Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Cumin wrote: »
    Just watching: "The Irresponsible Captain Tyler". It's quite fun.

loved that show, could never tell if he was an idiot or a genius messer

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cumin

I always knew he is a genius... Two episodes to go... Really enjoying the show!!😀

After reading a lot about it I started Black Lagoon and felt like being thrown into a roller coaster... Really love the animation! Let's see how the story evolves...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Cumin wrote: »
    After reading a lot about it I started Black Lagoon and felt like being thrown into a roller coaster... Really love the animation! Let's see how the story evolves...

After Black Lagoon check out Gangsta, very similar look and feel.

Here's the OP:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Out of the 4 series I kept watching of the new season (Game of Laplace, School Live, Charlotte, Gangsta), I think School Live has been the most surprising in both not knowing what to expect when I started and how it keeps surprising me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Tore through season one of Tokyo Ghoul and loves it. Second season isnt as good yet but still a few episodes to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Tristram wrote: »
    Tore through season one of Tokyo Ghoul and loves it. Second season isnt as good yet but still a few episodes to go!

Not sure if you read manga but if you do the manga is a lot better than the anime, well the first one is anyway, Ishida is just milking the money cow now if you ask me.

Started watching the new Gundam, Iron Blooded Orphans, seems promising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Haven't been watching much anime at all lately, but nearly finished Shiki, damn good show :D

Just finished Angelic Layer. Very enjoyable show! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Now I've recovered from Paranoia Agent... I've started watching Madlax. It's not as instantly likeable as Noir TBH, to which it is apparently the succesor. Lots of political stuff in the first few episodes with snippets of action thrown in. No magic/robots/insanity etc. which makes a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VenetianMask

Heey
    Has anyone watched "Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu" (better known as Parasyte)?

I finished Ore Monogatari (My Love Story) two weeks ago..

The Devil is a part-timer :D??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Unrelenting Sorrow

I've been watching Tomo Cartoon's anime adpation of "Double Hard", lately! Don't have time to really watch it that much, though... Still on EP. 5.....

But I'm definitely going to make sure I watch JJBA part 4.... If it's ever gonna be adapted, that is....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yesss Gatchaman Crowds Insight has started. Watch the first season, its great!

Watched Aldnoah Zero series 1, couldnt understand the hate the series was getting, thought it was pretty good

watched episode 1 of series 2, now I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BarJustas

Im watching : Akame Ga Kill , Log Horizont Hack root really nice .

We're in the middle of Erin The Beast Player.
    Gentle, slow anime... like a fairy tale.
    Only thing it could do without is the repeated scenes to remind the viewer what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Started watching the new Gundam, Iron Blooded Orphans, seems promising
    Aye. Just saw episode 3 there. Looks interesting thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 masdeal

Anime: One Punch Man, Case Closed (Detective Conan in my country), and Gundam Build Fighters Try.

Manga: Berserk, Claymore, Aiki, Bleach, Sekirei

That's all :D

I'm on Space Dandy... episode 12... Chaotic and mad... And still... Can't stop watching.... 😜

• Advertisement

Just watched the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul

What you think? been thinking of starting that

Apparently it takes a few episodes to get into it. First episode didn't really stand out from other shows I've seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

masdeal wrote: »
    Anime: One Punch Man

How is this?

Love the manga, didn't know they made a series yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Concrete Revolutio.

If you watched Mekakucity Actors last year and said "I really want an anime even more obtuse and confusing. Preferably with more inexplicable time jumps" then Concrete Revolutio is for you.

Plus it has the weirdest ED I've seen:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 masdeal

How is this?

Love the manga, didn't know they made a series yet.

The anime quite good. It has same story like the manga. Try watch it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Considering how "quick" the manga comes out, I wonder how long it will be between season 1 and 2 of the anime ;_;

Just finished watching Akame ga Kill, mixed feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

K-ON!, Initial D final stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

I just finished Dennou Coil. What an amazing series! I loved the atmosphere, the characters and the story. I can't understand how it seems to receive so little love. If you like smart, engaging stories you should definitely check it out.

Advertisement