Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Interviewing has changed beyond all recognition in the last twenty years. The main reason i haven't varied much in my work.. It's a subject in itself that you can take a class in, interview tactics and techniques, scary. I'm rooting for you though, deep breaths and don't get bogged down too much if you can help it..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still in nasty nasty slump. I feel like i'm a few different people.. Even online.. Too confusing for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Being very hard on myself at the mo. Had to get up early this morning so lack of sleep probably isn't helping my anxiety, but I feel utterly terrible. I'm just telling myself to take it easy. I'm taking time off work at the end of this week but need to get some stuff done, but between orders not arriving in etc some stuff is up in the air.

I feel sick so can't even make a cuppa to relax, BUT I'm at home and plan to go to work later on. I'm breathing and telling myself to just take it one step at a time - the work later on will get done, I can do it even if orders dont come in and worry about the rest tomorrow. I've been putting off a couple of emails (one is to one of the bullies) but I'm also telling myself to just do it as I'll feel worse if they get on my case about it.

I've a lot of positives happening at the moment and am annoyed to be feeling so anxious today. Gonna try and get through the day unmedicated as I don't want to be drowsy. I have a lot of nice things to get through too, but feel a little overwhelmed there. I'll probably hear from a friend today so that's good to know that there's friendly people to connect with.

I know I'm too hard on myself but don't know how to change that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

stinkle wrote: »
    Being very hard on myself at the mo. Had to get up early this morning so lack of sleep probably isn't helping my anxiety, but I feel utterly terrible. I'm just telling myself to take it easy. I'm taking time off work at the end of this week but need to get some stuff done, but between orders not arriving in etc some stuff is up in the air.

I feel sick so can't even make a cuppa to relax, BUT I'm at home and plan to go to work later on. I'm breathing and telling myself to just take it one step at a time - the work later on will get done, I can do it even if orders dont come in and worry about the rest tomorrow. I've been putting off a couple of emails (one is to one of the bullies) but I'm also telling myself to just do it as I'll feel worse if they get on my case about it.

I've a lot of positives happening at the moment and am annoyed to be feeling so anxious today. Gonna try and get through the day unmedicated as I don't want to be drowsy. I have a lot of nice things to get through too, but feel a little overwhelmed there. I'll probably hear from a friend today so that's good to know that there's friendly people to connect with.

I know I'm too hard on myself but don't know how to change that :(

very much same frame of mind today x
    Feel like pure ****e. My body and mind not in sync at all today.
    I have bills flying through the letterbox I have no idea where or how im gonna get the money for them.
    Can't cope today. Just bad day.

stinkle we will be ok x

Yes we will x. I'm keeping busy here and getting through stuff but still feel like I'm failing by staying home. Yet I know I'd feel awful if I was in work. Gonna make some food and hopefully nap in a bit as I'm v tired.

How bad are the bills? Can you prioritise some over others? it's not nice to be pulled in a few directions like that, I've been there myself.

• Advertisement

I've already contacted electric n tv license. Im paying what I can every week. Still sending out nasty reminders.

Just had a shower. Going back to bed for a while. Just not able for anything today.

well done on contacting them, its a big deal to be able to do that.

gonna hit the hay for a bit too. am wired though and keep getting axious everytime i see i have a new email cos i think itll be work-related. most are just stupid mailing lists, but I keep getting The Dread everytime I go to check. It's so stupid but at least im aware I guess....

Hey folks, see some of ye having a hard time.. I wish things didn't get to this point with people, i tend towards empathy so it really hits me in the feels. There are times i wish so hard for some sort of practical 'magic wand' to help you climb back up.. As always, i'm available to pm if thread is quiet and anyone fancies a chat..

Thank so much! I'm a good bit better now, a nap really helped once I got around to it. I was able for a bit of lunch too. Still a bit anxious, this being too hard on myself has got to stop. Im a bit nervy now cos some work didnt get done today which means it wont for a few weeks and ill feel lazy and worthless even though that isnt my fault.

Gonna go for a walk and will see some good people so today is not all bad.

I like to work nights but I can't help a mental slump happening in the middle at times. :-/ it gets so damn quiet online even..

• Advertisement

I've slept on and off since that time yesterday.
    Don't know what's wrong with me :'(

How are you after all the sleep? I had a snooze too and was surprised. Maybe the heat is affecting us too.

Im like a zombie. So frustrating!
    Ill try get a bit of exercise later if I can.

Hope ur feeling better

I'm keeping busy today so that's good. still a bit tired. Was hoping to avoid a stupid meeting this week in work but no such luck, I've to go tomorrow :( Bit anxy over that, meh

Still can't shake how down I am at all. There's loneliness and paranoia wrapped in each other too. For instance - I think why is nobody talking to me, then I think oh I must have done something so sit here worrying about what I've done.. Ugh.

I can't f**king sleep now! All or nothing.
    Just realized something there has been a full moon a few nights ago that's when my mood behaviour changed.
    Maybe its a load of bull but always seems to have an affect on me.

Grem: im incredibly paranoid of late. Im weary of everyone. Thinking they're just feeling sorry for me

I reckon the moon could have an effect alright, seen it too many times to write it off totally.

I am feeling more alone than usual, realising the most social contact I have of late is through here..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I just wonder guys, what is the answer. If ye were just talkin, or if it was someone ye knew, what would you say to them, would ye have any ideas? Let them languish?

I'm in the same spot as ye's at the moment, just wondering.

I just wonder guys, what is the answer. If ye were just talkin, or if it was someone ye knew, what would you say to them, would ye have any ideas? Let them languish?

I'm in the same spot as ye's at the moment, just wondering.

don't really follow jimmy, the answer?
    ( im blonde and bit manic atm)

I mean, say reading you two's recent posts there (and mine if I were to write it'd be similar). We're looking at it from our own angles and obviously feel stuck, detached and lost.

But if we were reading the post as if from someone we cared about deeply or even loved. Would we have more insight than we think? What would we say to them. I'm curious what you's would write, if you'll indulge me.

I feel like if I wrote a response to myself with love, with pure compassion I would possibly get emotional at least.

feel free to ignore btw i'm just thinkin out loud here :)

• Advertisement

I mean, say reading you two's recent posts there (and mine if I were to write it'd be similar). We're looking at it from our own angles and obviously feel stuck, detached and lost.

But if we were reading the post as if from someone we cared about deeply or even loved. Would we have more insight than we think? What would we say to them. I'm curious what you's would write, if you'll indulge me.

I feel like if I wrote a response to myself with love, with pure compassion I would possibly get emotional at least.

feel free to ignore btw i'm just thinkin out loud here :)

I think that if id seen a loved one write what I wrote, I would be saddened and upset really to think that they had conditioned themselves into such negative thoughts about themselves and things around them. I hate seeing other ppl unhappy. I can be fairly crap at explaining things.
    To be quite and truly honest, imo sometimes a touch or harshness doesn't go astray. Its all very well saying be kind to urself and take it easy ECT. Sometimes a good kick up the arse really is what's needed. I think sometimes we(i)
    Can be lamenting on bad moods when things or life doesn't go my way.

Am the above post is of no relevance whatsoever really. I kinda forgot what the point was! See blonde moment again

I can often be quite comforting to someone if they said something about being lonely and stuff. A kick up the ass is no harm in some situations too.

That's the major issue with feeling down or whatever way you wish to describe it yourself, there's no one wrong approach or no right one either.. Entirely subjective, especially when the person in that situation often can't find the words to adequately describe it which I never can.

The strongest thing you usually can do is repeat that you will be there for that person..

I saw something quite apt somewhere online lately it was about eeyore from winnie the pooh.. It said that his friends always invited him on their adventures and never expected him to be any different than he was. Thought it was beautiful and simple..

No worries, I got ye, I'm not at my most coherent myself.

I just read the posts here and do feel compassion and realise I'd write the same myself and it's such an ongoing thing makes me wonder what the answer is. Fast forward another ten years are we here making the same posts? In the same position?

I think you can kick yourself nicely up the arse too :)

I've mentioned before maybe an emotional shock to the system would do me good. But alas I'm still lost in the tall grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Thanks to the poster who brought it to my attention that the thread is over 10k posts. I'll close this and open a new thread as per site policy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement