there as I helped him out with something whilst I was there...

lads if this cant be discussed without personal insults it shouldnt be discussed at all

I'm not the One posting Simon Cowell gifs to mock people....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Really no need for this sort of thing.
    Why not nip back and read the mods warning at the start of the thread, then quit this bickering and sniping.
    It lowers the tone of the debate and adds a belligerent undercurrent the thread really could do without.
    And the derogatory homosexual reference has no place here either.

Sorry if I appear to be backseat modding, apologies to the moderators.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Many companies having been trying this for some time now. Trying to be the 1 major device in the living room with no real success.

The majority of the layoffs have nothing to do with the Xbox division and more to do with Nokia.

Microsoft net income in Q4 2013 was $4.6 billion and in this same quarter (2014) the net income has increased to $4.97 billion. I think the investors will live :D

This is what the CEO said last week about Xbox.

Sales of XB1 in June doubled after a price cut. Sony only sold 36% more units in June. You'd swear it was 500% more the way people go on.

Things are really not all doom and gloom as some people have been yapping on about all day.

If you want to see horrible financials maybe some the Sony guys on this thread can point to the amazing profits Sony have been making :pac:

I have no knowledge how true those reports were but I can only comment outside the looking glass.

I would assume Microsoft is more financially stable as a company than sony which is bleeding money.

I be interesting to see the next coming months will mean but Its hard to take those or any comments as truth since they need to post positive comments so no one addresses panic attacks for websites to feed off

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Really no need for this sort of thing.
    Why not nip back and read the mods warning at the start of the thread, then quit this bickering and sniping.
    It lowers the tone of the debate and adds a belligerent undercurrent the thread really could do without.

I'm going back to playing Snake on my 5110, even though the graphics are better on the 6110...

In all seriousness I agree, can we not have an intelligent debate without the bickering...

@Failsafe/Dark Knight - apologies if "bum buddy" offended either of you, I didn't mean it to....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The 6310i is the best anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Sales of XB1 in June doubled after a price cut. Sony only sold 36% more units in June. You'd swear it was 500% more the way people go on.:

In fairness that was largely because they had announced the upcoming kinectless bundle before May so most people held off on buying the Xbox One until June, so of course they were going to increase in sales. The Wii U almost outsold it in the US in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am entitled to my opinion and overall the one is the better system i have said that a few times. you can wave your pc master race flag now...

Thing is, that if I will wave a flag, I will need a lot of flags to wave, but hey, if I am allowed, I will!

*Waves PC master Race Flag.
    *Waves PS4 flag.
    *Waves PS3 flag.
    *Waves Xbox360 flag, but this flag is Burned as 360 died from sitting in cupboard.
    *Waves PS Vita flag.
    *Waves Wii U flag.
    *Waves 3ds flag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Enough of the bickering, folks. Keep it civil please.

Just another reminder that if you think a comment is inappropriate or trolling, report it rather than respond in a similar manner - you'll be just as susceptible to mod action, and it pulls the thread into nastier territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've spent the last 2 days trying to get the platinum in the asian Demon's Souls, 3 years after getting the EU platinum.

All other games as well as consoles that aren't the PS3 pretty much suck to me right now.

I'm going back to playing Snake on my 5110, even though the graphics are better on the 6110...

In all seriousness I agree, can we not have an intelligent debate without the bickering...

@Failsafe/Dark Knight - apologies if "bum buddy" offended either of you, I didn't mean it to....
    no need to apologise for bum buddy comment. I didn't realise you knew Damien personally. have you been witness to any of his erratic bowel movements well windy mindy I like to call him lol

I just cant wait for the last of us to consume my life

• Advertisement

no need to apologise for bum buddy comment. I didn't realise you knew Damien personally. have you been witness to any of his erratic bowel movements well windy mindy I like to call him lol

Try working with him! ;)

We worked together many moons ago, Damo is a good lad so he is...

I've been trying to tempt him to the dark side of BF on PS4 with the other IRL lads, I admire him sticking to his guns...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement