Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairc Ui Chaoimh re-development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Frankeen will have a embargo over the playlist so unlikely he'll be allowed to sign about a cailin from An Gallimh.

Subject to licence I guess. Given the stadium has no planning for these kind of events are residents likely to object to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not a fan by any means, but that is massive news for Cork.

Just hope the wife finds someone to go with as I really have no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Subject to licence I guess. Given the stadium has no planning for these kind of events are residents likely to object to it?

I'm sure some residents will make submissions to the license application. Can't see it not being granted. If the Council refused this then you'd never see a big concert in Cork again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Nice one for cork. But 7 gigs in ireland..some going if he sells them out...hes no brucie though. Would like to see more artist do a tour like that in ireland. Even though im not the biggest ed fan i hope its a success it might encourage promoters to push venues outsidr of dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

Nice one for cork. But 7 gigs in ireland..some going if he sells them out...hes no brucie though. Would like to see more artist do a tour like that in ireland. Even though im not the biggest ed fan i hope its a success it might encourage promoters to push venues outsidr of dublin

That's what I am thinking too. Seven gigs is a lot and two are in the Phoenix Park so they will have a massive attendance. Will the two Cork gigs sell out?
    I'd say they will get planning permission alright for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I have no doubt he'll sell them out, people in Cork and Galway are not used to getting concerts like this so the novelty of that alone means people who wouldn't be too pushed about travelling to Dublin for a gig will try and get tickets for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

dulux99 wrote: »
    I have no doubt he'll sell them out, people in Cork and Galway are not used to getting concerts like this so the novelty of that alone means people who wouldn't be too pushed about travelling to Dublin for a gig will try and get tickets for this.
    Yeah, I think both will sell out in Cork. The guy seems to be extremely popular (not that I listen to him) and has a lot of media coverage.
    Two sell outs in Cork would be a good start for the stadium and hopefully a nice earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

dulux99 wrote: »

Exactly i can see a lot going coz its local. Any idea of the price of the tickets
    will any of the long awaited hotel & hostel developments/extentions be finished by then?

Exactly i can see a lot going coz its local. Any idea of the price of the tickets
    will any of the long awaited hotel & hostel developments/extentions be finished by then?

€81 has been mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

81 is correct, 91 for a seat apparently. It will certainly sell out, make no mistake.
    Great news for the local economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pricey gig, I would have thought it was going to be 60/65 for GA and 80/85 for a seat but ya, it'll sell out regardless.

I think those prices are probably on par with his Croke Park pricing but I've no clue about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

lukin wrote: »
    Will the two Cork gigs sell out?

l'd say they will, if the 1st night if it is the 1st big gig that will sell it out as a kind of "I was there" moment, so you'll probably have a demand for 2 concerts. Also, bake in all of Munster won't have to travel to Dublin to see, albeit he's playing 7 Irish gigs !!

He's very popular, should bring in great money and at last we're up and running. Will be very exciting for the City and create a great buzz around the place. The City will be mobbed that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Pricey gig, I would have thought it was going to be 60/65 for GA and 80/85 for a seat but ya, it'll sell out regardless.

I think those prices are probably on par with his Croke Park pricing but I've no clue about that.

€80 + booking fee is standard enough price for a gig like this in Croke Park, think the Guns r Roses gig in Slane was a bit more.

That's why trips to Dublin for gigs are brutal expensive, 2 tickets and a hotel could set you back circa €450/€500, it's nuts. That's before travel expense, dinner, drinks ?

It's class that there will big concerts in Cork presumably on an ongoing basis going forward.

Would like to see the Rolling Stones, Coldplay, AC/DC or Guns n Roses. Would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

clerk wrote: »

That's why trips to Dublin for gigs are brutal expensive, 2 tickets and a hotel could set you back circa €450/€500, it's nuts. That's before travel expense, dinner, drinks ?

Hotels in Cork are doing the same as the hotels in Dublin it seems:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/hotel-prices-up-to-400-higher-on-ed-sheeran-gig-nights-453664.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

marvin80 wrote: »

Time to get rid of the kids and open and B&B in my gaff!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Time to get rid of the kids and open and B&B in my gaff!

Was thinking the same myself.

Join Air BnB.

Let out the house for 2 days for the gigs.

Undercut the hotels by 50 euro a night.

Profit.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Join Air BnB.

Let out the house for 2 days for the gigs.

Undercut the hotels by 50 euro a night.

Profit.

:pac:

Can the 4 of us stay in your gaff for the two nights Gav? :D

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Can the 4 of us stay in your gaff for the two nights Gav? :D

Not a bother, I'll rent it out to ye for a small profit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Can we get a Eubank/Collins rematch.....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40434050

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Can we get a Eubank/Collins rematch.....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40434050

to avoid this thread veering straight into Off Topicland, I'll must say "ah jaysus" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

will Ed Sheeran be the only concerts in 2018 or will there be more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

Rumours that it wont be ready for the quarter finals on July 23rd. I wonder will it be ready fir the Ed Sheeran concerts ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

From twitter :pac:

DDq1AQvXcAIrbB3.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Re: Ed Sheeran

Seems Mrs Derp wants to go. Any word on premium level tickets? I'd rather pay an extra few quid for smaller bar and toilet queues if it's an option

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

MrDerp wrote: »
    Re: Ed Sheeran

Seems Mrs Derp wants to go. Any word on premium level tickets? I'd rather pay an extra few quid for smaller bar and toilet queues if it's an option

10 year ticket holders get priority. Also imagine those would go as corporate freebies. Hard to get hands on I'd say.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    will Ed Sheeran be the only concerts in 2018 or will there be more

Jimmy Crowley supported by Crystal Swing apparently for Frankeen's retirement do. Tickets will not go on sale and entry will only be by secret handshake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

zetalambda wrote: »
    image.jpg
    Just making the seats red/white, would have been so much nicer. As suggested earlier, maybe they will, but it just seems like a basic thing to get right. It's looks like something Sligo would be playing in.

Advertisement