Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Donegal77

Just found this forum and am so delighted to be able to read about fellow July mums to he's experiences! I'm due July 15, 2015.. It's our first. I'm 37 and it took us almost a year to get pregnant so it took a while before it sunk in that it had finally happened! 15 weeks now and starting to get my mojo back..I can't say it's been particularly enjoyable being pregnant for reasons I'm sure you're all more than familiar with😁. That said I'm really getting excited now about what's ahead. I've had a few scans already and all's going well so far. I'll be delivering at Letterkenny General, any more Donegal mums to be out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Congrats Donegal77. It still hasn't really sunk in with me that I'm actually having a baby!

Lads, when does the second trimester energy I was promised kick in?! I am shattered!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Donegal77 wrote: »
    Just found this forum and am so delighted to be able to read about fellow July mums to he's experiences! I'm due July 15, 2015.. It's our first. I'm 37 and it took us almost a year to get pregnant so it took a while before it sunk in that it had finally happened! 15 weeks now and starting to get my mojo back..I can't say it's been particularly enjoyable being pregnant for reasons I'm sure you're all more than familiar withðŸ˜. That said I'm really getting excited now about what's ahead. I've had a few scans already and all's going well so far. I'll be delivering at Letterkenny General, any more Donegal mums to be out there?

Welcome + Congratulations Donegal77. Such an exciting time for you! We had a conversation a few months ago and decided to sort of start thinking about trying, because we have been hearing such sad stories about people we know, only in their early 30s, trying for 3/4 years, on IVF already, getting fertility treatments etc and when you hear those stories it makes you think 'why wait another few years and then possibly have such heartbreaking problems?' All that said I tthought it would take a while and hadn't even really gotten used to the idea and I was already pregnant, about two weeks after we had that conversation. Shocker! But it feels like the right time now and everything else has just fallen into place, like it was always meant to happen!

It's tough for people who only meet the right person in their 30s and have all the added pressure of these huge decisions on a new relationship, we have friends who are sort of racing to get married because they want to be married before they have children, and if that's an important step first then you gotta do it! I am lucky as I have been with my OH since I was 19 and he is a few years older, so was more worried than me, as it's his friends struggling now and it's so sad to watch. I quickly stopped "giving out" about how quickly I fall pregnant when I rrealised how hard it is on other people.

Glad to hear you are feeling yourself again, I am dying to be back to sort of normal, you can tell by the huge message I am back in bed after thinking I was grand and getting on with the day only to start throwing up! So having a rest now, bump likes relaxing!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

Hi All,
    I've only just found this thread too. I have been on another irish pregnancy board but it doesn't have as many post as boards and they aren't as up to date so this is nice.
    I'm 15+6 and still getting used to the whole idea to be honest. I'm currently battling with the slightly expanding waistline problem. I wasn't sick in my first trimester so I think my waistline might be expanding quicker than a lot of other girls. Not that I'm complaining; I dreaded the sickness enough to keep me childless till the age of 36! Well, that and the fact that I only met hubby in 2012. We got engaged and married quite quickly and then decided to take things easy for a while.
    I'm a bit jealous of the people who had the 'talk' and decided in one go. We had the talk about 10 times! Couldn't make up our minds but knew time was against us. Our philosophy was if it ain't broken why fix it? Our life together has been a bit of a roller coaster but wonderful and we were in no rush to change it. However, we also knew that the children window was only gonna stay open for a few more years and once the newly-married glow would wear off, there was a danger that we'd look around and wonder "What's next?" and there would be no options. We're both good with kids, financially as stable as any couple our age who made mistakes during the boom, and in good health. So we let nature take it's course. Is that another phrase for 'trying'? I'm not really sure. We didn't look at calendars.
    Anyway, nature took it's course and here we are! I've had a great pregnancy so far but I couldn't say I'm excited. I'm dreading the labour, the risks (!), the responsibility of having another human being rely on us for EVERYTHING! For decades!! Having worked with children I am eternally frustrated by how blasé parents are about their responsibilities, I take it very seriously, but everybody messes up at times. That sucks.
    I understand that the love is incredible but that's another few months down the line. Right now the worry, the sleepless nights, the finances, the risk that the child could have serious complications, the infinite opportunities for us to screw up, the prospect of not being able to tie my own shoelaces, they're all very real considerations too. And there I was with a peachy life that I just threw away!

So can someone explain the excitement please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Nettie I do find that often those with the excitement can't comprehend that there are those of us who aren't excited, so they can't often explain it because they can't imagine being any different. FWIW I'm 27 weeks and still not excited, I don't look pregnant, just like I have a pudgy tummy now, which doesn't help with my ability to be in denial! I think it's just different personality types, are you a worrier/pessimist/realist in general life?

I'd love to be going into this with blind enthusiasm, how relaxing that would be!

• Advertisement

Congrats nettie1 & welcome! I'm also 15+1 :)

I'm trying not to think too much about all the worries you mentioned, though to be honest I've been so sick that that's been a bit of a distraction from all that. I still don't really feel pregnant, I just feel like I've got some awful illness that's been making my life a misery for the last 9 weeks :p

It's such a massive step & a huge thing to get your head around & that's even when it's planned! I don't know how I'd deal with being pregnant if it was unplanned, it's already surreal enough. I do feel excited sometimes but definitely not all the time. When the worries about things like money & how we'll cope with a baby creep in I tell myself that people far worse off than us manage so we will too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I'm excited and nervous/worried/apprehensive in almost equal measures. And this will be my second baby. I don't think there is a mother on this earth, whether she admits it or not, who isn't faced with moments of blind panic at different times. My worries and fears change throughout the pregnancy. In the early days it was all about getting through the first trimester and whether the baby would survive. Having had a miscarriage on my first definitely added to this. Thought it would be less stressful this time as my last pregnancy was fine but it wasn't . After the first trimester worries came the fears about how we'd manage a baby/finances/the future. Then there was the worries about labour.

This time my main thing is how my 14 month old will be with its new sibling and how I'll manage two of them. I'm 35 though so always knew that if we wanted more than one they'd have to be relatively close together. Having seen how much joy and fun our daughter has brought into our lives has made it easier to not let the worries overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

Thanks for the lovely, realistic responses ladies.
    Spottybananas, I tend to take a take a fairly balanced view on life, I think. I suppose I've always made decisions based on the fact that they were impacting on me only, or another adult who was responsible for themselves. But a baby is a whole other ballgame. Time to grow up I suppose!
    I don't think anybody has ever really given me a clear answer as to why they wanted a child, other than that they're better than a pension plan, or the parents always wanted it or "felt" if was just the right time.
    Anyway, I'm sure I'll start weighing up the pros more as time goes on, and the idea of having some form of a little version of my husband gives me a smile, so it'll be all good! Dunno if we'll find out the sex of the baby though! What are people's opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nettie1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the lovely, realistic responses ladies.
    Spottybananas, I tend to take a take a fairly balanced view on life, I think. I suppose I've always made decisions based on the fact that they were impacting on me only, or another adult who was responsible for themselves. But a baby is a whole other ballgame. Time to grow up I suppose!
    I don't think anybody has ever really given me a clear answer as to why they wanted a child, other than that they're better than a pension plan, or the parents always wanted it or "felt" if was just the right time.
    Anyway, I'm sure I'll start weighing up the pros more as time goes on, and the idea of having some form of a little version of my husband gives me a smile, so it'll be all good! Dunno if we'll find out the sex of the baby though! What are people's opinions?

We didn't find out the sex last time and won't this time either. My husband had wanted to find out initially with our daughter and I was on the fence. Figured if he really, really wanted to find out then we'd go for it. After a second scan of baby being in ridiculous contortionist positions and hiding her modesty we decided that we'd leave it as a surprise. Was such a lovely moment when my consultant lifted up the baby for us to see for ourselves when we asked whether it was a boy or a girl.

In my group the split between finding out and not finding out is pretty much 50:50. Those who did reckoned it helped them feel more prepared and like they knew the baby before it was born and those who didn't figured it was one of the last big surprises left/gave them something to look forward to during labour.

We're not finding out the sex, I feel like I'd regret not waiting if we did find out. I can understand why some people do find out but for me I like it being a surprise to look forward to over the next few months and while I'm in labour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jurrrr

Just thought I would introduce! Myself (father to be) and partner due 4th of July! Our first bundle of joy! Still hasn't sank in for me though! I'll be around asking for plenty of advice and tips!

Jurrrr wrote: »
    Just thought I would introduce! Myself (father to be) and partner due 4th of July! Our first bundle of joy! Still hasn't sank in for me though! I'll be around asking for plenty of advice and tips!

Welcome + Congratulations Jurrrr! I think most of us are on here for advice + tips! ;) It's our first too, and I am due 3 weeks after you and it really is only sinking in! Today we were out for a walk and I said 'in six weeks we will be half way there!' and we were both like 'oh my god, oh my god!' Feels like I am pretending to be a grown up most of the time, like surely I can't have all the responsibility of another person (!) yikes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Hi all, just a quick question regarding maternity clothes.

With this being my second, I am showing sooner.

I have been to h&m and got some nice jeans from there and some from mothercare but not too fussed on them yet, I think they were more designed for later pregnancy.

In my first pregnancy I bought jeans from Next and I have to say, they were the best but every NEXT I go to doesn't seem to do maternity anymore. apparently only blanchardstown Dublin do it and im not going all the way out there. I don't like ordering online.

Anyway I seen that penneys are doing Maternity and wanted to give it a try but every shop I go into either only has a few pieces left that look they have been exchanged or else don't have maternity section at all. The main thing I want to get from pennies is maternity leggings. I am still able to wear normal leggings but I remember in my last pregnancy that they slip down as your bump gets bigger and its very uncomfortable. Penneys leggings are so cheap and handy and its going to be summer when I am at my biggest so I was planning on wearing comfy maternity leggings and long tops.

Has anyone been in any of the penneys stores in the city centre and seen their maternity section? I just don't want to go all the way into town and then they don't have anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

materniry wear in pennys is crap at the moment. I've been to the one on Mary St, o Connell St and blanch and they only have string vests, a shirt and underwear.

I actually got some tops in mother are in blanch and they are grand. I got jeans in next in Liffey valley and jeans and tops in new look in Liffey valley and what I got in new look is by far the nicest and most comfortable :)

Allirog wrote: »
    materniry wear in pennys is crap at the moment. I've been to the one on Mary St, o Connell St and blanch and they only have string vests, a shirt and underwear.

I actually got some tops in mother are in blanch and they are grand. I got jeans in next in Liffey valley and jeans and tops in new look in Liffey valley and what I got in new look is by far the nicest and most comfortable :)

Yea the penneys in pavilion swords is the same. Just random things.

I haven't tried new look yet. Ill try there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Afternoon ladies. Just hopping over from the June 2015 group!

Next in Liffey Valley have a few good bits and New Look is good for stuff too. I actually think New Look online is better than instore - they seem to have more of a range. In fact I'll be picking up a parcel of goodies from the post office this afternoon on the way home from work!

I bought some stuff on New Look online last week. Got a couple of pairs of leggings & some long tops for quite cheap & good quality, now I just need to grow into them as the leggings are pretty roomy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I never thought to look online, I just had a look at new look online and all I can say is oh crap!! Card is going to get a hammering :D

girls my morning sickness left me for four days and I was celebrating so I think I must have jinxed it because it came back worse :( I have had one day here and there in between where I have had no sickness but on the days I do get it which is more often, it is really bad. Some days throwing everything up that I eat.

Its really depressing me. What about everyone here? Im 17 weeks now so been sick almost every day since week 8 of pregnancy. Is there anyone still with morning sickness?

Im thinking I have to go to my gp. Has anyone got any medication for their morning sickness?

Saralee4 wrote: »
    girls my morning sickness left me for four days and I was celebrating so I think I must have jinxed it because it came back worse :( I have had one day here and there in between where I have had no sickness but on the days I do get it which is more often, it is really bad. Some days throwing everything up that I eat.

Its really depressing me. What about everyone here? Im 17 weeks now so been sick almost every day since week 8 of pregnancy. Is there anyone still with morning sickness?

Im thinking I have to go to my gp. Has anyone got any medication for their morning sickness?

So sorry to hear this, really disappointed too, as very high hopes for week sixteen and the sickness just disappearing! I am only 15 weeks, and it is getting a small bit better, no full days in bed anymore (thank god) and for the last 10 days or so I am only throwing up every second day in the morning, plus the nausea during the day is easier to handle, particularly because I am more used to it, also because it has lessen a bit and I can eat more foods again, less restricted in what makes me ill. I have been sick since week 5 and about three weeks ago I was really down, couldn't handle it anymore and was very upset, which I actually think made it worse sometimes. But my energy has come back a bit and mood has improved for sure.

Surely it has to ease up for you SOON!

PS. Does anyone else have a bump? Mine quite definitely popped out in the last three days! It's quite strange!! But nicer than just looking totally normal but so so sick.

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear this, really disappointed too, as very high hopes for week sixteen and the sickness just disappearing! I am only 15 weeks, and it is getting a small bit better, no full days in bed anymore (thank god) and for the last 10 days or so I am only throwing up every second day in the morning, plus the nausea during the day is easier to handle, particularly because I am more used to it, also because it has lessen a bit and I can eat more foods again, less restricted in what makes me ill. I have been sick since week 5 and about three weeks ago I was really down, couldn't handle it anymore and was very upset, which I actually think made it worse sometimes. But my energy has come back a bit and mood has improved for sure.

Surely it has to ease up for you SOON!

thanks wholeheartedly, I used to only get sick once a day so I didn't have it as bad as you at the beginning. I don't know how you have been able to stay positive at all so well done on that!

I am going on holiday in march, if its not gone by then, im going to the docs to get something!

I just wonder let alone the damage to our teeth but I feel like im getting used to getting sick to much like it is becoming the norm. I cant imagine getting sick everyday for 9 months if it goes on, would be too good for your throat either.

Saralee4 wrote: »
    thanks wholeheartedly, I used to only get sick once a day so I didn't have it as bad as you at the beginning. I don't know how you have been able to stay positive at all so well done on that!

I am going on holiday in march, if its not gone by then, im going to the docs to get something!

I just wonder let alone the damage to our teeth but I feel like im getting used to getting sick to much like it is becoming the norm. I cant imagine getting sick everyday for 9 months if it goes on, would be too good for your throat either.

Maybe almost worse that you haven't had it bad since the start, as you got used to that and then BAM :(

The day after I took a pregnancy test, I almost throw up my breakfast and have felt insanely nauseous every day since then, I think that was the 15th of November. Or close enough. I did a lot of crying between week 8 and 12 to be honest. And wouldn't have got through it without my OH. Amaaaaaaazing. I was a basket case of sickness and he kept it all together.

I wouldn't worry about your holiday, honestly by March we will be flying it. :) power of positive thinking!

I'm still not well either ladies. I'm definitely having less days of vomiting but today I feel really really rough. I got halfway through my dinner & it was just 'nope', had to go lie down.

I'm just over 16 weeks & I've been sick since week 6. I was the same as you Wholeheartedly, there were a lot of tears & feeling very down in the earlier weeks but now I'm thinking surely it has to end soon so I'm getting through it.

My bump has definitely popped too in the last few days. Had a hospital appt the other day & got to see baby again which was nice. I also could've sworn I felt movement this morning! Pressure followed by a kind of pop over on the right.

I'm still not well either ladies. I'm definitely having less days of vomiting but today I feel really really rough. I got halfway through my dinner & it was just 'nope', had to go lie down.

I'm just over 16 weeks & I've been sick since week 6. I was the same as you Wholeheartedly, there were a lot of tears & feeling very down in the earlier weeks but now I'm thinking surely it has to end soon so I'm getting through it.

My bump has definitely popped too in the last few days. Had a hospital appt the other day & got to see baby again which was nice. I also could've sworn I felt movement this morning! Pressure followed by a kind of pop over on the right.

Awwwwww wow. That would be suuuuuuper amazing if you start to feel movements! Very exciting!! Hopefully take your mind off the sickness for a moment or two.

Also very nice to see baby again. We haven't been nugget since week 8 and won't until middle of March, feels so long away!!

Sorry to hear you are still sick too! I thought you probably would be. I feel like we will be on here singing about the end of the sickness when if comes!!! Had to lie down twice today, gets a bit much and I think it's best to just give in and lie down, definitely helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

So sorry to hear you girls are still so sick. July thread seems to have quite a sick bunch :(
    Thankfully I'm back to feeling good in the last 4 weeks. In fact I'd almost go as far as saying I feel 'normal'. I'm almost 17 weeks and had a quick scan earlier in the week at my appointment which was nice. Still only feeling occasional movements, thinking maybe this one is a little more chilled than my previous live wire!
    As for my bump, it's popped so much that strangers have been asking me when I'm due and my coats are barely closing!!!
    Really hope you girls get a break from the sickness soon!

Awwwwww wow. That would be suuuuuuper amazing if you start to feel movements! Very exciting!! Hopefully take your mind off the sickness for a moment or two.

Also very nice to see baby again. We haven't been nugget since week 8 and won't until middle of March, feels so long away!!

Sorry to hear you are still sick too! I thought you probably would be. I feel like we will be on here singing about the end of the sickness when if comes!!! Had to lie down twice today, gets a bit much and I think it's best to just give in and lie down, definitely helps!

I'm not 100% sure it was movement, it was a pain but then followed by a pop which made me think maybe it was the baby. Very early but they do say it can happen from 16 wks.

That's a long time to go without seeing baby alright, did you not get a scan at 12 weeks? I'll next see it at the big scan in 5 weeks.

Lying down is definitely the best thing to do. I feel a little better now, my stomach was churning all day before that. Hopefully soon we'll be feeling great :)

Had a doctors appointment yesterday, meant to have one in two weeks but made it much sooner as I have been in a lot of pain downstairs (!) Turns out I have a urinary tract infection, and it has been so painful. Had no idea what it was! Starting to feel a bit better, have had pints and pints of water since finding out what it was.

High point was hearing the heart beat again. But only for about 3 seconds! She talked way longer about possibly not finding it than actually listening to it. As soon as the Doppler hit my tummy you could hear it. She said I have a forward facing uterus and it has moved up a lot already, compared to others or something like that. So based on that I ordered the angelsounds doppler as I feel sure I will be about to find the heartbeat and my partner loves the idea of hearing it now and again, and as we don't have a scan between 8 weeks and 21 weeks, it will be nice to have.

The best best news has to be NO throwing up this morning and little to no nausea all day. I am on a high!!! Light at the end of the tunnel for all us sick July mummies!

The best best news has to be NO throwing up this morning and little to no nausea all day. I am on a high!!! Light at the end of the tunnel for all us sick July mummies!

Delighted to hear you're feeling better today, hope it stays that way for you! I threw up this morning but it was the first time in a few days. The nausea has still been very bad but at least the vomiting is becoming a lot less frequent.

Lovely to hear the heartbeat even if it was only briefly!

So I haven't thrown up in 4 whole days! The nausea's still bad, especially in the first half of the day, but the vomiting seems to be dying down, fingers crossed.

Booked a Gentlebirth workshop for next month, looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

So I haven't thrown up in 4 whole days! The nausea's still bad, especially in the first half of the day, but the vomiting seems to be dying down, fingers crossed.

Booked a Gentlebirth workshop for next month, looking forward to it :)

Great to hear greenorchard. Fingers crossed it continues.

I bought the gentle birth CDs the last time and listened to them a bit but not as much as I should have. I should probably dig them out soon and get started.
    Hope the course is good. Let us know how you get on!

Advertisement