Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

So the scan confirmed the worst. Our little bean has gone. We are utterly heartbroken.

Im wishing you all the very best for your pregnancys I hope nobody else has to post another one of these messages, and you all get to hold your beautiful little bundles in August healthy and with no complications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I'm so sorry ladypip.
    There are really no words to console you. Look after yourself, I hope you have all the support you need. Best of luck for the future, and thank you for the kind words for the rest of us x

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Devastated for you. I really dont know what to say other than im so sorry for your loss and thinking of you xx

Thanks so much ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

I'm very sorry ladypip. Please take care of yourself and I will pray for your well being!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jesus sorry to hear Ladypip must be heartbreaking, only new in here but the girlfriend is due August 3rd and her sister August 4th. Going in for the first scan on Thursday nervous and excited.

Hi Everyone

So i have some news

I was taken into the rotunda yesterday night, I got a call yesterday afternoon to say they were really unhappy with mu hcg levels they were super high and i had to be admitted for the night for tests because something wasnt adding up. I went in at six and i was told the Doctor who had scanned me in the EPU unit on Monday wanted me back and it couldnt wait until my schedued appointment on Wednesday.

At 10pm the doctor came to my bed and explained that not ony were the hcg levels high for someone who is 11 wks they were extremley high for someone having a miscarriage. She told me that i had been on her mind all day and the fact that i hadnt lost any tissue or any clots had her very worried that i coud have a molar pregnancy which is extremely dangerous or something else, she wanted to get me upto the utrasound dept straight away so up we went at 10pm she had to open it and it was compeatly deserted.

She started scanning me on a screen i coudnt see, stopped almost straight away and said to me im so sorry for what we told you and i have some really great news you are actually still pregnant and it looks like its a healthy little baby in there. I was absolutey overwhelmed and overcome so it took her awhile to calm me down and expain what had happened. Im overweight and my womb is tilted and im also two weeks further aong than they thought i was so when they were scanning me internally in the A&E dept they were looking in the wrong place altogether and unbeleiveably were scanning my bladder and not my womb at all. When i presented to her in the EPU she was to confirm the diagnosis they had given so she looked in the same place using an internal scan seen the same thing they seen and assumed that she was looking at my womb. This time she used an external scan. She must have apologised about a thousand times to me for all the stress and unessecery upset they have caused me. She said that she had a feeing about me and thats why she never offered me tabets or a d&c to clear my womb..thank god for her instinct!!!!!

All night the midwives were coming into me all night congratulating me and telling me its never happened in their careers and the same for the doctor. She said I will be used as a teaching case and aso a tale of caution.

So here i am the mother of a miracle. Im actually 13 wks im due on the 31st of july. We are both still in shock. But so so happy and thankful it was caught before it was too late

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Wow Lady Pip - what stunning and wonderful news!

To say you've been on a rollercoaster is obviously an understatement! But onwards and upwards - just thrilling news!

Look after yourself and give the hub a good long hug - sometimes great things DO happen :D

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Jesus that's awful and brilliant at the same time! Thankfully they realised their mistake before they did a D&C etc!

It's so scary that something like that could happen! :eek:

Massive congrats!

Oh my god, that is just incredible news! You must be over the moon. Talk about a week of highs and lows. Delighted for you ladypip!

• Advertisement

O M G!!!!!

What a hugely mixed bag of emotions you must be feeling right now. ...but mostly... im delighted for you..... xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

WOW!! Your emotions must be all over the place, that is brilliant news, congrats and hope you're feeling ok. Talk about trying to have a stress free pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

Glad that you and your little bean are safe and well ladypip. Couldn't be more happier. Congratulations and take good care of yourself!

Thanks everyone we are still on cloud nine!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

I had tears in my eyes reading that ladypip - our little baba was lost at 8 weeks but only discovered at 12 weeks, similar to yourselves. No turnaround for us but absolutely delighted for you, hope you go on to have a trouble free pregnancy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Lady pip I'm so happy for you.
    Crying big tears!
    Scary to think you could have had a D&C!

Anyone have their 12 week scan yet? Mine is next week, can't wait to be able to tell everyone!

I had a scan at 13 weeks Emer, That was the last one where she realised the big mistake. I have my booking appointment on the 3rd so hopefully ill have a scan then. What hospitals are you all attending? Im the Rotunda.

ladypip wrote: »
    I had a scan at 13 weeks Emer, That was the last one where she realised the big mistake. I have my booking appointment on the 3rd so hopefully ill have a scan then. What hospitals are you all attending? Im the Rotunda.

Yeah my 12 week scan is the 3rd Feb also, and I'm attending Mayo General.

Ive not got a date for mine yet and im 12 weeks on sunday coming :( bit pis$ed off about it too.. as if 12 weeks wasnt long enough to be waiting :( im also attending mayo general

• Advertisement

Ive not got a date for mine yet and im 12 weeks on sunday coming :( bit pis$ed off about it too.. as if 12 weeks wasnt long enough to be waiting :( im also attending mayo general

I'd check that out if I were you as I got my appt in the post a few weeks ago, I think at the 12 wk appt they do a scan and blood tests so it's a pretty important one. I'm going public by the way.

morebabies wrote: »
    I'd check that out if I were you as I got my appt in the post a few weeks ago, I think at the 12 wk appt they do a scan and blood tests so it's a pretty important one. I'm going public by the way.

Yeah public too. My scan was done 12wk3days last time. I think I might ring them tomorrow and just check. I wasnt sure if 2nd and subsequent kids was diff..

Yeah public too. My scan was done 12wk3days last time. I think I might ring them tomorrow and just check. I wasnt sure if 2nd and subsequent kids was diff..

Yeah definitely check that out tomorrow, I'm on baby no. 4 (God willing all goes well), and I'm sure I got the 12wk letter at around 8 wks this time, so something seems wrong there. Did you get the basic letter saying you're entitled to maternity / infant care and the schedule of visits you're advised to get, eg. 12 wks, 16 wks, etc.?

Yeah definitely check that out tomorrow, I'm on baby no. 4 (God willing all goes well), and I'm sure I got the 12wk letter at around 8 wks this time, so something seems wrong there. Did you get the basic letter saying you're entitled to maternity / infant care and the schedule of visits you're advised to get, eg. 12 wks, 16 wks, etc.?

Yep that arrived on 23rd december.. just checked to be sure.

Yep that arrived on 23rd december.. just checked to be sure.

Well hope you get that sorted and look forward to seeing you in that small overcrowded overheated waiting room :)

Well hope you get that sorted and look forward to seeing you in that small overcrowded overheated waiting room :)

Omg the thoughts of it!!!

Why is it I can forget the pain of labour enough to go again...... but the thoughts of that room makes me wanna puke haha

Omg the thoughts of it!!!

Why is it I can forget the pain of labour enough to go again...... but the thoughts of that room makes me wanna puke haha

My doctor never sent the letter to the hos.. how did I get one back from finance??
    Either way. Im gutted.. gunna be weeks now im guessing.
    Got put through to one helluva rude b1tch on the phone too.. did nothing for my bp today I tell ya!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Mind if I join you girls? Have been following the thread but been afraid to post until I got to 12weeks....This is my 1st, had a private scan today to see the little one, absolutely amazing! Mullingar hospital don't see us until 16 weeks & only do 1scan:( Due august 15th, can't wait:) Hope everyone's keeping well x

Mind if I join you girls? Have been following the thread but been afraid to post until I got to 12weeks....This is my 1st, had a private scan today to see the little one, absolutely amazing! Mullingar hospital don't see us until 16 weeks & only do 1scan:( Due august 15th, can't wait:) Hope everyone's keeping well x

Your more than welcome to hop on board. Its a very quite month so far :)
    Im due 17th *subject to change. 2nd pregnancy have a daughter who be two in april. Fun times ahead :)

• Advertisement

Welcome Shortstuff :) I'm actually due in July now the 31st but I was originally due the 12th of august and I'm not budging :)

Advertisement