The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 546 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2016, 20:55   #8176
NamelessPhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
Now I have an urge to watch serenity again... Only that I know I'll have to stop before that scene....
Oh God! yes that scene gets me right in the feels every time.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-02-2016, 03:06   #8177
Queen-Mise

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_my_oe
How about Odin or Loki?

Already called two previously fostered kittens Thor and Loki.

And I really can't call kitten Odin, who is the Norse God for wisdom and poetry. The kitten attacks his reflection in the bin and falls over his own feet, The God of irony, whoever that is, would hit me with a lightning bolt.

Gah, can't understand why naming this kitten is so hard, usually the names are pretty obvious.
Thanks from:
04-02-2016, 19:20   #8178
Dubl07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen-Mise View Post
Already called two previously fostered kittens Thor and Loki.

And I really can't call kitten Odin, who is the Norse God for wisdom and poetry. The kitten attacks his reflection in the bin and falls over his own feet, The God of irony, whoever that is, would hit me with a lightning bolt.

Gah, can't understand why naming this kitten is so hard, usually the names are pretty obvious.
Pug of Crydee, an orphan waif destined for great things.
Thanks from:
04-02-2016, 21:22   #8179
mymo

Daughter just finished last of her mocks today, had to make her celebration chocolate fondants!
Good thing they cook quick, they smell amazing!
04-02-2016, 23:33   #8180
tk123

The dog before us at hydro - another retriever who was paralysed from meningitis! I didn't even know dogs could get it!
Advertisement
04-02-2016, 23:45   #8181
SillyMangoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
The dog before us at hydro - another retriever who was paralysed from meningitis! I didn't even know dogs could get it!
Poor thing unfortunately it's more common than people think, and a lot of the time it's caused by a severe ear infection left to run rampant
Thanks from:
04-02-2016, 23:58   #8182
on_my_oe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen-Mise View Post
The kitten attacks his reflection in the bin and falls over his own feet,
Jackson (as in Michael Jackson.. Man in the Mirror, and Diirrty Diana)?

I once had a dog called Higgins, named after the butler in Magnum PI, and a cat called Wicket (as in the ewok, not the game). Ive got awful taste in names... Wisely we don't have children.
Thanks from:
05-02-2016, 09:18   #8183
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMangoX View Post
Poor thing unfortunately it's more common than people think, and a lot of the time it's caused by a severe ear infection left to run rampant
God I never knew that!

Apparently it's the third time he's had it and taking longer to come back from it this time
05-02-2016, 12:33   #8184
Kovu
Nie moj cyrk, Nie moje malpy

I can hear Kovu snoring in the attic above me. Think he needs to go on a diet!
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-02-2016, 16:45   #8185
aonb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymo View Post
Daughter just finished last of her mocks today, had to make her celebration chocolate fondants!
Good thing they cook quick, they smell amazing!
Recipe???
Photo of finished product - if not already eaten?!?
05-02-2016, 19:53   #8186
mymo

Sorry way to late, they are amazing, Google Gordon Ramsey chocolate fondants, his has turned out best so far, chill 24 hrs before cooking for best result, but an hour is fine.
06-02-2016, 16:19   #8187
tk123

Bailey gave me a fright earlier. We were in the park having coffee as normal, as we went to leave the market area he was transfixed by something but I didn't know what - had to call him and tug on the lead a few times to get him to come with us.. Anyways he got excited further on and wanted to run around with Lucy and Rebel so I let him off - I've been gradually increasing his off lead time and all good... he did a few rounds of zoomies and sped off back to the market, called and tried the whistle as I was running after him while trying not to draw attention to myself and my now out of control dog but he kept running in the direction of the cake stall I'd visions of him robbing something/knocking a display or the whole thing down but he stopped just before it - somebody had spilled hot chocolate and he was lapping it up much to a crowd of onlookers amusement!! I pointed out a marshmallow he'd missed and led him away!... I partially blame my friend because she couldn't finish her tea and gave it to him a few mins before so gave him a taste for it. So much for my training him to settle when we're out at a market etc progress - yet again he's rewarded for begging by her!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion