Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

FourFourFM wrote: »
    So much for your man who "emailed apple" and said it would be two weeks later.

Not sure why anyone believed him. Nokia3310 or whatever he calls himself

well it still might be 2 weeks later , it says coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

peteeeed wrote: »
    well it still might be 2 weeks later , it says coming soon

Says the same on the UK website. Would be strange if they delayed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's not really clear if all 100+ countries will be launching simultaneously. Certainly that seems to be Apple's goal but if deals are still being finalised it's possible some countries will be delayed, hence the "coming soon" on all the international sites. We'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Yes I did email them and Yes I did get an answer. So I would appreciate it if you would stop saying false things about me. To reconfirm yes apple said it will launch 2 weeks after the June 30 launch

Thanks for choosing Apple.
    Hi,

Yes, Apple Music will be made available in Ireland on a later date than the initial released June 30, 2015 for the first 100 countries.
    Apple Music will be made available in Ireland 2 weeks after the June 30, 2015 released.

Regards,

Kevin
    iTunes Store/Mac App Customer Support
    http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

———————————————————

On Jun 9, 2015, at 20:59 <my email@gmail.com> wrote:

Okay thanks,
    Do you know why Ireland won't get the service and also do you have a list of the 100 countries,
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Jun 2015, at 11:58, itunes_account_support@apple.com wrote:

A message for you from Apple Support
    06/09/15 - 03:58 AM
    Your support Advisor has a follow-up message for you.

For more information, please open this email on your iPhone.
    *Disclaimer: This is for representational purpose only. Please validate it on the actual device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Bit harsh there I think, Apple do this on hardware release so why not on software,maybe in this case not overload the servers completely as everyone "tries it out"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ec18 wrote: »
    it was a bad interpretation on my part, i took that to mean the iTunes Library

BUt that's what I take it to be as well. Apple Music will give you full access to the full Apple library, for the ones they have streaming deals in place for which I would imagine would be most, even Taylor Swift.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Unless Apple come to an arrangement with Sonos, I'll be sticking with Spotify.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is iTunes Match messed up for anyone else? Metadata is all over the place for me. Artists aren't even showing in alphabetical order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

faceman wrote: »
    Unless Apple come to an arrangement with Sonos, I'll be sticking with Spotify.

What?! No deal with Sonos, that's gonna cost them some customers. As I wrote earlier was already thinking of sticking with spotify (cause half price with vodafone) but this will make it a definite no for apple music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

No doubt a Beats/Apple version of Sonos is high up the to do list in Cupertino

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

I doubt it...

pharrell to release his new song first on apple music . you wouls think tidal maybe the first against the wall

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/134414-apple-music-s-first-exclusive-is-none-other-than

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It probably makes more sense to focus on growing the userbase through the mobile market first. Then focus on hardware development.

Apple already have their own version of Sonos in Airplay, but they entrusted the making of the speakers to third party manufacturers. Since Sonos see Apple as a competitor and won’t pay the license to use Airplay, I can’t see Apple being too pushed about throwing Sonos users a bone and adding a third party API for iTunes/Apple Music.

I guess they could buy Sonos with pocket change, but why would they want the hassle of supporting all those devices and services when it doesn’t benefit their ecosystem. Just because Apple are planning an Android app doesn’t mean they are becoming a services company.

I can’t see them making their own speakers either. Speakers last for years and unlike headphones don’t tend to break or get lost, where’s the profit? No, all they have to do is take over the streaming market, thereby forcing Sonos out of business (as Jobs would have liked) or into supporting Airplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

last time I put something on speaker I had to use a plastic disc to make sound come out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

peteeeed wrote: »
    pharrell to release his new song first on apple music . you wouls think tidal maybe the first against the wall

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/134414-apple-music-s-first-exclusive-is-none-other-than

I think it's fair to call Tidal a disaster at this point. They've just lost a second CEO in as many months.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/boss-of-jay-zs-music-streaming-service-tidal-quits-1435063203

beats 1 shows for elton john St. Vincent,Dr. Dre, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and Disclosure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/arts/music/zane-lowe-the-dj-scratching-out-beats-1-for-apple.html?_r=0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Less than a week now, which should mean 8.4 will be released soon. Looking forward to trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Looking forward to trying it out on Tuesday. Also quite like the round of the Beats radio station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

flyguy wrote: »
    What?! No deal with Sonos, that's gonna cost them some customers. As I wrote earlier was already thinking of sticking with spotify (cause half price with vodafone) but this will make it a definite no for apple music.

Today is your lucky day.

I was just coming here to post that. I assume it means Apple will be offering an API. I guess there’s too many Sonos users to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

I'm assuming this will not be available to Irish users when it goes live next week. Have Apple announced a date yet for Ireland officially ? Thanks

No, but we should know by the end of tomorrow.

medic087 wrote: »
    I'm assuming this will not be available to Irish users when it goes live next week. Have Apple announced a date yet for Ireland officially ? Thanks

Approx two weeks after the June 30 launch is what we are told!

nokia211 wrote: »

Yeah, but that was over 2 weeks ago. iTunes Support told me last week that it would be same day. The truth is even Apple probably didn’t know at that point, and even if they did, I still wouldn’t trust anything iTunes Support says.

Yeah, but that was over 2 weeks ago. iTunes Support told me last week that it would be same day. The truth is even Apple probably didn’t know at that point, and even if they did, I still wouldn’t trust anything iTunes Support says.

Yeah I suppose but we can guarantee really that it will be available with the two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

nokia211 wrote: »

One advisor (who most likely doesn't have the information) told you that. Everything points to it being available on the 30th June.

One advisor (who most likely doesn't have the information) told you that. Everything points to it being available on the 30th June.

Yes maybe but I'm only trying to inform people on the information I was given. Obviously I would like it to be available on June 30. The way you are talking is as if I don't want it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Doubt it will be in Ireland on launch. The apple IE site says coming soon whereas the U.S. site says 6-30-15 (crazy date format for 30-6-15). Why would this be different unless it was to lag behind the U.S. launch?

Advertisement