Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I see ye have a song out already. Hope ye dont fall into the hype trap like limerick did in 2013. It was crazy stuff.

If ye win next sunday ye will be hard to stop. Best of luck to ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

pajoguy wrote: »
    I see ye have a song out already. Hope ye dont fall into the hype trap like limerick did in 2013. It was crazy stuff.

If ye win next sunday ye will be hard to stop. Best of luck to ye.

Just because one eejit releases some crap song doesn't mean we are all buying into hype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Delighted so far with our season but it's Tipp for me in the Munster final by at least 6.

I was confident against Cork on both occasions but Tipp I believe will be a step too far. We have come a long way in a year but looking at the likes of Bubbles, Callinan and Bonner these guys are top class and are in their prime.

Reviewing the League game against Tip, they were able to gain possession relatively easily on our half back line and with the likes of Pauric Maher given time to pick out passes I fear we'll be going through the back door.

I just can't see us getting enough scores to win and containing those forwards.

Delighted to be proven wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I think we have a super chance here...all this talk of who we will play in the quarters is very dismissive

Look it....tipp HAVE to win....I taught the fact Limerick were so unfit (certain Limerick forward looked several stone overweight)...papered over cracks to a certain extent
    Many of that tipp forward line aren't head and shoulders better than there Waterford counterparts....calinan is exceptional alright
    It should come down to a midfield battle and Jamie Barron will hardly be as poor again....I think the wat defense should have enough to contain tipp forwards by and large (who won't get as much ball pinpointed to them again)

Will wat attack be good enough??

Anyone hazard a guess on a starting team for Sunday???

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Yeah Limerick didn't seem to be up to much vs Tipp, emptied the tank to get back into it at the start of the second half and then fell away badly.

Fair dues to Skully above in Westmeath, 4 points off Limerick when a wide was flagged as a goal in the last few mins. Should have been alot closer. No disrespect to Westmeath but you'd have expected Limerick to win by more, they don't seem to be at much this year and it's now looking more like Limerick were poor as opposed to Tipp were unreal. We'll find out Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Only change from the last day Id say would be Shane Bennett for O'Halloran.

It'll take their best performance of the year but they are definitely going in best position they have against Tipp for a long time. Should be a cracking game and a big attendance by the sounds of it too.

Only change from the last day Id say would be Shane Bennett for O'Halloran.

It'll take their best performance of the year but they are definitely going in best position they have against Tipp for a long time. Should be a cracking game and a big attendance by the sounds of it too.
    What's the Waterford terrace as I've no ticket got yet and doubt il get a stand one now :(

Ropaire wrote: »
    Yeah Limerick didn't seem to be up to much vs Tipp, emptied the tank to get back into it at the start of the second half and then fell away badly.

Fair dues to Skully above in Westmeath, 4 points off Limerick when a wide was flagged as a goal in the last few mins. Should have been alot closer. No disrespect to Westmeath but you'd have expected Limerick to win by more, they don't seem to be at much this year and it's now looking more like Limerick were poor as opposed to Tipp were unreal. We'll find out Sunday!

They won by 12 that goal was just after half time to put them 5 up. They were in touch late on, and ahead just before half time as well having been 7 down early on. A good showing, maybe there'll be a sting in the tail but Limerick are struggling this year.

What's the Waterford terrace as I've no ticket got yet and doubt il get a stand one now :(

I would have thought Kilinan but seems a bit up in the air. I'd ring someone in the county board or the club if you have one. We've always been in the Kilinan when there was an assigned terrace, including v Tipp in 2009 and I do recall somebody telling me we wouldn't be before the game because Tipp were always in it but I don't see why it would change now.

I would have thought Kilinan but seems a bit up in the air. I'd ring someone in the county board or the club if you have one. We've always been in the Kilinan when there was an assigned terrace, including v Tipp in 2009 and I do recall somebody telling me we wouldn't be before the game because Tipp were always in it but I don't see why it would change now.

Ya...I didn't even go about tickets at the club...should be good craic....I remember being there in 09...god it's so long now....this has the potential to be a massive upset!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

I think we have a super chance here...all this talk of who we will play in the quarters is very dismissive

Look it....tipp HAVE to win....I taught the fact Limerick were so unfit (certain Limerick forward looked several stone overweight)...papered over cracks to a certain extent
    Many of that tipp forward line aren't head and shoulders better than there Waterford counterparts....calinan is exceptional alright
    It should come down to a midfield battle and Jamie Barron will hardly be as poor again....I think the wat defense should have enough to contain tipp forwards by and large (who won't get as much ball pinpointed to them again)

Will wat attack be good enough??

Anyone hazard a guess on a starting team for Sunday???

1. Stephen O Keeffe

2. Shane Fives
    3. Barry Coughlan
    4. Neol Connors

5. Austin Gleeson
    6. Tadgh de Burca
    7. Philip Mahoney

8. Kevin Moran
    9. Jamie Barron

10. Jake Dillon
    11. Brick Walsh
    12. Shane Bennett

13. Stephan Bennett
    14. Maurice Shanahan
    15. Colin Dunford

This would be the most likely team with the likes of Stephan Bennett switching out to half forward line for periods of the game.
    Tom Devine, Brian O Halloran and Patrick Curran seeing action in the forward line, Eddie Barrett coming into midfield at some stage and maybe Darragh Fives although I would say he's probably still a few weeks away from being up to championship intensity.

1. Stephen O Keeffe

2. Shane Fives
    3. Barry Coughlan
    4. Neol Connors

5. Austin Gleeson
    6. Tadgh de Burca
    7. Philip Mahoney

8. Kevin Moran
    9. Jamie Barron

10. Jake Dillon
    11. Brick Walsh
    12. Shane Bennett

13. Stephan Bennett
    14. Maurice Shanahan
    15. Colin Dunford

This would be the most likely team with the likes of Stephan Bennett switching out to half forward line for periods of the game.
    Tom Devine, Brian O Halloran and Patrick Curran seeing action in the forward line, Eddie Barrett coming into midfield at some stage and maybe Darragh Fives although I would say he's probably still a few weeks away from being up to championship intensity.
    Hard to find a place for paddy curren unless Maurice has a stinker
    One thing we will need is him to be nailed on with the frees again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

We're in the Town End.
    http://munster.gaa.ie/2015/06/22/munster-senior-hurling-championship-final-5/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

Waterford in the Town end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

HillFarmer wrote: »
    Delighted so far with our season but it's Tipp for me in the Munster final by at least 6.

I was confident against Cork on both occasions but Tipp I believe will be a step too far. We have come a long way in a year but looking at the likes of Bubbles, Callinan and Bonner these guys are top class and are in their prime.

Reviewing the League game against Tip, they were able to gain possession relatively easily on our half back line and with the likes of Pauric Maher given time to pick out passes I fear we'll be going through the back door.

I just can't see us getting enough scores to win and containing those forwards.

Delighted to be proven wrong.

I'd be inclined to agree. Tipp looked to have stepped up another level against Limerick to where they were at in the league semi when we beat them. It was frightening at times to see the likes of Callinan and bubbles, the speed of their hurling and so clinical in front of the posts. They have a forward line that can bury any team in a matter of minutes. I also think there will be a massive hunger in them for this Munster final. Yes there will be pressure on them having a home Munster final but Waterford have been talked about as the form team of the year so far, and Tipp will be mad to knock us off our perch. I can't see them being complacent as the surprise factor is gone from us now. Also given that KK are back in the semi final on the opposite side of the draw they will be keen to avoid a semi with them given their record against them in recent seasons. We need a good start early to have any chance of winning, because Tipp will hit a purple patch at some stage in the game and when that happens it just a matter of how much you can contain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dublin v limerick
    Cork v clare

That's the qualifier round 2 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is it this Wednesday they are making tickets available to be sold at walsh park or was that last wednesday, im feckin unreal for leavin these things till the last minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

KevIRL wrote: »
    Dublin v limerick
    Cork v clare

That's the qualifier round 2 draw

If we lose and Dublin win we will play them in the quarters as they can't play galway

If Clare and Limerick win then they will be a draw if we're involved

If cork and Limerick win than its cork vs galway, Limerick vs Waterford or Tipperary vs cork, Limerick vs galway. .

Thurles will probly get the quarters too

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

How come you reckon Thurles would have the quarter finals? I thought they were always in Croker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

sheepo wrote: »
    How come you reckon Thurles would have the quarter finals? I thought they were always in Croker

They've been in Thurles for the last few years.

• Advertisement

Ed sherran is in croke park that weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Quarter finals haven't been in Croker since they got rid of the '4 game' quarters I think 07. Ever since then its always been Thurles. Bar 2010 I think it was because both Tipp and Antrim were involved in the quarters so they were played in Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Great to see Tyrion back I for one definitely missed his knowledge of the Waterford hurling scene!

Waterford are 7/4 for Sunday? I will be having some of that. Vital we start well and that hasn't been happening for us lately,but the longer we stay in it the more confident I will be.
    Shane Bennett should still start,tan or no tan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

archieknox wrote: »
    Great to see Tyrion back I for one definitely missed his knowledge of the Waterford hurling scene!

Waterford are 7/4 for Sunday? I will be having some of that. Vital we start well and that hasn't been happening for us lately,but the longer we stay in it the more confident I will be.
    Shane Bennett should still start,tan or no tan!!!

12/5 is freely available on Waterford

Only terrace tickets available from the Walsh park/fraher field public sales this week. Demand must be there for stand tickets. Nothing against the terrace but it mostly associated with drunken fans who have little interest in the game.

If we lose its either Clare/Limerick or Dublin in the quarters.

I pray it won't be a repeat of the 2011 final and we are beaten by 7 goals. If so it will kill this team and we will lose the quarter final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only terrace tickets available from the Walsh park/fraher field public sales this week. Demand must be there for stand tickets. Nothing against the terrace but it mostly associated with drunken fans who have little interest in the game.

If we lose its either Clare/Limerick or Dublin in the quarters.

I pray it won't be a repeat of the 2011 final and we are beaten by 7 goals. If so it will kill this team and we will lose the quarter final

If you haven't anything Positive to say, don't say anything..
    FFSake, we're League Champions, turned Cork over TWICE, playing Tipperary in Thurles in the Munster Final and guaranteed a Q Final at the very least, hurling into end of July..
    Cheer up Bhoy :pac:

Munster council screwed up meaning both Counties only got an allocation of 5,000 stand tickets each due to overselling on tickets.ie

How this can happen is beyond me but it seems the supply is well below demand. There'll be a big crowd at the game at least and a fuller terrace for Waterford. Must have been cat for those that went on the terrace against Cork as it was quite empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

11201813_1021114811262579_5858162616788533918_n.jpg?oh=c831aed89143288efd9d41c4736f3fbf&oe=56109F79

Munster council screwed up meaning both Counties only got an allocation of 5,000 stand tickets each due to overselling on tickets.ie

How this can happen is beyond me but it seems the supply is well below demand. There'll be a big crowd at the game at least and a fuller terrace for Waterford. Must have been cat for those that went on the terrace against Cork as it was quite empty.

They better not of oversold my seats , if someone's in my seat when I get there they will be told to move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

What the hell are the county board playing at. Each club told they will only get half their ticket allocation. A person with no affiliation to a club has got tickets before a paided up member of a club?????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement