Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

millee wrote: »
    Hi Sarahfancy, I joined w.w." at home " service last week and have about 4st to shed, so maybe we can help each other along!

That would be great. I need all the support I can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

*bangs head against the wall* alas tomorrow is a new week!
    Heading out for dinner and few drinks! New week, new leaf tomorrow! Feel motivated now to get back on track!

Party treats all made for tomorrow....ugh i had one...and can honestly say i have 0 desire to have any more! the kids will love them....but ugh.....not me! my cousin just told me its home made chicken korma tomorrow at the party :O

Gunna get up early tomorrow and hit the treadmill and get it over and done with for the day, so i can relax, enjoy the day...

any tips from leaders this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Lady Lainy wrote: »

any tips from leaders this week?

As in what the class was about? It was all about lunches, different things we can have.... a change from the zero point soup:) omlettes, different types of salads, wraps etc.
    The class I went to, the leader is doing a league table thing to try and aim to lose 5lbs during July, a real good motivator:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

Congrats to all with your weight loss. It's brill motivation reading all the posts. Had a browse around the shops yesterday, bought nothing but came home motivated to shift this baggage. Had a sneek peek at the weighing scales this morning think I'm down a couple lbs!!!!!!!!!! Weigh in at home on Mon morning so fingers crossed! I think I'v lost the weight off my face. It def doesn't take as long to put it up as it does to shift it!!
    Hopefully the weekend won't be a disaster:rolleyes:. Keep up the good work. Have a good weekend all.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

sarahfancy wrote: »
    I am new around here, have been lurking for a bit. Started WW this week, but have been contemplating it for a while.

I just bought a treadmill, and after having looked at argos.ie, I checked around some more. The same treadmill I bought from a UK site was twice as much on Argos!

I got mine from http://www.connection-fitness.co.uk/

There customer service was excellent. I had intended on buying the Reebok one they had on offer at Argos and the same treadmill with a different name was something like 400 £ from connection and 1200€ on Argos. Delivery was £35 to Ireland. They gave excellent advice, and the treadmill came 3 days after I ordered it.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Sarah

Thanks for that Sarah! Off to have a gander at that website now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 gems1183

hi all, I rejoined WW 2 weeks ago as I'm just after my fourth baby and with every baby the weight has piled on and never gone anywhere! I have a lot to lose about 7 stone and i got a bit disheartened this week as in my first week I lost 5 lbs but then in week 2 I'd put 3 back on :mad: I was on antibiotics last week so I wasn't being as careful as I could've been. I really need to do this for my health and get my groove back really, my kids are all under 9 and i find it really hard to get out to exercise especially with this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Off to Oxegen for the next two days.. I'm not going to track but Im going to try and make the best choices I can! I've packed mini packets of ryvita, mini philadelphia, yoghurts and fruit. Does anyone have any ides for other handy WW friendly foods I could bring?

Off to Oxegen for the next two days.. I'm not going to track but Im going to try and make the best choices I can! I've packed mini packets of ryvita, mini philadelphia, yoghurts and fruit. Does anyone have any ides for other handy WW friendly foods I could bring?

Ooh lucky!!have a fab time!! Snack a jacks? I think the weetabix cereal bars have either 2 or 3 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

A bag of manhattan popcorn is nice at 4pp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 macker4

hey,

I have done ww for about 4 years now and to be honest i was a messer. always one up one wk and down one the nexti I dread to think of the amount of money I have spent!!!

I am getting married next july so i now have my game face on!!!!
    I have been reading over the posts in this thread and I feel so motivated now!!

my biggest problem is picking and takeaways. now i do usaully only get one takeaway a week but i say there is about 50000 pp in what i eat in four star and the chinese!!!!

any advise on picking? I mind kids after school its like one fish finger for you and one for me!!!!

getting motivated even writing this!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Thanks guys, both great ideas as they're light and easy to keep dry :)

oh fecking hell.....i've been all over the place....feel so bloated and blah since finising depo injections about 3 weeks ago....i must have put on like 1/2 stone over the last 3 weeks! But I say more than likely thats water retention...and only a bit of actuall weight..from the wonky level of hormones my body isn't used to!

My sleep has been disasterous too...could be related to it....but today is a new week! I've been sleeping really well last few nights...heading to family party today, i'm doing the photography cos its a kids party even....but they also putting on an grown ups party too...with REAL food and alcohol Hope they have diet coke...they look at me funny (or ask if im preggers) if i turn down a drink...so just going to pretend i have vodka in the coke ......insane right....i have to sneak around NOT drinking LOL

Enjoy the party!! I hate the whole having to explain to people that you don't want to drink! Why should it bother people, it's not as if we're judging them for drinking! That being said, I'm going to be using most of my weeklies on alcohol tonight:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

newbee22 wrote: »
    Ooh lucky!!have a fab time!! Snack a jacks? I think the weetabix cereal bars have either 2 or 3 points!

The Weetabix ones are 2points,just picked up the toffee ones hopefully they are good. Alpen lights are 2pts

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Its an Irish thing I think....they get freaked out if your not having a drink. It always turns into such a fuss and you have to expain yourself!! Lady Lainy I wouldn't worry about pretending your having a vodka I've done that before too :) Or I've taken a glass of wine and still having the same one 4 hours later just so people will leave me alone....It's not even a pp thing sometimes I just don't want one......

Sorry rant over........I just get the drama all the time so it's a pet hate of mine :)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Its an Irish thing I think....they get freaked out if your not having a drink. It always turns into such a fuss and you have to expain yourself!! Lady Lainy I wouldn't worry about pretending your having a vodka I've done that before too :) Or I've taken a glass of wine and still having the same one 4 hours later just so people will leave me alone....It's not even a pp thing sometimes I just don't want one......

Sorry rant over........I just get the drama all the time so it's a pet hate of mine :)

I just dont like drinking around family....just feels weird....plus my family like to get very honest and open when drunk....there isn't a occassion that goes by where one of them doesn't say something offensive to me....i'm afraid to have a drink around them....cos i might just what i really think about there "opinions & advice"

Today i had a kiddies party plate of rice and chicken curry...small plate... couldn't fit much on it...and i stuck to the coke zero. I did have one small slice of the chocolate mouse cake.

Home now, and have the whole house to clean, mom home tomorrow...i'm venting anger on housework...as i said....my family can be offensive when drunk! GRRRRR! I can react in two ways....angry housework or depressed drinking! which is never good! cos i might end up going back to party to give her peice of my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

house work house work!!!!

Ah man, don't worry about it. Well try not to.....family, you love to hate them!! That sounds like a really good kiddies party, well done! I'd normally have my body weight in marshmallows and rice krispie buns down by now. One piece of cake, it is a party so thats allowed :)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    house work house work!!!!

Ah man, don't worry about it. Well try not to.....family, you love to hate them!! That sounds like a really good kiddies party, well done! I'd normally have my body weight in marshmallows and rice krispie buns down by now. One piece of cake, it is a party so thats allowed :)

i made the rice krispie buns.....(i ate small fortune of them while i was making them) LOL

Gym tomorrow! I have no distractions for the next week! then the madness begins....camping and then a girls week!

August i'm really going to have to work my ass off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I'm finding it hard to point food I eat out...any tips?

Morning folks!

kinda didnt bother going to bed last night.....lol went to bed at 4am...tossed and turned for an hour so got up at 5.40 and did 40 mins on treadmill :D

then I made a dozen cheese + tomato muffins :D YUM!

I'm maybe fat....but I'm not a failure....going to keep trying....as long as I'm trying I'm not failing! More determined than ever to succeed! My aunt and family are SO superficial...the only thing they see is a fat girl...they think that cos i'm over weight I'm a failure in life!

I've done two Level 5 courses....and between them i have I have 11 distinctions, 4 merits and 2 passes, and I'm doing a level 6 next year...but that seems to mean nothing to my family...I am not a failure...I maybe over weight...but I am NOT a failure! I am so sick of being invisible...ironic...the biggest member of the family is invisible!

• Advertisement

I'm finding it hard to point food I eat out...any tips?

Things To Avoid:

A: Translating dish descriptions is half the battle when you're trying to eat healthily out on the town. Read the description carefully, and be on the lookout for terms that may indicate more caloric preparations.

Phrases like battered, breaded, buttered, creamed, crispy and fried are clear red flags. But some other, not so obvious terms include:

Au Gratin - topped with cheese or a combination of breadcrumbs and butter.

Bolognaise - a meat sauce often made with milk or cream.

Flambé - small quantities of hot liquid containing alcohol are poured over the food and then set alight.

Glacé - coat with a thin sugar or syrup.

Hollandaise - a rich, creamy sauce made from egg yolks, butter and lemon juice.

Roux - melted butter or fat combined with an equal amount of flour, used for thickening sauces, soups or gravies.

Sauté - food is cooked gently in a little hot fat, shaking the pan to prevent sticking or browning.

Scalloped - usually refers to a potato-based dish made with cream or a creamy sauce.

Healthier Options
    On the other hand, dish descriptions that usually indicate healthier preparations include:

Au jus (in its own juice)
    Baked
    Boiled
    Grilled
    En papillote (food cooked in a foil or greaseproof parcel)
    Pared (thinly peeled vegetables or fruit)
    Poached
    Roasted
    Seared
    Steamed

Mean Greens
    Salads are supposed to be light choices, right? Here are some things you need to know if you want to go green:

Goat's Cheese Salad
    Whether it's ordered from a restaurant menu or supermarket bought, this salad can carry a ProPoints value of up 20! You'd be better off ordering a plain grilled steak with green salad or steamed veggies on the side.

Caesar Salad
    This dish is often higher in ProPoints values than you may expect. Ask for the dressing on the side so you can add just a little, to taste. Or opt for a Greek Salad, with the dressing served separately.

Tomato and Mozarella Salad
    The mozarella cheese can make this simple side salad high in ProPoints values. Try a mixed or vegetable side salad instead if you'd prefer to keep the ProPointsvalues down.

Tip:
    Don't pour it on When possible, order salad dressings and sauces on the side. Dip your fork in, instead of pouring it on, and you'll consume far less without noticing much of a difference in flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

guys,

interests seems to be dwindling a little, but here this weeks results

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

embarrassment :(

guys,

Thanks gt! Keep up the great work guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

guys,

I'll be joining you when I do my WI on Tuesday evening.

Went on the piss last night and now I'm craving grease!:(:(:( I'm proud of myself that I avoided my drunken snack of rice cakes(made my mum hide them!), but now all I want is a fry and toast:(:(:(

Wedding yesterday, had kept all my weeklies to use towards it, haven't pointed a thing but I'm hoping the weeklies might cancel out some of the damage along with my 29 dailies. Oh well today is a new day....

Newbee, I hear ya on the grease thing, probably just as well there's no sausages in the house!

Hope you had a fab time at the wedding Caros!

newbee22 wrote: »
    Hope you had a fab time at the wedding Caros!

Probably a bit too good, but did loads of dancing too! :D

• Advertisement

That'll balance out the dinner!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement