Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

blobbie wrote: »
    CM Downloader - Delta just looping around seemingly doing zippo. Will DL CyanDelta and give it a pop

Yip, working grand on CyanDelta. Ta for the tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Metalpanic wrote: »
    That's the new release with "Ok OnePlus" included.

yeah first thing they ask you to do when it is updated is enable Ok OnePlus. Didn't seem to work for me though, I was in a completely silent room but it couldn't pick me up saying OK OnePlus. You have to record it 3 times but every time I tried to say it, I got a message saying it couldn't recognise a voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

blobbie wrote: »
    I think there is a setting in Developer options that needs to be set for Root Access.

Yip, just doubled checked CM12.1 I have on my N4 and there is a "Root Access" setting.

Currently applying the CM12.1 nightly from last night. It's a delta update so be interesting to see how it goes.........

Yes there is, but I forgot to put in my post that it was the first thing I tried. No root access still! :(

Done a full re-install of the nightly from 21/04 there, but still no root!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Yes there is, but I forgot to put in my post that it was the first thing I tried. No root access still! :(

Done a full re-install of the nightly from 21/04 there, but still no root!

Did you try re-rooting?

Danger781 wrote: »
    Did you try re-rooting?

I think so!

On the reinstall, I booted to twrp and did the following:

Wipe > advanced wipe > dalvik cache and cache
    Install > 12.1 nightly, then 5.1 gapps, then supersu 2.46
    Reboot system

Did I miss a step? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

then supersu 2.46
    Reboot system

you don't need supersu. It's built into CM12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

I think so!

On the reinstall, I booted to twrp and did the following:

Wipe > advanced wipe > dalvik cache and cache
    Install > 12.1 nightly, then 5.1 gapps, then supersu 2.46
    Reboot system

That's odd. CM12.1 is supposed to have root built in and the Dev options "Root Access" is supposed to enable/disable for apps/adb.

I hate to ask but ye 100% it is CM12.1 ? (apologies in advance)

TBi, yeah I'm aware of that, but I was using supersu as the management app, rather than privacy guard. Just a preference thing really, mainly cos I bought supersu pro a few years back :D it's been working fine for the last 6 weeks on various cm12 nightlies :)

Blobbie, no worries at all :) it's definitely cm12.1, I downloaded it through the cyanogenmod update menu in the usual way I was getting cm12 updates!

I don't know I'll keep fiddling with it, see if I can get it to resolve itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭SteM

yeah first thing they ask you to do when it is updated is enable Ok OnePlus. Didn't seem to work for me though, I was in a completely silent room but it couldn't pick me up saying OK OnePlus. You have to record it 3 times but every time I tried to say it, I got a message saying it couldn't recognise a voice.

Exact same thing with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I'm on Google Play Services v7.3.29....for the last week or so, Google Play Services is constantly taking up 30-40% of my battery. Only getting around a day of moderate use out of the phone (I'm used to much more), and it's actually getting quite hot at times (even when it's not being used for much bar Facebook). Once again, this wasn't normal until recently. I've disabled "Wake up" and "Keep awake" in Privacy Guard, but doesn't seem to make any difference. Anything I should be trying here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm on Google Play Services v7.3.29....for the last week or so, Google Play Services is constantly taking up 30-40% of my battery. Only getting around a day of moderate use out of the phone (I'm used to much more), and it's actually getting quite hot at times (even when it's not being used for much bar Facebook). Once again, this wasn't normal until recently. I've disabled "Wake up" and "Keep awake" in Privacy Guard, but doesn't seem to make any difference. Anything I should be trying here?

Are you turning it off for pretty much everything you can find or just a few apps? Finding it hard to believe that its having no effect. I've tested it on a number of different updates and everytime it improves battery life substantially for me.

Reasonable use today just home from work and I'm at 62%. Have you got adaptive brightness on? Switch that off too and I always keep my brightness down as its bright enough.

Get battery doctor let it tell you what apps are draining the battery life via its optimise and then make sure keep awake etc is off for those apps. Rinse and repeat until your battery is going OK.

I've had the phone for 8/9 months, this is only a very recent problem. I was particularly wondering why Google Play services would now always be the top battery drain, and always at 35% or so (according to the setting screen)

346429.png

Apologies if its too big. Not at my computer. Will fix when I get home from shopping.. But as you can see 2% today from google play services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

BBC iplayer is broken under CM12 - video is blurry in full screen

2cy35fd.png

Works fine for a few seconds when you tap the screen and the player controls appear

2poum2u.png

Maybe CM is applying lockscreen blurring?

Apparently iplayer downloads play ok but I haven't tried these yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Ordered mine Wednesday Afternoon and paid for express delivery. Still processing since! I may as well saved that two euro for a 99!

• Advertisement

I don't know I'll keep fiddling with it, see if I can get it to resolve itself!

Well, to cut a story of frustration, anger and bootloops short, I flashed the latest nightly from 23/04 and it's working fine now :D

Thanks for the help guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

digitaldr wrote: »
    BBC iplayer is broken under CM12 - video is blurry in full screen

Works fine for a few seconds when you tap the screen and the player controls appear

Maybe CM is applying lockscreen blurring?

Apparently iplayer downloads play ok but I haven't tried these yet.
    Are you in the UK or have you got it working in Ireland?

Working in Ireland but according to the oneplus forums same problem in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Working in Ireland but according to the oneplus forums same problem in the UK

Can confirm that the same problem exists when in the UK.
    Also can't get the voice wakeup to train to my voice, managed to get two successful tries after 20 minutes but the third just wouldn't work. Maybe it doesn't like the Irish accent :D
    Everything else absolutely perfect on CM12S.

I dont understand how iPlayer is working here are you paying for one of those DNS things or something? I havent tried it in a year or 2 but it was always "This content is not available in your country" for me...

• Advertisement

Using unblock US

Using unblock US
    Thanks, I knew it would be something you have to pay for, Ill stick to filmOn for Live tv and torrents for the rest. Sorry my pm inbox was full btw...

It's relatively cheap compared to VPNs though

I know and handy if you ever need it but I just dont bother with tv channels anymore, if anything is of interest Ill just download it and watch when travelling or whatever.

Just got OTA to 5.0.2. Just like person on previous page did. All my setting etc still remain so will see how battery runs over next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Annoying if the wakelock bug has been fixed on Cyanogen but not on Oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Did anyone manage to get a power bank? Don't see them on the site now

I ordered sandstone black power bank on Monday still waiting for notification mail for shipping

Did you have to pay a tenner for another charger with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Just got offered the OS upgrade to XNPH05Q OS 12.0.

Is it worth doing? I've seen a fair few complaints on here about it so wondering if I should wait for the next version or just go with this one?

Would appreciate the thoughts of those of you who have made the step.

BTW, my phone is rooted with TWRP etc and I'd want to reinstate root afterwards.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

BenEadir wrote: »
    Just got offered the OS upgrade to XNPH05Q OS 12.0.

Is it worth doing? I've seen a fair few complaints on here about it so wondering if I should wait for the next version or just go with this one?

Would appreciate the thoughts of those of you who have made the step.

BTW, my phone is rooted with TWRP etc and I'd want to reinstate root afterwards.

Cheers.

If you want to flash twrp you're better off flashing it manually through twrp. There's another update available now that supposedly improves stability & adds the 'hey oneplus' voice feature. The major problems I have which haven't been resolved are Bluetooth issues & battery drain.

• Advertisement

I'm curious for people who say battery drain is a major problem - could you elaborate a bit? How long is the battery lasting for you?
    My battery has never given me a moments concern since I got the device, on either CM11S or 12S I must say. Makes my Nexus 4 look like its powered by a hamster.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Thargor wrote:
    Did you have to pay a tenner for another charger with it?

Yeah was part of the bundle deal , EU plug only available when I ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I'm curious for people who say battery drain is a major problem - could you elaborate a bit? How long is the battery lasting for you?
    My battery has never given me a moments concern since I got the device, on either CM11S or 12S I must say. Makes my Nexus 4 look like its powered by a hamster.
    recently * say the past week * i have noticed a massive drain, usually doing what I do * no wifi/ or data on while at home as I would be on the pc anyways, brightness down to a low figure, the same amount of texts as per normal * I would find my phone being at near enough 30% by lunchtime, when previously it was nearly at 70% at the same time. Turns out it was the google play services.

daytob wrote: »
    recently * say the past week * i have noticed a massive drain, usually doing what I do * no wifi/ or data on while at home as I would be on the pc anyways, brightness down to a low figure, the same amount of texts as per normal * I would find my phone being at near enough 30% by lunchtime, when previously it was nearly at 70% at the same time. Turns out it was the google play services.

Very strange. Wonder what applications were causing that? I unplugged at 9.30 this morning, wifi on all day, screen set to about 3 quarters with adaptive brightness, small bit of Web browsing and texts and have 88% left at 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

pedatron wrote:
    Ordered mine Wednesday Afternoon and paid for express delivery. Still processing since! I may as well saved that two euro for a 99!

Don't worry it always says processing, you should have it Monday.

Until a couple weeks ago, I'd probably get 2 full days out of a full charge and moderate usage. At the minute, it's about 18-20 hours.

Hi Guys,

Decided to give the update a go but when I click on "Install Update" it brings me into TWRP and from there I can't figure out what to do.

I don't recall having this issue with previous updates.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hi Guys,

Decided to give the update a go but when I click on "Install Update" it brings me into TWRP and from there I can't figure out what to do.

I don't recall having this issue with previous updates.

Any ideas?

When in TWRP click install and then look for the cache folder and the update will be there.

When in TWRP click install and then look for the cache folder and the update will be there.

Thanks, find the cache folder and there was a zip file there with "bacon" in its name. Tried installing that but it failed.

I assume that was the right file?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thanks, find the cache folder and there was a zip file there with "bacon" in its name. Tried installing that but it failed.

I assume that was the right file?

You will have to update TWRP make sure you are on the latest version and then it will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is Blackberry Playbook still the best 2a charger to get? I'm having trouble with the official one

Yes I bought loads of them - comes with interchangeable international plugs too. The charging cable is integrated so it can't be used as a USB charger which stops my iPhone owning family from stealing them.

You will have to update TWRP make sure you are on the latest version and then it will work.

Just updated twrp to the latest version, rebooted etc and the install still falls.

If someone can post a link to where the latest update with the "OK OnePlus" function can be downloaded from I'd appreciate it.

Edit. Found it online and flashed it via twrp. Restarted and the phone 'hung' on the cyanogen graphic which made me think I'd bricked it but after a few minutes (longer than I was comfortable with!) the update started and after all the apps were updated the phone rebooted and all looks fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

So has anyone tried both CM12 and Oxygen? how did they compare? I wasn't going to bother with Oxygen, but I'm finding Cm really buggy, the dialar keeps crashing, screen brightness is all over the place and just generally a bit laggy and cr@p....I don't want to bother if Oxygen is the same sort of deal though.

• Administrators Posts: 54,105 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Has anyone found a fix for the touch screen problems? They are wrecking my head.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm having the problem where the screen does not light back up fully - takes a while sometimes. Any fix for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

awec wrote: »
    Has anyone found a fix for the touch screen problems? They are wrecking my head.

This one is particularly bad. Have to reboot to solve it.

Scrolling boards on chrome is still laggy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Yet again, another update, zero problems

Battery Fine

Touch fine

Screen fine

GPS fine

Wifi Fine

Bluetooth Fine

What ****e are ye running on this phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

FaganJr wrote: »
    Yet again, another update, zero problems

Battery Fine

Touch fine

Screen fine

GPS fine

Wifi Fine

Bluetooth Fine

What ****e are ye running on this phone?

I'm the same, zero problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I'm the same, zero problems

Same, not rooted here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement